Profile for SMG > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SMG RSS Feed

Mystic Reaper Series Fly Rods: 9' 8 Wt 4-Piece
Mystic Reaper Series Fly Rods: 9' 8 Wt 4-Piece
Offered by The Fly Fishing Place
Price: $235.00
2 used & new from $235.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great rod., March 20, 2014
Mystic makes amazing rods and the reaper doesn't disappoint. This rod costs $250 but performs like a $600-$800 rod. I'm fairly new to fly fishing, taken a few casting lessons with my 5 wt reaper and every time my guide offers to buy my rod. I was worried the 8 wt wouldn't perform as well but it feels just amazing. Really throws the line out there. It's a rod that if you're new you can grow into and if you're experienced, it'll still impress. Hands down the best rod in this price point and it's turned me into a true mystic fanboy. Long live mystic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, once you understand it., March 5, 2009
At first, I opened the HDMI switcher. It didn't have a power adapter. So, I read the directions. "Works when connected to power source". But no adapter was provided. I went to Best Buy, got one of those generic plugs. Hooked it all up, nothing worked. Needed a 5V adapter and all they had was one that would switch from 4.5 to 6 V. Needless to say, i was pretty upset. Then, i signed on to Amazon here, and read everyone else's reviews.

They said it doesn't need the power adapter. So skeptically, I disconnected the adapter, hooked everything else back up. And sure enough, works like a charm. The remote doesn't work, but like everyone else says, you don't need it as long as you power down all of the other devices that are connected to the HDMI Switcher. Then you just power up what you want, and it automatically goes to that device.

Works like a champ once you try it without a power adapter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2009 4:47 PM PDT