Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM
Profile for AmandaGal > Reviews

Browse

AmandaGal's Profile

Customer Reviews: 258

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmandaGal RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches (Tab)
Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches (Tab)
by Simon Monk
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Beginner Resource, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I disagree with the reviewer that said this book isn't for beginners. I just started with Arduino earlier this year and have very little experience with C. I've done a little in other languages, but I wouldn't call myself proficient in anything. What I've learned about Arduino, I learned mostly from The Official Arduino Starter Kit Deluxe Bundle and a few Make books bought here on Amazon (I have Make! Electronics and 30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius).

I thought this book did a stellar job explaining the code and presents some great basic code that could be used to build more complex code. It's very project oriented, but it teaches basic concepts through those projects. This will be a useful book in my library as I continue to expand my knowledge of Arduino. I've only worked through about half the book and already learned a lot. I honestly wish I would have bought the first edition of this book earlier this year, because I feel like I would have benefited from it at the start of my adventure.

I'm not advanced enough to speak of any errors, but this is a second edition (it says it has been updated for Uno R3 and to include an Internet of Things chapter and improved the display chapter), so I'm sure mistakes of the previous editions have been corrected.

The Scotts Ortho Weed B Gon Max Crabgrass Control, 40 oz.
The Scotts Ortho Weed B Gon Max Crabgrass Control, 40 oz.
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $22.73
4 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Crabgrass, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used this for my crabgrass earlier this week. I had used some pre-emerge earlier this season, but still had some patches of crab grass. I don't have an ortho sprayer, but I diluted per the directions and used my usual applicator. It seems to have killed most of it, so I'm satisfied with the product. You don't have to have the ortho sprayer.

NUU Mobile N5L 5.5" HD Dual LTE SIM Android Lollipop Smartphone with 2YR Warranty, White
Price: $149.99
16 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Those Looking For Dual Sims, Otherwise Just Ok, April 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice entry level phone with some lower end components, but it functions well. On the positive side, the screen is pretty good for a phone at this price ($150). You usually don't find dual sims or a removable / replaceable battery at this price, but this phone has both.

The phone is a little sluggish, but it's definitely usable. The camera and speakers are ok, but not stellar. This phone will probably meet your needs if you're not a power user, and it looks like a more expensive phone than it is. It's nice a entry point to Android.

If you are specifically looking for a nice phone with dual sims, I don't think you can beat this one. I'm not sure the dual sims are really that important to most people.

In the US, this phone should work on AT&T (I can confirm this), T-Mobile and affiliates like Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS.

Crepe Erase Trial Size Body Duo, Intensive Body Repair 3.5 oz. and Exfoliating Body Polish 3 fl. oz.
Price: $76.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Moisturizer, Don't Buy Via Infomercial, April 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As some others have stated, the Intensive Body Repair Treatment a really good moisturizing cream will give similiar results, but I haven't found one I like in a really long time. The cream in this kit is really nice. It leaves your skin smooth and soft. I wouldn't say it "erases" crepey skin, but it does moisturize your skin and leaves it feeling and looking better. So, it actually does work as a really good moisturizer. It goes on very thick and works great as a nighttime moisturizer.

I see no difference really when I use the body polish or I don't. I'm not a huge fan of that product.

My mom ordered this from the infomercial before Amazon sent me this one. The company that supplies the infomercial product is horrible. There were hidden charges, she had to several times to get them removed and it took several calls to get the automatic subscription cancelled. If you want to try this product, I would purchase via Amazon instead of through the infomercial.

TrackR bravo
TrackR bravo
Offered by TrackReseller
Price: $23.95
13 used & new from $16.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, Will Be Even Better With More Users, April 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm constantly misplacing my keys. This has actually been a time saver, because I can just pull up the app and have them give me and find them.

I've only used the GPS tracker as a test, and it seems to work ok as long as you're near another TrackR user. It performs better than Tile overall in area. The thing to remember about crowd GPS is that your results depend on the community. That means that the more people around you that use TrackR, the better your tracking results. If you lose your keys in a secluded area, you're probably not going to have as much luck as you would if you lost your keys in New York city. So, the winner of these tracking devices will be the brand that sells the most.

One thing Tile doesn't have is the ability to find your phone with your keys. If you lose your phone, there is a button on the TrackR device to make your phone ring, even if the phone is in silent mode. That's awesome. I love that feature.

I personally prefer the way TrackR looks than Tile. I'm going to buy a few more of these to tag various objects.

Westcott 15-Piece Architectural Drafting Set (16367)
Westcott 15-Piece Architectural Drafting Set (16367)
Price: $27.51
4 used & new from $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Tools, but most aren't the worst, March 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I agree with some of the reviews that say some of the items are flimsy. The mechanical pencil is the worst. It's tiny and flimsy. It's awful. Technically, you can reload the lead by pushing it through the tip, but it's not really worth reloading. The pencil sharpener is cheap and needs to be tossed immediately. It will eat more of your pencil than it will sharpen. The erasing shields I've used before are a bit thicker than this one. I probably won't use it, but I think it would be usable.

