Profile for Dave B in CA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave B in CA RSS Feed (California, USA)

LEDwholesalers Tower Type G4 12v Ac/dc 15 LED Holagen Bulb Replacemnt for Rv Camper Trailer Boat Marine 1.44 Watt 105 Lumen Warm White 1411ww
Offered by LEDwholesalers ®
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for landscaping lights, September 13, 2012
We used these to replace the incandescent bulbs in the pathway landscaping light fixtures in our yard.

They have just the right brightness and color for this application.

We've had them installed for a few months now, and no failures yet.

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for the Macintosh
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner for the Macintosh
5 used & new from $400.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like it should!, September 3, 2010
So many computer-related items have great promise before you buy them, but then turn out to be flaky or lack abilities you think they should have. Not so with the ScanSnap S1500; it's very solid, and performs really great!

It really does reorient the pages very reliably. Upside down, portrait vs. landscape, all mixed in a stack--it turns them all upside right in the output. It has failed to do this only a couple of times in the stacks and stacks and stacks of paper I have fed through it.

The feeding is fast and reliable. As some other reviewers have pointed out, you need to load it gently into the feeder; if pushed in too hard, it sometimes will feed more than one page at a time (which it always detects, and recovers from gracefully). I have had (infrequent) occasions where, with a stack of heavyweight paper, I had to lightly hold the stack on the input as it fed in to allow the scanner to grab the pages one at a time. Overall, though, it is fast and feeds very well.

Image quality is good. Its quality is good for archiving documents (which is what I use it for). I haven't tried it for photos or anything like that.

It folds up into a nice small package, and has a permanent place on my desk. I love to use this thing!

I purchased the Mac version in anticipation of buying an Apple; I was using a Windows XP machine at the time. The included Windows drivers and basic software on the CD worked well on XP, although, of course, Acrobat did not (Mac only, as expected). I did eventually get a Macbook (running Snow Leopard), in June of 2010--the software on the ScanSnap CD didn't quite work, but there was an update available that made it work well on Snow Leopard (Fujitsu said when I purchased the unit that Snow Leopard support would be available as an update, so this was no surprise).

Overall a great product! I'm still very happy with it after almost a year!

SONOS CONNECT Wireless Receiver Component for Streaming Music
SONOS CONNECT Wireless Receiver Component for Streaming Music
Offered by Software-Central
Price: $344.99
30 used & new from $279.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 8, 2009
We bought two ZP90s for a couple of zones in a whole-house audio system.

We had been using an Apple AirPort Express for a few years to play our iTunes-managed stuff (which is probably 90+% ripped from CDs), and a connection from our cable box to our stereo to play music stations supplied by our cable company. All of this played in our living room and at the patio.

When we decided to expand to our kitchen and dining room areas, we did quite a bit of research, and decided the ZonePlayer would be a good choice. Because most all of our iTunes songs are not DRM-protected, we can listen to them on the Sonos (though it is a pain not to be able to play most of the Apple-purchased songs with the ZonePlayers). We've been using the Sirius internet trial, and will probably subscribe (not as much money as it might be, as we already have a subscription for the car). Also, it's pretty cool to be able to listen to radio stations in Honolulu or Melbourne, Australia on occasion (we probably wouldn't have found these without the Sonos). We've had very few problems with continuous streaming of Sirius or the radio stations over the Internet to our Sonos boxes; I think I've noticed just one time (over a few weeks) where it cut out, and then only for a few seconds.

We've used both the computer-based controller software as well as the version that works on an iPod touch. Both seem to be pretty stable, and are quite intuitive to use. We've used the alarm clock function (not accessible with the iPod-based software), and it works fine, though it is not terribly sophisticated (our schedule has a regular pattern, but doesn't quite match the Mon-Fri, etc. options that they give you).

We'll probably buy one more ZP90 to complete our system--it's great so far!