Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for Eva87 > Reviews

Browse

Eva87's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eva87 RSS Feed

Spellbound 2011
Spellbound 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Chillingly good!, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Spellbound 2011 (Kindle Edition)
I always enjoy reading these anthologies from Melange Books because they always pick a great mix of stories from some brilliant authors. This one includes three of my favourite authors: Jenny Twist, Tara Fox Hall and Tori L. Ridgewood and each of them has brought yet another stunningly good piece to the table. This is just the sort of thing you want to read at Halloween - full of eerie and haunting tales.

Killing Jenna Crane
Killing Jenna Crane

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Twist, January 4, 2013
I started reading this with no idea of what to expect and was happily reading it and enjoying discovering his passion for his new love alongside his wavering guilt for his ex. I wasn't entirely sure where it was heading and just thought perhaps he would finally give in to his guilt and apologise to his ex or maybe he would decide to go along with Emily's idea to kill off his heroine and in the process, lose his agent and all the money and end up in poverty not knowing what to do.

What actually happened completely surprised me. The unexpected twist to the plot had me fascinated and having to recount earlier events to unpick the plot and find the clues. The clues are there, but so subtly woven into the main body of the story that I had no idea they were there at all.

Lynette Sofras is undeniably a talented author and I always enjoy her stories. This does take a different path to her usual stories and it is not so much a romance, so if you're reading it looking for her usual romantic flair, you might have a bit of a shock. Nonetheless, Lynette still employs her talent for creating believable characters and an interesting plot and there are some romantic parts to it. I think this and her last short story co-written by her son, which was a sci-fi story, shows that Lynette is not limited to one genre. She can put her hand to whatever takes her fancy and produce the same quality of work that we are used to with her romance stories.

Warm Christmas Wishes
Warm Christmas Wishes

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, December 3, 2012
This anthology is aptly named as it brings a warm glow to your heart with each of these wonderful Christmas tales. You can expect to find magic, charm, love and happiness within. A fabulous group of authors come together resulting in an anthology that no one should be without at Christmas. If you want to know what Christmas is all about, read this book. You'll find all the answers inside.

All in the Mind
All in the Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful story!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: All in the Mind (Kindle Edition)
All in the Mind is a beautiful tale of undying love between Tilly and her husband. Tilly is part of an experiment trying to find a cure for Alzheimer's and then begins to wonder whether the same experiment might be used to help her husband to recover from a stroke. This is an incredible story exploring the inner workings of the mind and Jenny tells it wonderfully. Her talent seems effortless, especially when you factor in that this was written in one month as part of NaNoWriMo November 2011 (only tweaked and edited afterwards). I salute you, Jenny Twist!

Wishful Thinking
Wishful Thinking
Price: $11.48
11 used & new from $8.36

5.0 out of 5 stars More wonderful than expected, October 15, 2012
This review is from: Wishful Thinking (Paperback)
I loved this book just as much as the others I have read by her. Lynette never fails to draw me in and surround me in her beautiful words. I am captured early on, almost becoming one with Jess and feeling her love, her happiness, her sorrow and her pain.
This is a whirlwind of a story with so much happening for Jess so quickly that it was easy to empathise with her when she became lost and confused. Each character is effortlessly portrayed in their entirety. You get to know the ins and outs of every character without feeling like you're just being told the facts; it is all woven in together.
As per usual Lynette has pulled me in to listen to her tale, making the task seem simple. I love the characters, I love the plot, I love the turn of phrase, I love it all!

Bedtime Shadows
Bedtime Shadows
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Collaboration, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Bedtime Shadows (Kindle Edition)
Bedtime Shadows is a brilliant collection of short stories from the talented writers Jenny Twist and Tara Fox Hall, who brought us such delights as Domingo's Angel and the Promise Me series. The title for this anthology is taken from Jenny Twist's Take One at Bedtime and Tara Fox Hall's Just Shadows. There is a wealth of twists and turns in this mix of stories bringing you horror, psychics, telepathy, ghosts, sinister events, and romance in the strangest places. I couldn't put it down and I know it's one of those that I'll return to again and again. Well worth a read!

The Apple Tree
The Apple Tree
5 used & new from $18.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose yourself in the dream!, October 9, 2012
This review is from: The Apple Tree (Paperback)
I bought this book by accident as I was actually looking for something else and didn't check it properly, but I am so pleased that I did get it. Serendipity, a happy accident. 'There are no coincidences' as Lyn reminded me several times and I think she is quite right.

It didn't take me long to get wrapped up in the romance. The scenes were so perfectly set, the characters seemed so real and the emotions spilled out of it. I laughed with Julie and I cried with her, I felt her anger and also her guilt. Most of all I felt her love, and I want to find my own Nicholas. If I ever find anyone half as decent and loving as that man then I will be a happy woman.
Comment |

Surveillance
Surveillance
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Surveillance (Kindle Edition)
The authors of this piece have exquisitely weaved this short story and left me wanting more. I had a suspicion fairly early on as to what the twist at the end might be, but I was second-guessing myself all the way through. The character of Harrison is portrayed with such eloquence and yet they've made it look so effortless!

I would highly recommend this to any sci-fi lovers and I really hope they continue in this genre (as well as the romance works from Lynette).

Shopping for Love
Shopping for Love
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it!, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Shopping for Love (Paperback)
So unbelievably difficult to put down! I very nearly went without sleep for 2 days because I kept picking it up before going to bed and then couldn't stop. This is the second of Lynette's books that I've read now and they are both brilliant. She has such talent for creating believable characters and displaying their personalities effortlessly. I fell in love with the main characters (and the children) and felt Greg's anger and resentment towards his ex-wife. The emotions just pour out of the page as they did in 'The Apple Tree'. I can't wait to read another!