Profile for B. Hall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Hall RSS Feed (Lakeland, FL USA)

Lowepro Adventura 120 Camera Case(Black)
Lowepro Adventura 120 Camera Case(Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
24 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for the Sony NEX-6, May 25, 2013
This bag is large enough to be useful, but small enough to be portable. I was able to store my Sony NEX-6 with a large attachment lens (SEL1018 with hood), and still have room for a few UV filters and the stock 18-55 lens. It's a tight fit, but it works. Don't buy this if you're planning on bringing 2 large lenses. The 18-55 was small enough to fit, but only barely. Quality is good, and it works well for my needs.

Sony SEL1018 10-18mm Wide-Angle Zoom Lens
Sony SEL1018 10-18mm Wide-Angle Zoom Lens
Price: $848.00
17 used & new from $680.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent for a stock lens, May 25, 2013
I've seen plenty of people complain about this lens, and about how it isn't as good as some pricier alternatives. And they may be right, but it certainly does a decent enough job to make it worth the money. It's variable length, wide-angled, and works with the stabilization software on the camera, and takes a sufficiently sharp photograph without excessive chromatic aberration or warping. To my mind, that's the best you can expect from any lens. Is it 100% pixel perfect? No, but it's close enough that you won't notice, and the price is reasonable. I'm happy with it, and have started using it regularly without that nagging feeling that I should invest in an alternative.

Black Ops Seasoning - 2 Bottles
Black Ops Seasoning - 2 Bottles

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing on everything!, April 23, 2013
I'm not the type of person to leave rave reviews for just anything (least of all a seasoning - who would have thought?), but I can't stop preaching to anyone who will listen how awesome Black Ops is. It's got a perfect balance of flavor and spiciness, without either becoming overbearing to the dish. I've tried it on nearly every meat/fish/poultry I could purchase (and thanks to winning a $100 gift certificate to my local meat market, that was a broad variety), and they were all spectacular with Black Ops. I even tried it on a salad once, just to be funny (I'm only mildly embarrassed by that last one).

So if you're pondering something new to taste, give this a try. It might just find a place in your heart! ...and then it will make your heart delicious, and your friends and family will cannibalize you for just a bit of that sweet, sweet taste. So use with caution.

Stanley FG250K 1/2-Inch Grommet Kit - Tools & 12 Grommets
Stanley FG250K 1/2-Inch Grommet Kit - Tools & 12 Grommets

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but pricey, February 17, 2013
These grommets certainly do their job, but I'm not sure they're worth the $70,000 pricetag. I bought 2, just to be safe, and have a twinge of buyers remorse since I never even opened the second. I'd be willing to sell it, second-hand for $50k, if anyone is interested.

Farscape: Ship of Ghosts
Farscape: Ship of Ghosts
by David Bischoff
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
46 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor excuse for Farscape literature, January 21, 2002
I've bought and read both House of Cards (EXCELLENT) and Dark Side of the Sun (poor), but I must say this one truly takes the cake. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. It goes from wildly inaccurate characters (Rygel saying "Oh Dear" and "Fiddlestickoids"?!?) to the bizarre end of a medieval fantasy run amok. At one point, Aeryn and D'Argo ride a mechanical Dragon piloted by some sort of ghost! That's right, a robo-dragon in the middle of the uncharted territories. That's when I put the book down for good.
If you're looking for a good adaptation to text from the screen, I highly recommend House of Cards. If you're somehow able to look past the obvious mistakes, assumptions and flat out idiocy presented here, you may get a kick out of it, but I sure didn't.

Ocean's Eleven
Ocean's Eleven
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $6.99
126 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, and truly addictive, January 21, 2002
This review is from: Ocean's Eleven (Audio CD)
After reading some of the prior reviews, I felt the need to comment on this CD. I'll admit that when I first listened to it, I was a bit disturbed by the dialogue over the music. Like so many others have written, if I wanted to hear the movie, I'd purchase it.
But after listening to it a few times, this CD simply wouldn't be the same without it! I can't stop listening to this great music, and the dialogue really grows on you. It's really something original, and I applaud Warner Bros. for having the style to populate the CD with something that really fits with the attitude of the movie at the expense of the few closed minded people who can't get over this relatively small hurdle.
If you can be open minded, and remember that this soundtrack is supposed to be as lighthearted and classy fun as the movie, this will be one you won't regret buying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 10:12 PM PDT

Alas, Babylon
Alas, Babylon
by Pat Frank
Edition: Turtleback
3 used & new from $32.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Story of what could happen...., July 21, 1999
This review is from: Alas, Babylon (Turtleback)
I hear mixed reviews of this book, but I must say that it has always been a favorite of mine. This book glimpses into a world that has taken a path we may not want to travel, and shows us what may lie ahead. One of the characteristics that I enjoyed the most was the lack of information. Other stories will tell you what is transpiring play by play, but "Alas Babylon" brings it to you as any common man or woman would get it: No superior information or unraveling plot lines. Merely the unanswered questions, and doubt that exists from not knowing what has happened, currently happening, or going to happen.