Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
GM816 LCD Digital Anemometer Wind Speed Scale Gauge Meter Thermometer
GM816 LCD Digital Anemometer Wind Speed Scale Gauge Meter Thermometer
Offered by DX(HK)
Price: $14.88
5 used & new from $10.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the gauge., June 2, 2014
Would be great it if floated and was water proof but seals on the propeller would likely impair it's accuracy and usability at low velocities. There appear to be several retailers branding this gauge as their own with a wide range in price. It seems to work well and met my expectations.

Loos Cableware PT-1 Tension Gauge for 3/32", 1/8" and 5/32" Cable Diameter, 800 Lbs. Maximum Measurement
Price: $90.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect- does what it needs to, June 2, 2014
Very happy with the tool- use it on my Lightning to set-up the rig before racing. Compared reading to a gauge owned by another sailor- it was reading the same number. Calibration at the factory must be part of the process.

NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Framing Nailer
NuMax SFR2190 21 Degree Framing Nailer
Price: $89.00
10 used & new from $77.43

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks well built, does not come with case, June 2, 2014
I'll provide an update after my next project. This is just an update regarding packaging and overall build quality. The framing nailer arrived undamaged- surprising considering that it was in a plastic bag inside the box with no foam or other damping material. It looks well built- similar in quality to my Porter Cable Nailers. The design is similar to the first generation of PC Nailers and balance is similar to the PC 1st gen framing nailer.

Kurgo Bench Seat Cover for Pets, Black
Kurgo Bench Seat Cover for Pets, Black
Price: $29.87
17 used & new from $20.44

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent design- but not well executed. Watch for quality issues., May 21, 2014
After less than a year of intermittent use, the seams on the bottom are ripping. On closer inspection the ripping is due to the stitching being too close together. The needle holes literally are 0.020" apart. It's a tear on the dotted line situation on the bottom portion. Not all seams are like this. I suspect it was one machine at one station of the assembly process that did this faulty stitching.

They sell these at the local Honda dealer in my town. I looked at on they had on display- same stitching issue on a different seam.

These guys need to have their manufacturer set-up a QC process or hire secondary inspectors.

Crane EE-6490 Space Heater 600/1200 Watt
Crane EE-6490 Space Heater 600/1200 Watt
Price: $39.99
14 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality. Works well., May 21, 2014
I used this in my home office until my wife absconded with it. It's well made, heats quickly and is very small for it's heat output.

Kegworks Stainless Steel Beer Growler - 64 oz
Kegworks Stainless Steel Beer Growler - 64 oz
Offered by KegWorks
Price: $28.00
4 used & new from $27.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, good price, May 21, 2014
Well made and arrived defect free. Same growler as as sold by others for 1.5x the price. Rubber seal will eventually wear out- hopefully this can be easily replaced.

Honeywell RET97E5D1005/U Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat
Honeywell RET97E5D1005/U Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat
Offered by E-Speciales
Price: $94.99
13 used & new from $65.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well- when it works, February 11, 2014
I received this as a gift to use at a 2nd house we visit on the weekends. The idea is great and it's a lot less money than the NEST thermostat. I haven't tried it on other WiFi networks- so this may be related to the network at the 2nd house- it will sit on the network for weeks then suddenly go offline. Since I'm remote from the house- it's a problem since I'm not there to reset it.

My other devices in the house don't have this issue and stay on the network. Power outages are common where this home is located and they all seem to get back on the network just fine. The Honeywell seems to not be reliable in that regard. It's gone offline twice and has not been able to recover without resetting the network. I haven't dug into it to see if if the IP is "sticky" and I need to move to static from DHCP. Whatever it is- it's annoying.

When you buy it, make sure the merchant has a good return policy. If it has issues staying on your network- it's not usable.

Fly Tying Tool - Wasatch Standard Bobbin - Fly Tying Tool
Fly Tying Tool - Wasatch Standard Bobbin - Fly Tying Tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and it shows, February 11, 2014
I have several Wasatch products for fly tying. They all have 1 thing in common- attention to detail. The quality of materials, fit and finish is exceptional. For something US made at this price point- it's AMAZING. If you got into fly tying because you like doing things with your hands and appreciate well made things- you'll like this bobbin a lot.

Overall the tools are well balanced and can be used for hours without causing discomfort in your fingers.

There are other items I wish they made associated with Fly Tying- but for now I'm very satisfied with the products I do have.

HP Chromebook 11-1101 (White/Blue)
HP Chromebook 11-1101 (White/Blue)
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $239.99
29 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Chromebook 11- excellent build quality and phenomenal display, February 11, 2014
I've had my Chromebook 11 for 2 weeks. I struggled at first thinking that it was just a crippled laptop and that a brain dead x86 laptop running Chrome and Google cloud services was the same thing.

I was wrong.

I found that I was grabbing the Chromebook over my Nexus 7 and also my 13" ultrabook. The weight and display quality is just too much of a draw. I agree with Cenile D. Mentia's review on the Processor- the machine would be faster with a Haswell chip but it would also probably gain 10 or more ounces and have a fan. Once I got over the fact that I shouldn't leave more than about 8 windows open- I didn't have issues. I suspect the issue is memory management in the OS and not the ARM architecture. 2GB of RAM for the OS should be plenty. I'm confident Google will clean-up this issue.

I look at this machine as the iPhone of Chromebooks. What it does it does well. It doesn't do everything. If you are truly ready to kneel to Google and move to the Google ecosystem then this is a great machine to do it. Give yourself a few days to adapt. It's caused me to de-clutter how I work on my personal computing. I don't have 4 major things running at once on the Chromebook while streaming Youtube and Netflix simultaneously- but who really needs that anyway.

My only persistent gripe is the lack of SKYPE in Chrome. I like the Outlook mail app more than Gmail- so if Microsoft is willing to support that in Chrome, hopefully SKYPE will come soon. There's chatter on the web about Microsoft supporting SKYPE within the Outlook mail app which would be nice.

Summary:
- Gorgeous Build Quality
- Well though-out
- Not a Power User Laptop- but this isn't Chrome's place
- Read about the Slimport capabilities- if you have a Nexus7, your adapters will work on that too. It's about $12 for an adapter from Amazon.

Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus
Breville JE95XL Two-Speed Juice Fountain Plus
9 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made, January 3, 2014
Overall a well made machine. I've been impressed with how well it works compared to a Kenwood juicer it replaced. The design is well thought-out and executed with high quality materials. It does take a large amount of counter space- so be prepared for that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3