Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 611

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Umbra Imelda Stackable Shoe Rack
Umbra Imelda Stackable Shoe Rack
Price: $30.00
7 used & new from $26.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look and design., October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have 100 plus athletic shoes. I have them out on racks in my weight room, which gives a nice visual effect ( or exposes my addiction to the world, depending how you look at it). I have been using a 20 dollar rack system from Target that works fine but I do like the Umbra rack better.

It assembles without tools which is nice. Took me under 10 minutes to have it unboxed and together. Fit and finish is very nice. It has a nice color and design to it, with the curving sides. the shelves are a heavy duty mesh material. Two seperate single shelf units come per box and they stack into the two shelves you see pictured. It is stackable with more units and the method of stacking the two units you get is easy and secure. You could go probably 6 shelves high with out issue and it would be sturdy but light weight enough to move easily. Width is good as well.

Very nice shoe rack. I am happy with it.

Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer, Acai Berry, 12 Count
Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer, Acai Berry, 12 Count
Price: $23.99
10 used & new from $23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for sustaining energy on days when you are feeling good and don't need caffeine., October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a 6'3 215lbs person in my 40's who runs 5-6 times per week (2-3 miles at time) and lifts 4-5 times per week. I am not a coffee or soda drinker in my normal day but will either use coffee or a caffeinated pre-work out before exercise. I was interested in trying this product out as it didn't appear to be caffeine based and to see if it could be as effective.

I used it as directed, taking it 20-30 minutes before working out. I have also used it several times now since getting the box. It mixes OK, but not quite completely. I have usually been using about 12oz of water. Taste is not bad, but also not good. I derive no enjoyment out of the actual drinking process. It does just fine in my stomach and has caused me no issues while running or lifting. Also no issues later in the day stomach wise.

I could find no caffeine warnings on the box or on the individual packets. I know some have said there is no caffeine in here and others have listed there being 100mg. It is possible the 100mg of green tea extract may have some residual caffeine but it would be minimal at best and no where near the full 100mg. I don't get any feeling of it being caffeinated.

The ingredient list is good and consists of things I have used in supplement form in the past such as the green tea, ginger, turmeric, and rhodiola. All have some backing based on what I read prior to supping with them in the past.

I found the Vega sport energizer to work for me but not as well as caffeine. That is what I expected as caffeine is the most study and proven common performance enhancer. Vega kept me where I was at when I started the workout and I didn't suffer any drop off later in the workout. Since most of the time I go into working out with some decent energy, this is a good thing. If I am a little down or tired, I wasn't getting the "pop" that caffeine would give me though. I think Vega offers good support elements for working out though and as I don't like to caffeinated before every work, has a place in a training regiment. If you are someone who is completely off caffeine than this would be a good support sup to look at. I also found myself using it in the evening when I was running late on working out and when caffeinated stuff can mess with my sleep.

Mega Bloks Assassin's Creed Gunboat Takeover
Mega Bloks Assassin's Creed Gunboat Takeover
Price: $49.99
6 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good build quailty, instructions were good, all the pieces were enclosed., October 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mega Bloks does have some good game related licenses, with Assassin's Creed being one of them. The box art looked interesting on this one and I figured I would give it a go. Problem was I didn't dive into it right away once it came and after a few days my wife grabbed it to occupy a Saturday afternoon.

My wife completed the build in approx. 3 hours. She said it was fairly straight forward, all the pieces were included, and the instructions were fine. She did comment that having been used to our 10 year old sons lego builds, that the bags in this build were numbered but the numbering had nothing to do with which bags to use and when to use them. She also said that although during the build she wondered how it would all hold together, but when she got done it was very stable and the pieces held in place just fine.

Speaking of my 10 year old, my wife would agree with others reviewers that this was a bit to advanced for him to have done, or at least certainly done alone. A lot of small pieces, pieces that are similar in color, and more of a total build philosophy vs. the lego build one bag at a time model would have held him back. He did get to play with it at the end and it held up just fine.

