Profile for J. Weber > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2024

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Weber RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black and Decker TO3210SSD Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
Black and Decker TO3210SSD Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful appliance, nice looking, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The countertop oven is convenient and very easy to use. Other reviewers have covered the looks thoroughly so I'll go right to toasting and baking.
Depending on the size of the bread - it will toast 4-6 slices. I used the crumb tray so the first time the toast was toasted only on one side. The second time, I flipped it about halfway through and both sides were toasted...I still like a regular toaster better. Where this shines for me is baking for 2. My findings are consistent with other reviewers in that the cooking time is not less than normal. The cook time remained the same. A quiche at 375 came out perfect as did chicken breasts. Also great for roasting vegetables for 2. I know the oven heated up to correct temp because I had my oven thermometer in it to check, also the food cooked in the alloted time. I didn't think the outside got that hot. Yes, the top heats up and I couldn't put my hand on it but I could on the sides. I didn't feel any pronounced heat radiating up to the bottom of the cabinets. Warm? Yes - hot? - no. The oven cooled down quickly, within 5-7 minutes. I didn't feel it radiated much heat from the front either, as compared to heating up our full size oven. I like it alot for cooking heating up food for 2 people. I didn't like it for toast.

DII Kitchen Millennium Non Adhesive, Smooth Top, Cut to Fit and Washable Shelf or Refrigerator Liner Rolls-12-Inch by 10-Feet, Black, Set of 2
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect if you like clean but don't like to clean!, September 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like using these fridge ( or shelf) liners! It's viscose polyester, to me it feels like a thick paper towel. I received black - black background with white dots on one side, white background with thin lined black grid on the other. Easy to cut and will be alot easier to pull out and put in the laundry than taking out every shelf in the fridge and washing and drying it! A job which I do not like to do, even though I like a clean looking fridge!
Since I was doing laundry I tossed a few squares in - washed fine. No shrinkage, wrinkling, puckering or anything. I just left it on top of the washer and it dried in a few hours. I received 2 rolls each roll 12" x 10 ft. One roll was enough to line all the shelves in our 28 cubic ft fridge and the 2 vegetable bins. So for an average fridge, one roll should be sufficient and you have an whole other roll to use for your regular shelving! I don't know how long this fabric will last but I"m sure it will be years - and it's well worth the cost. By the time this wears out I'll probably want another color anyway!

Healthy Joe Chia Seed, 1 Pound
Healthy Joe Chia Seed, 1 Pound
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ch-ch-ch-chia!, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tiny little seeds which you can add to almost anything! I use them in smoothies, salad dressings, hot cereals, yogurt etc. I have tossed them into baked goods. Personally I don't think they have a 'flavor' but it's an wasy way to get more Omega 3 and fiber in your diet - 2 things typically lacking in the American diet. My husband agrees about the flavor aspect but doesn't like how the tiny seeds can become stuck in your teeth ( and they do). What I also like and find very helpful is that they really fill me up - this must be the fiber aspect. If I have a few tablespoons in my yogurt at lunch I don't get the 3 o'clock snack urge. This brand seeds are from Mexico, not sure if they are organic ( not labeled as such) but I also read that the organic designation for chia seeds is quite recent as the seeds grow wild. I've also used Natures Intent chia seeds which are labeled organic and will likely continue to do so only because of cost. I got 2 lbs at Costco for $14 compared to $10 per pound for these. Give them a try whereever you buy

Louise Loves Art
Louise Loves Art
by Kelly Light
Price: $12.03
48 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Your imagination on the outside, September 13, 2014
This review is from: Louise Loves Art (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A quickly read story about Louise, her passion for drawing ( art) and her little brother also named Art. Simple but profound explaination of 'art' which is "your imagination on the outside". I had not heard that before and thought it was a wonderful explaination for children - or anyone for that matter. The book is simple - the limited storyline is about Louise drawing and hanging her pictures in the gallery, which is the hallway. The fridge is reserved for her best work, which her little brother Art cuts into a chain of paper people. At first Louise is upset, Art is sad, then Louise tells Art she loves his work and hangs it on the fridge. Also in the story is a cat who has wonderful cat poses for Louise to draw. A light fun story for young children, would make a great stepping stone to then have your child let their imagination out and draw.

