Profile for J. Weber > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 430

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Weber RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gaiam Sol Sure-Grip Yoga Mat, Cranberry, 4mm
Gaiam Sol Sure-Grip Yoga Mat, Cranberry, 4mm
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $46.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Well cusioned mat, May 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoy using this mat. I'm using it over a tile floor and it provides enough cushioning and the grips work very well in keeping the mat in place. There was an odor when I first received it, but it went away after I aired it out for a few days. It's becomming my favorite mat for hatha yoga.

Duo-Lock Reversible Felt and Rubber Non-Slip Rug Pad, Size: 8' x 11' Rug Pad
Duo-Lock Reversible Felt and Rubber Non-Slip Rug Pad, Size: 8' x 11' Rug Pad
Price: $85.98
7 used & new from $83.75

5.0 out of 5 stars great rug pad at a great price, April 29, 2015
this is a great rug pad, soft on one side and has a mesh non slip grid on the other side. The price was the best, far less than buying it at a furniture store. I had to cut the pad to fit my rug - the pad was a bit oversize but it cut easily just using fiskars scissors. We used the pad over a tile floor and it's very cushy! Highly Recommended.

Pair of PaceMaker "Journey" Antishock Trekking Poles with Attachments and Extended Life Vulcanized Rubber Feet. (Black)
Offered by PaceMaker Stix
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars great walking sticks, April 29, 2015
I'm glad I gave walking sticks a try. Since I'd never used them before I opted for a budget friendly pair. I wanted the sticks to serve a few purposes - provide a more aerobic aspect to my walks, burn more calories and to alleviate some pressure on my hips- 1 is arthritic and 1 was recently replaced. I love using these sticks!!!! I received all the different feet with my order and put the 'paws' on. When walking on level sidewalks I can really speed along. On sandy soil going up and downhill these have helped me tremendously. I find them to be very aerobic ( think the old nordic trac machines or cross country skiing) It took me just a few minutes to get my pace to match arm movement. I do feel a tiny burn in my arms tricep area when I'm done which is great! What over 50 woman doesn't want firm upper arms??? What has been the best benefit though is that my legs aren't tired at all when I'm done and I have no tension or pain in them. I am very long legged and extend the poles to 54". They work fine, but I found I need to wear workout gloves as I got a blister on my finger. However, the cork grips are very comfortable. If you are considering walking sticks, try these.

Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper
Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper
by Hilary Liftin
Price: $20.48

2.0 out of 5 stars not interesting, April 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I felt this was a thinly disguised story about 2 celebrities, one deeply involved with scientology and the other his now ex wife who arranged and executed a divorce without anyone knowing. I expected a story something more along the lines of a Joan Collins hollywood themed juicy summer reading book. This story is supposedly told from "Lizzie Peppers" point of view. How as a young woman she was romanced by a mega-star, fell for what she later found out were scripted lines, got married, found out more about his cult "One Cell" and left. I really didn't care. I didn't connect with the character Lizzie and I didn't care what her motivations were. It's true that I don't care about either person in real life, so their make-up life wasn't going to interest me either. Promotional blurbs say the story is 'full of twists and turns and a breathless journes to the heights of Hollywood power....' well perhaps that would be the case if you held your breath the entire time you were reading...I suppose that could render you breathless and if you've spent your life living under a rock I suppose you couldn't see what was coming.... what I'm saying is I felt no tension in the story at all.

The Jezebel Remedy: A novel
The Jezebel Remedy: A novel
by Martin Clark
Price: $20.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Good legal thriller, April 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I did enjoy the story. There are some lol descriptions of feelings about your spouse when you've been married for a few decades. The story centers around Lisa and Joe Stone, two very intelligent but by their choice small town lawyers, and their wacky client Lettie VanSandt. Lettie is a regular ( almost weekly) client who often changes her will and wants to engage in all manner of lawsuits agains just about anyone for anything. Joe isn't quite sure why he tolerates her the way he does. Lettie is also big on creating potions. Low and behold one of them actually works and could be worth a fortune. This part of the story takes off with Lettie's death, her nervous son Neal claiming her estate after Joe signs off on it and something fishy comes out. This something involves a huge pharmaceutical and it's young magnate. Interesting legal drama ensues. However I didn't buy the actions of Lisa Stone - the decisions and actions she took to try to save the case when it looks as though the Pharmaceutical may win. I don't believe anyone would do what she did and risk what she did, so that was a little off for me.
There's a sub story about Lisa's discontent with her marriage, her actions and her constant - and somewhat annoying, self recrimination and fear of discovery by Joe. I had not heard of the author prior to reading this book. I did enjoy reading it and felt it zipped along until Lisa's questionable actions...but that just bugged me. You may be bothered.

