Profile for AmandaGal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmandaGal RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Belkin 6-Inch Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 5/5S/5c, iPad 4th Gen and iPad mini - Retail Packaging - Blue
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, August 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike some third party chargers, this item actually does charge the iPhone/iPad and work as a transfer cable. The 6 inch cord is quite short, but that makes it perfect for packing away for travel or in your purse. I actually prefer a shorter cord for travel. Seems well made. No complaints.

*Note: I got my cord directly from Amazon and it came in the Belkin packaging. Reading other reviews, it seems like some sellers are not getting the same cord. I always buy from Amazon or a trusted seller.

OXO Good Grips Twist & Pop Strawberry Huller
OXO Good Grips Twist & Pop Strawberry Huller
Price: $7.99
7 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars but overall it's pretty nifty. It doesn't take up much space, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works as it should. It's a unitasker for sure, but if you go through a lot of strawberries, it's worth it. It makes quick work of hulling them out once you figure out how to use it (which took me one mishandled strawberry).

I am not sure how long the metal pieces will hold up as they seem a bit thin, but overall it's pretty nifty. It doesn't take up much space, but I'm really not sure how useful it will be once strawberry season is over.

Epson WorkForce WF-7620 Wireless and WiFi Direct, All-in-One Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CC97201)
Price: $199.99
18 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multi-Purpose Printer, August 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
No problems with this printer. I own it's predecessor too and there isn't much difference in the two. I love the ability to print wide format, and the prints normally come out crisp and clear. I occasionally have to clean the print heads, but not that often. I use mine wirelessly, and it was easy to setup. It also can be use Apple's airprint without much trouble. The scanning also works well. You can scan to a card or send it to your computer. I've never had problems with the document feeder. The special paper tray is a nice added feature.

Epson DuraBrite Inks are archival quality (Wilhelm Imaging
Research says prints last up to 105 years under glass and 300 years in dark storage), but you have to use Epson archival quality papers to print on (Epson
Glossy Photo Paper, Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper, and Epson Ultra Premium Glossy Photo
Paper). This printer does not accept not Epson's highest quality ink for photos. It's clearly a multipurpose printer, but it does a great job on photographs. The DuraBrite ink is not bad at all.

This is a large piece of equipment, so be sure to view the sizing specs before you buy it.

Colgate Optic White Platinum, Whiten and Protect, 3.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Colgate Optic White Platinum, Whiten and Protect, 3.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $32.94
4 used & new from $32.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Terribly Effective, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this product as directed for 30 days and my teeth, which were not super stained already, are not even a single shade whiter. In the past I've used the whiteners with the trays, and they are much more effective. It is a nice toothpaste with an ok flavor, but does not do the job expected. It may prevent your teeth from staining further, but it does not whiten.

Just My Typo: From "Sinning with the Choir" to "the Untied States"
Just My Typo: From "Sinning with the Choir" to "the Untied States"
by D. Moir
Price: $9.11
57 used & new from $3.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Grammar Nerds, July 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you liked "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" you'll probably like this. The book gives you exactly what you expect from the cover. Some of the typos are funny and some are just poor choices of words or bad transcriptions or translations and some are clearly intentional.

The only section I didn't like was the phone autocorrect section. I get that it's in vogue now to make fun of phone autocorrect, but I really hoped this was a typesetting book. If they were going to do the autocorrect thing, they should have at least used some more original ones, especially since some of these are made up.

My other complaint is that you would have be well read to get a few of these typos. Some of them are just misworded prose or titles. If you didn't know the actual prose, you would probably be at a loss. That being said, most people who are grammar geeks will also probably be well read.

Overall, it's a fun book. It's not quite as fun as "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" but it is good for a few laughs.

Tub O Towels TW40-SS Stainless Steel Cleaning, Polishing, and Protecting Wipes (Tub of 40 Wipes)
Price: $10.78
5 used & new from $10.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked on New Kitchen Install, May 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These have worked well on my new stainless steel appliances. I am dong a kitchen remodel, and I ordered a rangehood that came in covered with tape and it was quite dusty. I had to use a product to remove the "goo" from the adhesive and the range hood looked pretty bad afterwards (lots of water marks and dull). I used these and they shined it up like new (since it was new, I guess better than new). I used them on my new range and dishwasher as well and shined them up. I had to use quite a few wipes and it does work best (as I found with my rangehood) if you wipe with the grain of the steel.

I am not sure how they compare to other products or on older items, but they are working well for me.

Kernel Season's Cheesy Seasoning Variety Pack, 2.85 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 3)
Kernel Season's Cheesy Seasoning Variety Pack, 2.85 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 3)
Offered by Little Honey Bear
Price: $15.95
3 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I could eat this all day, May 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Popcorn is a kind of healthy snack and I eat a ton of it. That "microwave" popcorn isn't that good for you. I microwave kernels myself (just put some in a glass bowl with a glass lid for 5-6 minutes or until it stops popping) and sprinkle them with this or herbs and spices. I normally don't use butter, but sometimes I use a little or spray it with cooking spray. The stuff will stick on just plain popcorn though. I find it sticks best if I sprinkle it on top and then cover the popcorn and shake.

