Profile for AmandaGal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 150

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmandaGal RSS Feed

Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, Quality Product, December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun set. It's probably not going to set up a regulation sized table (unless your kitchen table happens to be regulation sized). I am assuming most people buying this are like me: You don't really care if it's regulation sized. You just want to have a fun game of table tennis. This fits that bill and it's really quite a handy set to carry with you to parties or friend's houses. The net is higher quality than another similiar set I bought from a major retailer. That set was $9.99. but this net actually stays in place so it's probably worth the extra money.

Marvel Avengers Icon Leggings (Large)
Marvel Avengers Icon Leggings (Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars like you would black hose, December 16, 2014
These are not cheaply, but they are very thin. They are thicker than hose, but you can "see through" them a little, like you would black hose. I felt uncomfortable wearing them without a skirt or shorts.

They held up during a half marathon and after several washes.

Graphic Skinz Design Studio Motorized Vacuum Chamber for Girls Includes Machine, 3 Models and 30 Transfer Skinz (45915AA-4)
40 used & new from $31.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun, Not Sure How Long Lasting., December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This set would be a lot of fun for kids. There are several objects in the kit you can skin and you can skin other objects, like phone or iPod cases. I was thinking it might be good for other arts and crafts projects, but I haven't really found a good use for it yet on that front. I think you could use the skins like decoupage, but I haven't tried yet. I think it would be a lot of fun for kids to play with, but I think after they skin everything, they'll be done with it. I don't see it taking off like the loom bands.

A few other downsides: Not much fits into the vacuum chamber, and the chamber seems cheaply made. However, you can apply the skin with a damp sponge to areas that are too large. I am not sure how long the chamber will hold up, but it will probably hold as long as the skin pack holds. The key item is the skins, and they are a little bit pricey.

I do think this is a good idea and kids love to personalize things. The objects included i n the kit (a box, and some figures) are pretty cute too. I am going to give it four stars because I am not the target audience, but I was pretty impressed.

Metrokane 25269 Houdini Wine Tool Kit, Includes Waiter's Corkscrew, Chilling Carafe, Aerator and Preserver with 2 Stoppers, Silver/Silver
Price: $60.00
2 used & new from $47.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift Potential, and Overall Good Set for Beginner, December 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a wine novice, but I asked a friend who is more of a connoisseur for her advice too. To the novice's eyes, this is a great set. It has a carafe for white wines, to keep them chilled, and an aerator for red wines. The cooling carafe is actually pretty good quality and works quite well. It's my favorite part of the kid, and if you like white wines, this kit is right up your ally.

You also have several wine preserving tools, including a pump to remove the air from the bottle before corking and some preservation corks. The pump is great.

My friend said that the aerator was not the best, however it would be a good start for the novice. Once you get more advanced, you might want to pick up something more specific to the type of wine of you're serving.

Neither of us was impressed with the corkscrew, but you can never have too many corkscrews laying around. I think for the price, this would make a wonderful gift for a holiday, birthday or wedding type event.

PRIME YARD STAKE RED/GREEN LASER LT LFLRG505
PRIME YARD STAKE RED/GREEN LASER LT LFLRG505

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, November 29, 2014
I bought two of these and a blue blisslight. First of all, these are available at some Ace Hardware stores for around $50. Second, I can tell by comparison to the blisslight that these are about $50 quality lights. The stake is lighter, not built as well and not quite as bright. They don't project quite as far either. My bliss light was more in the $200 price range though, so I expected that (these lights were a deal even with the third party merchant markup).

On the plus side, they are beautiful. The lights move and dance. So far, both colors are bright. A negative is that they have an automatic shut off at 4 hours (which the bliss lights don't, probably because they are built like a tank and these need to cool).

I will update if they change brightness.