OXO Good Grips Professional 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife
OXO Good Grips Professional 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife
Price: $18.22
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great OXO product, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Biased review as I really like the OXO brand and I buy new or replace items with OXO whenever I can. That being said, this is another excellent product. The paring knife size is quite handy. Typical padded OXO grip which helps make using the knife more comfortable. The blade is sharp and there's a great balance when holding the fruit in one hand and using the other to hold the knife to prep fruits and veggies. I do like a paring knife and find them very functional as opposed to a longer bladed knife. Excellent product.

Braun Ear Thermometer
Braun Ear Thermometer
Price: $42.97
3 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best temp taker, so easy to use!, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The entire unit is so easy to use and well thought out - buy this thermometer right now! It comes loaded with the batteries, the temp unit, a storage case and a box of the single use 'lens filters' ( which is the clear plastic cap that fits over the temp taking unit. Intuitive and easy to use. press power butten on the lower half of the unit to turn on, when you are ready to take the persons temp press the gray temp button on top of the unit and within seconds you have the temp reading. Also, your previous reading will display for 5 seconds before the unit clears and the current temp is taken. The unit turns off after 60 seconds. Pop it into the storage case until next time you need it. The tiny box of the lens filters also fits in the storage box. I love this unit, if you have children you will definately want this unit. Way easier than the old fashioned stick thermometer. One caveat - don't let your kids see you eject the used lens filter ( by pressing the button on the back directly below the lens filter) it shoots right off, is way to much fun to eject and your kids will most likely think it's a toy. Keep that as your own fun time :) Seriously, a very well designed and useful product.

InterDesign Bubbli Shower Caddy
InterDesign Bubbli Shower Caddy
Offered by BIC Warehouse
Price: $15.03
5 used & new from $15.03

5.0 out of 5 stars nice design, functional, September 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
somewhat compact shower caddy, with nice design feature of 'bubble' in front of the shelves. I like the plastic bumper on the top which helps in keeping in stable on the shower head, along with the suction cups in back. the unit easily holds average size shampoo/conditioner. I have some oversize bottles which are a tight fit and probably too heavy - not a big deal. Perfect for guest bath.

DII Cotton Blend, Machine Washable, Hostess Gift, Stocking Stuffer, Chef's or Baking Mrs. Claus Kitchen/Baking Apron for the Holidays
Price: $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars not for taller people, August 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's a cute apron. Red cotton, with white fleece trim and a golden belt buckle. Would add some fun kitsch to holiday cooking. It is short though. At almost 6' ft the bib comes no where close to the look on the picture, although the black ribbon ties are long enough to tie it, the bib hangs far too low to look cute. however, with the bib tucked inside the skirt part, the skirt part is cute. I would imagine if you are 5'8" or less it would be a perfect fit.

Couleur Nature Bougainvillea Tea Towels, 20-inches by 30-inches, Green/Red, Set of 3
Price: $40.81

4.0 out of 5 stars 100% cotton made in India, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
100% cotton towels made in India. Design is stamped on one side, fabric is white on the back side. The colors go well together, as depicted in photo. Shades of berry red golden olive green and olive green. I'm presuming these towels, like similiar ones I have had in the past, will shrink somewhat in the wash. Still, they are true to size and will be a pretty kitchen towel.

Paper Mate Clearpoint Mix and Match 0.7MM Mechanical Pencil Starter Kit
Paper Mate Clearpoint Mix and Match 0.7MM Mechanical Pencil Starter Kit
Price: $11.05
2 used & new from $5.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for tweens, August 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
the pencil writes well and the lead does not break easily. the ereaser is easy to extend. I think this is better suited to kids, it's a PITA to change the top out, much less find a little storage container to keep the additional erasers and tops in. I wouldn't buy it for myself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20