Profile for JAZ/JPZ MOM > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JAZ/JPZ MOM RSS Feed (Malibu, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Thermos FOOGO Phases Stainless Steel Straw Bottle, Tripoli, 10 Ounce
Thermos FOOGO Phases Stainless Steel Straw Bottle, Tripoli, 10 Ounce
Price: $14.83
14 used & new from $14.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my preschoolers lunch bag, October 15, 2013
My son loves green, so I got this for him to use when he started preschool last month. I love the easy pop up lid and the straw - he can drink from it no problem, and doesn't have to mess with a pop-up top like most sports bottles - if those aren't pushed all the way down they will l leak all over. So this leak proof system with the straw is ideal for a toddler.

Bloch Dance Dansoft Ballet Slipper (Toddler/Little Kid),Pink,12.5 B US Little Kid
Price: $15.04
4 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Bloch, October 15, 2013
Really love the fit of Bloch ballet shoes. This is my daughters 4th pair, I recently got myself a pair, and will be buying my son a pair this week for him to start ballet classes. I prefer these over Capezio for fit and style.

LEGO DUPLO My First Construction Site 10518
LEGO DUPLO My First Construction Site 10518
Offered by Imagine That Toys
Price: $24.99
47 used & new from $17.30

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 yr old loves it, October 15, 2013
my son got this for his 3rd bday and he loves it. he is crazy about construction vehicles so it was a perfect fit for him.

Learning Curve Thomas Wooden Railway Belle
Learning Curve Thomas Wooden Railway Belle
Offered by Happy Hen Toys
Price: $17.89
30 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 yr old daughter loves Belle, October 15, 2013
My daughter wanted Belle just as my son wanted Flynn after watching Day of the Diesels. Belle is big, a really pretty color and has a nice face. My 3 yr old son wishes he could have her too, but my daughter doesn't want him to nick her up as he is pretty rough with his trains. All in all, a great addition to the myriad of Thomas & Friends characters we have.

Thomas Wooden Railway - Flynn
Thomas Wooden Railway - Flynn
Offered by Store2Door
Price: $16.99
41 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 yr old loves Flynn, October 15, 2013
ever since watching Day of the Diesels, my son wanted Flynn really bad. I got it for him for his 3rd birthday a couple weeks ago and he just loves it.

Thomas & Friends: King Of The Railway: The Movie
Thomas & Friends: King Of The Railway: The Movie
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars typical Thomas fun entertainment, October 15, 2013
My kids (3 yr old boy and 6 yr old girl) love the Thomas & Friends movies Day of the Diesels, Misty Island Rescue, and Blue Mountain Mystery- this new movie didn't disappoint - they seemed to enjoy it just as much as the other ones. I will admit that I don't mind watching them either - all the characters are so distinct, the train colors and the facial expressions are all so diverse and interesting, and best of all, these movies are pure, innocent entertainment that are both gender neutral and age appropriate for my kids. Nothing to complain about with this movie.

Accidentally on Purpose: Season 1
Accidentally on Purpose: Season 1
DVD ~ Jenna Elfman
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $24.12
10 used & new from $24.12

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE AOP!, June 17, 2011
Great writing, great cast, great show. It should not have only lasted one season on the air. If you haven't seen it yet, you will be entertained. Jenna Elfman (Billie) is hilarious, as is Lennon Parham (Abby) and Nicolas Wright (Davis). And Jon Foster (Zack)... well, he is a very good actor who is wholly believable and likeable - not to mention beautiful to look at, charming, and endearing.

