Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for DAMIEN > Reviews

Browse

DAMIEN's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DAMIEN "XXVI" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DC Universe Online - Playstation 3
DC Universe Online - Playstation 3
Offered by Games For Less Online
Price: $11.49
64 used & new from $10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST MMORPG GAME FOR THE PS3, September 5, 2012
I would like to say that I put in over 100 hundred hours of gameplay.

I downloaded this game for FREE! via playstation network. After a few hours of playing I realized I was going to lose sleep because the game is that fun.

Here's breakdown:

The game is free to download but you are limited of how many characters you can create (2 characters only) and limit of $1,500 in-game currency. If you decide to pay a subscription (which I did) you can create 16 characters, unlimited amount of cash, 150 replay badges, access to all the DLC (downloadable content), and trade items/cash with friends.

Let me explain why I chose to pay for the subscription (legendary staus):

You can play the entire game with two characters (I would recommend a Hero and villian) and still experience a great game.

The reason I decided to pay the subscription is a.) I'm not planning to get any games anytime soon b.) I want to get the full experience what the game can offer c.) I would like to play multiple characters with different weapons and powers and d.) unlimited cash and 150 replay badges

My review

First, I would like to say I am a huge DC fan, working together with your favorite DC character is very rewarding.

The game has a lot to offer when you create your character you enter to an open world of Ai villians and heroes and other people like yourself trying complete a tons of side missions which you can pair up and complete it together.

Note: when you create a character you have the option to choose PVE or PVP. PVE means player versus environment which I recommend because high level players will attack as soon as they see you if you're in PVP. By the way, Phase shifter allows you to migrate from from the PvE to the PvP, and vice versa. The phase shifter is located in the Watch Tower for heroes and Hall of Doom for villians.

You start as level 1 and grind through the game until you hit level 30. My first playthrough was great because my friends and I helped eachother out to complete a lot of side missions and take down several bosses. As you progress through the story you'll be receiving a lot of loot which contains of better weapons, armor or items.

Levels between 1-30 is basically a tutorial. Reaching to level 30 gets even better, the game offers different/bigger missions, game modes, etc. The other game modes are Raids and Tier, you can party up with 8 other players complete more challenging missions or you can pair up with 2-4 players for missions as well. The incentive for playing in the higher end missions are the loot and buy the Iconic battle suits.

For those who want to compete with other players there is a game mode for that: PVP arenas and PVP legends.

PVP arenas consists of different maps and game modes such as, captue the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, etc.

Fyi, when you decide to play PVP arenas make sure you get some armor for that game type. Let me explain, for PVP you need to find armor that has a high amount of 'toughness'. If you used the armor (armor that has a high amount of 'defense' stats) you get from your 1st playthrough you will be taken out fast by PVP players. You can find PVP armor at certain vendors throughout the game.

PVP legends is very different, you can play as your favorite DC character against other players. You can play as the Joker, Batman, Bane, Power girl, Robin, Superman and many more. As for me, I chose Bizarro, its nothing better than playing as a dumb Superman LOL! However, it will take some work to play your favorite characters, you will need to earn Mark of Legends (another form of many in-game currency), and if you have Light dlc you will have more access to characters. This is one of my favorite game modes from the game.

Having said that, the game does suffer technical issues, if you turn on your mic/headset in the game 50% of the time the other players can't hear you; so what you need to do is exit out the game completely turn on your mic/headset first and restart the game.

If you are gong for platinum I would not recommend it because you will need to go through six playthroughs and 90% of the missions are the same. It doesn't make sense why would the developers decided to make a player to complete six playthroughs if He/She wants to get platinum. I won't be doing that again for any game.

Needless to say, I would recommend this game to anyone who wants to experience an mmorpg (massive multiplayer online role playing game) that has tons of replayability.

Dark Souls: The Official Guide
Dark Souls: The Official Guide
by Future Press
29 used & new from $94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THE HOLY GRAIL OF GUIDES, October 19, 2011
First thing I would like to say, if it wasn't for this guide I would have had to return the game.

This guide provides plethora of information. The guide provides an intense of information of how to upgrade your weapons and acquire all rare weapons, rings, items, etc.

The guide provides a comprehensive character customization guide: vitality, attunement, endurance, strength, dexterity, resistance, intelligence, inventory, and equipment

The walkthrough is very helpful, however the map layout wasn't that good. Anyways, it provides tips on how to defeat all the enemies in the game and acquire certain items from them.

With that said, what I just mentioned is only a fraction of what this guide provides. This guide gave me a better understanding how to prepare and play the game. I would recommend this Guide to anyone who wants the full experience of Dark Souls.

Note: I hope other game guide publishers can learn from Future press.

Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3
Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by GAME & ELECTRONICS ON LINE
Price: $11.48
279 used & new from $0.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I PUT IN OVER 80 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY, August 26, 2011
This game has one of the best storytelling of any video game.

At first I didn't know what to expect but once I started playing the game I knew this will be in my top 5 games of all time. The game has a solid story, Bioware (game developer) put a lot of thought in each character...basically there's a mini wikipedia feature in the game. As for the gameplay, you can pick 1 of the 4 character classes in the game; so there's a lot of replay value if you decide to experience the whole Mass effect. The rpg elements are there but it mostly an action game which I was pleased because I didn't feel the game was slow at all.

With that said, I put in over 80 hours of gameplay so I can get all of the trophies. I can honestly say this game is my #1 pick...and I thought the first Bioshock was my favorite until I played ME2.

I can't wait for Mass Effect 3!

