Profile for AmandaGal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 177

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmandaGal RSS Feed

Price: $22.38
8 used & new from $17.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, Even Fringe on Cardstock, May 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Martha Stewart craft products are always nice. This is no different. You can tell it's quality made product. It's got some heft to it, but not too much to handle. I know, who can't cut fringe by hand? This makes nearly perfect, even fringe. It's for the perfectionist in all of us. That being said, it works best on cardstock. When I used it on cheap tissue paper, it didn't work well at all. If I used more expensive tissue, it worked alright, but still not as well on cardstock.

So, I wouldn't buy this tool if you wanted to cut tissue paper only, but it works well for card stock.

Zak! Designs 3-Piece Tubby Insulated Ice Cream Container with Chilly Scoop and Water Basin, Kiwi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping homemade ice cream fresh, May 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is actually second one of these I have. I love this thing. I make homemade ice cream all the time when there are fresh berries and such in the summer, and I use the first one of these a lot. It keeps the ice cream nice and "soft" and protects it from freezer burn. The only problem I have is that it can be a bit hard to open once the seal sets, but that's probably why it keeps so fresh. You MUST be sure to clear all the ice cream away from the seal, or you're going to fight to get it open.

I honestly just dug my pink one out of the freezer (where I left it last summer) and the ice cream was still ok (not great, you really shouldn't keep homemade ice cream a whole year, but it was least edible and not frost bit).

Previous to this, I bought disposable paper pint containers. They are the perfect thing to keep your ice cream fresh. This is almost as good, though a bit clunkier because of the lit. I feel a little better about the environment when I use it. As other people mentioned, it won't store a whole recipe of ice cream in it, but if I'm making ice cream, I'm going to eat some then, right? Who makes it to store. It tastes better fresh! Generally, if I take a few servings out, the rest fits.

The scoop is just an average scoop. It's pretty heavy, so you can get the ice cream out very easily. The water dipping cup is ingenious! I don't know why I never thought of that before.

Scotts Turf Builder Zoysia Grass Seed & Mulch
Scotts Turf Builder Zoysia Grass Seed & Mulch
Price: $38.99
7 used & new from $30.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product is fairly easy to use, but only having it 30 days I can't speak to the effectiveness yet. I am using this to patch some of my zoysia lawn. Some grass is starting to sprout, but it takes a few years for zoysia to take. Hopefully it will continue to grow. Just for your information, zoysia is one of the harder grasses to grow from seed, so you're probably better off buying sod than buying too much of this. I am hoping the seed takes for the small spots.

Big Data Revolution: What farmers, doctors and insurance agents teach us about discovering big data patterns
by Rob Thomas
Price: $15.40
56 used & new from $11.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Collection of Ancedotes, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I agree with the previous reviewer who said this book is more for managers and executives than serious statisticians. I really liked this book. The case studies on using "big data' were very helpful to understand how it used and how it could be used. I really think that is what the title promises and in that aspect, it's really a very interesting read. It highlighted some uses for data aggregation I hadn't thought of before.

That being said, many here seem to be disappointed it's not a text book. I don't think it was intended to be a textbook any more than Malcolm Gladwell's books are textbooks. It's just an interesting collection of anecdotes.

BLU Studio X - US GSM - Unlocked Cell Phone (Black)
BLU Studio X - US GSM - Unlocked Cell Phone (Black)
Price: $115.86
18 used & new from $104.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Stand-In for Galaxy, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This phone is very similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5, though I think S5 is probably a bit more rugged. The build of this phone is pretty solid, but the Galaxy seems just a little bit more solid.

The phone is, so far, very responsive and the OS is snappy on the phone. I have no complaints.

