Profile for AmandaGal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 162

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmandaGal RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Avery Ink Jet Magnetic Business Cards, 10 Precut Cards/Sheet, 30 Cards/Pack (8374)
Price: $10.02
26 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Business Cards or Crafts, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These would make great business cards and Avery's app is great for printing cards. However, I didn't use these for business cards. I used these to make fun magnets with an animal theme to give away. They worked great for the purpose. If you have a cutting machine, like a Cricut, you can even cut fun shapes with these cards.

They worked great in my printer. I just set it for heavy cardstock.

iHealth Align - Gluco-Monitoring System BG1
iHealth Align - Gluco-Monitoring System BG1
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a Good Monitor, February 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I double checked this meter against my current Accu-Check and they were always within the acceptable 20% margin of error, though the iHealth monitor seemed to air on the high side of the margin, meaning my blood sugars were always higher with it than with my Accu-check and once the control tested a few points high.

This monitor is very portable and easy to use. You just plug it in and it's ready to go (but it does time out quickly, so I would get everything ready before you plug it in and open the app). It is also very discreet. It weighs practically nothing. The lancet is a bit rough, in my opinion. It is a much deeper slice than the other lancets I have. I would start on the lowest setting and go up.

The app logs your blood sugars for you, and notes trends. You can log in data not taken with this machine, which is nice if you have multiple monitors. You can even email or text this data to yourself or your physician.

I'm not sure I would this as my main monitor, but it makes a great compact monitor to use while traveling.

Avery Big Tab Pocket Insert able Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07712)
Avery Big Tab Pocket Insert able Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07712)
Price: $8.66
8 used & new from $3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pocketed Dividers, January 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These have a fun floral theme, but other than that they are just standard, high quality dividers with pockets. They are thicker and more durable than the paper dividers that come with binders. The fun floral theme and bright colors make them great for a school aged female or for a house organization book or recipe book.

Avery has a really nice program for printing any of their products. It makes it super easy to make nice binder labels.

Barilla Veggie Pasta, Rotini, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Barilla Veggie Pasta, Rotini, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $17.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste, but Not Much "Healthier" than Regular Pasta, January 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pasta tastes very much like any store bought pasta, and cooks about the same. It does have a faint taste of vegetables, but it's not a very strong taste (covered in sauce, you'll miss it). The real question is, is it healthier than regular pasta?

It has the same calorie count as regular Barilla rotini. It has more or less the same fiber, carb and protein count (it varies by 1 or 2 grams). The macronutrients are basically the same with this and regular pasta (so it won't be good for weight loss or dieting). The micronutrients are where the two pastas differ. The veggie pasta has added vitamin a (6% of your RDA), calcium (2% of your RDA), phosphorus (10% of your RDA), and magnesium (8% of your RDA). The regular pasta has none of those nutrients. They both have the same amount of iron. They both have similiar amounts of your needed B-complex vitamins, as follows (the values are regular pasta/veggie pasta): thiamin 35/40%, niacin 15/20%, riboflavin 15/15%, folate 30/35%.

Overall this pasta has a slightly better nutrient profile, but not much better. You're likely to get a better nutrient profile by filling your sauce with veggies, independent of the type of pasta you choose. Since it doesn't taste much different, there's nothing to lose by eating this, but don't be fooled by the box telling you how much healthier it than regular pasta. You're eating pasta. Just enjoy it!

Honestech VHStoDVD 8.0 Deluxe
Honestech VHStoDVD 8.0 Deluxe
Price: $69.99
6 used & new from $64.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Capture Video, January 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is not very intuitive, but it does work. You need (obviously) something that will play your media (ie: if you have 8mm cassettes or VHS tapes, you need either a camcorder or VCR that plays those formats). It comes with cords you'll need to hook those devices up to the converter. You probably also will want some good video editing software. This comes with some software, but it's not that great. That's the reason I give the product only two stars.

The actual video capturing of this product is great. If all you need to do is capture raw video, then this product will do the trick. If you want a DVD viewable or shareable product, that's where this device is lacking. With this and some good editing software, you could indeed preserve your old movies.

Dorman Hardware 4-9845 Peggable Wire Basket Set, 3-Pack
Dorman Hardware 4-9845 Peggable Wire Basket Set, 3-Pack
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Craft Room, January 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These work as expected. I am using them in my craft room to hold paint and glitter, but they could work equally well in a garage or pantry if you had pegboards in those areas. The large basket is large enough to hold peanut butter or cooking oil in the pantry. It's significantly sized. I am not sure what you'd use the small one for in a pantry, but it about the width of a sharpie. I use it in the craft room to store glitter glues. I added some photos so you could see the size.
Comment Comment | Permalink

IRWIN Tools 1881324 Impact Performance Series Turbomax Black and Gold Drill Bit Pro Set Case, 10-Piece
Price: $36.81
7 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Bits in Nice Case, January 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice set of bits in most popular sizes. These are heavy duty bits, much sturdier than the cheap bits you get for a few bucks at Wal-Mart. They come in a nice sturdy case too.

QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (Apple iOS and Android)
QardioArm Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (Apple iOS and Android)
Offered by Qardio
Price: $99.00
4 used & new from $77.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and Portable Way to Reliably Check Your BP, January 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have only used this device a few times so far (and I will update my review if it changes) but previously I had another iPhone enabled cuff and I hated it. It was not precise at all and the measurements would swing up and down from day to day. I sent it back. I am a pharmacist at a cardiac hospital, so I am very familiar with BP and have access to real professionals to take my blood pressure. I also know that these kinds of cuffs are, by design, not as accurate as having a trained professional do it. Even the devices you find at a Walgreens/Walmart setting are more accurate. However, generally they should be in the same range (maybe a few points difference) with each reading so they are good for daily monitoring. I don't have hypertension, but I like to keep an eye on my blood pressure, because I run and I'm a data geek.

One of the main positives is that it's wire free. It's very easy to use and easy to pack in a bag. It runs on AAA batteries and the box that holds the electronics isn't heavy at all. I love that I can take a cuff traveling with me.

However, the best thing about this device is the app. The app gives you helpful suggestions as to how to wear and position the cuff. Wearing it incorrectly will give you bad measurements. I like that it reminds you every time to position the box over the artery, and how the box should be facing. It also makes it easy for novices by labeling each measurement as green (good), yellow, orange and red (bad). That makes it easy for non-health care professionals to get a gauge. I did notice that the app guidelines for good and bad blood pressure measurements have been updated and the manual is off from the latest recommendations.

The app keeps track of your readings and you can see graphs of past readings. It's handy to show your doctor, if he has you monitoring your blood pressure. It is also handy to look back through charts like this if you have a high reading.

I did three tests where I would have a nurse take my blood pressure and then, a few hours later, take it with the Qardio. Blood pressure can vary dramatically over the course of a day, but I thought that would be the best way to test the consistency of this device. Each of the three results were only a few points different, which is to be expected, and they only varied a few points over the course of the three days. I will continue to take it every day, but so far it seems reasonably accurate and precise.

I did have some problems pairing the device at first. Right out of the box it didn't do anything. I thought I had a bad unit. The app wouldn't talk to the device, and it was just showing me the info on how to wear the cuff. I was following the quickstart guide, so I broke out the real manual. It turns out mine needed to be reset for some reason (at least, resetting fixed it). If your cuff is unresponsive, try that.

One other quirk is that the machine has to be rolled back up (like in the photo or how it came out of the box) and then unrolled before your reading. Unrolling apparently activates the bluetooth. It won't communicate with the phone unless you roll it up and unroll it. That's another thing to try if your device doesn't function and you don't get the big "START" button. Roll it up, let it sit for a minute and then unroll it.

I think it's very important to keep track of your blood pressure. It's one of the single most important indicators of heart disease. If it's monitored closely, before large rises increase, you are more likely to be able to make small changes in your lifestyle to correct it. I think this device makes monitoring it super easy, and the app makes it less likely that you will lose the data. If you aware that the devices are not necessarily as accurate as your doctor's office, then this machine will make a great tool in your health arsenal!

RedRain Women's Full Circle Roll Down Waist Dance Skirt, M, Brown
RedRain Women's Full Circle Roll Down Waist Dance Skirt, M, Brown
Offered by BX Apparel
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny skirt, but works for the purpose, January 3, 2015
First of all, the skirt is much shorter than the photo. I bought it for a running costume to wear over tights, so that's fine, but it barely covers your cheeks. Secondly, I'm a size 4 but I ordered a medium since it was going to be over tights. This skirt is tiny. It seems like a child's skirt. It fits me, but I don't think it would fit an actual size 8, like the chart says.

Mr. Coffee BVMC-SCTX95 12-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee BVMC-SCTX95 12-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker, Black
Price: $141.99
4 used & new from $120.14

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Coffee I've Brewed at Home, December 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this coffee pot. It's larger than I am used to, but it makes excellent coffee. The optimal brew helps the coffee to taste like what you would get in a really good diner. The literature says the grounds are wet before they are brewed and that helps make the coffee stronger and more flavorful. When it's just me, I usually use a press or a percolator because I think the coffee tastes better. This is the best coffee pot I've ever used and it's probably comparable.

As far as style goes, this pot fits into my modern, stainless steel kitchen. This coffee pot takes up more room than your standard Mr. Coffee. I had to rearrange my appliances to make it fit.

The carafe really does keep the coffee warm for about 3 hours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17