Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Profile for MomofFour > Reviews

Browse

MomofFour's Profile

Customer Reviews: 208

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MomofFour RSS Feed (TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Barbie Collector The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Peeta Mellark Doll
Barbie Collector The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Peeta Mellark Doll
Offered by ToysOnEarth
Price: $16.00
33 used & new from $13.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate likeness, February 10, 2016
My daughter loves the series and also Barbies - this may be a collectible but for us it's a toy - in a house of kids there's no point having a toy you can't play with :). As such we were both disappointed that he is sewn into his costume - boots are removable - and so when the seams tore after 3 months I gently undid the stitches and sewed some velcro to the back of his outfit - works perfectly to have him in character or change out to Ken clothes now. The hair on our doll was rooted in above the ear on one side and rooted low, below the ear on the other (like sideburns) and so I just used nail clippers to cut the extra as close to the scalp as possible, evening up the hair and it looks great now. He is fully jointed. Because of the extra work (repairing seam in pants and hair) I gave this a 4 star.

Bathtub Toy Organizer Set from Ily Luly - Toys Included - Highest Quality Mesh Storage Net with Strong Suction Cups - Bonus eBook Included - Red
Offered by Ily Luly
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great design concept!!! BEST bath organizer we've used to date, February 10, 2016
Wow.

Just wow. Easily rates 5 stars as one of the best kid products.

The mesh bag alone, minus the added toys, would have been worth the price and rating!

1 - the bag is HUGE! To install so it wouldn't overhang the edge of tub and leak any at all on the floor I had to put one section on the side wall of tub and the other on the back wall of tub to stretch this thing as wide as it is.

2 - the zippered bottom = GENIUS!!!!!!

3 - the double suction cups are not just a lick and stick kind - they get traction from the hooks also - the way it gets adhered to the tub ensures much stronger hold than just wetting some clear suction cups like most bath organizers come with.

I can only say would be perfect maybe if the actually J hooks were metal - I wonder if the strong plastic on those will accidentally break over time?

4 - the bath toys included all have squeakers - so unlike most our rubber duckies - which do not squeak - these toys all have the cute squeaker factor. also included 2 water squirt guns!

Ours did not have a red trim (thank goodness) but white which I prefer anyway.

I don't know how long the stitching or trim will hold up but will be happy to let you know in a year or so if someone wants to post a reply here.

Playtex Training Time Straw Cups, 6 Ounce, 2 Count (Colors may vary) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Buy-Me-Now
Price: $4.39
23 used & new from $4.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Best sippy style we've had luck with, February 10, 2016
Have used this style of sippy cup for years - when we accidentally lost our daughters at the zoo this past weekend I knew I had to find a replacement, tried so many other brands in the past with issues I didn't want to bother this time around, wanted a tried and true.

However, even after asking it this had 1 handle per cup or two (our old cup had two handles) it varied in answer - some customers got 1 handle, some got 2. I had hoped we would get as pictured, but from description knew we'd have to take what we could get. Sure enough - we got the green and blue set (okay but hoped for pink) - and to confirm, our set came with one handle per cup.

In using it we could see it wasn't as easy to tighten the lid on as our old set (had a couple of that style over the years with no issues). And then once on and we hadn't clicked it on correctly and water was leaking everywhere it was like trying to pry the lid off the pickle jar to get it off, I almost thought I wouldn't be able to ! Finally off and trying a few more times I got it on right - having heard the closing 'click' sound each time.

Still like that this sippy cup has a handle whereas most do not. Still like that when tipped over this does not dribble from the straw as have several other styles we've tried. For this reason I went with 4 stars and not 3. It's still better than most sippy versions out there.

ALEX Toys Little Hands Button Art
ALEX Toys Little Hands Button Art
Price: $17.11
31 used & new from $14.03

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun concept, design can last for years., February 10, 2016
As a mom with 4 kids and a type A personality I often wish I could sit in on these test groups for products to give my two cents.

Must say my toddler LOVES this toy. She has the typical toddler fascination of putting objects where they go and while she's not grasped the concept of placing the buttons in the right colored spots she loves putting them in - at 18 months she has no trouble getting them in correctly. It comes with several glossy cardstock sheets of images to do.

It has a storage tray underneath that can hold all the buttons when not in use.