The major difference most people will notice between this phone and the Galaxy S5 is the pixel density of the display. The Galaxy is Super AMOLED with 432 ppi. This phone is only LCD with 294 ppi. That being said, the display on this phone is quite good. It's actually much more than acceptable with the price difference. The camera on the Galaxy is also a little better (it's 16 MP vs 8 MP). The processor is a bit slower (1300 MHz vs 2500 MHz) and the storage size is only 8 GBs on this phone. However, overall I think it's a worth stand-in for the Galaxy, and the unlocked version is about half the price.

A really nice feature for those who travel a lot is the dual sim card slot feature. I haven't used this yet, but I have bought pre-paid sim cards when traveling overseas before. Using this feature, you can actually have two active plans at the same time (your regular sim card and a prepaid one, for example) so you don't have to swap them out.

Mr. Coffee SKX23 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee SKX23 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Price: $39.94
27 used & new from $20.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Coffee Pot, April 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just got this yesterday,so I can't speak on the longevity of the product, but it's pretty much a standard Mr. Coffee. It makes excellent coffee, keeps the coffee warm (and has a handy automatic shut off) and has a timer so your coffee can be ready when you wake up. It's pretty much the same style carafe and coffee pot Mr. Coffee has always produced, but the classic style is a classic for a reason. It's nice that they've updated the classic with the pause brewing (so you can get a cup before the whole pot brews) and the programmable timer. I tested both features and they work well so far.

If you're not looking for a fancy coffee pot, but you're looking for one with a few added bells and whistles, this pot would make an excellent choice.

Classic Accessories 55-319-010401-00 Square Smoker Cover, Black
Classic Accessories 55-319-010401-00 Square Smoker Cover, Black
Price: $21.00
3 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and Easy to Maintain, April 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm actually using this for my pizza oven, not a smoker, but it's the perfect fit. The fabric is heavy and seems durable. The fabric is that heavy duty stuff that is easy to hose off and keep clean. It has some nice features like handles and elastic at the bottom. The cover I had on previously did not have the elastic and I spent some time chasing it. Overall this is a quality product that does it what it's supposed to do (protects your outdoor cooking device).

It measures 17"l 20"w 35.5"h so judge your smoker accordingly.

McCormick Skillet Sauce Taco with Chipotle and Garlic, 8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
McCormick Skillet Sauce Taco with Chipotle and Garlic, 8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $22.54
6 used & new from $22.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Lot of Sauce and Lots of Flavor, March 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you like chipotle flavor, you'll like this. I didn't find the chipotle particularly subtle in this. I prefer a more subtle, smokey undertone. I probably won't buy this again, but I think it delivers on the package promise. If you want chipotle tacos, you'll like this a lot.

The package says this is enough for 1 lb of ground beef, but I found that the packet contained way too much sauce. I made two batches (one ground beef and one chicken) and had a bit of sauce leftover (and my meat was pretty saucy, I added some photos to prove I didn't skimp). I think it's a pretty good value.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Jarrow Formulas HC-Active Garcinia Cambogia Supplement, 90 Count
Jarrow Formulas HC-Active Garcinia Cambogia Supplement, 90 Count
Price: $19.62
16 used & new from $16.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Made me sick three times so far, March 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These make the sick to my stomach. I wouldn't review the product at all, but it was a vine product so I have to submit a review. This product is pretty safe and non-stimulating, so if it works for weight loss it would be an ok product. Studies on it are pretty limited and proponents of it, like Dr. Oz, are very unreliable.

I was going to give it a go, but I've taken it three times and each time it made me either nauseous or vomit. I guess if I keep taking them, I'll probably lose weight from dehydration but that's really not the goal. If you have a sensitive stomach, you might skip these. I'm going to give them to a friend. If she has success, I'll update the review.

10k White Gold 8mm Cushion Blue Topaz Lever Back Earrings
10k White Gold 8mm Cushion Blue Topaz Lever Back Earrings
Price: $141.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful stones, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are great, stylish earrings. The lever back is very secure and the fitting seems solid. The stones are large for earrings and they have great sparkle. They sparkle more in person than the photo conveys. White gold and blue topaz look great together. I got tons of compliments when I wore them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18