As for Kernel Season's, I've tried every flavor I can get and these three are the best. They have sweet flavors too, but I'm not really fond of those. The best tasting one is, hands down, nacho cheese. It tastes just like you'd imagine nacho cheese popcorn tasting (I've never had packaged nacho cheese popcorn). Yes, the cheese tastes like fake, Cheetos-like cheese, but it comes from a sprinkle bottle. Surely you're not expecting more.

My second favorite is the white cheddar. If you've ever bough packaged white cheddar popcorn, it's the same flavor but I think it tastes so much better on fresh popcorn. The fresh popcorn is lighter and airy and it just can't be beat.

The Garlic Parmesan is my least favorite of the bunch, because the garlic has a bit of a bite to it, but it's still good. I actually don't buy it on its own much.

According to Fooducate, the Nacho Cheddar variety is the least healthy flavor of the entire Kernel Season's line (must be why it's so delicious). They say it has artificial colors and lots of sodium. The savory varieties featured here all suffer from too much salt. Surprisingly, the Kettle Corn variety, not featured here, is ranked best because it's lowest in salt, artificial flavors and added colors. I recommend using these in place of salt and not in addition to them. They don't really taste as salty as they say they are, but I don't think the you need the salt flavor wise.

Kernel Season's Ranch Seasoning, 2.7 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 3)
Kernel Season's Ranch Seasoning, 2.7 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 3)
Price: $11.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, May 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

My local store doesn't have this flavor, but it's delicious. If you just sample it out of the jar, it tastes like ranch dip seasoning mix.

I read somewhere to put it in sour cream and make dip, so I tried that. It turned out like ranch dip. I imagine this could be used in any recipes that call for ranch dip mix.

Is this "healthy?" Well, it has a small amount of corn syrup in it, but the real downer here is that it's pretty high in sodium. If you compare it to either packaged popcorn that's been seasoned or microwave popcorn, this comes out ahead on the health scale. I would recommend you use this instead of salting your popcorn and not in addition to salting it.

Case Logic DSM-101 Luminosity Small DSLR Messenger Bag (Black)
Case Logic DSM-101 Luminosity Small DSLR Messenger Bag (Black)
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag, but Small DSLR is Right, May 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I actually wanted this for my Olympus TG-2 and underwater case and it fits that camera just great. I have 2 DSLRs. I have a Canon 7D and a Rebel. The rebel is a bit smaller than a 7D and fits. The 7D will fit, but not comfortably. I can squeeze a DSLR and one extra lens in there (and some room for batteries). Even with the Rebel, there's not much room left for accessories after you put an extra lens in (depending on your lens, a 50mm will, of course, leave more room than a 100mm or a small zoom. I used my 100mm and my 17-55mm as test lenses). I have a Sony NEX too, and this would be a great bag for that and all the lenses and accessories.

Overall, the bag is a good quality bag. I've always been happy with Case Logic bags. The bag has double closings, with Velcro and snaps. The Velcro has a patch that can cover it completely, which is nice for quiet settings or when you don't want Velcro. I love the added rain guard.

The bag flap can fold in half and velcro to itself, which holds the bag open. I guess if you wanted to keep your bag open in the field it would be a plus. I normally don't shoot that way, but the bag has a lot of small features like this that would be useful to the right shooter. There's a handle below the flap closure, for example, that I have tried to figure a use for, but I can't figure out how it would be useful. I'm sure the right shooter would know.

As for the person who said it's not a messenger bag. The name "messenger bag" simply implies a cross body bag. This is indeed a cross body bag. You can shorten and lengthen the straps, but it is designed to be worn cross body. The work station aspect of the bag wouldn't work if you wore it as a shoulder bag.

Advanced Photoshop CC for Design Professionals Digital Classroom
Advanced Photoshop CC for Design Professionals Digital Classroom
by writer on digital design. Jennifer Smith
Price: $34.80
61 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Advanced Compared to Photoshop Digital Classroom, April 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think the "advanced" in the title refers more to the sequence in the book series than the content. This book is clearly aimed at initiated beginners (it even says so). The most basic aspects of Photoshop are not covered, but it does take the information presented in the author's beginner book and builds on it. The level of expertise required isn't very high, just a basic working knowledge of Photoshop. If you're already a design professional, much of the information presented won't be new.

That being said, the information is presented in a very efficient manner. The book has lots of graphics and step-by-step instructions. It also has a CD with most of the exercises on it. It is very easy to follow.

If you have a working knowledge of Photoshop and want to learn a few advanced techniques, I would recommend skipping the Photoshop CC Digital Classroom and get this one. I would check out the table of contents on this one to see if it covers the techniques you're interested in. The Table of Contents is quite descriptive, and what the book covers, it cover well. If you already know all the techniques mentioned, you probably need a different book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14