Profile for AmandaGal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 197

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmandaGal RSS Feed

Price: $12.89
28 used & new from $12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Way of Looking at Charity, July 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book has an interesting perspective on giving. Most of the time, when we give to charities, we give to those that make us feel the warmest. They don't necessarily do the most good (and in fact, some of them end up doing more harm than good). Wouldn't it be interesting if we treated charitable giving with the same scrutiny that we do our investments or scientific discovery or even triage at a hospital? This book looks into that and how we can make the most impact with each dollar we donate. It's a different way to view charitable giving, but if you're interested in making the most impact with your charity dollars, it's probably a very effective way to look at the organizations you donate too. The things that make the most sense to us or make us warm and fuzzy inside are usually not the things that actually make the most impact in people's lives.

Thule TLGS-101 Legend GoPro Sling Bag (Black)
Thule TLGS-101 Legend GoPro Sling Bag (Black)
Offered by TA2 Trading
Price: $103.99
4 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well made and very slim. This case is bag is so light you almost forget it's there. It's perfect if you have two GoPros. I only have one, and this bag is still lighter and easier to carry than the case I usually use. I think the sling style is perfect for small camera bags. I don't know why more don't do this style.

The foam padding prevents any movement of your gear at all. The case is very well made, as you'd expect from Thule. For a small bag, there is plenty of extra space for your cables and chargers, even enough room for some cash and a cell phone.

This is a great option for making sure you have your action cam with you.

Swiffer Wetjet Floor Mop Starter Kit
Swiffer Wetjet Floor Mop Starter Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Swiffer for Everday Cleaning, but Not For Deep Cleaning, July 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my second Swiffer wet jet and I've had almost every other type of Swiffer. The wet jet in particular makes daily cleaning a breeze. The liquid and pads can get pricey to purchase, but I find the convenience worth it. With a Swiffer, you do still have to mop to deep clean, the Swiffer is really more of a quick clean up, so you don't have to mop as often. If your Swiffer pad is disgusting after a few swipes, your floor is probably too dirty to Swiffer. I can usually mop my whole kitchen and dining area with one or two pads.

One complaint is that my other wetjet has a "scrubbing strip" which really helps to get up things like dried fruit splatter. This one has a flat profile and there's not area (though the pads do have a scrubbing area, it's not as easy to scrub with it).

HK Porter 0890SMC Compact Bolt Cutter Co-Mold Grip, Spring Return, Locking Latch, Red/Black
Price: $40.21
5 used & new from $30.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Light Duty Tool, July 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think the photos with the product are a pretty accurate representation of what you get. They are not heavy duty industrial bolt cutters, but they are small, medium/light duty bolt cutters that are good for every day household jobs (cutting wires, screws or nails). Cutting a large lock with these would be hard.

The plus side is that these are smaller than most bolt cutters, and easy to handle, maneuver and store. They do seem pretty sturdy, so I think they will hold up well.

Philips SHL3160WT/27 Headphones, White
Philips SHL3160WT/27 Headphones, White
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphone at this Price Point / Category, July 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You do get what you pay for. More expensive headphones will sound better. The best Sennheisers run about $1000+. Even Beats, though not the best quality sound, are around $200. Even the relatively cheap Grado Prestige series, which I think are better than Beats, run almost three times the price of these Phillips headphones at $99.

That being said, these headphones are a vast improvement over earbuds and most of the cheap over the ear headphones I've tried. They are very light and comfortable. They don't completely cancel the noise, but they do have adequate sound isolation and high and low tones. Again, you'll get sharper highs and lows with the more expensive brands, but these are pretty nice.

For most consumers, you will notice a marked difference with these over your standard headphone. Most consumers won't notice that much of a difference upgrading from something like this to a Sennheiser.

Unless you're an audiophile, these will likely be a suitable upgrade from your earbuds.

Linea Luxury Double Shower Dispenser, Brushed Nickel
Linea Luxury Double Shower Dispenser, Brushed Nickel
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $69.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, but Looks Really Nice, July 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product looks like nice and is easy to install. It comes with two different ways to install it, screws or silicone glue. I used the glue on my shower insert and it seems sturdy. There is a template so you can be sure it's level. The brushed nickel looks really nice. The pumps took a while to prime, but once primed work really well.

My biggest problem with this set is the size. I didn't think about it when I ordered this, but all my bottles of shampoo are larger than 12 ounces. Even my body wash and lotions are larger than 12 ounces. That means I still have to find a place to store the bottles. If these would just have been 18 ounces (which is a common size) , I would love the product.