That being said, the rest of the kit is ok,. The small compasses is same one I bought at the dollar store, but it functions great. The larger one is nice enough, and would probably run you around $6-10 (it makes circles with diameters up to 8 and a fourth inches). The plastic pieces (ruler, triangles, protractor and french curve) are typical and seem as sturdy as any you'd buy. They can be a couple of bucks each (Amazon lists the same protractor as $4, but you can find cheaper versions at Wal-Mart or the dollar store). I really like the architect's scale. Amazon lists these around $6.

Overall, I think it's an ok kit. These are not the best tools you could buy, but aside from the pencil and sharpener, they aren't the worst tools either. You probably don't really need the most expensive protractor and compass anyway.

Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System
Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System
Price: $249.00
15 used & new from $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Speaker, March 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My living room TV does have an older AV receiver with five speakers and a subwoofer, but it is older (probably 10 years old) and glitchy and usually requires tinkering to get it to sound right. I've been looking to get a new one, but actually considering a sound bar because I'm not really that huge of an audiophile anyway and I really don't like having speakers everywhere.

A real 5.1 AV receiver system, even a cheap one, will always sound more like a theater than a soundbar, and my old one is no exception. When it works, the sound is exceptional. That being said, the positive of a sound bar over these systems is that the setup is a snap, and you don't have speakers all over your living room. The soundbar is a whole lot neater (and I'm happy to be rid of my huge subwoofer, to be honest). A lot of TV only utilizes two channels anyway, so a sound bar is ok for that. Movies, especially Blu-Ray, are better with the entire setup.

That being said, this really punches up the sound quite a bit. It's not a true theater experience, but you don't really except that from a soundbar. Dialog is a lot sharper, you do get real surround with music and the setup is so easy. I literally had it out of the box, hooked up and the remote programmed in less than 20 minutes.

The one complaint I have is a little bit of weak bass, but all sound bars I've demoed at stores have that same problem. This one is actually good compared to a lot of them, even larger ones I demoed. You really need a subwoofer to get some good base, and they take up a lot of space. As I said previously, I'm glad to get the huge subwoofer out of my living room.

To me, the sound is comparable to the Bose Solo 15, but the footprint is much smaller. The bluetooth connectivity is a nice feature, and it does work, but I can't see myself using it that much.

Overall, this is a great soundbar, but not for an audiophile's home theater (perhaps for an audiophile's kitchen TV or something like that). You will never get true theater sound from a soundbar, but this one in particular is compact, make dialog especially sharp and gives dull, flat TV speakers a punch.

SINGER 19" Sewing Machine Roller Bag
SINGER 19" Sewing Machine Roller Bag
Price: $141.58
2 used & new from $116.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking and Practical, March 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My sewing table is only big enough to fit my serger or my sewing machine, so I usually keep one in the closet. This is perfect for that (or bringing your sewing machine along). Both my singer serger and sewing machine fit, but I have to take the arms off. It has velcro straps to secure your machine and it's fully lined. It rolls very easily, but it does have carrying handles too if you want to carry it.

I love the retro style of the carrying case too. It's eyecatching,. It's made out of a vinyl fabric that looks nice and should be sturdy and hold up to a little abuse.

The only negative I have is that it's not at all padded on the inside. It seems like they spent a lot of time styling the outside and just lined the inside with fabric and left it. That's fine for my needs, but I would be cautious if you're taking the machine by air in checked baggage in this.

Gigastone PhotoFast MAX 128GB Mobile Flash Drive with Lightning connector For iPhones, iPads & Computers (PF-IFMAXU3128GB-R)
Price: $129.99
2 used & new from $129.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, Have to Remove Case, March 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is pretty useful if you have a smaller phone and wanted to stream movies or music. You do need their app to do this, but it seems to run well. It also works great to back up your photos and other settings so you don't need to use iCloud. All of this is accomplished through their app as well, but it's pretty automatic.

The problem with the iPhone end is that my phone case, which is a fairly thin case, has to be removed before I can use it. I wish the end was a little longer. It's also a very tiny piece of tech, so it's going to be easy to lose. I wish the drive had some sort of way to clip it to a keychain or something. The lightening cable side has a plastic covering attached. The USB side has a plastic cover, but it's not attached.

Overall, I do like this device. It makes a great backup device for your iPhone, but if you use a case, you're probably going to have to take it off.

Wilton 307-2502 Display Your Way Adjustable Cupcake Tower
Wilton 307-2502 Display Your Way Adjustable Cupcake Tower
Price: $23.99
13 used & new from $12.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Fulfils the Purpose, March 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This a cute little cupcake holder that makes a great centerpiece for a picnic or casual party. It's made of plastic and does look "cheap," but it is pretty cheap. I have a fancy tiered design cupcake display that costs four times this price for fancier occasions. This is great for birthday parties and picnics. It is sturdy enough for kids to grab a cupcake off it when fully loaded (though, it does need to be loaded from the bottom up).

I really love that it doesn't take up a whole lot of space. The way stand is designed, it all folds in fairly small space, especially for a cupcake holder that holds 25 cupcakes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20