Profile for D. Jaster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Jaster "Tool Guy" RSS Feed (st. peters, missouri United States)

Page: 1 | 2
KONA French Press ~ Best Coffee Tea & Espresso Maker with 34-Ounce Heat Resistant Glass, Black ~ Perfect Present Idea for Birthday Gifts
Offered by Idylc Homes
Price: $25.98
6 used & new from $20.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great cup of brew., December 30, 2014
Brews a great cup of coffee. Much better then a drip coffee maker.

Charlee Bear Dog Treat, 16-Ounce, Liver
Charlee Bear Dog Treat, 16-Ounce, Liver
Price: $3.50
23 used & new from $3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by the entire pack, October 10, 2011
I have three boston terriers and one french bulldog, and they love these treats. The small size and low calories make them perfect for rewards. All of my dogs had a slight weight problem, but after switching their rewards to Charlee Bears (a better value as well) they have all lost the extra weight and are very fit. I feed them a high quality dog food and make sure they have the play/exercise time that they need, but the treats I was feeding before switching to Charlee Bears were too high in calories and too large. Their vet is happy, I'm happy, and most of all my dogs are happy. They love their Charlee Bears!

NcStar Small Tripod (ATS)
NcStar Small Tripod (ATS)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Value, July 3, 2011
This review is from: NcStar Small Tripod (ATS) (Sports)
I was looking for something inexpensive to hold my game camera, and this product looked like it might fit the bill. Due to the low price I was afraid that it would be poorly made, and that the camera would be too heavy for the tripod to support. But I figured "What the heck, for five bucks I'll take a chance". When I received the tripod I was impressed with the quality. It was far better made then what I expected, and it performed very well. Once the game camera was mounted the tripod took the load without sagging or needing any kind of additional support. After making the final aiming adjustments the product has held firm and has not needed any periodic tweeks. For five dollars I am very pleased.

The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings
by Brian Sibley
Price: $57.14
82 used & new from $13.72

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Masterpiece of Fiction and Fantasy, October 19, 2002
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Hardcover)
The Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest and perhaps most imitated works of fiction ever written. From the very begining the reader is drawn into a world of fantasy that compleatly surrounds. Tolkien brings the characters of Middle Earth to life in such detail and color that they seem as real as any name from history. As remarkable in it's rich detail and description as it is in it's plot, The Lord of the Rings is a must read for any fan of adventure or fantasy. My best advice is to spend the money to obtain a copy of the best quality that will last for a very long time, as this is a book that should be passed on from generation to generation.

Freud LU85R010 10-Inch 80 Tooth ATB Ultimate Cut-Off Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor and PermaShield Coating
Price: $77.15
20 used & new from $74.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Saw Blade - Worth Every Cent, May 12, 2002
This blade lives up to it's billing. It does cut as smooth as glass. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. Pair this blade with the Freud blade stabilizer and you have a cutting combo for your table saw that is hard to beat. (I would recommend cleaning the blade every now and then. Pitch build up does reduce the smoothness of the cut.) Chalk up another one for Freud!

Makita DA391DWD 3/8-Inch Cordless Angle Drill Kit
Makita DA391DWD 3/8-Inch Cordless Angle Drill Kit
3 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Bonus For Your Tool Kit!, April 9, 2002
This is one of those tools that you won't use that often, but when you need it you'll thank the stars that you have it. Nothing beats this drill for getting into tight places. It dosn't have the power that many "regular" drills in it's price range have, but it's not a regular drill. This tool has saved me a lot of time and cussing. The drill is tough, dependable, and fits in some very narrow spaces. Whenever I need to drill a hole or drive a screw in cramped quarters this is the tool I reach for. For general purpose use I grab my 3/8" Milwaukee, but for those hard to reach places nothing beats the Makita DA391DW!

PORTER-CABLE 42950 1/2-Inch Router Collet
PORTER-CABLE 42950 1/2-Inch Router Collet
Price: $14.90
10 used & new from $9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can I Say?, March 25, 2002
What can you say about a router collet? It fits the router and it work very well. The only drawback with it is it won't get me a cold beer when I'm done working.

Freud FT2000EP 3-1/4-Horsepower Electronic Variable Speed Plunge Router with Deluxe Edge Guide

4.0 out of 5 stars A Major Disapointment - NOT ANYMORE, March 25, 2002
The jury is still out on this one folks. I received the router quickly after ordering it and I was impressed with it when I saw it. A good solid machine. I was not too impressed with the edge guide. It appeared to be cheaply made and the coating was flaking off of it in rather large sheets. Oh Well...It was a freebie anyway so I didn't get too excited about it. I set the router up in my router table (which is why I bought it in the first place) and switched it on. It started fine, the soft start feature is great. I started routing a 1/16" chamfer in 1/4 inch oak and got about half way through the first cut when the router quit and gasped a small puff of blue smoke. That was about all she wrote. It wouldn't start again. I went through the bother of removing it from the table, repackaging it, and taking it back to UPS to return it. I did ask for a replacement rather then a refund, as I have several Freud tools and have been very pleased with the value and quality they offer. I trust that the router I had received was one of those rare lemmons that happens once in a while. But for now I can only rate it with one star. When I receive the replacement I will update my rating accordingly and give it a fair rating based on the tools quality and performance.
I will say this for Amazon.com, they make the return process as painless as possible. It was much easier then many store returns I have had to make.
UPDATE - I got the replacement router (very quickly I might add) and after a bit of a delay got it mounted in my router table. This time it performed as I expected. No problems this time. The machine ate through red oak with no problem. Each cut was smooth, and trouble free. This router has power to spare, at no time did it hesitate or bog down, (I must admit that on one occasion I tried to do so).
The only reason it gets 4 stars rather then 5 is due to the base plate. It is made of pliable plastic, and in my opinion not suitable for use as a hand held router unless the base plate is replaced. It does not appear to be perfectly flat and could cause imperfections in the cut. Freud should upgrade to a rigid phenolic plate. But otherwise a great value in a power tool.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little item for the workbench!, February 8, 2002
This set is a real time saver. Why didn't I think of this before?
No more time wasted time with minute measurments. The setup bars do it for you, take out any guesswork, and saves A LOT of time. I love'em.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Routers for Dummys (but lots of fun), February 8, 2002
This is a wonderful set of tapes for any novice to the router. I must admit that it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks. After watching this series I came away with several new ideas and more then a handfull of time saving tricks. Don't expect any award winning performances from our hosts, but it does what it's supposed to do, teach! I think this series is worth the money if you're a little iffy on using your router. I got mine out of the box after watching the tapes and went right to work making new kitchen cabinets, and you know what? They turned out great.

Page: 1 | 2