Profile for Colten K. Henry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Colten K. Henry RSS Feed (Topeka KS)

Nexus 6 Case, Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for Google Nexus 6 - Dante Red (SGP11240)
Nexus 6 Case, Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for Google Nexus 6 - Dante Red (SGP11240)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $16.99
6 used & new from $14.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits great, feels nice, April 29, 2015
Fits great, feels nice. Plastic "container" is a bit flimsy by itself, but feels nice and secure once attached. If you are having issues with the buttons not feeling right, make sure that the plastic piece surround the softer piece is stuck nice and secure in the grooves.

It feels nice in the hand, doesnt add much heft to it, and the hole for the motorola is nice to hold. I'm docking one star, because of the button setup. It is hard to tell if it's the unlock button, or the volume up or down button. Putting a different coating on one button might help.

Bloodborne - PS4 [Digital Code]
Bloodborne - PS4 [Digital Code]
Price: $59.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Regret Purchasing, April 7, 2015
Really regret purchasing it. I thought that it would be fun and challenging. Turns out it's just boring and frustrating. Graphics are lackluster, frame rate is a poor 30 FPS (other better looking games average 60 on the PS4). Controls are frustrating, and the interface is confusing. Each item and attribute appears to have dozens of modifers...What they do? I have no idea, it isn't really explained in game. I get that you are supposed to die a lot, but this is made more frustrating by the extremely long load screens.

Might be somebody else's "type" but definitely not mine.

Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D2 Straight Fit Flat Front Pant, Steelhead, 34x34
Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D2 Straight Fit Flat Front Pant, Steelhead, 34x34
Price: $36.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird Fit, December 9, 2014
For some reason certain styles of these pants have a weird fit. I bought the "steelhead" pair and everything fit perfectly, except the area around my hips where the bottom of the pockets are (not the waist, the waist fit fine). It was much too tight to wear, and they even began to tear slightly right underneath the pockets. I am not for sure if this is a quality control issue, or if some "styles" are sewed different.

I have three other pairs of Dockers Khaki's D2 34x34 pants that do not have this issue. I am 6'2" 200lb, athletic build, for reference.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 16000mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology 2-Port 3A for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), LG G3, MOTO X G, most other Phones and Tablets (Black).
Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 16000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology 2-Port 3A for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), LG G3, MOTO X G, most other Phones and Tablets (Black).
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend., November 24, 2014
Very Impressed! Takes a while to charge, but then again, when charging other devices it seems to last forever.
Feels very solid and high quality in your hand. I bought it on sale and I feel it was worth it. Would recommend.

Mustang Low Profile Projector Mount (MV-PROJSP-FLAT-B)
Mustang Low Profile Projector Mount (MV-PROJSP-FLAT-B)
Offered by ADVANCITY
Price: $35.70
22 used & new from $26.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap decent mount, with fatal flaw., November 4, 2014
If you hold your left foot up in the air, wrap aluminum foil around your thumbs and sing the star spangled banner, you may be able to adjust it without moving something else out of place.

Ok seriously now. This mount does some things well, and some not so well. I have returned it to Amazon, so obviously the "not so well" won out.

First, here is what I liked:

The actual mounting of the projector to the mount (via the included arms and bolts) was perfect, I was able to move the projector exactly how I wanted it, and it left plenty of "wiggle room" should I need to adjust later. It feels very sturdy, and mounts to the stud very solid. and It was inexpensive.

The things I didn't like:
Extremely hard to adjust the projector without moving something else out of alignment (even with the other bolts tightened down hard). When using a projector, you HAVE TO get everything lined just perfectly, or your nice rectangle turns into a trapezoid. It was very hard to line everything up, without throwing something else off kilter.

I ended up purchasing the "OmniMount 3N1-PJT B" and trying it out. I liked it better. I had a harder time mounting the projector to it, but once mounted to the ceiling, it allowed for much quicker adjustments that were easier to control. The downside is that it does not have the "quick detach" feature that this mount has. I rarely plan on taking mine down, so this was not a con for me.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and buggy., September 19, 2014
I'm at IT professional, and I've been able to reflash routers with new firmware and completely re-configure manually quicker then it has taken me to get this "easy setup" working.

I bought it from my local store (sorry amazon, they were running a better deal) on an impulse buy. Had I read the reviews here, I probably wouldn't have purchased it.

Very buggy, takes forever to connect to the local wifi. Support is very, uh, supportive but they suggested that I move the hub farther away from my wifi router, at least 5 to 10 feet (has not helped so far). When attempting to set it up, it will automatically pull my 5ghz Wifi network, and then promptly tell me that "5ghz networks are not supported." OK, great, then why did you auto populate it? Also doesn't appear to work with WPA2-PSK.

After several 5-10 minute attempts I was able to get it working last night. After about a dozen attempts I was able to "pair" the "wink: spotter" to it. It promptly registered the lights turning off, and then...uh...never worked again. I have so far had to remove everything that I have done, and I am now stuck at getting the hub back on the network.

I'm beginning to think this is an exercise in futility. While I would LOVE for this to work, the evidence is pointing towards a product that has a long way to go before even basic functionality is met. I spend my entire day working with computers and fixing issues. If I am having this much difficulty, I can't help but think that the less technologically inclined demographic this is marketed towards is going to have some issues.

I will work on this some more (as I am not one to give up easily) and I will report back after some tinkering this weekend. Hopefully it will come together, and my dreams of an automated house will become a reality.

Edit: I wanted to list the hardware I am using. I have attempted to use a Galaxy S5 and a Samsung Galaxy tab.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 6:47 AM PST

Infinity Primus Three-way dual 5-1/4-Inch Speaker (Each, Center-Channel, Black)
Infinity Primus Three-way dual 5-1/4-Inch Speaker (Each, Center-Channel, Black)
Price: $199.95
7 used & new from $151.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buy., July 16, 2013
Sounds absolutely amazing. Really brought out detail I had been missing. I've had to go back and watch a bunch of my old movies again, just so I could feel the new experience. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a quality center channel, that isn't too expesnive.

Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version [Download]
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version [Download]
Price: $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars 99% Great 1% Horrible, March 14, 2012
Too bad the last 1% that is horrible is what absolutely breaks the game. I enjoyed the game, even passed a few gamebreaking bugs that would crash the game if I didn't do a quest in a perfect order. But the ending of this game is horrid, it is anti-everything Shepard ever stood for in any of the other games. It doesn't make any factual sense, it doesn't make any lore sense. And your choices have no impact on the ending either. Bioware promised us 16 different endings, not 3 endings with a few trivial differences thrown in.

X-Rite Eye-One Display LT
X-Rite Eye-One Display LT

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, January 5, 2010
I used this product with the Color HCFR program to calibrate my HDTV. For this purpose it did a wonderful job and I couldn't be happier.

However, the program that comes with it is absolutely horrendous. I attempted to use it to calibrate my computer monitor. It did it automatically, and when it was done it was so bad that it hurt my eyes. It was way to bright, and while it said the color was "balanced" it was waaayyy to blue.

While this would be a 5 star product, the included software is so bad I could only give it 4 stars.

However, if you plan on using the Color HCFR program to calibrate your HDTV or monitor, I believe this product is very hard to beat for the price.