Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 611

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kreg KSC-1470-8 Automaxx Standard Sliding Bar Clamp, 8-Inch
Kreg KSC-1470-8 Automaxx Standard Sliding Bar Clamp, 8-Inch
Price: $29.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clamp at a reasonable price, check packaging for non-marring pads., November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The tool is well built, with no burring, or obvious manufacturing defects. Reminds me of a vise grips c-clamp that can slide and cover 8". The tension is easily adjusted via screw with in the hinge. Lock in is great and holds tight. Handle is big enough for most hands. Price is inline with other similar clamps I have purchased. Really no negatives to point out at all with the clamp itself and I would recommend.

Like other reviewers have pointed out, the plastic non-marring pads are hidden with-in the packaging and you need to pull the sticker back to remove them. If you are not looking for these, I can see a lot getting tossed with the packaging. I think enough Amazon reviewers are pointing it out to hopefully prevent this with clamps ordered here.

Chamois Butt'r GoStik Skin Lubricant, 2.5-Ounce
Chamois Butt'r GoStik Skin Lubricant, 2.5-Ounce
Offered by Dave 'n' Mark's
Price: $13.58
20 used & new from $10.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great to prevent chafing while exercising., November 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works great to prevent chafing. I use it in the groin and under the arm in the lat area as compression gear can chafe me in both areas when I run. Can work on foot hot spots as well. I also have the body glide brand in stick form. They are equals. You don't have to use much to get the preventive effect. If you have a couple problem areas I recommend using this as it helps a lot.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil, 4 fl. oz.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil, 4 fl. oz.
Price: $32.00
2 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife approves, November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This went to my wife to use. She is in her mid-30's and has been trying some natural oil based cleaners recently. She really liked this one. She said it worked well, in that it cleaned effectively. She said it was light and left no residue. Also said it has not caused any adverse reactions or break outs for her. The cleaners she was using prior to my asking her to try this one have not re-appeared on our counter and she has told me she will use this one until it is gone as she likes it.

Hoover WH20420PC FloorMate Steam Scrub Touch Hard Floor Steamer
Hoover WH20420PC FloorMate Steam Scrub Touch Hard Floor Steamer
Price: $125.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good basic unit that is built well and produces good heat and steam., November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It comes well packaged with heavy duty pressed/shaped cardboard inserts to secure it during shipping. I think it actually took me longer to unbox it then it did to assemble it. That is a good thing if your are getting this via UPS, FedEx, etc.....

The unit itself is sturdy and snaps together easily. It is stable enough to stand upright on its own. There is a tank that holds both water and cleaning solution separately. There is a hard water filter integrated in it as well. I ran mine with distilled water. It comes with two machine washable cleaning cloths that attach to the bottom as well as a plastic carpet floater. The cloths are held on via a Velcro type attaching, which works well. That piece does lift of to expose a set of tile brushes. Overall built pretty well for its price point and I don't anticipate any issues. It has a long cord which is also nice.

It powers up fine and is producing steam with in under 30 seconds. Pretty good steam production. If you have used a steam cleaner before, they work fine but you still need to scrub and put some effort into cleaning. Steam heats and sanitizes, the little water that remains helps remove the soil and it gets collected onto the rag. Solution does help and does clean better. I have been running it water only to avoid chemicals and it has been good in that regard. Hasn't been overproducing water for me either so dry time is very quick.

Imelda Stackable Shoe Rack, Black
Imelda Stackable Shoe Rack, Black
Price: $30.00
7 used & new from $23.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look and design., October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have 100 plus athletic shoes. I have them out on racks in my weight room, which gives a nice visual effect ( or exposes my addiction to the world, depending how you look at it). I have been using a 20 dollar rack system from Target that works fine but I do like the Umbra rack better.

It assembles without tools which is nice. Took me under 10 minutes to have it unboxed and together. Fit and finish is very nice. It has a nice color and design to it, with the curving sides. the shelves are a heavy duty mesh material. Two seperate single shelf units come per box and they stack into the two shelves you see pictured. It is stackable with more units and the method of stacking the two units you get is easy and secure. You could go probably 6 shelves high with out issue and it would be sturdy but light weight enough to move easily. Width is good as well.

Very nice shoe rack. I am happy with it.

Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer, Acai Berry, 12 Count
Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer, Acai Berry, 12 Count
Offered by Harvest Moon Natural Foods
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for sustaining energy on days when you are feeling good and don't need caffeine., October 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a 6'3 215lbs person in my 40's who runs 5-6 times per week (2-3 miles at time) and lifts 4-5 times per week. I am not a coffee or soda drinker in my normal day but will either use coffee or a caffeinated pre-work out before exercise. I was interested in trying this product out as it didn't appear to be caffeine based and to see if it could be as effective.

I used it as directed, taking it 20-30 minutes before working out. I have also used it several times now since getting the box. It mixes OK, but not quite completely. I have usually been using about 12oz of water. Taste is not bad, but also not good. I derive no enjoyment out of the actual drinking process. It does just fine in my stomach and has caused me no issues while running or lifting. Also no issues later in the day stomach wise.

I could find no caffeine warnings on the box or on the individual packets. I know some have said there is no caffeine in here and others have listed there being 100mg. It is possible the 100mg of green tea extract may have some residual caffeine but it would be minimal at best and no where near the full 100mg. I don't get any feeling of it being caffeinated.

