Profile for D. MCKICHAN > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 609

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. MCKICHAN RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dyson DC50 Animal Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC50 Animal Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by I LOVE YOU
Price: $369.00
72 used & new from $279.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good vacuum in a compact package., September 13, 2014
I have a 6 year old DC07 animal. Target had the DC50 for half off so I decided to give it a try and see if the newer Dyson tech made a difference.

Set up is easy and straight forward. Plastic quality is OK but I thought the DC07 stuff was a little sturdier. The weight and size is about 2/3 that of the DC07, which is nice. Noise is significantly less as well.

Positives:

* Ball tech works and it steers better than the DC07.
* The low profile brush head gets under furniture better. I can get it a few inches under the bed, dresser, china cabinet, etc...that I can not do with the DC07.
* It seems to shed long hair better, which my wife and daughter have. The DC07 brush is coated in it, requiring periodic cut outs, where the DC50 head is clean.
* The head sticks close to the floor and works on carpet and hard floors. Less stuff gets kicked out from under it.
* The lightweight and small brush head make it easy to use it on stairs vs breaking out an attachment.
* Quieter.
* Debris pick up is equal to the DC07.
* Takes up less space to store than the DC07.

Negatives:

* Small canister size. I dump my DC07 after every vacuum so not losing anything there, but the debris gets stuck in between the center and sides in the small canister of the DC50 and doesn't want to simply drop out. I need to pull it out each time.
* Only failure I had with the DC07 was the hose broke at a seam as the plastic is thin. The non Dyson aftermarket hose I got has lasted 5 times as long and has better material despite being 1/4 the cost. The hose material in the DC50 is similar to that which failed in the DC07 so it concerns me.
* Shorter cord. I could get the whole floor with the DC07 cord placed centrally, I can't with the DC50. Providing the extra cord length won't have affected the size of the unit really at all.
* Like others have mentioned, you need to be cognizant of getting the unit clicked into the full upright position and making sure it is locked in.

Overall the positives outweigh the negatives and if choosing new would select the DC50 over the DC07. They are both nice vacuums however. DC50 is the way to go though if you are looking for lightweight and compact without sacrificing pick up power.

SKINS Unisex Adult Bio T&R Long Tights , Black, X-Large
SKINS Unisex Adult Bio T&R Long Tights , Black, X-Large
Price: $23.06
5 used & new from $23.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Was loose in the ankle area for me. Fabric OK., September 10, 2014
I am 6'3" 210-215. I size out at a LL on their chart but since I am long in the torso and short in the leg I went with the large. In jeans I am a 34/34. Length was perfect. Material is OK, nothing overly superior to other regular running tights I have though. Hips, thighs, calves are ok and there is decent compression. Those areas seem to be fitting very well. The ankle though is loose fitting and not compressed for me. If you zoom in on the model in the picture, you can see the wrinkles in the ankle area in a couple of the photo angles as well indicating looseness. My legs look like the models and the tights appear to fit the same on him as they do me.

Sub Sports RX Men's Graduated Compression Base Layer Long Sleeve Top - Red Stealth - XXL
Offered by SUB SPORTS LTD
Price: $48.00
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, good value, great compression properties, go one size up., September 8, 2014
I got this and a 2XU shirt the same week. Material wise they are both listed with the same materials and percentage of material. Weight and feel is identical. They are about twice the weight/density of a normal compression shirt. The Sub Rx has a rubber seam around the bottom to hold shirt in place the 2XU does not. I am 6'3" 210-215lbs with a 44" chest and 34" waist. I wear an XL in nike and UA, but can get XXL and still have it mildly compress. In this shirt I ordered the XXL same as the 2XU which was their basic nice shirt.

I have a muscular build and this shirt fits tight, but that is what I wanted and why I went Rx vs. normal compression stuff. In my chest, shoulders, arms it fits like a UA or Nike XL, just compresses more due to the density. 2XU felt the same. In the 2XU though I lost all compression in the torso, where the Sub Rx maintains it. 2XU also pulled up badly in the waist when arms went overhead, the Sub Rx though is not doing that and really has some nice torso length and stays put. Arms are long enough I need to fold over about an inch at the wrist. Both are nice shirts, the Sub Rx just fit my body type better.

Only negative I can see is that the seam lines do dig in the one that runs under the armpit that I notice but after a 3 mile run didn't result in chafing so I think it will be fine for an hour or so of running or lifting. Longer than that though I think it may iritate and cause an issue and I won't select this for all day wear or recovery.

Overall I liked it enough to order a second one in another color.

Full Boar Slingshot By Mark Bell (2XL 221-300 lbs)
Full Boar Slingshot By Mark Bell (2XL 221-300 lbs)
Offered by Gillingham High Performance
Price: $60.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I expected, well made, would buy again., September 4, 2014
I got exactly what I was expecting based on the other reviews and the youtube videos I watched. I am 6'3" 210-215lbs and got the XXL. I think it fits fine. It slides on easily and isn't compression tight or anything but stays in place and I think is how it supposed to fit seeing as I am at the lower end of the recommended weight and am tall. Buildwise it is very tough and looks like it should last me for years. The angled sleeves are comfortable as well.

I have never benched heavy and do most of my work in the 225 to 245 range, with 6-12 reps per set depending on the workout. I am in my 40's. I have never truly maxed but did 315x3 at one time, but it probably would be about my current limit to do it once now days. I am hoping this will let me work with a little more weight and get my weight up a bit while minimizing injuries.

