Profile for P. Grout > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Grout RSS Feed (Louisiana, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
AmazonBasics USB Charging and Sync Cable for Apple iPhone 4, iPod, and iPad 3rd Generation - 3.2 Feet (1.0 Meter)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but NOT cheap!!, November 4, 2013
I have waited over a year of use to review this.

My original cable for my 4S crapped out, and I went through two different cheap cables. Both promptly fell apart. I figured this one was worth a shot, especially with Prime delivery.

There really isn't much to say. I plug it in. It works. It works with my case, same as OEM. The cheap ones didn't. I am not intentionally brutal to my gear, I do not baby it either. This cable has seen plenty of normal usage. And still works perfectly. It has lasted a year longer than the cheapies, and months longer than the OEM cable.

Money well spent.

MMS Refills for Movemint (Ungimmicked) - Trick
MMS Refills for Movemint (Ungimmicked) - Trick
Offered by Grab Deals
Price: $12.64
6 used & new from $12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, November 4, 2013
These taste great, are small and in a very handy container. I'm a smoker, (I know, STILL. Starting my next attempt to break this 35 year habit in 2 weeks) and these are very handy to carry about for after a cigarette. I got hooked on them (the mints, not the cigs!) long ago, but have a hard time finding them. So I just buy a couple of nine packs every 2-3 months from Amazon. They are daily carry for me, and have been for years.

Smead BCCRN Bar-Style Color-Coded Numeric Label, 3, Label Roll, Dark Orange, 500 labels per Roll (67373)
Price: $9.94
18 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not radioactive, November 4, 2013
The bad - I did not lose weight, nor become wealthy in two weeks, nor did any supermodels sexually accost me.

The good - If you have paper files, and organize them numerically with a system over trinary, you are certain to need labels with the number "3". Personally my business uses base ten to organize our files, so "3"'s are essential.

The print is clear and they do not smudge or fall off. I do not think they are designed to do anything else, and have not discovered any hidden super powers these labels have. But my research continues..

Z845#29A Color Print Cartridge
Z845#29A Color Print Cartridge
Offered by ONGO products
Price: $22.48
53 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It just plain works., November 4, 2013
It works as advertised. I have the Lexmark x5070, and originally calls for a #29 color cartridge. The 29A here is the same size and fits exactly. I called Lexmark customer service, they said that the 29 and 29A are interchangeable, but the 29A has more ink.

Sadly, my local Wal Mart no longer carries either color cartridge for my printer, and it's 20 miles to the next town. Amazon to the rescue! More ink, lower price, and I don't have to burn a few gallons of gas and waste more than an hour of my day. Thanks, Amazon!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 6:38 PM PDT

CALMOSEPTINE OINT 4OZ TB, 2 pack
CALMOSEPTINE OINT 4OZ TB, 2 pack
Offered by AmericanWholesale
Price: $13.95
27 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, July 1, 2013
Used this product during 'prep' before a colonoscopy. It was fantastic--cooling and soothing. It does not have a strong odor. It is very thick, so 'a dab will do ya'. Product delivery time was prompt and cost seemed very fair for two tubes. Thank you!

Victorinox Swiss Army Champion Plus Pocket Knife
Victorinox Swiss Army Champion Plus Pocket Knife
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $43.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, January 9, 2013
I bought this to replace an earlier version of the Champion I've carried for decades. Nothing at all wrong with my old knife, I just wanted to get some of the newer features. The tiny screwdriver is a very nice addition, especially for changing the tiny batteries in electronics.

This knife lives up to my very high expectations. The blades hold an edge well, and the knife is typical Victorinox high quality. At first it was a little stiff, but regular use has taken care of that. Mine lives in my front pocket, clipped to an ITP AAA light, and both are called on regularly. If I don't need them personally, someone near me will ask. It's the downside of being known as someone who is prepared.

The Victorinox saw and scissors work better than on any other pocket knife/tool. The other tools work as advertised, and you can rely on them. I don't really miss the pliers on this model, I don't find myself using pliers that much. In my opinion, there are better pliers on pocket tools anyway, and I think the pliers would make it a bit much for pocket carry. This knife's biggest benefit is massive versatility, while still being small enough for comfortable constant carry. Face it, no tool is much good if you don't have it with you. And this one is ALWAYS with me.

Over the years, I have tried carrying other knives/tools. But this is the one I keep coming back to.

For the record, my older one is only semi retired. It gets put in my wife's purse during hurricane season.

If you are a knife user, and not a collector, this is the one that will get you the most bang for the buck/size/weight. It will not let you down when you need it. Do yourself a favor, and buy one.

iTP A3 EOS 96 Lumen Flashlight -Upgrade Version 1 X AAA battery
iTP A3 EOS 96 Lumen Flashlight -Upgrade Version 1 X AAA battery
Offered by Aimkon Outdoors
Price: $17.95
4 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., January 9, 2013
This was bought to EDC, and works quite well. Mine lives in my front pocket, clipped to a Victorinox Champion Plus, and both get used very often. When we were out of power during Hurricane Isaac, I would clip it onto the bill of a baseball cap, instant headlamp.

The light is quite good for a AAA light, and it has never failed me. I would definitely buy again.

Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut
Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, September 17, 2012
Good story, good storytelling about a tumultuous period in NASA's history. Thank you, Col. Mullane for you service from the F-4's to the STS. I especially thank you for letting me know, in a small way, Judith Reznik. A great lady, a hero, the woman who tamed Planet AD. Thanks, Col. Mullane.

PRIMA TOOLS 30107 Diagonal Pliers
PRIMA TOOLS 30107 Diagonal Pliers
Offered by Limited Goods
Price: $6.38
22 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Great, Less Cutting!, July 19, 2012
These are the best tasting pliers I've ever had! I only rarely consume hand tools for breakfast, but I'll make an exception for these pliers. The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because they suck at cutting. They just make the item wet and sticky.

Karcher Modular Series 1550PSI Electric Pressure Washer With 20-Foot Hose, K2.28 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, October 12, 2010
I bought this on a whim, mainly to pressure wash my deck. It arrived one day ahead of schedule. Since I've had it, I've done the deck, porches, shutters, walks, and a tractor. It's small and light, and my wife (!) wants to use it. For it's size, it's very powerful, but still hasn't damaged anything. Very effective and user friendly, so far reliable, all for an excellent price.

Strong buy recommendation. BTW, of all the things I've bought from Amazon, this is the first time I've been pleased enough to say that, or to write a review.

UPDATE APRIL 2012:

I've had this for a year and a half and it still works perfectly. Pressure washing porches, deck and shutters has become an annual event. My only problem has been storage. TIP: If you live in an area with dirt daubers, wrap the nozzles in plastic before storing. Those little "friends" will clog up the back end of the nozzles, and it's a pain to get it cleared.

Page: 1 | 2