Profile for Leslie Ann Farrar > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leslie Ann Farrar RSS Feed

Healthforce Vitamineral Green V5.2, Powder, 500-Grams
Healthforce Vitamineral Green V5.2, Powder, 500-Grams
Price: $58.39
21 used & new from $57.85

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS WHEAT GRASS - DON'T BUY IF YOU HAVE WHEAT ALLERGIES/SENSITIVITIES., November 8, 2013
I did NOT do my homework on this one. I read the feedback and did NOT read the ingredients. Imagine my dismay when I tried this and had a bad reaction to it, only to find out it contains WHEAT GRASS. I am HIGHLY allergic to WHEAT. The mistake is mine and and, on that basis, I just spent almost $70 for something I will probably end up tossing in the dumpster.

I guess the problem I have with the product and the advertising for it is this. MANY people have WHEAT allergies and WHEAT allergies are a hot topic in health circles. It seems to me that the makers of this product would want to be REALLY clear about the WHEAT GRASS in their product. Fortunately, I took such a small amount in my morning smoothie that I was able to realize what I'd ingested and counteract it before any real damage was done. But, I am angry about it. First, I'm angry at myself for being so trusting and not reading the label carefully. And, I'm also angry at the company for not being more "up front" about the WHEAT GRASS in their product.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 11:47 AM PDT

KATHY SMITH TIMELESS COLLECTION: BODY BOOMERS Workout
KATHY SMITH TIMELESS COLLECTION: BODY BOOMERS Workout
DVD ~ Kathy Smith
Price: $8.48
21 used & new from $5.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Do You Know How Old This Woman Is???, September 11, 2013
I'm giving this workout DVD 1 star so that people will read it. I'm in my early 60s and I always think that I should get a "pass" on doing the hard stuff in workouts. Until, that is, I found out how old Kathy Smith is. I keep thinking she's, like, 35. Guess again my friends. She was born in December, 1951!! So that makes her, at the time of this writing, 61 years old . . . almost 62!!

I guess I have no more excuses! I "get" that Kathy Smith has been doing this for her whole life. I "get" that Kathy Smith is in shape and I'm not. But, come on! I just think if SHE can get up in the morning and decide to keep her body in shape, I can do the same thing! And, to take a page from Diane Nyads' book (Diane Nyad is the 64 year old woman who, recently, swan the 110 miles from Havana Harbor in Cuba to Key West in the USA WITHOUT the aid of a shark cage.), "FIND A WAY!"
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 9:18 AM PST

The Little Red Hen: A Children's Picture Book and Story (Illustrated) (Children's Picture Books)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The Download did NOT work!!!, August 29, 2013
HELP, Amazon. I downloaded this book for the Kindle on my PC and the download failed. I did not get the pictures at all - the cover picture only was downloaded about 1/8 and there are no pictures inside the book. I don't want to download again for fear the same thing will happen. What do I do???

Just Let Me Lie Down: Necessary Terms for the Half-Insane Working Mom
Just Let Me Lie Down: Necessary Terms for the Half-Insane Working Mom
by Kristin Van Ogtrop
Price: $13.58
97 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Erma Bombeck, she's not!!, August 22, 2013
Someone said this was a good bathroom book . . . . read a few lines and then, put it down until next time. I would agree it IS a bathroom book . . . in the same way the Sears Catalog used to be an Out-House Book, used appropriately in the Out-House. Thank GAWD I didn't actually purchase this book but got it from a rummage sale for a quarter. For the record, I am a mother, was a single parent for years, finished college WHILE working/being a single parent, and did it all on LESS than a 6-figure income.

Someone save me from rich, spoiled, coddled, skinny, over-educated, over-paid women who think the world can even remotely relate to them and their snobbery. And, by the way, this is true about women of ALL races! Real women are kind people who use their resources as wise stewards - not as people who throw money around to prove they're better than other women. SHAME ON YOU, Kristin!

The Story of Little Black Sambo
The Story of Little Black Sambo

1.0 out of 5 stars Racist??? I don't think so!, August 10, 2013
I gave this book One Star simply to be able to get people who think this is a racist book to read my review.

If we call this little boy Little White Sammie; call his mother White Mommie and his father White Papa, would people of color STILL think this is a racist book?

This is a book about a little boy who gets wonderful things from his mother and father and then, has a great adventure in the jungle. If people of color think they have a corner on jungle stories or stories about tigers or stories about mothers who make their child beautiful clothes, THEN I'll agree that this is a book about a particular race of people.

In 1932, when this book was written and the pictures were drawn, it was a wonderful children's story that many children of all races got to read and hear growing up. The names given the characters have only become derogatory in recent times because people take offense when they are looking for insults.

I'd LOVE if the child was a little Jewish girl and the parents were Jewish parents. Or, if the child was a little white boy with white parents. Children learn bigotry and racism from their parents and families, who teach them that everyone is out to hurt them. Children learn to fear others who are different from them because their families teach them that there is a boogey-man around every corner and under every bed.

