Profile for P. James > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. James RSS Feed (Austin, TX)

TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
Price: $5.67
42 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing else like it, February 12, 2014
This stuff is like voodoo. My parents used it when I was a kid, and I remember being fascinated by seeing all the ants gather round, and then mysteriously vanishing the next day. I've told all my friends about this project, and they've had a 100% success rate using it as well. Recommended without reservation. Make sure to avoid killing the ants on their way to/from the bait, and they'll be gone in no time.

OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Ratcheting Pineapple Slicer
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Ratcheting Pineapple Slicer
Price: $19.99
15 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, February 12, 2014
Got this as a gift, and I've already bought another one to gift to another friend. Buying sliced pineapple at the store was always expensive enough that I considered it a "treat" and would only get it every few months. Now, for $2, I can get a whole pineapple, and have it all sliced up in about a minute! I was so impressed with how well it worked that I took it to a friend's house to demo, and they loved it so much I got one for them as well. Easy to use, easy to clean, works as advertised, just an all-around great product!

The Woodlander (The Grey Tales Book 1)
The Woodlander (The Grey Tales Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first novel by Watson, February 9, 2014
The Woodlander is a very entertaining, fast-reading story about the journey of John Grey, a down-on-his-luck journalist squirrel. I was quickly hooked, and just as I thought I knew where the plot was going, it would take a turn for the unexpected (and keep me reading well past my bedtime). Looking forward to the next one!

Bernzomatic JT539T Swirl Flame Brazing Torch
Bernzomatic JT539T Swirl Flame Brazing Torch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little torch, July 31, 2013
If you're looking for an inexpensive way to turn liquid propane into (controlled) fire, then this is for you! Picked up this torch along with Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter so I could run it off my bbq grill tank. Using it with a small kiln for smelting, was able to melt down some copper with it, so the flame gets up to at least 1980 degrees or so. Perfectly fits my needs, no extraneous bells or whistles. Great product!

WirthCo 20148 Knife Switch for Top Post Battery with Stud
WirthCo 20148 Knife Switch for Top Post Battery with Stud
Price: $24.17
30 used & new from $19.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy install, works as advertised, July 31, 2013
Installed this on my 1992 Mazda Miata, just barely enough room to fit it in there. Worked perfectly, easy to toggle it on/off. If I have another need for this type of product in the future, I'll certainly come back to this manufacturer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 11:28 AM PST

LaserLyte Laser Trainer Target
LaserLyte Laser Trainer Target
Price: $129.39
24 used & new from $129.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Ended up returning it, July 31, 2013
I felt that for the price, the performance of this device was lacking. Not having instant feedback for each shot was a major disappointment. I didn't have it long enough to test the battery life, but I do seem to recall that the batteries were easily replaced (perhaps this is an adjustment they made to a newer model). Accuracy seemed reasonable, but if you stacked several shots on top of each other, it was impossible to see them all. Overall, the product just didn't have a quality feel to it. If this product was about $40, I would be ok with it, but with the > $100 price, I was disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2014 9:14 AM PST

Get Real Gear Fire Chief Helmet with Lights and Sound
Get Real Gear Fire Chief Helmet with Lights and Sound
Offered by 88 Market Street
Price: $15.09
17 used & new from $8.80

4.0 out of 5 stars For those wishing to silence the siren..., December 6, 2011
I picked this up for my nephew, but I wanted to make sure that I'd be invited back, so I decided to disable the siren. All you really have to do is open it up (two screws I think), find a wire going to the speaker, and cut it. I got a little fancier and put in a magnetic switch, so when he's playing outside we stick a magnet on top (with velcro) and he gets to run around screaming, but when he's inside it stays nice and quiet. It's been a great hit, he wears it all the time :)

If you search on Instructables, you can see the full project I did ("Silence a Toy with a Switch").
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2012 5:32 PM PDT

Gaiam Bamboo Moon Fashion Yoga Mat Bag
Gaiam Bamboo Moon Fashion Yoga Mat Bag

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, small "block pouch", March 7, 2008
Happy with the overall quality of the bag, but the main draw was that it had a pouch for a yoga block. I specifically purchased the Gaiam cork block, assuming that since the bag advertised a block pouch, their block would fit. Not even close. We've managed to use the strap that came with the block to rig it to the bag, but I was pretty disappointed. If the block had fit, I'd have been really happy with the bag, but that was the main selling point on this one for me.

Visiontac VGPS700 Bluetooth GPS Receiver (SiRF III)
Visiontac VGPS700 Bluetooth GPS Receiver (SiRF III)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big power, little case, June 18, 2007
I picked one of these up to use with my Windows Mobile 5 phone (Sprint PPC-6700), and it's been great. Took a couple of minutes to figure out how to pair it up (it needs to be set up as a com port), but after that it's been smooth sailing. I use it in conjunction with iGuidance's software, and it makes a great combo. One of my favorite features is that it includes a special USB cable for use in your car (when attached to the included cigarette lighter adapter): you leave the gps powered off, and when you turn on your car, it powers on the adapter (and it turns off when you turn your car off). Also, when in this mode, it totally bypasses the battery, so that should greatly increase the number of charge cycles you get out of it when you actually need to use the battery. My friends have been so impressed that two of them placed orders after I demoed it. And since it's so small and works with my phone, I can just drop it in my pocket if I'm going in a friend's car, and it works just as well. If you're in the market for a bluetooth gps unit, I'd recommend it, especially if you have a WM5 phone.