Badger Basket Two Hamper Set with Liners, White
Badger Basket Two Hamper Set with Liners, White
Price: $48.84
25 used & new from $35.99

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FOR BABY NURSERY - TOXIC SMELLING PAINT USED!, July 29, 2010
These hampers are advertised for children here on Amazon and on the Badger Basket website as for "the nursery" - this is shocking b/c of the extremely toxic smelling white paint they used to paint these hampers. I purchased these for my baby's room (due in September) and as soon as I opened the box the fumes from the paint overwhelmed me. I was ready to return them right then, but I decided to try to outgas them outside for a couple of days, but the smell didn't seem to get any fainter. I had no intention of using these in my baby's room where he could inhale the toxins coming off these hampers, so I returned them for a refund. I would not recommend anyone buy these for your kids rooms, or for any other room in you home for that matter, the fumes are that bad. In addition, the quality of the wicker left a lot to be desired, with broken pieces and uneven weaving throughout, as did the sturdiness of the lids- they were attached very loosely to the hampers and would most likely come off after repeated use. These things are irrelevant though to me since the paint was so bad I wouldn't have kept them anyway even if the construction was of superior quality.

I plan to call Badger Basket and alert them of my concern over the toxicity of their product in the hopes that they will consider using more ecologically responsible paint materials, such as the low-VOC or no-VOC paint formulas that are readily available these days. Will report back after speaking to them with any new insights.

UPDATED AUGUST 17th 2010:
I spoke to a representative at the Badger Basket corporate offices today... I alerted him to the fact that I had returned their product for a refund b/c of the toxicity of the paint they used on them. I told him that I didn't think they should be marketing these for a nursery when no one, especially babies, should be breathing in the toxic fumes that these hampers are offgassing. He was very nice and told me that he appreciated my feedback and input regarding their product. He said he was going to look into it. What that means, who knows.

So I still would not advise anyone to purchase this product until the company advertises them as "non-toxic" or "safe for children" or have some sort of language to that effect to let the consumer know that they changed their paint formula to a more eco-friendly/low or no-VOC one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2014 11:07 PM PDT

Panasonic Dect 6.0 Expandable Titanium Digital Cordless Answering System - Dual Handset System (KX-TG9332T)
11 used & new from $44.93

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE PHONES!!!, September 15, 2009
These have got to be, hands down, the WORST cordless phones that I have ever used. As a few other recent reviewers have said, these phones lose connection with their bases ALL THE TIME. Forget finishing a call and putting the phone down on a table or something- the phone will be dead in a few minutes. If you do take the time to return the phone to the base unit every time, that still doesn't guarantee that it will work when the next call comes in. Also, the speaker phone feature disconnects a call. If you are talking and want to put the person on speaker, pressing the speaker button ultimately cuts the call off completely. Horrible. Unbearable.

I purchased this phone system after reading all good reviews (surprisingly)- and I assume the others that gave it one star did too, since it has been only in the last two months that these bad reviews are filtering in.

I called Panasonic today to see what they could do for me (since Amazon would not take it back after the 30 day window). They gave me a reset procedure to try and see if the phones functionality improves. If not, they are going to send me out a new system and have me send them back my defective unit. We'll see if that fixes the problem (I am skeptical b/c I believe the problem lies in the design of the circuit board, which would mean that EVERY unit of this model is defective and not one they can send me will work properly.)

I will update this review once this gets played out. Stay tuned...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME NIGHTLITE FOR GOING TO BED!, December 15, 2008
We already had a Cloud b Twilight Turtle - Constellation Night Light and got this Twilight Ladybug to use when we sleep at grandma's house. My daughter loved the turtle, and loves the ladybug even more! I will say, this one is much improved from the turtle we got over 2 years ago for a couple reasons... 1. the ON button also turns the light OFF as well on this ladbug (the turtle doesn't have the OFF option- you have to turn it off by the switch underneath if you want it off before the 45 min. automatic shutoff) 2. the stars are much clearer on the ceiling and there are more of them, including now a crescent moon cutout too (on the old turtle the stars appeared pretty blurry and there weren't as many of them to make a full sky on the ceiling). This ladybug really lights up the ceiling and fills it with stars and a crescent moon-- so gorgeous!! Not sure if you buy a turtle today that they have updated it with these improvements - most likely they have, but it would be wise to check and make sure before purchasing.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 3:09 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2