Let's just ALL "get over it!"
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 11:30 AM PDT

Licensed to Thrill: Volume 5 Hunting Reacher Short Reads: The Hunt for Jack Reacher Series

3.0 out of 5 stars I Was Confused . . ., April 19, 2013
Well, I read these books because I really love mysteries. In fact, I usually read a book every two days and they are usually several hundred pages long. I'm a big fan of P.D. James, Martha Grimes, Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Robert B. Parker, the Kellermans, etc. In License to Thrill: Volume 5, the first of the "books" was like reading an M.C. Beaton mystery. Short, pretty easy to read, nothing intellectual about it. The next few were about a character named Jack Reacher. I don't know if I missed something or I'm just stupid. I saw a recent movie starring Tom Crusie in which the main character was named Jack Reacher. Was the movie written by Diane Capri? Did she steal the character from the movie to use in her books? I was TOTALLY confused by that. The writing in these "books" was better and less "cute-sy" than the first one and I did enjoy reading them more. But then, Volume 5 went on to include about 5 or 6 other "books," and by that time, I was "tapped out." I grabbed a Martha Grimes (Inspector Jury) book and read that. I never went back to License to Thrill: Volume 5. Maybe my review is not worth a lot. But, I read A LOT and I like mysteries that have some "guts" to them. I like to be challenged by the mystery. These were not challenging. They were pleasant to read but not challenging. Many of my favorite writers have either died or have stopped writing because they're reaching an age when they want to retire. P.D. James hasn't written a book in several years; Robert B Parker died; Martha Grimes only wrote one mystery in 2011, and none since. I think there are not nearly enough good mystery writers in the world and I am always looking for the next GREAT one to come along. These books did not fill that bill for me.

Untitled, Framed Art Print by Keith Haring
Untitled, Framed Art Print by Keith Haring

1.0 out of 5 stars Scammed again!!, July 14, 2012
I went looking for framed copies of Keith Haring's prints, because I am furnishing a house for a friend who LOVES Keith Haring's work. I found this framed print on Amazon.com Used for around $50 plus shipping. I was excited, to say the least. The item looked legit and I bought it right away. A few hours later, I got an email notice from the Seller, saying the deal was cancelled because the item was out of stock. How can the item be out of stock if it is one-of-a-kind and used, to boot. Now I know why the sale was cancelled. I just looked up the same print on Amazon.com and the price NOW for this print framed is $149.xx!! I guess the Seller just didn't want to "take a bath" for his posting mistake! I think the Seller should be made to honor the original sale! I think I got taken advantage of.

My opinion? If the Seller is this unscrupulous about a mistake he/she made, how honest and trustworthy will this Seller be for other sales? For my money, find a different place to buy this print!

Plaid AD539CA DD 10th Anniversary Brush Set
Plaid AD539CA DD 10th Anniversary Brush Set
Price: $25.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Screwed By Their Computer System!!!, May 23, 2011
I ordered these brushes from PLAID and mistakenly (although I don't remember doing it and I was VERY careful) hit the "complete Order" button twice. Imagine MY surprise when I received TWO confirmation letters for my TWO (identical) orders. I IMMEDIATELY contacted the Seller asking him/her/it to cancel one of the orders and even provided the order number. I received a note back saying that their computer system did not allow them to cancel orders and that I would have to "refuse" one of the orders when it arrived at my end and pay shipping both ways, as they would only credit me for the items and not the postage.

I was incensed!! In this economy, how DARE they not provide excellent Customer Service. Actually, in ANY economy, how DARE they not provide excellent Customer Service. In spite of liking the products they sell, I will certainly find another source - Dick Blick, Cheap Joe, or WALMART!!! Small businesses such as PLAID must have so much personal cash that they don't need us LOWLY customers to survive. Maybe I'LL go into the business of selling the same products and put these poor schmucks out of business.

My FREE advice (worth every penny you're paying for it) . . . DON'T buy from this outfit if you are a human being. They must get a kick-back from the USPS!!!

Herb & Dorothy
Herb & Dorothy
DVD ~ Will Barnet
Price: $17.77
8 used & new from $13.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Love Story Ever Told, March 21, 2011
This review is from: Herb & Dorothy (DVD)
The first time I saw this movie, I was simply blown away. It is SUCH a love story. Imagine two little nebbishes finding each other, finding that they have in common their love of art, marrying each other and spending their lives together (almost exclusively) living for their love of art. No writer could have written a fiction story of this magnitude and gotten away with it. While art is the focal point of this story, when you look through the art to the people, you realize that the story is really about how these two people nurtured their obsession for beauty by feeding their souls with art. Wow! I wish my life was this successful!!

Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!
by Kris Carr
Price: $14.47
96 used & new from $6.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good feelings; not a lot of substance., February 26, 2011
I learned about Kris Carr through my adult daughter, who is a vegetarian, I think. My daughter and I often share information about people and things that seem to revolve around being the best people we can be. On that note, I find it interesting and positive that this woman "beat" cancer. I have known a few women that have done so. I have also known women who have died of a variety of cancers. And while I like to read about and learn about people who have "beaten the odds" and have had an epiphany in the process, I recognize two things about life. The first thing that I realize is - We Are All Going To Die. No one is getting outta here alive. The second thing I realize is that, while some forms of dying may seem preferable to other forms of dying, I believe we each choose the way we die based on a lifetime of choices we've made and beliefs we have. And I believe this is true whether you die at 1 day old or 100 years old or any age in between. As humans, we tend to want to blame misfortune on powers outside of our control; and we like to give credit for miracles to better eating, more exercise, more positive thinking, prayer, belief in the Almighty, less fat, more vegetables, more sleep, less anger, etc., etc., etc. No matter how you choose to live your life, realize two things. (1)You ARE going to die, and (2) have fun living while you are living and stop obsessing about what you can do to delay the inevitable. If there is one thing about Kris that I like, it is her exuberance for life and her willingness to go to any lengths to enjoy the life she believes she has been "re-given."
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2011 7:56 PM PDT