Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for David Girod > Reviews

Browse

David Girod's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1309

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Girod RSS Feed (Westminster, Maryland)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Outsunny Covered Outdoor Porch Swing/Bed with Frame, Sand
Outsunny Covered Outdoor Porch Swing/Bed with Frame, Sand
Offered by Aosom Direct
Price: $199.95
6 used & new from $188.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Swing, May 29, 2016
This is a great swing, and it seems like it will be sturdy enough to last for years. The swing itself has a mesh seat and back, and comes with a cushion that covers both. The cushion is a couple inches thick and really comfortable, and with the give of the mesh base, the swing provides a nice soft seat.

Another thing I really like about this swing, is that it's easy to take down. Here in the Mid-Atlantic area, when October rolls in, it's time to pack up the deck furniture for the long winter. The swing's canopy can simply unscrew, remove two rods and you can fold the canopy up and put into a small box, the swing itself also folds half, so it will be easy to store in the garage over the winter.

Assembly wasn't bad, but it's a two person job for sure. We had it together in about an hour. And one final thing to note that you can't really see in the picture, is that the swing comes with two cup-holders/mini-trays that are attached to each arm. Perfect place to hold your coffee while enjoying the summer mornings, or cold drink on a hot afternoon.

Sofa Sack - Bean Bags Bean Bag Chair, 5-Feet, Black
Sofa Sack - Bean Bags Bean Bag Chair, 5-Feet, Black
Price: $152.96
2 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a Bit of Work, But a Great Product Once It's Finished "Breathing", May 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a big, comfy bean-bag chair......now.

Okay, I understand that they have to compress this bean bag into the smallest form factor to ship at a lower rate, and what shows up is a rectangular cube box about 3' X 2', and inside is your compressed bean bag chair. The thing is, the "beans" are compressed into a solid square mass, and you have to break up this cube, so that the individual "beans" can "breathe" and expand and fill up the sack. The directions say it can take up to 4 days for all of the beans to breathe and break up...and I would say, it's more like 1 day, but that all depends on how much you break down that "brick" of beans when you first unpack it.

I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone that may have issues "kneading" this bean block, as it was pretty tough. My wife and I worked together breaking up the block for about 45 minutes, and still there were lumps and chunks of beans. The chair wasn't usable for the first evening. The second day, I think we broke up enough that my kids were able to use the chair, and I'm hoping that when my sons friends come over this weekend, the bean-bag chair will be fully up and ready to go.

It's a good product, but it takes a bit of work to get it into something you'll enjoy.

Armitron Women's Quartz Metal and Alloy Dress Watch, Color:Rose Gold-Toned (Model: 75/5412WTRGST)
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Something a Little Different, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The reason I picked this set up for my Mom is that it looks different. She loves the rose color as it stands out a bit from her other jewelry. She also liked that it was a 2-piece set, so she can wear them together on one arm, or a piece on each.

The Rose color is striking, and gives her a nice alternative to the silver/gold bracelets she normally wears.

Dell 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Blue (A8207439)
Dell 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Blue (A8207439)
Offered by my Goods
Price: $15.37
14 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy & Convenient Back-Up, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Small, but holds quite a bit of data. You know how they say most people only have to have their computer crash once, and then they'll back up regularly? Well I'm the perfect case for that. About a dozen years or back, I lost everything from papers, spreadsheets to music and photos. Just gone one day when my laptop became a very expensive paperweight.

Since that time, I've backed up regularly (originally using CD's and DAT tape), but in the past few years I've been using these little USB drives which are so easy and convenient. This Dell 16GB flash drive has more storage than the first computers I purchased?!? 16GB is a lot of data, and with it's small size, I can toss this into the laptop bag and have basically my entire hard drive at the ready. Traveling between offices, I can jump on any computer station and instantly access any or all documents I need.

So easy, and so convenient, everyone working on a computer should have a couple of these drives handy.

BLACK FIST
BLACK FIST
DVD ~ Dabney Coleman Richard Lawson
Offered by Delightful Home Entertainment
Price: $7.35
11 used & new from $1.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Really Wish This Had Been Made By Better Filmmakers, May 23, 2016
This review is from: BLACK FIST (DVD)
The basic elements of "Black Fist" are really good. but the film is let down by the low budget and poor filmmaking.