Vinnie's Diner
Vinnie's Diner
by Jennifer AlLee
Price: $11.24
33 used & new from $8.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Could you let go of the past to move on?, April 10, 2015
This review is from: Vinnie's Diner (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Vinnie's Diner isn't your typical diner. Apparently it appeared because the main character Allie needed a place to assess her life before moving on.
Allie has been in a life threatening auto accident. She is helped to the diner by Vinnie and it is there where she reviews her life before making the ultimate choice of staying or moving on. As with all of us, there are things that Allie would rather not 'replay' . There is a cast of characters in the diner, which serve no purpose and don't expand the storyline. While talking with Vinne Allie reviews her life. Ba'al also wants Allie, and shows her parts of her relatives lives she'd rather not know, but it's important. This story does have Christian themes of angels, Jesus and God, but I didn't feel overwhelmed by this and thought it was done very well. Depending on your age, this could be a very thought provoking story. If you really reflected back on your life, would you like what you see? Would you take an opportunity to change? Would you see that holding grudges has no meaning and could you let go? Could you forgive so you could move on? Would you change now, while you have life left and could make a difference in your life and others? Interesting questions. The story flows easily, I read it in two sessions by the pool.

Gaiam Hot Yoga Mat Towel, Pink Fandango
Gaiam Hot Yoga Mat Towel, Pink Fandango
Price: $39.96
2 used & new from $39.96

3.0 out of 5 stars the towel is just OK, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was skeptical about the sueded finish being any good but it did provide a pretty good grip on the yoga mat and it was a little sweat absorbent. I prefer my hot yoga microfiber towel with the rubber bits on one side. I never worry about that one slipping and it's more absorbent. This one worked OK.

Hanover Gramercy 2-Piece Outdoor Wicker Chaise Lounge Set, Brown/Tan
Hanover Gramercy 2-Piece Outdoor Wicker Chaise Lounge Set, Brown/Tan
Price: $799.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone enjoys this comfortable good looking chaise, April 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The chaise and table were delivered a couple days ago. I finally made myself get up out of the chaise and write a review - the chaise is THAT comfortable! Anyone who sits in it does not want to get up. The items were packeged very well with no damage at all. Heavy duty cardboard, foam sheeting around the arms and back of chair and the legs encased in bubble wrap. Cushions in heavy duty plastic. I'm not sure what 'assembly required' means to the manufacturer. In this case it included tying the bottom cushion onto the back, cleaning the glass for the table and placing it on the table. The set is made of plastic rattan which is nicely woven and smooth to the touch. The cushions are a nice oatmeal shade, and the included lumbar or head pillow compliments it well, as does many other outdoor pillows I happen to have. The set is supposed to e weatherproof, is intended for outdoor use and I may put it outdoors at some point. After we unpacked the set it looked so nice in our great room we are just using it there. The back of the chaise has 4 adjustable settings from fully upright to recline...and oh is it easy to fall asleep on this plush cushions! The bottom pad is almost 6" thick. It's really a great set.

Ammex GWON Gloveworks Orange Nitrile Glove, Latex Free, Disposable, Powder Free, X-Large (Box of 100)
Price: $13.30
7 used & new from $12.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good protective glove, April 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great work glove. They arrived just in time for cleaning a gas grill in which a grease pan caught fire, leaving alot of baked on charred debri. I used alot of soapy water, sponge and scrub brush and the grip from these gloves was great. No sliding or slipping. Much easier to work with than my kitchen rubber gloves! Also used with Roundup while spraying bug spray...usually not a problem but I felt better having my hands protected ( for once) Again, firm grip, no slipping. These were also used for repair on a bike chain and had great grip and allowed me to keep the dexterity. I agree with other reviewers that you can reuse these gloves provided they are not filled with oil or yard chemicals. I thought these were alot easier to put on than the Costco latex gloves I have been using. Recommend.

Secrets to Smoking on the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and Other Smokers: An Independent Guide with Master Recipes from a BBQ Champion
by Bill Gillespie
Price: $13.32
46 used & new from $11.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Food photography is fantastic, March 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. I thought the intro about various woods used in smoking, charcoal and the basic operating procedure were helpful for beginner smokers. The Minion method of lighting the charcoal briquets is described, along with the comment to experiment with this method as there are a few variations. This is what we did- hey it's smoking, you're not building a nuclear reactor. There are many ways to achieve the end result. The food photographs are amazing, you'll want to tear the pages out and try to eat them. Certainly an incentive to try the recipes!! I didn't find the layout confusing as some others did, it was obvious that he was giving you the rub and barbeque sauce he used on the item he just gave the recipe for. There are all kinds of recipes from basic smoked items such as pork butt, ribs, chicken etc to some more uncommon items like poppers ( several varities) and pizza. The author also tells you how to use your smoker as a regular grill and there are several recipes for that - what he calls a high heat option. Overall, I thought it was a great book and can't wait to try the recipes!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20