Profile for Patty Kaye > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 446

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patty Kaye RSS Feed (Midwest)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Darice 14-Inch by 8.5-Inch by 1.875-Inch Adjustable Organizer with 4 Removable Sections
Price: $8.53
12 used & new from $8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for organizing Rainbow Loom bands and any other small objects, February 18, 2014
I bought this organizer for my granddaughter who has started making those popular rubber band bracelets on a loom. This is a nice way to separate the colors. It would also be good for separating beads. The plastic separating panels are removable so that you can customize the box to fit your needs. My son-in-law mentioned that he has one just like it for his fishing tackle. My husband thought it would be great to have a couple of these in his workshop to separate small amounts of nuts, bolts, washers, and screws. If you were traveling for a longer period of time and wanted to take a variety of jewelry along, this would help keep everything in its place and tangle free.

Besides being versatile, it's made of heavy-duty plastic and locks securely. A good product.

Flying Fisherman Key Largo Polarized Sunglasses (Matte Black Frame, Smoke Lens)
Flying Fisherman Key Largo Polarized Sunglasses (Matte Black Frame, Smoke Lens)
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $13.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Lenses keep falling out, February 18, 2014
I bought these sunglasses for my 13-year-old grandson. He liked the style, and the fit is okay. The quality of the plastic is about the same as a pair of little children's sunglasses. My biggest complaint, however, is that the lenses keep falling out. They fell out just taking them out of the plastic wrapper. I put them back in and then tried to wipe them clean. Out they popped again. If I had bought them for myself I would have sent them back already. I'm still deciding whether or not to ask my grandson for them back so I can return them. I'm sure they'll be a real hassle to wear with one lens or the other always popping out. I can't recommend them.

Puracy All Natural Liquid Hand Soap, Lavender and Vanilla, 12 Ounce
Puracy All Natural Liquid Hand Soap, Lavender and Vanilla, 12 Ounce
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans effectively yet safely, February 7, 2014
I'll begin by saying that this hand soap has the genuine fragrance of lavender. A couple of years ago I went to a lavender festival out west and purchased products that were made right there on the lavender farms. This soap smells exactly like them. Such a soft and calming fragrance.

I love the fact that it's made with all natural ingredients that are specifically chosen for their earth-friendly qualities. We bring so many toxic chemicals into our homes disguised as cleaning products, and then we pump them out into our ground water or off to our water treatment plants. These chemicals never really go away. They just end up back in our lives in some other form.

I've been reading a lot about our overuse of antibacterial agents in our soaps and the effect they are having on antibiotic-resistant bacteria. This is simply soap. It cleans effectively and thoroughly and leaves my hands feeling clean yet soft. That's all I need or want in my hand soap.

Puracy Natural Dish Soap, Green Tea and Lime, 16 Ounce
Puracy Natural Dish Soap, Green Tea and Lime, 16 Ounce
Offered by Puracy All Natural Home Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans effectively, safe for the environment, and smells great, February 7, 2014
I first learned of these products from a neighbor. They had several of the Puracy products, and I absolutely loved the fragrances. I just used this dish soap on my own dishes for the first time today, and I can say that it works just as well as the Dawn products I usually use. So why would I buy this instead?

1. First and foremost is the fact that it is made with natural ingredients and doesn't contain phosphates that are known to pollute groundwater and water that ends up in your water treatment facilities. This alone would be reason enough to switch.

2. I use dish soap mixed with water to make my own hand soap in foaming pump dispensers for the kitchen and bathroom sinks.
This soap will no doubt be so much gentler on our hands. This would even be gentle enough to use when bathing my little dog.

3. I love the fragrances of their products...Green Tea & Lime and Lavender & Vanilla.

There's plenty of foaming and cleaning power. I put some on my sponge and cleaned half a sink of dishes before needing another squirt. Unlike Dawn that cleans well but takes bucket loads of water to rinse off, this dish soap rinses off quickly and thoroughly. I've tried a couple of other "earth-friendly" dish soaps that were poor performers. This one is a winner.