I can see using this in the guest room and then keeping the bottles in your own bathroom. That's probably what I'll end up doing. It is a spa quality dispenser, but the ones I've used in hotels and spas are usually a big larger.

Snow Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel, 14.5 AMP
Offered by Galactics
Price: $204.53
21 used & new from $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, Nice Power Washer, June 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own a Generac 2,800 PSI gas powered power washer already. I hate the thing. It's loud, bulky, the hose is always in the way (and has melted once). When I saw this one was available, I was a bit skeptical that a electric one would be useful. When I opened the box, it looked and felt like a much cheaper plastic than my generac so I was very skeptical.

This little thing is powerful though. It cleans just about as well as the gas powered one, and it much lighter. My favorite thing is it's so quiet compared. The gas one leaves my ears ringing for days. This one is quieter than my lawn mower. It's perfect for most jobs i use a pressure washer for. Some things deeper in the yard or further up the driveway that aren't as easily accessible by cord, I may still use the gas one, but I'll probably just invest in a longer cord.

I also love the hose reel. Why don't they all have that? One of the biggest I've ever had with any pressure washer is storing that messy hose. This winds up nicely and stores easily. It also has the option to increase and decrease pressure with a knob.

There are a few cons. The product is lightweight, so it's a lot easier to knock over than a heavier item. The area that coils the power cord on the back is pretty lousy. The cord will fall off (most of the devices have that problem). It also is pretty light plastic, but it doesn't feel like shoddy construction. Most of the cons just make it easier to maneuver.

I think it's great for small, everyday jobs.

Nature Valley Sweet and Spicy Chili Granola Bars, Dark Chocolate, 6 Count (Pack of 12)
Offered by BC Groceries and more
Price: $85.50
2 used & new from $79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Super Spicey, More Cinnamony, but Good, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do like these, but there isn't much "chili" flavor. Most of the spice comes from the cinnamon. They kind of taste like a textured snickerdoodle with chocolate. There is a bit of a chili aftertaste in the back of my throat, but the cinnamon and chocolate are the dominate flavors. I would probably buy these if not for the palm oil. If you're looking for really spicy, you will probably be disappointed.

My favorite Nature Valley bar is the Chewy Protein Bars, Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate bar. Compared nutritionally, this bar has a few less calories and a lot less protein. Both are few calories and more filling than a candy bar. These still have a lot of sugar so they are good for an occasional treat, but not really that great as a meal replacement.

I wish these companies would stop using palm oil, so I could eat my snacks guilt free. The palm oil industry is destroying our rainforest and anything that lives there. Orangutans especially suffer from these practices, often getting burned or sliced. There are many alternatives. I wish brands like Nature Valley would look into them.

Belkin MIXIT 6-Inch Metallic Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c and iPod touch 5th Gen (Gold)
Price: $22.74
8 used & new from $19.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking Cable, As Expected for a Lightening Charger, June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a standard charging cable with a little pizazz. It works well for my iPad and my iPhone 6+ for charging and data synching. I actually use the 6-inch chargers at work and as a travel charger. They are perfect for a desk as you don't have to kink them up to store them, which ruins cables.

This particular cable has the braided cord, which makes it stronger. I've had problems with the Apple supplied chargers getting kinks and coming apart at the connector. The braided cords I've had in the past have never had the same issues. The braiding reinforces the connector. This should hold up longer than the Apple OEM cords.

It also looks nice. I'm not sure anyone matching cables to phones, but I did get the gold to go with my gold iPhone and the colors match and it looks nice together.

Overall, this is a nice looking cable that works as it should.

Paper Mate Mates Mechanical Pencil, 4-Pack, Marvel (1928097)
Paper Mate Mates Mechanical Pencil, 4-Pack, Marvel (1928097)
Price: $12.98
2 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pencils, but Give Black Widow Some Cred!, June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a grownup, but I love these pencils. They are ordinary mechanical pencils, but made extraordinary by the Avengers characters. I feel like a superhero using them. They will work on Scantron test and are the right size to use as a daily pencil. I have used mine for some light sketching and they work as well as any other mechanical pencil.

I would give it a five if they included Black Widow and Hawkeye, more specifically Black Widow. The Avengers merchandising has gotten a lot of flack for not including her on much. They say boys are the ones who play with action figures and boys won't buy a female figure. Even that is true, boys and girls both use pencils. You could have just easily made this a five pack (or 6 with Hawkeye). With the other Avengers, who cares if boys don't like her (which I don't think is true anyway)? I'm not particularly fond of the Hulk, but I still love the pack. The concept of boys not buying it because of one girl character is stupid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20