Profile for John C. Taylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 92

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John C. Taylor RSS Feed (Pendleton, OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Leatherman 831426 Wingman Multi-Tool
Leatherman 831426 Wingman Multi-Tool
Price: $27.52
82 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid, quality, example of American design and craftsmanship, July 20, 2014
A solid, quality, example of American design and craftsmanship, this Leatherman was purchased as a gift for an honored member of my service organization. The Leatherman's great qualities were a perfect match to the contributions made to my community by the recipient - something not lost on that individual or the audience when it was presented.As an award for recognition, it was far better than some plaque hanging on a wall or gathering dust somewhere; this aware will constantly be in visible use, reminding the proud owner that their contributions were noticed, valued, and recognized.

The Cowboys (Deluxe Edition)
The Cowboys (Deluxe Edition)
DVD ~ Roscoe Lee Browne
Price: $4.00
94 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars John Wayne. Cowboys. A classic story, June 25, 2014
This review is from: The Cowboys (Deluxe Edition) (DVD)
This is a classic John Wayne movie, Wayne at his inspirational best.The story of taking young boys on a cattle drive and watching them turn into men is fascinating to me. This is one movie that I watch many times; I never tire of it..

TerraTime
TerraTime
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app, simple to use but backed by good science, June 25, 2014
This review is from: TerraTime (App)
This has long been one of my favorite apps. I bought it once for my phone and again for my Kindle. Noting the day/night progression around the globe, the minute and second changes as a solstice comes and goes, the moon phases and more - just fascinating! As an educational tool as it is well designed, easy to use, great graphics and is accurate to my area thanks to GPS, I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in what is happening around them.

LEGO Play Book: Ideas to Bring Your Bricks to Life
LEGO Play Book: Ideas to Bring Your Bricks to Life
by Daniel Lipkowitz
Price: $14.87
84 used & new from $4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Art & Inspiration, June 25, 2014
This book has become the "standard reference" book for my grandson who is a Lego fanatic. He received it as a gift and he and his father have spent hours pouring over the different designs, and taking inspiration for father/son projects.This book has been more successful than I expected!

Pretend Soup and Other Real Recipes: A Cookbook for Preschoolers and Up
Pretend Soup and Other Real Recipes: A Cookbook for Preschoolers and Up
by Mollie Katzen
Price: $14.55
285 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent child's first cookbook, June 25, 2014
Selecting this book for my 5-year old grandson's birthday was not just a hit, it was a home run! I was sold on the duality of the book, the adult version followed by a child's easily understood version. My daughter was so excited when she saw my selection; "I've got two other cookbooks by this same author and they are great!" My grandson has started cooking his way through the book, with outstanding results. He could not have been prouder than when I asked him to fix something for a family potluck. I can't wait to see - and taste - what he brings.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks Enchanted Musical Edition
Bedknobs and Broomsticks Enchanted Musical Edition
DVD ~ Angela Lansbury
Price: $15.12
22 used & new from $8.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, June 25, 2014
So enjoyed watching this classic again. Good kids movie too.

Seiko Women's SUT020 "Dress" Two-Tone Stainless Steel Solar Watch
Seiko Women's SUT020 "Dress" Two-Tone Stainless Steel Solar Watch
Price: $124.12
13 used & new from $124.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, June 25, 2014
Purchased for a good friend's retirement, it was a great success and warmly welcomed. That it is solar powered added a tech aspect that was really appreciated. Beautiful watch too.

Maps For KINDLE DEVICE
Maps For KINDLE DEVICE

4.0 out of 5 stars OK - but could be better, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Maps For KINDLE DEVICE (App)
The maps are good, clear, and easy to read. What is lacking here is a GPS (and for forward-looking camera) in my Kindle Fire HD. That would triple the usefulness of this app.

Building the Columbia River Highway: They Said It Couldn't Be Done
Building the Columbia River Highway: They Said It Couldn't Be Done
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll on Columbia* (River Highway), June 20, 2014
I have been interested in the Old Columbia Gorge Highway, the subject of this book, for a long time. Today, a drive on the Old Highway (as compared to the "new" I-84 which also follows the Gorge) is probably the best scenic drive in Oregon - and that is saying a lot. Wildflowers in spring, lush forest and ferns and waterfalls everywhere, Vista House, Multnomah Falls, and much more. There is a lot of history that is represented by this highway, created by a unique fusion of visionary movers and shakers of early Oregon and artistic engineering. This creative book introduces you to people like Sam Hill, Simon Benson, and the engineer/designer/artist who brought all of this together, Samuel Lancaster. There are others, of course, who play a vital role in the creation of this, one of the earliest paved roads in Oregon, a road that was widely considered impossible to build due to the steep slopes of the Gorge. But build it they did! This book honors those pavement pioneers as much as it informs the modern reader and driver. "Building the Columbia River Highway" greatly adds to the enjoyment and appreciation of an already incredible road. (*Bad pun, but I couldn't resist it any more than I can resist a drive on the Old Columbia Gorge Highway.) Peg Willis, thank you for bringing this book to life!

Dri Lube Spray Can 11oz - 11016
Dri Lube Spray Can 11oz - 11016
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $18.14

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word: Slick!, June 19, 2014
This stuff really works! I had used paste wax on my router base to help it glide over an aluminium guide. This never went smoothly - until I gave router and template a quick spritz of Super Lube. It dried in seconds. The spray made a world of difference in routing dovetails. The router now moved smoothly, even gracefully,with easy and safe control. I was able to guide the router instead of working to push it around. Super Lube did the same thing for my table saw: materials easily slid through making accurate cuts a lot easier.. In my opinion this spray adds a lot to the safety of working with power tools.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10