Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Bernard Chapin > Reviews

Browse

Bernard Chapin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1290

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bernard Chapin "Ora Et Labora!" RSS Feed (CHICAGO! USA)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
by William Davis
Price: $18.05
639 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I Cannot Rave Enough About this Book!, June 5, 2012
Few books I've ever opened were more personally needed by the American people than this one, Wheat Belly. Yes, obesity may be a western disease but it's also distinctly an American one as we lead the civilized world in terms of obesity rate. The explanation and theories that Dr. Davis provides here are incredibly educational, and it probably will result in your changing your behavior immediately. I know I have. No more bread for dinner, and no more baked goods for breakfast. Indeed, I only read it a week ago and already I am very conscious of how serious my carbohydrate addiction was along with how much I was over-eating on a daily basis. In less than 7 days, my appetite has noticeably lessened and I don't feel as irritable between meals as I used to feel. The exorphin explanation for why wheat products are so uniquely addictive is most convincing, and again, it makes perfect intuitive sense based on personal experience. Before reading this I sort of felt like I was more of a slave to my appetite than most of the people I knew. Now I see that my counter-productive behaviors were merely a product of bad habits I'd been practicing since I was a child. I thank Dr. Davis effusively for publishing this, and am indebted to him for his research. I cannot recommend this book enough.

The Death of Liberalism
The Death of Liberalism
by R. Emmett Tyrrell
Price: $18.01
81 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars World Class Wit, May 31, 2012
I'm a huge fan of Bob Tyrrell's and I've always enjoyed his column at the American Spectator--which is probably the most consistent and intelligent of conservative publications. RET is no longer a young buck and is now nearly 70, but this book is proof that he's still as funny as ever. The Death of Liberalism compares favorably with After the Hangover (2010) and is a natural follow up. A theme of his 2010 book is that the left always overreaches and assumes that the electorate has given them "a mandate" to enact their goofiest and most controlling schemes. Tyrrell relays here that this eventuality is exactly what occurred in the last national election when the American people voted out of Congress those rabid leftists who gave us Obamacare and the completely wasteful Stimulus Plan. The Death of Liberalism clocks in at just under 170 pages and is a very quick read. Tyrrell's tone and narration is very conversational and entertaining. As a writer, he is always consistent and makes frequent use of a term he created, the Kultursmog. That term describes the fashion by which the left has poisoned the greater culture with its constant manipulation of the public via the media, the universities, and Hollywood. This book is part present analysis and part history, and that's a fine approach to a pathology that is presently undermining the future of my country. Best of all, is that The Death of Liberalism is really, really funny. That makes it worthwhile in itself. His ultimate conclusion is incorrect, however. Liberalism most certainly is not dead as demographic trends suggest that it will plague us as long as our borders remain porous. Yet intellectually, it's a basketcase so let us at least celebrate that! Part of the reason for liberalism's decline is the influence of R. Emmett Tyrrell...and we should all be grateful to him.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Hot Wicked Cool!, May 28, 2012
Out of all the blades I've bought this year, this 300 replica is by far my favorite. Yes, it's made in China and for 30 bucks you can't expect serious quality, but it's a piece of history and one I'm very happy to own. The sword is very heavy. It feels amazing in your hand, like and extension of your arm and the blade came very sharp. You can take my review with a grain of salt though as I have no practical purpose for it. This is for display usage only, but I'm pleased to have it.

The Amateur
The Amateur
by Edward Klein
Price: $16.38
567 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful! Awesome Biography, May 21, 2012
This review is from: The Amateur (Hardcover)
Length:: 7:33 Mins

This is an excellent book. Mr. Klein is an excellent writer and it tells us much about Barack Obama.

The Tyranny of Clichés: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas
The Tyranny of Clichés: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas
by Jonah Goldberg
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Jonah's got the Left Pegged!, May 13, 2012
Length:: 7:18 Mins

This is another excellent book by Jonah Goldberg. It's a Grade A follow up to his brilliant Liberal Fascism.

Why I Write (Penguin Great Ideas)
Why I Write (Penguin Great Ideas)
by George Orwell
Price: $8.89
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous Essays from the Master, May 9, 2012
Length:: 6:26 Mins

I don't have the same politics as George Orwell, but I think he's one of the finest writers I've ever read. This book adds greatly to his legend.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like this knife at all., May 6, 2012
I do agree that the handle is beautiful, but the action of the knife is a disappointment. Yes, it needs spring assist, but it is described accurately by the company. It's very stiff though. The motion is terrible. It's hard to pull out and its even harder to refold. You really have to muscle the release to put it back into place. I rate this as the worst knife I've bought on amazon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 4:41 PM PDT

HD Vision WrapArounds Wrap Around Sunglasses
HD Vision WrapArounds Wrap Around Sunglasses
Offered by New York Fulfillment
Price: $8.65
5 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Excellent!, May 6, 2012
I got these wrap arounds thrown in with another order. I'm really happy with them and like them better than the glasses I paid full price for! They're sturdy and perfect for driving. The glasses are especially useful for riding my bike around at dusk or early in the morning. They make the road easier to see...which is all I could ask for. Great product.

Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire
by Theo Fleury
Price: $12.48
20 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Story!, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Playing With Fire (Paperback)
Length:: 5:30 Mins

This is a great read. I have to compliment the writer that assisted Theo with it. She structured the book so well I ordered a copy of Probert's autobiography as soon I was done with this one after I saw she was Bob's assistant.

Why America Must Not Follow Europe (Encounter Broadsides)
Why America Must Not Follow Europe (Encounter Broadsides)
by Daniel Hannan
Price: $5.99
44 used & new from $2.23

5.0 out of 5 stars America Goes EU!, April 28, 2012
Length:: 6:44 Mins

Few Englishmen, aside from Nigel Farage, so impress American conservatives as Daniel Hannan, and I think this book is an excellent introduction to his thoughts on both the EU and America.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 11:32 AM PDT

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30