Profile for J. Weber > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2048

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Weber RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dirt Devil PD20100 2-in-1 Versa Steam Mop
Dirt Devil PD20100 2-in-1 Versa Steam Mop
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The main reason I chose this item was to clean tile and laminate floor surfaces. It does an OK job. Yes, you do have to sweep or swiffer the surface first to pick up dust, dirt, hair etc. This item is a steam cleaner ( like a damp mop) it does not vacuum debri up. So overall it works OK. It is much smaller and lightweight that I thought it would be. It does seem a bit flimsy, on the other hand it's light enough to move around easily and I don't feel like it will fall apart or break. There was a little dirt that came up after sweeping, so in that regard it's fine, but it wasn't like "wow! this really picked up alot more dirt!!" So despite picking up a little more dirt, it wasn't enough to justify the time in going over my floor twice ( swiffer once, steam second).

I liked the triangle shape of the head for getting into corners, but it's disappointing that there is only a central point for the steam outlet. I think it would have worked better to have had 3 exit points for the steam, 1 in each corner. I had to steam clean a section then go over it again to pick up water for the corners. I like that the cloths can be easily removed and laundered but wish they were thicker and you got more of them - I didn't like the idea of picking up some dirt from one room then smearing it all over the floor on the next room! The detachable steam clean was fairly effective on faucets but it's not easier than simply using a magic eraser or regular sponge with hot water... . Not sure how long it will last but I presume from the lower price point a couple of years. For a product I received for honest evaluation it's OK. I have no experience with any other steam cleaners but would not recommend this one. Did it work? yes. However I didn't feel it helped me clean more efficiently pr effectively. I should say I have a 'swiffer' that is from Eurpose and uses washable, thick microfiber pads and when I make a pad damp I have the same effectiveness cleaning wise as this steam cleaner. Steam is supposed to be a sanitizer so this item may sanitize more. Although the product does work, I would not recommend this as you end up doing the floor twice and we all have better things to do!

The Running Boy
The Running Boy
Price: $3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Run straight for this one, October 14, 2014
This review is from: The Running Boy (Kindle Edition)
I liked the story. It was high excitement and I felt for the little boy. Some quirky characters. A good captivating read.

Quoth the Raven (The Gregor Demarkian Holiday Mysteries Book 4)
Quoth the Raven (The Gregor Demarkian Holiday Mysteries Book 4)
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The raven ain't the only one sayin "never more", October 14, 2014
Could not get into this story at all, too little of a story going on for too long.

Mega Bloks First Builders 123 Learning Train
Mega Bloks First Builders 123 Learning Train
Price: $19.96
16 used & new from $13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars colorful, fun toy for kids, October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
bright and colorful, very attractive to toddler. Pieces are large and non breakable plastic. I had trouble getting a few stickers to adhere properly so just left them off.

The Murder of Harriet Krohn
The Murder of Harriet Krohn
by Karin Fossum
Price: $15.18

1.0 out of 5 stars read if you enjoy whiny characters, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although the writing is excellent and I was drawn into the story from the opening letter Charlo Torp writes his daughter, I lost interest after the murder of elderly Harriet Krohn. Charlo is a compulsive gambler, whose habit has gotten him in trouble with loan sharks whom he owes a substantial amount of money. Hence, Charlo concocts a plan to steal silver, jewelery, etc from an elderly woman. Suprised when she fights back he beats her to death using his old revolver. Charlo completely justifies this in his increasingly whiny, unrepentant, "I'm a victim" internal dialogue. After paying off his gambling debt Charlo makes the grand gesture of purchasing a horse for his daughter in hopes of reestablishing a relationship with her. I grew so tired of Charlo's whining victim consciousness I skimmed the remainder of the story. This is a bleak story. I wanted to try a 'scandanivian noir' book and based on this story won't seek out another. It's not interesting to me. I agree with another reviewer who wrote that there are most likely more "Charlo's" out there than we imagine, which is an equally depressing thought as this story is.

Lay's Air Pops, Original, 3 oz (Pack of 10)
Lay's Air Pops, Original, 3 oz (Pack of 10)
Price: $30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars strange aftertaste, October 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The chips do have a satisfying crunch. I thought they were moderately salty. I felt they had a strange, greasy aftertaste which I didn't like at all. I could only eat a couple. My husband felt differently, he thought they were "OK" and ate the rest of the bag ( hence 2 stars not 1) but said I never had to buy them. It's up to you, as always with food choices and taste. I don't recommend running right out and getting some. I recommend a pass.