Little Big Planet 2
Little Big Planet 2
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $22.48
103 used & new from $3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars LITTLE BIG PLANET DLC CAN BE CARRED OVER INTO LITTLE BIG PLANET 2, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Little Big Planet 2 (Video Game)
Little Big Planet 2 is a great game. It has all the elements from the first Little Big Planet and more. Now the game comes with mini-games and reward pins you can get in multiplayer. All of the user created levels that were created in the first game can be played in the LittleBigPlanet 2 multiplayer.

In addition too, if you bought any of the DLC in the first game you can import your profile into the LBP2. This was the main reason why I bought this game. For example, I had bought the Pirates of the Caribbean, History pack, & Metal Gear Solid levels, and now can play the dlc levels in LBP2.

Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset
2 used & new from $69.98

2.0 out of 5 stars No volume chat control for the PS3, January 6, 2011
I would like to say, it's a disappointing why didn't they include volume chat control for the PS3? When I first got the headsets I was very happy with them when I was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. However, once I started playing with friends I couldn't hear them because the game's sound was much louder than my friends. I tried to adjust volume but no luck. I paid alot of money for the headsets but finding out these aren't good for PS3 gamers.

I'll be keeping my eye out for a new pair headsets by Turtle Beach: Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Headsets with bluetooth chat compability.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2012 2:10 AM PST

Red Dead Redemption - Playstation 3
Red Dead Redemption - Playstation 3
Price: $13.03
344 used & new from $2.61

5.0 out of 5 stars RDR RECEIVED GAME OF THE YEAR AWARD OF 2010, December 23, 2010
First, I would like to say this game did win the Game of the year award of 2010. It was up against great games in 2010: God of War 3, Mass Effect 2, COD: Black Ops and Halo Reach. All those game did get great score ratings but RDR (Red Dead Redemption) is by far have a better story, gameplay and replayability (multiplayer).

Once I inserted the disk into the PS3 I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away how good this game is: the side missions were fun-- not repetitive; the story is bad ass because it reminds an old movie from the 90's Tombstone. Furthermore, the multiplayer is awsome, if you want to be a cowboy, you can ride horses in a free roam world, use turn of the century guns, and if you get the dlc (downloadable content) you can play poker/liars dice, fight zombies, and much more.

Having said that, this is a real man's game, it's not for kids which I'm glad Rockstar (game developer) didn't scaled down anything to make this a teen rating. I would recommend this game for its originality, great gameplay, cool cut-scenes, great story and a decent multiplayer mode.

Medal of Honor - Playstation 3
Medal of Honor - Playstation 3
Offered by Mat-Su Media
Price: $33.96
206 used & new from $0.50

1.0 out of 5 stars THE GAME IS SHAMEFUL AND PATHETIC!, October 13, 2010
Medal of Honor is another generic shooter. The campaign is short (4-6 hours long). As for the multiplayer, there only 4 modes and 8 maps which today's standards other first-person shooter games will have aleast 6-8 modes and 10-12 maps at launched.

Sadly, I really wanted this game to be a COD killer but the limits of what the game offers to the casual/hardcore gamer is not worth $60.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2010 7:36 PM PDT

God of War III - Playstation 3
God of War III - Playstation 3
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $15.54
357 used & new from $2.18

5.0 out of 5 stars God of War III is the God particle for video games, September 19, 2010
This game is almost perfected. The gameplay is excellent, the graphics is outstanding and if you have been playing God of War 1 & 2, the story will blow your mind. The only thing I was disappointed it was a bit too short. Besides that, all I have to say, "GET IT NOW! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!"

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Playstation 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Playstation 3
Offered by J&S GAMES
Price: $11.99
182 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Company 2 = WOW!!!!!, September 19, 2010
I'm a huge first-person shooter fan. I've been playing all types of shooters, such as, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 1&2, and Borderlands. If you want to try out a great shooter I would recommend Bad Company 2.

Mag Online Only - Playstation 3
Mag Online Only - Playstation 3
Offered by Rocky Hills
Price: $5.90
120 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars GET BAD COMPANY 2 INSTEAD..., September 17, 2010
I'm a huge first-person shooter fan. I've been playing all types of shooters, such as, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Modern Warfare 2, Bioshock 1&2, Borderlands, and Bad Company 2. The reason I didn't pick up MAG on release date is because I heard alot of bad press about it, so I waited when the price was just right.

As for the game, the game was not good whatsoever, I felt the controls were too tight, the graphics were terrible (Resistance 2 has better graphics), every gun felt the same, and why did Zipper (game developer) included friendly fire. My first hour of gameplay I died 5x by teammates (i was killed on purpose). Furthermore, you have to pick one faction in the game (sver, raven or valor). However, if you want to play with multiple factions at one time you'll need to pay 99 cents a month (outrageous). I felt this game is an embarrassment in the first-person-shooter genre and Sony's library of video games.

Having said that, if you want to try out a great shooter I would recommend Bad Company 2. The controls are perfect, weapons are great, the designs of the maps are incredible, and there are many vehicles you can choose from. I had my reservations about BC2, but once I started to experience the overall quality of the game I couldn't stop playing. What I like about Bad Company 2, it sets apart from the other shooter games I experienced, such as the destructive environments and the vehicle usage. The destructive environments is a nice touch, because when you want to shoot a member from the opposing team and he's hiding behind a tree, house or a brick wall you can throw a grenade, rocket launcher, or any other explosive to expose him to your teammates or take him out yourself. As for the vehicles, there are 15 different types of vehicles in total to choose from and it feels great when you can hop into one and drive it around. For example, you can drive a M3A3 Bradley tank or fly AN-64 Apache helicopter to take out the opposing team members. Therefore, I would recommend to pick BC2 over MAG.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2010 8:18 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3