The Yeti Files #1: Meet the Bigfeet
The Yeti Files #1: Meet the Bigfeet
by Kevin Sherry
Price: $7.17
49 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Not overly challenging but my 8 and 10 year olds loved it., October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This went to an 8 year old girl and 10 year old boy for review. They are both good readers and generally are asked to read harder books at this point in time. However, if given the chance, they love books like the Yeti files. It is 122 pages long with each page being a mix of writing and illustrations, with the pictures usually dominating. With-in a 2.5 hour period they had both read it once and my 10 year old boy had voluntarily read it a second time. My 8 year old has told me she is going to read it again tonight. They were both able to give me an accurate synopsis of the plot and characters. They also both said they liked the book a lot.

The book would be readable by most in the 7-10 age range. It is not going to be challenging for good or even average readers, and isn't really a chapter type book. That being said, reading should also excite at that age and be something they like to read and have in their hand. This book was that for both my kids. I actually expect it will get read a few more times this weekend by both.

Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser, 5 fl. oz.
Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser, 5 fl. oz.
Price: $20.00
8 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work to clear the skin and for me works better than soap or body wash., October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not one to use a separate facial cleaner but wanted to try one and see if it actually made a difference. I did Google glycolic acid prior to getting it and what I found indicated it was effective for helping shed dead skin cells. I have used this now both as a daily cleaner and did the 10 minute mask as well. I found the cleaner to work well for cleaning up pores around and on the nose. It removes oil better than my normal body wash. I have normal skin so it takes about an half hour or so for me to feel perhaps not to dried out, but at the end of the day my skin feels better and looks better even after working out. When I tried the mask, the skin was feeling very taunt and tight. In both cases the product washed of fine and left no lingering smells. I am using a nickel sized amount as directed and found that was plenty for daily use so the 5 oz tube should last a while. I had to use a little more for the mask. Overall this works better than just soap or body wash. I do recognize it is a premium priced product and it would be up to the buyer to decide what value to put on it

Vega Sport Performance Protein, Vanilla, Tub, 29.2 oz
Vega Sport Performance Protein, Vanilla, Tub, 29.2 oz
Price: $51.91
13 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Taste good, good amino profile, mixes well, includes digestive enzymes, October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been a user of various protein powders for 20+ years. I don't venture into plant based ones much as there haven't been a lot of choices out there, amino profile is incomplete, they tend to need a lot of sugar to hide the taste, and they are often spendy. NOW brand pea protein powder is one that I will still get from time to time as it is priced in line with whey powders and has a good amino profile. Issue is that it tastes beyond terrible, even when mixed with something that tastes good.

The Vega Sport protein blend looks to be mostly pea protein based on it being number one listed on the label. It has the same very sticky texture to it. In the taste I can pick up hints of it, but that being said Vega does a very nice job with the vanilla flavor in hiding the taste well and not having to have used a lot of sweetners (real or artificial) to have done it. I would give the taste a 5 as even in water it is fine to drink. It mixes well and fairly completely. No clumps or excessive floaters. It has caused me no digestive issues and it is listed as having some enzymes in it to help with digestion, which I have found over time does make a difference for me in protein blends.

Overall this is a powder that I would consider using regularly based on taste, mixability, and ingredients. Current MSRP would be something that holds me back however.

Zoot Sports Men's Ultra 2.0 CRX Short Sleeve Top, Black/Safety Yellow, 5
Zoot Sports Men's Ultra 2.0 CRX Short Sleeve Top, Black/Safety Yellow, 5
Price: $21.88
5 used & new from $21.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, good fabric with excellent compression, October 11, 2014
I am 6'3" 210-215lbs, approx 34.5" waist and approx 44" chest. Biceps approx 15.5". I ordered the size 5. Fit is good and tight in the chest, shoulders, and biceps. Fit is ok in the torso where it does compress, just not as tight a fit as the upper body for me. An inch or so of length would have helped but it wasn't bad and stays in place for the most part.

Material is a thick type that feels more like a normal shirt than a traditional cheaper compression garment. Very heavy duty. Stretch is a bit less because of this and getting on/off is a workout. That is what I wanted though in this shirt, so take that as a good thing. It does help keep the shoulders pulled back and muscles warm. I would think in warmer temps this would get a bit hot but at cooler temps it works great.

Zoot Sports Men's Ultra 2.0 CRX Shorts, Black/Safety Yellow, 4
Zoot Sports Men's Ultra 2.0 CRX Shorts, Black/Safety Yellow, 4
Price: $85.49
5 used & new from $85.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great material, good fit, very good compression, October 9, 2014
6'3" 210-215lbs. 34 1/2 to a 35 inch waist and 24-24 1/2 inch thigh. I ordered the size 4. It fits perfectly.