Black and Decker TO3210SSD Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
Black and Decker TO3210SSD Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
Offered by DropAir
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful appliance, nice looking, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The countertop oven is convenient and very easy to use. Other reviewers have covered the looks thoroughly so I'll go right to toasting and baking.
Depending on the size of the bread - it will toast 4-6 slices. I used the crumb tray so the first time the toast was toasted only on one side. The second time, I flipped it about halfway through and both sides were toasted...I still like a regular toaster better. Where this shines for me is baking for 2. My findings are consistent with other reviewers in that the cooking time is not less than normal. The cook time remained the same. A quiche at 375 came out perfect as did chicken breasts. Also great for roasting vegetables for 2. I know the oven heated up to correct temp because I had my oven thermometer in it to check, also the food cooked in the alloted time. I didn't think the outside got that hot. Yes, the top heats up and I couldn't put my hand on it but I could on the sides. I didn't feel any pronounced heat radiating up to the bottom of the cabinets. Warm? Yes - hot? - no. The oven cooled down quickly, within 5-7 minutes. I didn't feel it radiated much heat from the front either, as compared to heating up our full size oven. I like it alot for cooking heating up food for 2 people. I didn't like it for toast.

DII Kitchen Millennium Non Adhesive, Smooth Top, Cut to Fit and Washable Shelf or Refrigerator Liner Rolls-12-Inch by 10-Feet, Black, Set of 2
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect if you like clean but don't like to clean!, September 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like using these fridge ( or shelf) liners! It's viscose polyester, to me it feels like a thick paper towel. I received black - black background with white dots on one side, white background with thin lined black grid on the other. Easy to cut and will be alot easier to pull out and put in the laundry than taking out every shelf in the fridge and washing and drying it! A job which I do not like to do, even though I like a clean looking fridge!
Since I was doing laundry I tossed a few squares in - washed fine. No shrinkage, wrinkling, puckering or anything. I just left it on top of the washer and it dried in a few hours. I received 2 rolls each roll 12" x 10 ft. One roll was enough to line all the shelves in our 28 cubic ft fridge and the 2 vegetable bins. So for an average fridge, one roll should be sufficient and you have an whole other roll to use for your regular shelving! I don't know how long this fabric will last but I"m sure it will be years - and it's well worth the cost. By the time this wears out I'll probably want another color anyway!

Healthy Joe Chia Seed, 1 Pound
Healthy Joe Chia Seed, 1 Pound
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars ch-ch-ch-chia!, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tiny little seeds which you can add to almost anything! I use them in smoothies, salad dressings, hot cereals, yogurt etc. I have tossed them into baked goods. Personally I don't think they have a 'flavor' but it's an wasy way to get more Omega 3 and fiber in your diet - 2 things typically lacking in the American diet. My husband agrees about the flavor aspect but doesn't like how the tiny seeds can become stuck in your teeth ( and they do). What I also like and find very helpful is that they really fill me up - this must be the fiber aspect. If I have a few tablespoons in my yogurt at lunch I don't get the 3 o'clock snack urge. This brand seeds are from Mexico, not sure if they are organic ( not labeled as such) but I also read that the organic designation for chia seeds is quite recent as the seeds grow wild. I've also used Natures Intent chia seeds which are labeled organic and will likely continue to do so only because of cost. I got 2 lbs at Costco for $14 compared to $10 per pound for these. Give them a try whereever you buy

Louise Loves Art
Louise Loves Art
by Kelly Light
Price: $12.03
61 used & new from $9.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Your imagination on the outside, September 13, 2014
This review is from: Louise Loves Art (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A quickly read story about Louise, her passion for drawing ( art) and her little brother also named Art. Simple but profound explaination of 'art' which is "your imagination on the outside". I had not heard that before and thought it was a wonderful explaination for children - or anyone for that matter. The book is simple - the limited storyline is about Louise drawing and hanging her pictures in the gallery, which is the hallway. The fridge is reserved for her best work, which her little brother Art cuts into a chain of paper people. At first Louise is upset, Art is sad, then Louise tells Art she loves his work and hangs it on the fridge. Also in the story is a cat who has wonderful cat poses for Louise to draw. A light fun story for young children, would make a great stepping stone to then have your child let their imagination out and draw.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20