My only beef (why 4 star and not 5) is that there is no storage for the colored cardstock sheets - even if we jammed them into the storage tray below it wouldn't close so we have it all together in a large ziploc baggie. If the storage tray had been made with this in mind it would have been wonderful to have it store all tight together.

Fisher-Price Disney's Jake and The Never Land Pirates Hook's Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
Price: $23.99
34 used & new from $19.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice features, wish was a bit bigger in scale, February 10, 2016
As described, it's a bit tiny compared to our Jake boats (Buckey and Colossus) though and more than I expected. Trap door at the steering wheel drops character to below where they are imprisoned in a cage. Only pieces that seem to fall off often in play are the flag at top and the cannon doesn't hold on to well but it shoots well.

10 LITTLE MONKEYS (Poke-a-Dot!)
10 LITTLE MONKEYS (Poke-a-Dot!)
by IKids
Edition: Board book
Price: $11.38
79 used & new from $0.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not quiet fun for the diaper bag :), February 10, 2016
You know how kids love to pop those bubbles on the plastic drink lids at your local fast food joint? Enter in this sweet idea! In theory it's a great idea, a bit disappointed that the book is soooo heavy though - it's over an inch thick, each page is super thick - this adds to bulk and weight - so it's harder for it's intended audience to tow it around with them - it also means the spine takes a beating trying to support the weight of these pages - we have used clear packing tape on this book's seams as we lost out Poke a Dot farm book years ago for the same reason. I keep coming back because it's still a great idea for the tiny tot who gets a lot of mileage out of this book :)

Sophia's JL-LS-BC Play Food Lemonade Set (9-Piece)
Sophia's JL-LS-BC Play Food Lemonade Set (9-Piece)
Price: $13.95
3 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Lemons!, February 10, 2016
Works beautifully with our AG dolls! I was especially pleased it came with 4 glasses so my 4 girls could each have a doll in the play. The included napkins would have been soooo much cuter in fabric so they would last but they are really soft paper napkins and won't last to long. Super cute and a great price for AG compatible stuff!

Fisher-Price - Disney Captain Jake and the Never Land Pirates - Mighty Colossus
Fisher-Price - Disney Captain Jake and the Never Land Pirates - Mighty Colossus
Price: $34.29
30 used & new from $13.76

3.0 out of 5 stars A mighty grand idea that fell a bit short, February 10, 2016
My daughter loves all things Jake and the Neverland Pirates so when Disney transformed Jake into "CAPTAIN Jake" and redid Jake's look it meant searching sales for all the new characters in full on Captain Jake mode. Jake even changed boats! She was super excited to get this ship for Christmas however it's got some design flaws that the old ship (which we paid nearly double for - watched this in cart for a few months and got it for under twenty five!) Buckey never had. One, it's almost to large for toddler daughter to move around - it is on wheels which helps - but because the 2 large doors do NOT latch closed well - as it's being moved, even most gently the doors keep popping open and spewing the contents (characters) out. We are working on a more permanent solution for her to be able to latch the doors without them popping open. As such, it currently gets less play use than Buckey :)

Barbie Made to Move Barbie Doll, Blue Top
Barbie Made to Move Barbie Doll, Blue Top
Price: $14.99
40 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have a Barbie that's unique!, February 10, 2016
My daughter loves the fully posable options of this doll, her feet are flat so they will not fit in a heeled shoe. We both love that her face has more of a chiseled jaw, making her look very different from most Barbie dolls. However, 4 stars because while she is not sewn into her outfit like collectible Barbies sometimes are, her yoga outfit is very form fitting and tight to remove to change her into anything else. Not a deal breaker - just not ideal. Her hair was nice and smooth - none of that sticky wax in it that Mattel used to shape Barbies hair with just a couple years back.

Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse Talkin Ken
Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse Talkin Ken
3 used & new from $43.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Ken...almost the perfect man, February 10, 2016
For a couple weeks after Christmas my girls and I thought Ken only said one phrase, "Hey doll, how's Malibu's most fabulous..." so please note there is a clear plastic tag stuck in his back that once removed unblocks the other phrases he uses :) His plastic is smooth and glossy so getting his dressed is easy - his knees and ankles are not jointed. His elbows and wrists are jointed - and his neck can move up/down and side to side.

I'm old school, I miss the jointed knees Ken had in the 80's and 90's so he could be posed to sit without looking crazy. My girls don't seem to mind though and for today's Ken he has more going for him than most versions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20