ARRAY(0x9d8e0240)

Helpful Votes: 1965

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. MCKICHAN RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Star Wars: Maul - Lockdown
Star Wars: Maul - Lockdown
by Joe Schreiber
Price: $15.26
61 used & new from $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one sitting, good book for the style it is., April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I read Darth Plagueis first and then Maul lockdown immediately after. Palgueis was OK and filled out a lot of the back story leading up to episode 1. It covered a 20 plus year time period so the stories with-in were shorter and never lasted more then a chapter. about half way through it became more about Palpatine then Palgueis, which was fine and worked for the book. As the book led up to episode 1 and both Plaguies and Palpatine were more business man and politician respectively, the book was short on action. I read it over the course of a few days and although good and informative, it wasn't a barn burner. Like Episode 1, trade disputes, etc....figured heavily into it.

Maul lockdown moved at a much more rapid pace. Maul had been mentioned and seen in Palgueis and I was interested to see if he would be more developed here in that same way. Were Plagueis and Sidious were intellectuals, Maul was not and they looked down on him, with Sidious at the same time being a bit defensive of him around Plaguies. I found the same to be true in this book. There was some interactions involving Plagueis and Palpatine in the book that fit into the time frame of Darth Palgueis and the story arc of Maul Lockdown actually played into a plot that occurs near the end of Plagueis.

This is a single story told over the span of about a week or so. It is full of fighting and action. Much of it is over the top gore. There are several characters that are interesting and the book moves ahead well and never bogged down for me. Maul is a fighter and not a thinker. I am OK with that. This book is like the summer action movie in that it didn't stop moving and ramped up the action as it went.By the end it is throwing a lot at you at one time, kind of a smorgasbord of Star Wars characters. I liked it and wasn't looking anything else in it. It surprised me in that I actually liked it a bit more than Plagueis.

Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging
Motorola S10-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging
Price: $44.99
85 used & new from $31.18

4.0 out of 5 stars They are OK, a bit tight over time, April 16, 2014
They seem to be robust and well built. They charge OK, nothing lighting quick but do seem to last a while. Volume is OK and adjustable. They seem to work with-in a 20 foot or so range no problem. I wear a 7 1/2 hat (meaning a bit bigger head) and I am comfortable wearing these for 25-30 minutes. and don't really notice them. After that they do start to irritate just above the ear where the pressure is placed to keep them on. It is a harder plastic that they are built from, hence the aforementioned robustness, but that means not a lot flex and pretty good pressure. They are not going to slip off once on, which is good. I saw another reviewer mentioned he flipped his over and that solved the problem. I tried that but found them a bit irritating as they were in the jawline for me and made it so I couldn't turn my head with out being constricted. For me they are keepers, but only because I only run for 25-30 minutes at a time. If I were consistently going longer I don't think I could keep them on.

McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System
McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System
Price: $169.99
2 used & new from $151.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Good steam cleaner with a wealth of attachments, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had the smaller heavy duty version of this machine and have liked it. This version is a step up with variable control pressure and a pressure gauge. It also ships with far more attachments. Pretty much any type of brush you might need is included with this unit.

Build wise it is quite good, with what appears to be fairly robust plastic used throughout. It will hold 48 ounces of water, which last for quite some time. Basic thought here is to replace chemicals which sanitize and break up deposits with hot steam/water which can do the same thing. If you can get it wet and get it just over 212 degrees in heat, you can use this machine on it. It isn't magic and won't make things disappear on there own, you will still need to scrub and soak up/remove the gunk you are dissolving.

The mop attachments and cloth work well on smooth surfaces. It is big enough to cover ground quickly. It is 13"x8.5". There are scrappers, brushes, two lengthening rods, bristled attachments, nozzled high pressure attachments and a bag to store them in. It is bit spendy but I have had my other unit for 3-4 years now without issue and at least for me, this is something I use for special projects or less then weekly floor cleaning in the kitchen and bathroom so it should last years as well. The McCulloch units get very favorable reviews and they have been making stream cleaners for years. I got my last one based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews at the time and I would agree with them. This is a better unit then my other one with more pieces to let me expand its uses.

Marvel Comics Captain America Performance Athletic Costume T-Shirt (Adult X-Large)
Offered by newbury-comics
Price: $22.20
4 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., April 16, 2014
I have one of the under armour alter ego compression shirts but didn't get more due to pricing on that line. Saw these and figured I would give one a try as they look great. I am 6'3" 210 with a muscular build. I saw the sizing reviews on all the various character versions seemed to trend toward being to small. I have some poly/ spandex blended non compression shirts so knew somewhat, what to expect materialwise. I usually get XL's but can sometimes do a XXL. I went with the XL here as I was OK going a little tighter as this was going to be a workout shirt vs. a normal wear one.

XL for me was form fitting in the arms, chest, and shoulders which is what i was looking for in a workout shirt. There is just enough spandex in the blend to give it some stretch. In the mid section it hung loose but is a narrow cut. It is like a combination normal shirt and compression garb. If you have an althletic build you will likely be OK with it in your normal size. If you are looking to have it hang even a little bit loose in the upper chest/ shoulder/ arms or resemble a more traditional t-shirt look I would say to go one size larger. If this shirt lacked the spandex element and was just cotton or non-stretch polyester it would be to small for me in the XL.

