Profile for Erin E. Farber > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erin E. Farber "samsmomiam" RSS Feed (Iowa)

Super Baby Food
Super Baby Food
by Ruth Yaron
476 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with this book..., July 31, 2005
This review is from: Super Baby Food (Paperback)
I bought this book hoping it would give me some insight on how to make my own baby food. I am a beginner, and thought this book was for beginners.

I was very disappointed in it. It gives a lot of information that conflicted with other nutritional info. given to me by my doctor. It is filled with little hints and ideas that are common sense (unload the top rack of the dishwasher first so that wet dishes don't drip onto the bottom rack???). By the time I read through all the useless "hints" and got to the real info I was frustrated to find that the recipies are not easy to follow. Many of them have strange ingredients in them that I would have a hard time finding in my grocery store.

Overall, this book was a waste of money. I purchased "Mommy Made and Daddy Too" by Martha Kimmel and learned 10X more that I did from this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2010 5:44 AM PST

Pampers Cruisers, Size 3, 148-Count
Pampers Cruisers, Size 3, 148-Count

5.0 out of 5 stars For just the right fit!, July 31, 2005
These diapers are great. No problems with messy leaks or bulkiness. They really hug the body and adjust to fit. Cute designs are an added bonus.

KidCo Baby Steps Food Mill, with Carrying Case , 1 food mill
KidCo Baby Steps Food Mill, with Carrying Case , 1 food mill

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend., July 31, 2005
This food mill is very easy to use and clean.

I have found that a food processor works better for making food in bulk, but this does the job for small meals and dining out.

Great value!

Mommy Made and Daddy Too! (Revised): Home Cooking for a Healthy Baby & Toddler
Mommy Made and Daddy Too! (Revised): Home Cooking for a Healthy Baby & Toddler
by Martha Kimmel
Price: $13.30
161 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 10X better than Super Baby Food., July 31, 2005
I bought this book after reading Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron.

Super Baby Food is filled with a lot of useless information and was not easy to read or follow.

This book is filled with USEFUL information that made making my own baby food fun and easy.

I highly recommend it to those of you out there who are just getting started and don't have time to read through a lot of nonsense about emptying the dishwasher, etc.

This book gets right to the point and is organized in a way that I can come back to it and find exactly what I need to know. Recipies range from first foods to great toddler meals and snacks, so I know I will get my money's worth.

Four thumbs up (Sam likes it too).

Dr. Brown's 4 oz Natural Flow Baby Bottle, 3 Pack
Dr. Brown's 4 oz Natural Flow Baby Bottle, 3 Pack
Offered by Etailz
Price: $20.57
8 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for switching from breast to bottle!, March 4, 2005
My son took immediately to these bottles, and has had no problems with fussiness or excessive spit-up. After he eats, he lets out a big burb, and that is the end of it. He seems very happy, which makes me very happy.

We tried the Platex Vent Air and found the nipples to be too rigid. He just couldn't get a good the milk to come out of them. Now we only use the Doctor Brown bottles.

I don't think they are any harder to clean than other bottles. I just pop them into the dishwasher.

My only complaint is that you can't shake them up. We are going to switch to formula soon, and you can't shake these to mix the powdered formula. You either have to stir it, or use a shaker before pouring the formula into the bottle.