Leroy Fisk is determined to fight his way out of the ghetto. Joining up with the local mob-run street fighting circuit, it's not long before Fisk is making lots of money and being able provide a better life for his family. But when Fisk wants to leave it all behind, the mob along with a crooked cop set out to stop him.

The acting is a notch above the usual fare, and the story is really solid, but the directing, editing, score, sound mix and almost every other aspect of the movie are awful. It's a shame too, because this could've been a great movie with a skilled crew behind the lens.

Dirt Devil SD21000 Vac+Dust Corded Bagless Vacuum with Swipes Microfiber Scrubbing Pad
Price: $39.96
10 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Non-Carpeted Rooms?? Then This is a Must Have, May 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have hardwood floors, linoleum, tile or any other non-carpeted floors in your home, you have to pick up this Dirt Devil. It makes cleaning our wood laminate stairs so easy. Before we would use either the hose attached on the upright vacuum, or drag the canister vac around to get clean the stairs, and both options were a pain, as you have to lug these big vacuums around behind you.

The Dirt Devil is light, but powerful, and it's brushy head really gets the corners. With two dogs and a cat, it almost seems like there is a hair magnet located in each corner of each step?? This Dirt Devil really picks up all the dust hair and other dirt and grit the you find in high traffic areas.

Highly recommended.

IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Original With Chicken Dry Cat Food 3.5 Pounds
IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Original With Chicken Dry Cat Food 3.5 Pounds
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $14.59
9 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for a Healthier Diet, May 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been looking at some healthier brands of cat food for my 10 year old cat. I normally just buy whatever is on sale, but now that he's got some age on him, I would like for him to start having a consistent, healthier diet. I've tried a few different foods, and while my cat isn't very picky, he turned up his nose at a few brands I've brought home.

I tried the IAMS and he tucked right in, he really seemed to like it, and the bite size pieces make his life a little easier too.

Black & Decker HHVI325JR22 Dustbuster Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum, Ink Blue
Black & Decker HHVI325JR22 Dustbuster Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum, Ink Blue
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $71.39
2 used & new from $69.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Power and Flexibility in an Easy to Use Package, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Dustbuster is the best one I've ever owned! It's powerful, but still light enough to use in high places. I recently got my daughter a new bed and new bedroom furniture, and wanted to clean everything thoroughly before the new stuff arrived. With this dustbuster I was able to easily clean above the windows, into the corners of the room and closet, as well as the blades of the ceiling fan. I was also able to pick up all of the dirt and dust which accumulated along the baseboards with ease.

I've found I use this dustbuster on quite a few jobs, from vacuuming out the car to running it around the cat's litter box, to keeping the corners of my home cobweb free. Great product, that offers lots of power and flexibility in a smaller package.

Green Light Amaze Grass and Weed Preventer, 10 Pound
Green Light Amaze Grass and Weed Preventer, 10 Pound
Price: $27.64
5 used & new from $24.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Ongoing Review, but Liked the Quantity, May 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well I just layed the Amaze Grass and Weed Preventer down on a few areas this past weekend, and I'll update this post once I see how well it works. I will say they give you plenty in the bag, and that I was able to thoroughly saturate the areas I wanted to. I'm hoping to get through the season without having to re-treat.

DII Oceanique Elegant, Modern Circle Lace Design, Water & Wrinkle Resistant, 100% Polyester, Machine Washable Shower Curtain, 72x72", Eggplant
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Match the Picture, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will say that the biggest issue I have with this shower curtain is my fault for lack of reading comprehension. I thought this was a solid, liner/shower curtain in one, and it's not. You will definitely have to use this with a liner. But as I said, that was my error for failing to read the description thoroughly.

The next issue I have is based on the picture shown here. It looks like a white or possibly light gray curtain with huge purple polka dots. What I received is a purple shower curtain with big purple polka dots. Luckily I'm a Baltimore Ravens fan, so I'm good with it, but my wife on the other hand thinks it's too much purple for the main bathroom.

I'll keep this curtain handy, and will use it in the master bathroom once I replace the one currently hanging in there, but just wanted to make a note of the color difference as shown.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20