Profile for Bernard Chapin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1288

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bernard Chapin "Ora Et Labora!" RSS Feed (CHICAGO! USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Progressivism: A Primer on the Idea Destroying America
Progressivism: A Primer on the Idea Destroying America
by James Ostrowski
Price: $10.30
20 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Restoring Liberty, July 27, 2015
Mr. Ostrowski has written a great book that hopefully will educate many young people on the way in which progressivism is currently destroying the United States. Our country was founded on freedom, not slavery, but you would never know it given how many people vote away their liberty at election time. I disagree with him on reclaiming the word "liberal." I'm afraid that term is too poisoned for us to redefine (albeit correctly), but the author and his work are a powerful justification for why the Liberty Movement is so essential to restoring America. Hopefully, one day we can again become the land of the free.

Manipulism and the Weapon of Guilt: Collectivism Exposed
Manipulism and the Weapon of Guilt: Collectivism Exposed
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Work!, July 16, 2015
This is a must read! Mikkel is from Denmark which is a country seldom discussed in the United States. I found the text very educational. Its a psychological portrait of the disturbed leftist who has caused so much damage to the nations of the west. Why do they act as they do? What drives them? Why are they so bitter and angry? This book answers these questions brilliantly. My only regret was it was only 125 pages. I was surprised by its excellence overall.

Hollywood Traitors: Blacklisted Screenwriters – Agents of Stalin, Allies of Hitler
by Allan H. Ryskind
Price: $21.92
41 used & new from $15.90

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an outstanding book. I got it on ..., July 3, 2015
This is an outstanding book. I got it on the mail on Monday and now I can't put it down. This is a story of which high school students in America don't know 99.99% about. I'd give anything if they could be exposed to this story so they could learn how much the political left sabotaged (and still sabotages) our nation and gives away our freedom on a daily basis.

Man Disconnected: How technology has sabotaged what it means to be male
Man Disconnected: How technology has sabotaged what it means to be male
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A Typical Leftist Non-academic Work, May 23, 2015
The book is a mixed bag. There are definitely some good points made here by Dr. Zimbardo. The man is over 80 years old now so I am not certain as to how much of this book he wrote versus his what his assistant Nikita D. Coulombe wrote. I find that there are many feminist tropes in this book and very little questioning of politically correct dogma.

Women are outperforming men? Only in the socialist fields and how much of an influence has affirmative action had on the performance of men in the workplace? He doesn't say.

Affirmative action causes women to be hired and promoted before men are. In any field in which women outperform and are over-represented, such as teaching, society makes no comment. Yet in those fields, such as STEM, wherein men are over-represented we say "Where are the women!" and demand government action. That needs to be stopped and we must combat the misandry of promoting one sex over the other.

When the state picks the winners and the losers--via state sponsored discrimination--and then its impact is ignored it makes one skeptical of the idea that young men nowadays are losers as a result. There's a one trillion dollar college debt bomb hanging over the heads of Americans at present. Will men be required to--via the government nullifying loan debt--provide women with a bailout? I sure as heck hope not. Be strong and independent, pay your own way.

Dr. Zimbardo is a famous and accomplished psychologist, but this is a pop culture work. It's not scholarship. Anytime your quoting a 1999 Freddie Prinze movie for an example it should raise some eyebrows, but there remains very little that is serious about our society anymore. Again, I'm not sure how much of this book he actually wrote.

Of course, there is some good information here such as that the US government set up a website called womenshealth.gov and then refused to set up a comparable site for men. Indeed, mens health was mentioned as a subgroup on the woman's site! Another example of interest, was the poll of Toronto 8 and 9-year-olds in which they were asked what they didn't like about being boys. Their answers were astounding and very depressing.

The Black Man's Guide Out of Poverty: For Black Men Who Demand Better
The Black Man's Guide Out of Poverty: For Black Men Who Demand Better
by Aaron Clarey
Price: $13.46
20 used & new from $10.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Aaron's a great writer and I'm glad to say I know him, February 11, 2015
Aaron's a great writer and I'm glad to say I know him. I just finished the book and am read it a second time for use in some video reviews on my channel. I just finished reading my friend Aaron Clarey’s new book, The Black Man’s Guide Out of Poverty. I think it would inspire a good many people who suffer from the demoralization that many blacks may feel as a result of the Democratic Party Media Complex. I honestly think that we would all get along if the press would desist in racebaiting and soothing their perpetual white guilt through public self-flagellation of citizens who look just like them.

