Profile for Anthony Osimo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anthony Osimo RSS Feed (Monrovia, CA)

Tropical Fern Leaf Wristlet/Anklet 10" 1/Pkg
Tropical Fern Leaf Wristlet/Anklet 10" 1/Pkg
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $4.10
6 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 4, 2014
Horribly misleading. I only received one single wrist. Not even a set of one.

Thermos Stainless King 2-Liter/68-Ounce Beverage Bottle, Midnight Blue
Thermos Stainless King 2-Liter/68-Ounce Beverage Bottle, Midnight Blue
Price: $47.14
16 used & new from $29.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Drinks Hot, March 19, 2013
I bought this thermos so I could make coffee ahead of time for an early morning Bible study. I have found that if I pre-warm the bottle with hot water before pouring in the coffee, that the contents stay hot for about 12 hours. I can put an entire pot of coffee (12 cups) and still have room for a bit more.

I also like the extra wide mouth on top for pouring into the bottle.

Gospel in Life Discussion Guide with DVD: Grace Changes Everything
Gospel in Life Discussion Guide with DVD: Grace Changes Everything
by Timothy Keller
Price: $23.98
58 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Small Group Resource, February 22, 2011
This is a great resource to engage your congregation not only in small group ministry but in personal discipleship. Each of the lessons move us closer to looking at our communities with a distinctly Christian World view. One note: The packaging was very confusing for our church. The books are called Study Guides, causing many people to think there was a "book" that went with the curriculum. Also the DVD/Book combination is called a Discussion Guide with DVD. This unfortunate labeling as the book is the same study guide bundled with a DVD. I ordered both thinking one was leaders guide and the other was a workbook. They are the same. Amazon & Zondervan need to clear this up in their product descriptions and title. Other than this little confusion, the book and DVD are excellent. I highly recommend both for your church or small group.Gospel in Life Study Guide: Grace Changes Everything
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 11:41 AM PDT

PPRF Wireless PowerPoint Remote
PPRF Wireless PowerPoint Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with MediaShout, September 22, 2009
A few months ago I made the switch from PowerPoint to MediaShout. Since MediaShout is non-linear and does not use the standard commands of PowerPoint, I needed a remote that I could program to take advantage of MediaShout's flexibility. I also had the challenge of being 75 feet away from the computer. The PowerPresenter is the only device I have found that is both programmable and able to send a signal that distance. As if that was not reason enough to buy this unit, it has three simple buttons with the main button larger than the others. Since I use it when I am preaching, I don't want to be fumbling around with buttons while I am concentrating on my sermon. It is also small enough to be comfortable in my hand.

The only downside is that you need to reprogram the remote for MediaShout if you power off your computer, which I don't do. The default programming for the remote is for PowerPoint, so this is not an issue for those who PowerPoint. If you use a laptop and speak in different locations, I would use a cheaper USB presenter that has a small base and does not require the large receiver of this unit unless you need the long-distance reception of the PowerPresenter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2010 9:09 AM PDT

A Brief History of the Presbyterians
A Brief History of the Presbyterians
by James H. Smylie
Price: $15.00
93 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Definitive History, February 6, 2009
As a former student of Dr. Smylie, I can attest to his passion for history, in particular the history of the Presbyterian Church in all its forms. With words and pictures, A Brief History helps us understand the foundations of our denomination. It is an invaluable tool for teaching and explaining our journey in the waters in the Reformed Tradition.

The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, and Why It Matters
The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, and Why It Matters
by Harold Fickett
236 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book By Colson Yet!, February 6, 2009
It is a rare book that can take the breadth of the Christian experience and communicate it in a compassionate and informative way. Colson's mix of story, history, and doctrine provide the reader with a fast-paced journey through the Christian faith. I have read many books attempting to explain Christian beliefs, though none as challenging and memorable as The Faith. This is on my must read list. I have bought it for friends, I am preaching through its theme's and I encourage everyone to read it to understand what it means to be a follower of Jesus.
Rev. Anthony Osimo, Pastor, First Presbyterian Church Monrovia, CA