Jumbl JUMMINILED Super Bright Mini Gooseneck Multi-Task Desk Lamp
Jumbl JUMMINILED Super Bright Mini Gooseneck Multi-Task Desk Lamp
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy little light, January 24, 2014
This little lamp comes in such a small flat box that you wouldn't even guess there was a lamp inside. That's because the lamp light piece stores flat in the base, and the wire cable is so flexible that it will lay flat. Pop it all open and you have yourself a nice little lamp that has so many uses. To name a few:

- Reading in bed without keeping your spouse awake
- Reading in the car at night without blinding the driver
- A light to carry with you when getting up and moving about in a darkened room
- Checking on your sleeping baby/kids without waking them up
- Taking it to the movie theater in case you drop something on the floor and need to find it without disturbing others
- Emergency light for when the power goes off

The lamp is powered by a rechargeable battery. The attached USB cable plugs into your computer for charging and then wraps and stores neatly around the lamp base. I like the fact that there are no parts to lose. The on/off button is on the bottom of the lamp base. You hold the button down to turn it on and off, and you give it a short push to adjust the light level. The six LED bulbs provide enough light for reading, but it isn't so bright that it would disturb anyone sleeping in the same room. You could slide the base into a book for reading, or you can sit it on a table like any larger reading lamp. It's surprisingly stable and doesn't tip over, probably because it is so lightweight and not at all top heavy. It's such a small, portable light that you can easily carry it in your purse or briefcase. Overall just a handy and useful little device.

TaoTronics® Universal Windshield & Dashboard Car Mount Cradle Holder for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S 4 3GS, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note 2 S4 S3 Mega, Nokia Lumia 1020 925 928 920, HTC Desire 500 DROID DNA One 8X 8S, Google Nexus 4, BlackBerry Q10 Q5 Z30 Z10, LG Optimus G, Motorola Moto X DROID MAXX DROID ULTRA, Sony Xperia Z1, Compact Size GPS - 1.97"-3.94" Extendable - TT-SH02 - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds my phone securely in place, January 23, 2014
This phone holder is a wonderful solution to the question of where to keep your phone while you're driving. I always find myself digging in my purse or pocket and often dropping it on the floor where it can't be reached at all. Even though this holder has a large suction base that can be attached to the windshield, the best location for my phone in my minivan is on the dash to the right of my steering wheel. The holder comes with a disk the size of the suction cup and has a strong adhesive side that attaches to the vinyl dash. The suction cup then adheres to that disk. If you happen to have a smooth dashboard, you might not even need the disk.

The swivel head is adjustable and locks into place once you find that perfect angle...vertical or horizontal. I have an iPhone 4s, but this holder has side grips that open up to about 4 1/2 inches wide to accommodate wider phones. Actually, it also closes to hold much smaller phones, so you could use this as a holder for a regular flip-type phone as well. The bottom of the phone sits on a fold-out base. With a simple push of a button, the sides release the phone.

I would definitely recommend this product.

Mehr Saffron, Premium All Red Saffron / 1/2 Oz (14 Gram)
Mehr Saffron, Premium All Red Saffron / 1/2 Oz (14 Gram)
Price: $79.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, January 14, 2014
I absolutely love making a variety of rice dishes using this Persian saffron. Just a very small amount steeped in hot water creates a deep yellow/orange liquid. You add a small amount of rice (I prefer Basmati) to that and then incorporate it into a larger amount of the rice. You end up with a beautiful bright yellow dish that not only looks good but has a wonderful aroma and flavor. I make several good chicken dishes and an especially good seafood pilaf.

Every single strand of this Mehr saffron is of high quality. Deep, dark in color and long in length. I can't say that about the saffron I've been getting recently at a Middle Eastern grocery store (short, broken, and mixed with discolored brown pieces). When you pay a premium price for Persian saffron, every bit of it should be excellent in quality. I was thrilled to receive a sample of this saffron to review, and I won't be buying it at the market anymore. This saffron is so much better. You can see and smell the difference.

The glass jars are a really nice touch, and I imagine that glass as opposed to plastic is a better way to store and keep the saffron fresh. You won't be disappointed in this product.

Mehr Saffron, Premium All Red Saffron / 1/9 Oz (3 Gram)
Mehr Saffron, Premium All Red Saffron / 1/9 Oz (3 Gram)
Price: $24.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, January 14, 2014

Mehr Saffron, Premium All Red Spanish Saffron / 1-gram Corked Jar (Pack of 2)
Mehr Saffron, Premium All Red Spanish Saffron / 1-gram Corked Jar (Pack of 2)
Price: $17.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better quality than what I've been finding at the Middle Eastern market, January 14, 2014

Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Naturals Popcorn, Garlic Butter and Sea Salt, 76.3 Grams, 3 Count
Price: $2.18
8 used & new from $2.18

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm a garlic lover...but did not love this, January 9, 2014
I'm a popcorn lover and garlic lover, so I assumed when I saw this in the grocery store that I would love it and bought two boxes. Boy was I wrong. I can't quite describe what the problem is, but I just have to say that the flavor is bad. My husband told me he didn't like it before I had a chance to ask him. I'm giving it two stars instead of one because the texture and quality of the popcorn is still good, just like Redenbacher's other popcorns. It's the flavor that is simply "off." The popcorn was not expired. I threw away the rest I had bought. Enough said.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20