Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Nicole L. Inskip > Reviews

Browse

Nicole L. Inskip's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicole L. Inskip RSS Feed (Naples Florida)

Page: 1 | 2
rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle (Magenta) Folio Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Fire 7-Inch Android Tablet (NOT Compatible with Fire HD)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this case, November 25, 2011
I just recieved this case as gift. I love it! I love all the options. I would say that the standing up options are not a perfect science but it is so well made and secure, I can let those fly.

Fisher-Price Zen Collection Cradle Swing (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Fisher-Price Zen Collection Cradle Swing (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Swing! So Beautiful, November 20, 2011
This is a wonderful swing. It is very beautiful and easy to use. There is no need for bouncy seats or any other type of sitting baby furniture. It grows with the baby for a long time. Mine is in great shape even after having gone through three babies and 3 years. (different families) :-)

How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire with Bonus Material
How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire with Bonus Material

3.0 out of 5 stars If you liked Buffy maybe?, March 1, 2011
I found the book to be very funny and entertaining until the end when it feel utterly and completely apart.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2011 7:20 PM PST

The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy Book 1)
The Blood That Bonds (The II AM Trilogy Book 1)
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars his brain was working faster than he could type, January 13, 2011
I wanted SO bad to like this book. (Spoilers so watch out !)

It was free on Kindle and when I read the description and glanced at the reviews (I only really scan the star ratings) I was siked. I LOVE Vampire novels written by men. (Ala Charlie Huston) Men have a way of making the (possible) love between a mortal and a Vampire make sense. Women go for the old, every girl likes the bad boy they think will change for them. Men, not so much.

I thought ahh ha! She was a drug addict and prostitute, of course loving a Vampire would make sense Stockholm syndrome something like that. Somehow the author took that no-brainer of a plot and made it senseless. They are in love about 30 seconds after meeting. I was literally sitting jaw dropped like "really?!? Wtf?!?" How and when did that happen? The heroine bounced back and forth between a hardened street urchin to a whiney and love struck little girl. It made no sense.

And how like a man to think that he can give her an orgasm (which lacked detail imo btw) and she will instantly fall in love. She was a prostitute. I imagine it would have taken her a bit longer to get past some things.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this plot. I really do. I felt like the story got away from the author, like perhaps his brain was working faster than he could type and there was no one there to properly edit or add and delete and line up his story. It was disjointed. He would have me really interested and liking the style and then wham! Jump around to something that made no sense.

I, by no means think this author is lacking in talent. I think it's just the opposite. He has the makings of a very good vampire writer, but he needs honest back up. Someone who is not afraid to tell him when to cut the story back and what does and does not work. The bones of this story are very good. But for instance the bit about Two liking art seemed random and disjointed. I think I am using disjointed for the second or third time in this review. That is why I am NOT a writer. But that does sum up my feelings about this book. Disjointed. Get it together and I could be a rampant fan. Nothing better than Vampire love stories that actually include sex. :-)

Ohh and I am all for crazy names, but Two was difficult to read as a name.

Into the Wilderness
Into the Wilderness
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally !, September 20, 2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you....for the kindle version of this book. I have been waiting for what feels like FOREVER for it to come out. Take note publishers, digital books and e-readers are here to stay. Some of us refuse to read paper no matter how long we have to wait ! Keep holding out and you will find your books laying next 8 tracks in a vintage shop somewhere.

A Cruel Harvest
A Cruel Harvest
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Research?, June 11, 2010
This review is from: A Cruel Harvest (Kindle Edition)
This book did not appear well researched. The vernacular is wrong. In an attempt to make the lead character likable and endearing, all historical speech patterns and vernacular was dumped. There are glaring issues such as speaking of unbuttoning pants after eating in a time period when there would be no buttons on pants.
Overall it was a nice concept and interesting but not well executed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2010 7:39 AM PDT

A Reliable Wife
A Reliable Wife
by Robert Goolrick
Price: $13.34
1245 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much and not enough, all at the same time, June 11, 2010
This review is from: A Reliable Wife (Paperback)
Mind numbing descriptions leave no room for character development and or storyline. I forced myself to finish because it was a soap opera of massive proportions. I actually skimmed the ostentatious overwrought paragraphs for any dialogue between the characters to give myself some idea of what the hell was going on. I felt like a speed reader must. The author actually makes you (as a reader) feel small and unintelligent killing each scene in the book with overly poetic descriptions and beating the information like a dead horse. He gives you the impression he feels more words make a story better. I actually had trouble starting the book because I kept falling asleep reading it. It took forever to get going.

Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1)
Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to become Obsessed, May 16, 2010
My mother bought me this book. She sent it to my kindle. I started and stopped it a number of times untill I got to the real meat of it. It's an incredibly hard book to start reading but if you can make it to the middle it's impossible to put down. I LOVE this series. I have become completely obsessed I join message boards I am a Facebook fan. I read the whole series in order and I can't imagine what to do with myself now that I am done. The wait between books is pure torture. People who have read them read them again and again..... get this book !!!

How High the Moon: A Novel
How High the Moon: A Novel
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love it, May 10, 2010
This is her best work since 'Carry Me Home.' This books sticks with you. I simply love them all to death.

Tender Graces
Tender Graces

3.0 out of 5 stars You can tell it's a first attempt, May 10, 2010
This review is from: Tender Graces (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be disjointed. It had no real flow (in parts.) She wrote in the child's voice wonderfully as an adult however, not as well.
The end seemed thrown together and rushed.

All- and- all I like the story and the characters. I deeply cared about them. They It has real promise. I like Micha and the brothers as a whole

For a really well written sob story of Appalachia I would go with 'The Glass Castle.'

Page: 1 | 2