Material is OK considering the price, with it being a little thinner then normal in this type of fabric. It will pull a bit if you get in contact with some items. The printing on the shirt is awesome and it really does look as good as the photo. I ordered one just to see how it looked a fit. I will likely get a few more and have already ordered the Boba Fett version. Very cool shirts, great price.

SKLZ Quickster Soccer Combo System with Two Nets and One Frame, 8 x 5-Feet
SKLZ Quickster Soccer Combo System with Two Nets and One Frame, 8 x 5-Feet
Price: $122.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set., April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Comes packed well and had no issues with set up or parts. It is easy to put together and great for both a backyard or a big field. The rebounder is a nice touch an is vertical vs. a softball type rebounder which makes it work for the sport. I have a 7 and 9 year old using it, and for us it is actually a larger net then we had and sizewise is similar to what they have been using for ymca soccer. I don't see any issues with it holding up to our use. I will try an update a year from now with how the various bungee materials have held up as I have seen time/ temp sometimes tae a toll on those components. Good value here though with both the net and rebounder contained in one system.

The Odd Squad Zero Tolerance (An Odd Squad Book)
The Odd Squad Zero Tolerance (An Odd Squad Book)
by Michael Fry
Price: $11.07
57 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 year old loved it., April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
9 year old son loved it and finished it over a few days. I caught him laughing out loud a couple of times. I asked him what he thought at the end of the book and he said he both liked he story but also the pictures through out. My 7 year old daughter is reading it now after the 9 year olds recommendation.

Venum Elite Boxing Gloves, Black/Red/Grey, 16-Ounce
Venum Elite Boxing Gloves, Black/Red/Grey, 16-Ounce
Offered by Triple Play
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves., April 13, 2014
This review is from: Venum Elite Boxing Gloves (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These have a very nice fit and finish to them. They had very little chemical smell to them if any when they arrived. I have a similar pair of 16oz fight monkey gloves and these are there equals. They work great on the bag and I wear out before my wrist and joints start to hurt as the shock absorbtion on these gloves is good.

EAS Recovery Protein Powder, Chocolate, 1.8 Pound
EAS Recovery Protein Powder, Chocolate, 1.8 Pound
Price: $19.97
28 used & new from $19.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a post workout recovery mix, not your protein replacement otherwise., April 12, 2014
This is a good mix that is designed and intended to be taken immediately after you workout. It is in that window when your muscles are pulling in more nutrients then they normally would. Hence why it is called "recovery" protein, although the high amount of carbs in this mix is equally important. Due to those same carbs, you would not use this for a true protein replacement. Most whey proteins have around zero carbs if they are decent. This mix has 41 grams with 17 of those as sugars. That is great for that drink with-in 10-60 minutes of working out, just not so much if you are looking to add more protein to your diet through out the day.

It mixes well and tastes decent.

Flora Udo's Choice Adult Blend Probiotic 60 Capsules
Flora Udo's Choice Adult Blend Probiotic 60 Capsules
Offered by The Frogs Pond
Price: $16.14
15 used & new from $13.20

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I have found, April 9, 2014
Although expensive, this is the best probiotic (along with their Super 8 version) I have tried and I have tried most. I think I have also given most supplements know to man a try at some point for both fitness and general health reasons. I haven't had any bad reactions per say, but lets just say most also haven't really done anything for me either other then drain the wallet. This probiotic is different.

Stomach wise, this stuff has been great for regulating the gut. I drink a lot of protein shakes, etc... and they tend to flow through one rather quickly if you know what I mean. This probiotic has noticeably helped eliminate gas and firm things up. I have also given it to the wife and kids when they have gotten stomach flus and it has worked overnight in those cases. This is also the first complete winter in which I have gone without a single cold. I have read of this effect in other reviews and discounted it, but I am now a believer in the whole "gut health boosts overall immunity".

These are worth a try if you are looking at addressing stomach and bowel issues. They are my first choice, along with the Flora Udo Super 8's. Probiotics in general are one of only about 5-6 supplements I have found in the past 20 years that I can feel and see results from.

North American Healthcare Foot Rocker
North American Healthcare Foot Rocker
Offered by FireBall
Price: $11.73
19 used & new from $6.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, feels a bit smaller then the pro stretch brand, April 9, 2014
I have both this one and the more expensive pro stretch one. I keep one at home and one at work. Build quality wise they are identical. The plastics are the same thickness, they weight about the same, the protective strips on the bottom are the same, etc.... For 1/3 the price you aren't getting anything more cheaply made with this rocker.

I use them as a stretching device only, and do so wearing shoes.

Difference for me (I wear size 12's) is that the north american version seems to be a bit smaller and the heel cup smaller as well. I prefer the pro stretch as my size 12's fit in it better and it seems to give me a better stretch. If you have feet smaller than that though or plan on using it barefoot, the north american one is by far the better value at the current price point, which is again about 1/3rd of the other.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20