Profile for Adam Dettore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam Dettore RSS Feed (melbourne, fl)

Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1-Channel Home Theater System
Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1-Channel Home Theater System

3.0 out of 5 stars Another piece to the many reviews out there, April 17, 2013
I picked this system b/c I wanted something more powerful than the dvd/blu ray home theater combo packages in a box at your local walmart/best buy. You know the ones I'm talking about... panasonic, sony. samsung. The problem was I got my hopes too high and this system is good but not great. Theres 2 major concerns I have with this.
1- I have a tv 60hz that has MFC. I wish i could tell you what that stands for but I can't remember at this time but what it does is it takes the video and speeds it up to mimic a 120hz look which i believe gives it a better picture overall. You can change this setting to low,med or high. I have it set to medium and whenever I watch my blu ray layer that bypass's the onkyo and goes straight into the tv the picture looks smooth and fast. When it is plugged into the onkyo and the onkyo, then of course to the tv, it shows a normal frame rate. It seems almost lagged. I looked for ways around this but cannot find one.
2- The bass is great for movies but for music it is terrible. It has no punch to it at all. For tv and such we dont need jimmy fallon to pack a punch in his voice but when we are watching or listening to something musical this system will really disappoint. I hate saying that too b/c I own it and want to be proud of it. i dont understand how a 10in sub could sound that awful and underpowered. I have the sub level to the max on the box and in the settings of the reciever.

Another thing I noticed is the 4 minature surround speakers if you take a flash light a look into it past the screen you will see these things only needed to be half the size. There is a speaker on the bottom and a nice big plastic X on the top where another speaker should have gone.

The positives are the speakers have great sound, the reciever does what it should besides the video issue.
USB on the front will play other things such as usb drive or android phone(not just ipod devices) however will not play any videos.

If I had to choose I would have picked something else. I ended up keeping this b/c I didnt want to deal with the hassle of packaging and shipping. The box is huge.

Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White)
Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White)
Offered by Integrity Woman
Price: $139.95
8 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Playfull ZE2, November 27, 2011
This camera is great. i did alot of comparison to the kodak Playful vs the Kodak playful original and its brothers the sport z3 and z5. The kodak playful ze2 (the product I'm reviewing) is excellent for theme parks, water parks, etc. Good on the go camera because i don't want to have to worry about dropping my regular camera or phone while this can take a 5ft drop and 10ft of waterproof. the original playful is not waterproof or drop proof. Now as far as video quality, this shoots 720 when the orignal playful shoots 1080. I hooked them both up to my tv and see no difference. As far as the sports they have a much brighter picture and smooth video as to where the playfulls are choppy if you move them too fast. Overall this camera is awesome and I have no complaints. love the hdmi and sd card slot. camera is lightweight and small. not as thin as i thought but still good. battery life is excellent, about 10 hrs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 9:29 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars review of the lasers, July 19, 2010
I decided to take a try and order these 3 laser pens from the laser shop. I heard good things about them. The shipping was fast and in 2 days my pens arrived. They sent me a 30mw 405nm blu/violet laser, a 30mw red laser, a 30mw green laser and a free red laser pen in a nice host.
All the pens have excellent divergence, the green has a very visable beam, and the star lens make them that much more awesome. I highly recommend the laser shop over other amazon sellers. i recently bought a 5mw green from another seller that died in a week. These are quality and all have a qc sticker on them to show the've been through QA and testing. They come in nice boxes with batteries included. 4 pens for 40 bucks with batterys, cases, and star lens, you can't beat it. I plan on buying from them again because I know they are good and wont die in a week.

Sabrent USB-2535 USB 2.0 to IDE Cable for 2.5-/3.5-/ 5.25-Inch Drive with Power Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, November 1, 2008
I'm not sure why this product has so many bad reviews but it doesn't deserve it. This is a excellent product and it works great for laptop hard drives and regular desktop hard drives. It worked perfect right out of the box and it was shipped fast. The product was not cheap as some described it and it looks as if it was updated since the original pictures of this product was taken. It is great for the money and I was able to save my data thanks to this usb-ide cord. =)