As someone who runs, lifts, and is getting older (over 40) I have been looking toward compression wear to help me feel better before, during, and after exercise. I have a lot of spandex/poly boxer briefs and compression briefs but have been looking for something that offers a lot more compression in the thigh/hamstring area without killing my groin of chaffing. I also wanted something more than just that under armour type fabric in a denser form. I had some 2XU socks and arm sleeves in the type of material I was looking for as well as the Zoot 2.0 crx calf sleeves.

These are exactly what I was looking for. They are not just a thicker version of normal spandex shorts and tights but rather have that feel of a more regular fabric with compression qualities. They compress my thighs far better than anything else I have. Fit in the hips and waist is good as well. I have no groin issues with these. That being said I would recommend having a stick of body glide on hand for any tight compression garment as there will be rub points from time to time. I also did not find them to be low cut and I think it helps if you bring them up the leg an inch or so from their initial sticking point. This gives you enough material to get it fitted into your crotch and up onto you hips. I found it lines up exactly where my normal shorts do.

Liked them so much I did order a second pair.

Serta Perfect Sleeper Gorham Firm Mattress, Queen
Serta Perfect Sleeper Gorham Firm Mattress, Queen
Price: $509.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mattress and a reasonable price. It is firm and supportive. It has improved my sleep quality., October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will start with the delivery process first. ABT trucking was who Amazon used to deliver this to our home. It came via full sized semi. They called the Friday before a Monday delivery to arrange the delivery and called again about 10 minutes prior to drop off on Monday. Mattress came well packaged in a full sized cardboard box and was also wrapped in a thick mil plastic. The delivery driver was very nice, helped me carry it in, and offered to take the cardboard as well.

The mattress itself is fantastic. It is one sided and listed as being firm. We replaced a coil mattress of 18 plus years (that we eeked a few years out of with a expensive memory foam topper) approx. a year ago with a Target mattress that was listed as extra firm and made of a thick layer of regular foam and a top layer of firm memory foam (Like a Tempurpedic). It was fine for slleping on one's back and I was initially enamored with it, over time though it just wasn't offering the support I needed in the pelvic region when side or stomach sleeping. Just to much weight in that area and couldn't keep the spine from sagging.

This mattress has no such issues. It offers great support when on my side and stomach. My back feels much better at night and in the morning. I am waking up less at night as well. The mattress top is not an overwhelming memory foam type material but offers a little taste of it. It does not feel like a Tempurpedic so don't expect that. I don't notice any overheating issues with the material but I have been sleeping on memory foams for some time now and am probably used to them. The mattress, despite having coils, does do an excellent job of stopping one persons movement from carrying over other parts of the mattress. I was actually surprised how much it deadened movements, which is great and in that regard does feel like a Tempurpedic. The reinforced side feature also works great. I tend to work the edge when side/stomach sleeping and the support there is outstanding.

Both my wife and I both like the mattress and are quite happy with it. It is also a very good value at where it is priced. I would recommend it.

Turtle Beach Ear Force XO One Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for Xbox One and Mobile Devices (TBS-2218-01)
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: $81.77
38 used & new from $75.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice headset that is very comfortable for extended wear., October 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The headphones are lightweight but of good quality. I have a large head (7 1/2 hat size) and these fit fine. There is a small pad under the top portion of these and the ear covers are very soft. The ear covers are also made of a breathable and sweat wicking material, which make the very comfortable when worn for a long period. The ear covers also are large enough to get my whole ear in comfortably with no pinch or compression points to cause issues over a long session. They seem to disappear on your head after a while which is a good thing.

Sound quality is decent. No fizzing, popping, or strange feedback noises. Bass is good but not over powering. These do seemed tuned more toward carrying voices well and those tones are very clear. The audio boom locks in and out securely. There is a plug in audio controller specifically for the xbox one.

These worked on all my devices, with the exception of my htc one M8. The M8 for some reason didn't want to identify it, I tried 4 other plug in headphones I had in the house with the M8 and they were fine. I think this is more the M8's issue than the head phones.

Overall a good moderate level gaming heatset that is comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20