SilverStone Microwave Cookware 3.4-Quart Microwave Pressure Cooker, Chili Red
SilverStone Microwave Cookware 3.4-Quart Microwave Pressure Cooker, Chili Red
Price: $58.99
7 used & new from $58.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than a microwave, not as good as a pressure cooker, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works well for steaming and cooking in the microwave, but I'm not too fond of the pressure cooking option. I use a real pressure cooker, and this device isn't nearly as effective. I have used it quite a bit for cooking. It's a larger, heavy bowl for cooking in the microwave and food turns out better in it than it does it normal microwave bowls and plates.

One problem is that the pressure locking lid is hard to lock exactly right, but it does have a pressure indicator pop-up to show you if it's pressurized or not. I've tried some things I usually cook in my pressure cooker: dried beans, whole grains, etc and they didn't cook as quickly or as well as in a regular pressure cooker. That being said, if you want to cook rice and dried beans in your microwave, this WILL work better than anything else. It just takes a bit longer. I think those dried applications are better off in the real pressure cooker. I do not believe the pressure (or cooking temp) is as high in this as a real pressure cooker.

It might be perfect for experimenting with pressure cooking, because the pressure is lower. Some people are afraid of pressure cookers (my grandma was scared to death of them). This is a safe, easy way to get your feet wet. Just know the real thing is better. Food taste better and cooks quicker in a real pressure cooker. If you just want a quick, new way to make whole foods in the microwave, I think this is a decent purchase. Food does taste better in this than in the microwave, and I think it does have some pressure (which helps foods retain flavor), but it doesn't compare to the real thing.

Avery Textured Place Cards, White, 1.43 x 3.75 Inches, Pack of 60 (80504)
Avery Textured Place Cards, White, 1.43 x 3.75 Inches, Pack of 60 (80504)
Price: $8.13
3 used & new from $7.11

4.0 out of 5 stars These are pretty small., November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like other reviewers, I thought these would be bigger than they were. That's my own fault. The way they are photographed makes them look larger, but be sure to check the measurements to make sure they will work for your purposes. These are easy to design and print and come out looking very nice. The cardstock is a little thin, but it looks nice when printed, so it doesn't bother me.

I think these are very suitable for the purposes. Just be sure to check the measurements.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Eye Treatment, 0.5 fl. oz.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Eye Treatment, 0.5 fl. oz.
Price: $45.00
2 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on dark circles, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are three main possible problems with this eye area: puffiness, dark circles and wrinkles. I don't have puffiness or wrinkles, but I do have dark circles. A dermatologist told me dark circles were mostly genetic and there's really nothing you can do about them (even surgery isn't very effective) except apply concealer.

This serum doesn't do anything for them either. I can feel it's tingly, and tightening, so if I had puffiness or wrinkles, I think it would make a difference. However, I think my dermatologist is correct about the dark circles. I think I'll just have to live with them!

TP-LINK Archer C8 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 1 USB 2.0 Port & 1 USB 3.0 Port, IPv6, Guest Network
Price: $119.16
52 used & new from $107.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little router, November 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am switching from a Cisco/Linksys router to this one. This router is easy to setup, but the options for personalization are plentiful too. The router I currently use has a configuration utility that hides advanced options from you unless you know how to get around the utility. That's pretty annoying (I had to call the company to learn how to get around it). This one is easy enough for someone not used to networking, but the options are easily available for someone more advanced.

The nice thing about this model as opposed to some other models is the two available USB ports for networked USB storage.

So far (I've been using it about 2 weeks), it works well and I've had no problems with it. My speed is consistent.

My only complaint would be that router is a bit larger than most routers I've used, however it does have a handy stand so it can stand vertically. That's nice.

OXO Good Grips Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber
OXO Good Grips Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber
Price: $12.99
4 used & new from $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed like a good idea, November 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What can you say about a tub scrubber? I found that because of the swiveling head, you really cannot scrub with force with this item. It's ok for light duty, but not for a really deep clean, which is disappointing. I've actually been using it for the toilet because of the design and it seems to work better for that than for the tub.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15