Profile for A Markley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A Markley RSS Feed (Manhattan, KS United States)

The Garden of Eve
The Garden of Eve
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)
8 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful way to spend time, August 7, 2012
I bought this as a story CD at our local library's annual book sale and expected to listen to it while my 7 year old daughter and I made the 7 hour drive to visit my sister-in-law. The story was so engaging and entertaining that the drive just flew by! Wonderful story of a mother and daughter's love for each other, as well as the story of how that young girl learns to have a relationship with her father.

Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home: Walk Your Belly Flat
Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home: Walk Your Belly Flat
DVD ~ Leslie Sansone
Price: $8.79
34 used & new from $4.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the set up, February 26, 2010
Kathy in Ohio mentioned the fact that the first and last miles of the three miles covered are not true miles since they incorporate the warm up and the cool down,and I agree this is disappointing, but the other thing I think is disapointing is that it's presented in the menu as chapters... "mile 1, mile 2, mile 3" but in all actuality it's just the video that keeps playing. I had to stop it myself once mile 1 was completed. There was also no option to just go to the abs portion except to begin the program and fast forward through all three miles. Technology is too advanced for this type of laziness... she's not saving any money in the cost of video production by just lumping it all in together. I'll be bringing this one back. Hopefully I can find a Sansone video that works more in chapter form so I can use her program... I like the walking idea for bad weather days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2010 4:19 PM PDT

Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog
Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog
by Sara Swan Miller
Price: $5.39
182 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun book., December 27, 2008
My mom has a copy, I have a copy for my children, and I just bought one for my friend who's dog is her baby. She loved the idea of stories to read to him. The other book about cats is fun too.

Dearfoams Women's Dreamtop Closed Toe Scuff Slipper,Chino,Medium
Dearfoams Women's Dreamtop Closed Toe Scuff Slipper,Chino,Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Dearfoams are awesome!!!, December 27, 2008
I bought my first pair of Dearfoams when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and my feet were swollen and uncomfortable. They were a god-send! I just bought a pair for my best friend who is 8 months pregnant and she loves them. Now, I have a second pair and don't want to take them off. They fit so well and are so comfortable. They are reasonably priced, too. Everyone should have a pair!

The Runaway Bunny
The Runaway Bunny
by Margaret Wise Brown
Edition: Board book
Price: $8.09
457 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A favorite bed time story, January 25, 2007
This review is from: The Runaway Bunny (Board book)
My daughter LOVES books and being read to! This is one of our favorites and she helps pick out her own books for bedtime, so she is choosing this one herself. It's comforting without being too intense, and the illustrations are nice. They follow the same pattern of black&white/ color/ b&w that Goodnight Moon does, and that is one of our other favorites.

I think this is among those books that EVERY child should have in their personal library!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Complete Sixth Season
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Complete Sixth Season
DVD ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar
15 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Disc Two???, July 7, 2004
Has anyone else had problems with Disc Two? I have picked up two different box sets of Season 6, and I can't get Disc Two to work. I keep getting a password prompt that I can't get around. I have my DVD password shut off. Any hints? Help??

Twenty Years From Home 1977-1997
Twenty Years From Home 1977-1997
11 used & new from $9.88

3.0 out of 5 stars long lost great rock and roll, June 11, 2002
I love these songs. I do not like the re-recordings. I think the story of why goes like this: Original singer--Dead. Original master tapes--Lost. So, in order to get the music out, the band had to re do it. Not as good as the original, but it will do.
****This is me standing corrected. It was not Bobby Barth, but Mike Osbourne ( the other guitarist, I BELIEVE) who was killed. Either way, Death derailed a GREAT band.***********
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2008 8:10 AM PDT

Bein' With You This Way
Bein' With You This Way
by W. Nikola-Lisa
Price: $8.95
113 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One for young and old, September 18, 2000
What a wonderful, versatile book. I teach a 4-year old Pre-K class and I originally chose this book because it focuses on the fact that while people may all be different from each other physically, we can all enjoy each other's company. I have a very mixed class racially, and it is always a priority of mine to have available literature who's illustrations portray a range of races, especially books that do not specifically deal with a race's holiday or special event. I want to draw attention to the fact that we do not only see non-white, non-"typical" children only at certain times of the year. When I got the book out from the library and began reading it, I discovered that it was also enjoyable to read and listen to. It's writing has a very rhythmic, sing-song quality that appeals to my students. The art work is a mix of watercolor and colored pencil, and depicts people of all races and ages playing together at a park. My children regularly pick this book out of the book area and ask that I read it to them, and as they hear it more and more they begin to speak parts along with me. What a joy it is to have a book that really reaches out to my children that strongly. I have just added the book to my wish list so that I can have a copy for myself, and hope that my own children enjoy it as much as I do so I continue to have a reason to read it at home as well as at school.