Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Eric Berg > Reviews

Browse

Eric Berg's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric Berg RSS Feed (Wilmington. MA)

Samsung LN32D550 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL] (2011 Model)
Samsung LN32D550 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Black) [2011 MODEL] (2011 Model)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV I've personally seen in 2010 and 2011, April 2, 2011
For the last year I've been looking for a TV to replace my 2009 Samsung 26" LCD. It had what some people call "smudging" or "smearing" where if two really dark images move near one another, the black area would leave a trail. It looks sort of like when you make a dark circle with a pencil and run your finger over it. It made night scenes in movies and games really distracting. I even saw it in people with black hair watching 720p Lost episodes.

From what I can tell so far, this set has none of it. I went through a Sony, a Toshiba, an LG, and another Samsung. All but the LG had this issue, and the LG had atrocious black levels due to it being a technically "better" IPS panel. I love my LG IPS monitors, but for TV it looks awful. So I stuck with Samsung's PVA panels, and boy am I glad I did.

I immediately turned off all the video processing options and turned the backlight down from 14 to 8. IMPECCABLE picture as far as I'm concerned. Looks incredible even at 1080i. It's no plasma, but hey, 32-inch plasmas don't exist, so I'm content with LCD.

I have no idea how the input lag is for video games since I play relatively slowly paced games. No fighters, competitive FPS, or other twitch reflex games in my library. I'd be a bit leery if that's super critical for you until more accurate tests are out there. It seems fine to me, but I'm not very sensitive to lag, so take it with a grain of salt.

Bottom line, great picture quality, great black levels (for an LCD), decent motion handling (it IS only 60Hz), lots of options to mess with, plenty of inputs, a sleek design. I would buy this TV again in a heartbeat, personally. As the first reviewer said, JUST what I was looking for.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 1:29 AM PST

Sonic the Hedgehog - Xbox 360
Sonic the Hedgehog - Xbox 360
Offered by Awesome Fun Time
Price: $19.98
73 used & new from $3.93

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not trust the five star reviews. Sonic isn't good anymore., February 1, 2007
Why are so many people singing this game's praises? I have it and it's the worst Sonic game yet. Sure, it looks pretty, but that's about all it has to offer. The controls are unresponsive and twitchy. Get used to falling off ledges to your death. You'll do it a lot. This game is riddled with glitchy gameplay. The camera positions itself so you can't see where you're going sometimes, and if you move it, when you move it resets itself. If you get this for your child/boyfriend/husband, all they will experience is frustration. No time went into testing this game and all the funds were spent on visuals rather than programming. This game was literally rushed to market unfinished.

Here are some reviews...

You have been warned.

Sonic the Hedgehog - Playstation 3
Sonic the Hedgehog - Playstation 3
79 used & new from $5.11

Why are so many people singing this game's praises? I have it for the XBox 360 (same exact game) and it's the worst Sonic game yet. Sure, it looks pretty, but that's about all it has to offer. The controls are unresponsive and twitchy. Get used to falling off ledges to your death. You'll do it a lot. This game is riddled with glitchy gameplay. The camera positions itself so you can't see where you're going sometimes, and if you move it, when you move it resets itself. If you get this for your child/boyfriend/husband, all they will experience is frustration. No time went into testing this game and all the funds were spent on visuals rather than programming. This game was literally rushed to market unfinished.

Here are some reviews of the XBox 360 vesion, which is more or less the exact same game...

IGN: 4.8 out of 10