Profile for Matthew Wietzke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Wietzke RSS Feed (San Diego)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
adidas Men's Superlite CC 3-Pack Low Cut Sock
adidas Men's Superlite CC 3-Pack Low Cut Sock
Price: $14.00 - $19.48

3.0 out of 5 stars It took 5 wears for one of the socks to start tearing, June 28, 2014
Yes, that's correct. One of my socks has already started to come unraveled around the top where you put your feet in. It's not a stitching issue, but the top part of the socks are more like dense "nets" versus solid fabric to help with cooling. Well, one of the loops has gotten bigger and now it's a pea sized hole.

Other than that, these socks are very comfortable.

Round Pet ID Tags | 8 Colors Available | Dog Cat Aluminum
Round Pet ID Tags | 8 Colors Available | Dog Cat Aluminum
Offered by Providence Engraving
Price: $3.45
2 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Laser Engraved is Different Than What We're Probably Used To, May 4, 2014
I ordered these and sent the "gift" note with my dog's name, phone number, etc. to be engraved. I received the tag about 3 days later in a normal envelope (almost thought it was junk mail and threw it away). The tag is exactly as pictured, lightweight, and the printing is clear and large. They included a note stating to look up laser engraving, because like a lot of people, I initially thought they just painted on the letters. Apparently laser engraving is much different than the standard engraving we get at the pet store machine. With laser engraving, the letters are "burned" into the metal, which is not only permanent, but gives much more flexibility in regards to fonts and pictures that can be etched.

Overall a good product.

T-fal C1192474 Signature Nonstick Expert Easy Clean Interior Dishwasher Safe PFOA Free Oven Safe 3-Quart Sauce Pan with Glass Lid Cookware, Black
Price: $24.60
21 used & new from $22.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pot, first picture is misleading, April 30, 2014
Good, solid pot, however the primary (first picture) is not the pot. The second picture more accurately represents the pot. I was sort of disappointed to realize the pot I ordered was shorter and bigger in circumference than the primary picture, which shows a taller pot (good for boiling noodles). Other than that, the pot is solid.

WeatherTech Custom Fit Front FloorLiner for Honda Civic, Black
WeatherTech Custom Fit Front FloorLiner for Honda Civic, Black
Offered by AutoPartsWAY
Price: $117.95
77 used & new from $111.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Great custom fit so far, April 29, 2014
I got these after seeing the barrage of commercials and I can say that so far they live up to the hype. I don't know about the "laser" fit, but these fit my 2008 Civic pretty well. There is a small (1-2cm gap in between the area where they clip to the driver side floor and towards the side gas pulley, but nothing that is super noticeable. They are lighter than I thought, but seem pretty durable. Time will tell how well they'll hold up in the one major wear area (right underneath the gas pedal).

Otterbox Commuter Series Samsung Galaxy S5 Case, Frustration-Free Packaging, Black
Price: $17.34
9 used & new from $15.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time Otterbox Owner, April 13, 2014
I owned one of these cases on my Samsung S2 Skyrocket, and I bought another one when I upgraded to the S5. These cases are slightly bulky, but I can attest to the fact that they protect your phone when dropped. When I had my S2, I dropped it several times with one of these cases on, and now that I'm trading in the phone, I noticed there wasn't a single scratch on the phone after 3 years of use.

Another reason I purchased this case is because OtterBox is a great company. When I had my S2, my OtterBox screen cover had a scratch. I called OtterBox and they sent me a brand new case in less than a week - now that's customer service.

This case fits the S5 perfectly and the screen cover is awesome, hardly any difference from having no screen cover on. However, it is a little bit harder to down swipe when using the finger print scanner as the bottom bezel of the case inhibits downward movement of your finger.

There is only one gripe I have with these cases. After a lot of use, the silicone/rubber portion (I think they call it the "slip cover" layer on this model) will start to lose shape and get loose around the phone, especially on the ends where you plug in your earphones & charger (the S5 model doesn't have silicone/rubber around the charger opening, only the headphone opening). I found that boiling the silicone/rubber piece in water for about 5 seconds and then letting it cool, restores the silicone/rubber to its original fit.

If you buy this case, you can be assured that your phone will be protected and this case will last for years.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2014 5:55 AM PDT

Klippermate® Tennis Racquet / Racket Stringing Machine
Klippermate® Tennis Racquet / Racket Stringing Machine
Offered by Klipper USA
Price: $169.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I got one of these back in the 90s, February 26, 2014
I remember growing up playing tennis in Jr High I thought I'd become a pro. Little did I know, that would not happen. On my quest to this false reality, I decided to purchase one of these stringing machines (I was 14-15 years old). There is a sense of pride and accomplishment that comes with stringing one's own racquet. This machine saved me tens of dollars of allowance money stringing my own racquets vs. getting them strung professionally.

The only down side I remember, is when pulling the weight back, one has to do it slowly, there were occasions where the strings snapped and scared the living daylights out of me.

Brother MFC-J870DW Wireless Color Inkjet All-In-One with Scanner, Copier and Fax Printer
Price: Click here to see our price
159 used & new from $91.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the top loading tray, works well so far, February 3, 2014
I decided to upgrade to this printer after I upgraded my Mac to Mavericks (OSX 10.9). Apparently my HP Photosmart was no longer being supported with current drivers, therefore scanning was near impossible without using third party apps and Apple suggested workarounds. I bought this unit based on the reviews on Amazon and other trusted websites. The setup was easy, installing drivers was easy, and the printer/scanner/copier worked without a hitch.

My only gripe is that the Windows software that is included on the disc and on the website is much more robust than the Mac versions. With PC you get ControlCenter 4, with Mac you get ControlCenter2 which is less feature-rich. Also, when I tried to install the MFL-Pro Suite for Mac included on the CD, I got an error message stating my operating system was not supported (OSX 10.9). So I had to install the drivers from the manufacturers website, which to me appear much more "bare bones".

Overall, the printer works great, duplex printing (two-sided) is awesome. Wifi works without a hitch.

I would love if this printer could scan and copy two sided, but I guess that's what costlier models are for.

Edit 3/12/14: Printed my first 4x6 photo - looks better than my old HP Photosmart 5200 series, though it took approximately 2 minutes to print. Still love the printer!

Wilen Professional H28218 Feather Duster, 18 in., With Hardwood Handle/Gray Ostrich Feathers
Offered by PLEXSUPPLY
Price: $13.86
12 used & new from $8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, February 3, 2014
Feather dusters work so much better than any other type of duster. I love this one as it's just the right size.

ASICS Men's GEL-Scram Trail Running Shoe,Brick/Black/Sun,10 M US
ASICS Men's GEL-Scram Trail Running Shoe,Brick/Black/Sun,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, January 21, 2014
Love the price, color and fit. I bought these shoes to compliment a black pair I have of the same model. Asics has always made wonderful shoes. I've had pairs that have held up almost 2 years with almost daily use. These shoes are great and the only problems I've ever had with Asics, are that once in a while the tread towards the toe or the back heel will sometimes start to separate and I'll have to super glue it. Other than that, these shoes feel great!

Camelbak Eddy Accessory Bite Valve (Multi-pack)
Camelbak Eddy Accessory Bite Valve (Multi-pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean your bite valves!, January 21, 2014
I purchased these because one day I was drinking from my Camelbak Eddy when I noticed the bite value had a bunch of black stuff inside it (mold!). Upon further research it appears that this is a common problem, and the bite valve needs to be cleaned after every few fills, something I never really considered. These fit on easily and fix the problem. I wish they'd sell 4 packs in just the clear color though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8