Profile for stacysrm > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

stacysrm RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders
Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fast read with a few flaws, February 23, 2013
I'll start with the negatives since there are so many glowing reviews.
1. She repeats herself...a lot. I'd read a paragraph that sounded familiar and skim back a few pages and wha-lah, there was the same thing. The book could've been 1/3 shorter if the repeats were deleted.
2. It was a short, about a 3 hour read, so the price is a little steep.
3. She discusses the topics she wants, when she wants, with little or no connection between chapters. I hope she is more focused if/when she writes another.

It was a fun book and would be a great gift for a recently broke up friend. Definitely a guilty pleasure on a Sunday afternoon type thing, but certainly not an advice book by any stretch of the imagination.

Grand Trunk Parasheet Beach/Picnic Blanket
Grand Trunk Parasheet Beach/Picnic Blanket
Price: $39.95 - $62.16

1.0 out of 5 stars Color bleeds!, July 17, 2012
Unfortunately I used the parasheet for the first time shortly after the return period had expired; otherwise I would get my money back. The sheet held up well on the beach as long as there was little to no wind, and sand did wipe off easily. I initially noticed that tanning oil immediately seeped into the sheet and created what would become a permanent stain. After sitting for about 10 minutes on it after a swim in the ocean I noticed the turquoise color had seeped onto my light colored swimsuit. I was able to get most of it out with oxyclean, and thankfully it was not an expensive suit.
I hand washed in cold as the label suggested, and as expected the water immediately turned turquoise and stained the yellow portion. Several of the seams around the corner pockets have already begun to fray badly as well. Very disappointed.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, July 17, 2012
You must completely diassemble the tag to view the infomation, and it is difficult to pull apart. There are a couple of small plastic "bolts" that hold the front and back together, and they already have several small cracks after opening 2 times. I will throw them away once any infomation changes, since I do not think they can be opened again without completely breaking.

EBOOST Pink Lemonade, 20-Count Pouches
EBOOST Pink Lemonade, 20-Count Pouches
Offered by MYSURGICALSUPPLY
Price: Click here to see our price
10 used & new from $18.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great energy, not so great taste, March 18, 2012
The taste is almost bile-like and nearly intolerable. These do however give me a noticeable difference in energy, which is more I can say for any other energy drink I've tried. I'd say it's about the same as 3 cups of strong coffee, minus the jitters.

Be Good Premium Pressed Rawhide Dog Bone Chew, 6-Inch, 22-Pack
Be Good Premium Pressed Rawhide Dog Bone Chew, 6-Inch, 22-Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as I'd hoped, March 18, 2012
I have two dogs, these last about 2 hours with my power chewer corgi and 3 days with my terrier. They do not smell or stain.

Olivia Care Olive Oil Soap , Verbena, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Olivia Care Olive Oil Soap , Verbena, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Offered by Lilly's Beauty Depot
Price: $32.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh, it's just soap, March 13, 2012
I've used Dove Winter Care for a couple of years, but decided to try olive oil soap after watching Dr. Oz. I love the natural lemon scent of this soap, but it unfortunately doesn't linger on the skin at all. The soap isn't bad; it lathers well and has a good unisex scent, but my skin felt tighter and drier after a few day's use. I suppose it would be a big improvement over more harsh, drying soaps, but might be a disappointment for those looking for something moisturizing.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Price: $8.66
38 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results!, January 19, 2012
I went from 122 to 114 in about 6 weeks doing 30 Day Shred M-Th, No More Trouble Zones (also Jillian) Sat, and rest on Sunday. I have never been in such good shape and have arms I didn't think were possible!

**Tips for beginners**
1. Your first goal should be to finish the workout. Nothing is more deflating then to get all excited about a new exercise routine and crash and burn on the first day. You are much less likely to stick with it if you feel like a failure off the bat, so take it easy at first. It is better to go 50% and finish the workout then to blow through half the workout at 100%. Go as easy as you need to, but never stop a workout once you start. The psychological difference is huge.

2. My calves were so sore after the first time it took me 3 days to recover. The second time I restarted the program I was smarter. Err on the side of caution and back off if you feel burning during the jump rope or jumping jacks. Again, you want to finish the tape and be well enough to repeat the next day.

3. There is no time for drink breaks by design; if you feel thirsty during a half hour workout you aren't drinking enough water during the day.

I have also recently started a newer Jillian DVD, Ripped in 30, but will hold off on the review until I complete a cycle. So far it is comparable to Shred and a nice change.

Good luck and happy sweating!

DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet
DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet
Price: $7.99
43 used & new from $5.82

5.0 out of 5 stars No more soggy bills, January 11, 2012
My husband has used this wallet on three different beach vacations while swimming and snorkeling. It keeps everything very dry and is large enough to hold both of our IDs and a stack of bills. All his swim trunks have side cargo pockets with loops near/in them, so he ties the lanyard onto the loop before securing in his pocket.

Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects - Teeth Whitening Kit 20 Treatments (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $39.99
50 used & new from $32.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitens well, and can be pain free if you plan ahead..., January 10, 2012
I have used whitestrips a 1-2 times a year for close to a decade. These are by far the best and noticeably whiten my teeth. The new, "grippy" texture is huge improvement and I feel makes the strips even more effective. With the older whitestrips I would inevitably sneeze and the things would fly across the room, but these will stand up to the biggest sneeze fit.

I strongly recommend using sensodyne twice a day for two weeks before beginning whitestrips and continue through the treatment. My husband disregarded my advice the first time he tried whitestrips, but by the 4th day of pain he took a 2 week break to follow my advice. He experienced virtually no pain the second time around; it really makes a big difference!

OXO Good Grips Splatter Screen with Folding Handle
OXO Good Grips Splatter Screen with Folding Handle
Price: $19.99
16 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I can fry bacon naked!, January 10, 2012
Ok not really, but I could if I wanted to. My previous splatter screens consisted of mesh stretched over a metal ring, so I was surprised to see this solid metal disk with hole punctures. I was skeptical, but this works much better than anticipated and sits evenly on all my pots and pans, regardless of circumference. I suspect it will last much longer since it is sturdier, and it is easier to clean than mesh. Most importantly, it stops splatters!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6