I have found it is letting me get 2-3 reps more out comfortably. I can also work with slightly more weight and stay in that 6-12 rep range. It does help in the bottom end even when I go slow, so I am still working without it for half my sets. In that upper half range I am getting more work in and far more comfortably than simply lowering the weight half way down. I feel my technique is helped by getting a full range of motion movement in, while getting extra upper range work in. I can feel it in my chest. Also is locking my arms in and getting less "drift" when stressed which should reinforce good technique and minimize injury. Mentally it is a confidence booster and neat to hit some rep numbers I won't otherwise, which makes lifting more fun.

Overall I am very happy with it and would buy again.

RCA RDH705 2-Speed Dehumidifier, 70-Pint
RCA RDH705 2-Speed Dehumidifier, 70-Pint
Price: $215.99
7 used & new from $215.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of the box it is running very well and doing a nice job at a fairly low electrical draw., September 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Build quality seems very good. Fairly light for a 70 pint unit and is easy to carry and move. Set up, including unboxing took less than 5 minutes. Even on full fan it is fairly quiet. I have it hooked to a killawatt unit and at steady warmed up draw it is at 560-580 watts. I can hear a good flow of water when it is running and in my 900 sq ft basement easily controls the humidity levels (20-30% lowering). Temp it is operating in is currently 64-68 degrees without issue. I am very pleased with it initially. I will update again in a few months, likely after winter when I won't use it, to see if it held its coolant as the last two I have had (not rca's but different brands) have had pin hole leaks that weren't evident in the first few months.

Kobi Electric K7L6 12-watt (60-Watt) PAR30 LED 3000K Warm White Outdoor Flood Light Bulb, Non-Dimmable
Offered by WAD Enterprises, LLC
Price: $24.49
5 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, good flood and throw., September 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am using this outdoors in a two spot light set up on the rear of the house overlooking a raised deck. Build quality seems very good. It replaced a 23w cfl, with another 23w cfl remaining. The led I got is rated at 12w and 700 lumen. I notice no real world difference in output between it and the 23w cfl, which is a good thing powerwise. Biggest benefit is the instant on the led has vs. the long warm up of the cfl, especially when cold. The cfl's are great vs. incandesants when you want cheap light for a long time but are worthless when you need light asap, like in "hey what was that noise" situations. The led is now the best of both worlds. Light spread is very good to which I had wondered about. light color is also pleasing to my eye. Both light distance and spread are perfect for lighting the deck (12'x12' for mine) and most of the back yard. Price is high but still cheaper than what I have paid for mid level led flashlights with less than 700 lumens of performance. I got my first light here as a review model, but I like it enough I will be ordering the 2nd light on my own. It also looks good and is much smaller than the cfl, but still easily fits it the deep lighting socket. I will update in time on how it holds up outdoors and over the winter.

Adams Men's 799 Compression Retail Short, Medium, Kelly Green
Adams Men's 799 Compression Retail Short, Medium, Kelly Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice compression shorts, September 3, 2014
6'3" 215lbs, 34" waist. Went with the mediums and they fit great. Slightly thicker material than a normal pair of compression underwear so the compression effect is actually felt. Length wise they are mid thigh on me. Comfortable for sports or even all day wear if desired.

2XU Women's Compression Race Sock (White/Grey, Medium)
2XU Women's Compression Race Sock (White/Grey, Medium)
Price: $16.43
8 used & new from $16.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fabric, not knee high., September 3, 2014
Excellent quality, typical 2XU thick/dense fabric that gives great compression. The two reviews on the main page offer size guides but only one matched the white pair of socks my wife got. Her medium was labeled 9.5 -12 for shoe size and 14-15.5 inches for calf size. The rest of the chart matched up with the review on the front page that matches the medium measurements I mentioned. She wears a size 9 shoe but has calves in the correct range. These fit her just fine in the foot and in the part of the calf they covered. They are however not knee high. They are what I would call crew length or just slightly greater. The picture of the white version makes them look longer than they are. She has a similar pair of Zoots that she likes and likes these as well, but if you are looking for a full calf fit you should choose a different style.

Nerf Rebelle Agent Bow Blaster with purple arrows
Nerf Rebelle Agent Bow Blaster with purple arrows
Price: $29.96
7 used & new from $29.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 8 year old loves it, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an 8 year daughter who is generally into American girl dolls, stuffed animals, and Monster high. She recently went to a birthday party and before going went to Target to pick out a gift with my wife. I was a bit surprised when they came back with a Rebelle Bow set. I gave my wife a quizzical look and she simply said that my daughter gravitated to it the moment she saw it and didn't want to pick anything else as her gift to give. My daughter assured me it was a hit with the birthday girl as well. So I wasn't to worried she would like one of her own and she was thrilled when she pulled it out of the box.

Nerf does make fairly tough toys that have a better build than other toy weapons. The Rebelle line is no different. Colors and style wise the bow looks great. You have to snap the two sections together, tighten a screw, and add batteries. Takes just a minute or so. The bow shoots very well with god range. Easily crosses our backyard. The three arrows a fairly tough as well. They have cut outs on them that whistle when shot. Heads of arrows are soft. Easy to shoot after spending a few minutes demonstrating the proper technique. The "agent" part of the set just means they can read some pre-written words on the arrows and didn't hold my daughters attention long. The bow however is great and she really enjoys it.

Zoot Sports Women's Performance 2.0 CRX Socks, Pink/White, Medium
Zoot Sports Women's Performance 2.0 CRX Socks, Pink/White, Medium
18 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, good compression, slightly less than knee high, September 1, 2014
I got a pair of mediums for my wife who wears a size 9 shoe. They fit fine in the foot and calf. They are of good quality and a dense material. I recently got her a pair of Zensahs and they are of the same quality. They do run about 1" or so shorter than the zensahs so they aren't knee high. They are higher then a crew sock though. Initially she was worried they might slip down, but that is not the case as they compress nicely and she has worn them now for several runs without issue. She has just recently gotten into the better compression socks and feels they make a difference for her.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20