The ingredient list is good and consists of things I have used in supplement form in the past such as the green tea, ginger, turmeric, and rhodiola. All have some backing based on what I read prior to supping with them in the past.

I found the Vega sport energizer to work for me but not as well as caffeine. That is what I expected as caffeine is the most study and proven common performance enhancer. Vega kept me where I was at when I started the workout and I didn't suffer any drop off later in the workout. Since most of the time I go into working out with some decent energy, this is a good thing. If I am a little down or tired, I wasn't getting the "pop" that caffeine would give me though. I think Vega offers good support elements for working out though and as I don't like to caffeinated before every work, has a place in a training regiment. If you are someone who is completely off caffeine than this would be a good support sup to look at. I also found myself using it in the evening when I was running late on working out and when caffeinated stuff can mess with my sleep.

Mega Bloks Assassin's Creed Gunboat Takeover
Mega Bloks Assassin's Creed Gunboat Takeover
Price: $49.99
8 used & new from $46.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Good build quailty, instructions were good, all the pieces were enclosed., October 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mega Bloks does have some good game related licenses, with Assassin's Creed being one of them. The box art looked interesting on this one and I figured I would give it a go. Problem was I didn't dive into it right away once it came and after a few days my wife grabbed it to occupy a Saturday afternoon.

My wife completed the build in approx. 3 hours. She said it was fairly straight forward, all the pieces were included, and the instructions were fine. She did comment that having been used to our 10 year old sons lego builds, that the bags in this build were numbered but the numbering had nothing to do with which bags to use and when to use them. She also said that although during the build she wondered how it would all hold together, but when she got done it was very stable and the pieces held in place just fine.

Speaking of my 10 year old, my wife would agree with others reviewers that this was a bit to advanced for him to have done, or at least certainly done alone. A lot of small pieces, pieces that are similar in color, and more of a total build philosophy vs. the lego build one bag at a time model would have held him back. He did get to play with it at the end and it held up just fine.

The Yeti Files #1: Meet the Bigfeet
The Yeti Files #1: Meet the Bigfeet
by Kevin Sherry
Price: $7.17
43 used & new from $5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Not overly challenging but my 8 and 10 year olds loved it., October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This went to an 8 year old girl and 10 year old boy for review. They are both good readers and generally are asked to read harder books at this point in time. However, if given the chance, they love books like the Yeti files. It is 122 pages long with each page being a mix of writing and illustrations, with the pictures usually dominating. With-in a 2.5 hour period they had both read it once and my 10 year old boy had voluntarily read it a second time. My 8 year old has told me she is going to read it again tonight. They were both able to give me an accurate synopsis of the plot and characters. They also both said they liked the book a lot.

The book would be readable by most in the 7-10 age range. It is not going to be challenging for good or even average readers, and isn't really a chapter type book. That being said, reading should also excite at that age and be something they like to read and have in their hand. This book was that for both my kids. I actually expect it will get read a few more times this weekend by both.

Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser, 5 fl. oz.
Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser, 5 fl. oz.
Price: $20.00
9 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work to clear the skin and for me works better than soap or body wash., October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not one to use a separate facial cleaner but wanted to try one and see if it actually made a difference. I did Google glycolic acid prior to getting it and what I found indicated it was effective for helping shed dead skin cells. I have used this now both as a daily cleaner and did the 10 minute mask as well. I found the cleaner to work well for cleaning up pores around and on the nose. It removes oil better than my normal body wash. I have normal skin so it takes about an half hour or so for me to feel perhaps not to dried out, but at the end of the day my skin feels better and looks better even after working out. When I tried the mask, the skin was feeling very taunt and tight. In both cases the product washed of fine and left no lingering smells. I am using a nickel sized amount as directed and found that was plenty for daily use so the 5 oz tube should last a while. I had to use a little more for the mask. Overall this works better than just soap or body wash. I do recognize it is a premium priced product and it would be up to the buyer to decide what value to put on it

Vega Sport Performance Protein, Vanilla, Tub, 29.2 oz
Vega Sport Performance Protein, Vanilla, Tub, 29.2 oz
Price: $49.99
8 used & new from $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Taste good, good amino profile, mixes well, includes digestive enzymes, October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been a user of various protein powders for 20+ years. I don't venture into plant based ones much as there haven't been a lot of choices out there, amino profile is incomplete, they tend to need a lot of sugar to hide the taste, and they are often spendy. NOW brand pea protein powder is one that I will still get from time to time as it is priced in line with whey powders and has a good amino profile. Issue is that it tastes beyond terrible, even when mixed with something that tastes good.

The Vega Sport protein blend looks to be mostly pea protein based on it being number one listed on the label. It has the same very sticky texture to it. In the taste I can pick up hints of it, but that being said Vega does a very nice job with the vanilla flavor in hiding the taste well and not having to have used a lot of sweetners (real or artificial) to have done it. I would give the taste a 5 as even in water it is fine to drink. It mixes well and fairly completely. No clumps or excessive floaters. It has caused me no digestive issues and it is listed as having some enzymes in it to help with digestion, which I have found over time does make a difference for me in protein blends.

Overall this is a powder that I would consider using regularly based on taste, mixability, and ingredients. Current MSRP would be something that holds me back however.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20