The welfare state must be reconstructed and scaled back. Its present “rob from the earners to give to the burners” composition is promoting the decline of males in the USA. Yet leftists do not wish to see 1 penny cut from the Federocracy’s budget. Getting blacks to realize that their biggest oppressors are not whites, but rather a nanny state that steals from them as a means to promote dysfunction is something that the left must derail. Without huge black turnout at the polls, the party of segregation and slavery would be in serious trouble.
Leftists in general hate both Aaron and I but I am surprised they would attempt to deter him from providing black men with a very powerful message of uplift. It’s a great book and I recommend it. If you don’t have much time for reading skip to chapters 6 and 7 to read what he has to say about careers and entrepreneurship.

What Aaron provides is a powerful and noble message. None of us want to keep anyone else down. All that does is produce a group of people in our country who are angry and resentful towards everyone else and that’s the last thing I want. Everyone should be interested in the American project and work to get the general population to understand and appreciate freedom. We need a lot of help! Black men, hop aboard the liberty train.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2015 2:21 PM PST

The Noble Hustle: Poker, Beef Jerky, and Death
The Noble Hustle: Poker, Beef Jerky, and Death
by Colson Whitehead
Price: $15.51
111 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretentious, Dull, and a Complete Waste of Time, July 28, 2014
This is the worst book I've ever read about poker. As a writer Whitehead is pretentious, dull, and untalented. I'm not surprised he fits in well at the New York Lies, but this text has practically no substance whatsoever. Most of the pages are filled with over-description, constant attempts at being cute, and a profound lack of intellect. If he has a good story to tell he still hasn't told it. He is very ignorant about poker and the book matches well his ambitions to live in "The Republic of Anhedonia."

How to Deal with Narcissists: Why They Became Evil, How They Think, and Strategies and Techniques to Take Control
by Michael Trust
Price: $24.25
26 used & new from $24.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The Junction Between Politics and Mental Illness, July 27, 2014
This is an outstanding book. I loved his previous work on evolutionary psychology and politics. He is right to equate devout leftists with narcissism as their minds are disturbed and they are presently destroying our nation in the hopes of ameliorating their psychological symptoms. I really appreciate what Trust has contributed with his last two efforts and I hope he keeps writing books for the rest of his life.

The Gambler
The Gambler
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, June 9, 2014
This review is from: The Gambler (Amazon Instant Video)
I did not know anything about John O'Shea before I watched this documentary and one has to admire the way in which he freely and bravely lives his own life. I just wish he'd lower his limits for online poker when going through a bad run as he did during the course of the film! Up there at the nosebleed stakes its easy to lose a fortune in a very small amount of time. It was hard to understand how he lost 400k while in Vegas given his skill, but I hope he has a better run of luck next year. The Gambler is a closeup look at a very engaging personality. This film is not about glamour. It shows the dark side and unpredictability of gambling for a living as well. Excellent documentary overall.

Brewer's Yeast 500 mg 500 Tabs
Brewer's Yeast 500 mg 500 Tabs
Offered by Healthy360
Price: $10.23
3 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, June 9, 2014
I got these pretty cheaply here. I am satisfied with the product. I take these as a way to get extra Niacin and protein. When I was younger they used to carry brewer's yeast everywhere. Nowadays its rarely seen at stores which is why I bought mine here.

BET RAISE FOLD:  The Story of Online Poker
BET RAISE FOLD: The Story of Online Poker
DVD
Price: $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Slow, Too Much Human Interest, Not Enough Narrative, June 9, 2014
Bet Raise Fold is a documentary that tells the story of three individuals in the context of the poker boom that occurred between 2003 and 2011. I think that making this film was a great idea and I am sympathetic to the creator's passion in documenting an era that was irrationally destroyed by the US government. I saw their kickstarter and the support they got at 2+2. I admire them for their initiative in getting this movie made. What I admired less was the way in which the story was actually told. We follow three players for most of the movie and its very, very slow. I would have liked to see a better narrative and one presented up front. We know that in 2006 and 2011 the federocracy acted in a heinous way to disrupt the dreams and lives of countless people, but I would have liked to see more from the heyday and fall than what we see here. More facts, less human interest would sum up my take on Bet Raise Fold. Following three players around was not the way to tell the story of online poker.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20