Profile for La Mayimba > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

La Mayimba RSS Feed (USA)

En Casa Del Amor
En Casa Del Amor

3.0 out of 5 stars Title is wrong, April 24, 2013
This review is from: En Casa Del Amor (MP3 Music)
This song is EN COSAS DEL AMOR. Amazon needs to correct the title! The version is OK because Raulin is a fantastic artist, one of the most incredible "soneros" around. However, this version does not do justice to the song - I hear another type of arrangement for this tune - maybe that's because I heard it performed on multiple occasions but the writer - Alicia Baroni - one of the best!

2016 Obama's America
2016 Obama's America
DVD ~ Dinesh D'Souza
Price: $12.87
45 used & new from $8.98

1.0 out of 5 stars A Non-existent premise, October 13, 2012
This review is from: 2016 Obama's America (DVD)
I just watched this film and my advice to anyone who watches it - fact check, fact check, fact check. Then use your heads.

The entire premise for this film is simply non-existent.

Having read both of Obama's books during the democratic primaries in 2008, I am scratching my head at how a personal autobiography which illustrates this man's depth and grasp of history, his love of literature and excellent writing skills, can be construed to personify him as an angry Kenyan Colonialist bent upon destroying America is simply beyond me.

The film commences with Mr. D'Souza wondering how Obama could return the Churchill bust (false), support Argentina in the Falkland issue over Britain (he was neutral), sign an executive order to send 2 million dollars to Brazil among others (just not true). All are either totally false or have been grossly misrepresented to make his case. D'Souza also asserts Obama is not desirous of halting Iran's quest for nuclear weapons, and expounded the same old silly story that ignores geopolitical complexities - Obama's hesitance to intervene in Syria and much less in Iran (we have been there - remember the Shah - and we all know how that worked out). How ANYONE could imagine an American president desirous of Iran's achieving nuclear capabilities is simply beyond the pale.

I believe this is a totally ineffective film and dangerous in that it gives credence to urban legends and speculative theories with no depth. The conservative base loves it and it continues to perpetrate silly falsehoods about the president that divide, divide, divide America and make us hate one another. It certainly will not sway any reasonably well-read American in any way shape or form.

I myself disagree with many of the president's policies; and it would be so with any president. But these assertions, that Obama is angry, is a Kenyan Colonialist, communist, Marxist or otherwise, are just silly and empty. Guilt by association ie Frank Marshall who was actually introduced to Obama by Obama's white grandfather, proves nothing except that Obama enjoyed surrounding himself with people from all walks of life (I share this trait - my close friends are libs, conservative, radical conservatives, radical liberals, etc.) Marshall died in 1987, when Obama was in his 20s.

When I was a kid in the 60s, I marched on Cadillac for civil rights, I had black panther friends in San Francisco - I was a total revolutionary. I saw the injustices inherent in our system (as there are in ANY system), and I railed against inequality - but I always loved and still love my country.

As president, I would like SOMEONE to point out Obama's communist policies. We see the stock market over 13,000, we see corporate profits way up. We did not see Obama nationalizing failing companies. I would also like someone to point out his "anger." Personally, I would like to see more ANGER!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 12:08 AM PDT

Dile no a la guerra
Dile no a la guerra
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kept secret - Minino, September 22, 2012
This review is from: Dile no a la guerra (MP3 Music)
Dile no a la guerra is an incredible song, from the composition, to the arrangement, to the playing, and last but not least - vocals. Highly recommend the entire album RADICAL. Though not commercially exploited in the mainstream, this is a fantastic album.

14 Plus 14 (CD/DVD)
14 Plus 14 (CD/DVD)
7 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Aventura 14 x 14, May 24, 2011
This review is from: 14 Plus 14 (CD/DVD) (Audio CD)
14 x 14 is a must for any Aventura fan - and - for non-fans - well, they will be convinced to enter "Aventura fan-dom". Starting with the presentation of the record - artwork, choice of photos (many previously unreleased), lyrics, elegant menus on the DVD - this is definitely a class act. It contains all of the songs that were promoted over the group's explosive career with corresponding videos. I particularly enjoyed their very first video - "Cuando volveras." Though obviously a low budget enterprise, creativity and great acting on this "mini-film" were not spared. The guys are so young - just little babies! As you go from video to video you are able to view the progress of the group and are once again reminded that they are definitely the "Kings!"