Profile for Michael Moore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Moore RSS Feed (MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Dora the Explorer Season 6
Dora the Explorer Season 6
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 8, 2014
Educational enough and my 2 year old loves it.

Toro Snowblower Power Clear 418 ZE 87cc (18") ES #38282
Toro Snowblower Power Clear 418 ZE 87cc (18") ES #38282

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so great, December 23, 2013
It took about 10-20 minutes to setup, a bottle of oil was included. The only external tools required were a hex wrench and an adjustable wrench for the snow chute. I believe the hex was an 11mm but don't quote me, it was definitely between 8-12mm.

It started right up, once I remembered the little red key. It holds a lot of gas, about 2 gallons I believe, I'll have to update on how long the tank lasts, but I've used it a couple times so far and it hasn't run out yet.

As for moving snow: It did a great job with the couple of snow falls we've got in SE Michigan this month. The first was over 5", but I shoveled the first 1/2 that morning. By the time the evening came it was as if I hadn't done a thing, so I went and bought this from a local shop, there was about another 3-5" of snow left on the ground. The first time using it, I walked at a slow pace, it shot the dry snow fairly far, and didn't sputter. The second snowfall I walked at a faster pace (about the same amount of snow) and it took it like a champ. Turned an hours worth of work into about 12 minutes. It doesn't shoot the wet snow as far, just an fyi, and it did start to stutter when I got to a section about +15" tall, but I took it slow and it managed to power through it.

I made the decision to clear the entire sidewalk and not just a skinny path, the blower is slightly narrow compared to a regular sidewalk so it took about 3 back and forths to clear the entire sidewalk, 4 if you have extra wide sidewalks.

It is heavy but it's got wheels. I wouldn't use it for steps, but then again I don't have many steps. I still have to get used to pulling the key out to stop it, a bit awkward but not a deal breaker.

A CHILD OF A CRACKHEAD (Part 1) (A  CHILD OF A CRACKHEAD)
A CHILD OF A CRACKHEAD (Part 1) (A CHILD OF A CRACKHEAD)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, February 18, 2013
While this wasn't the worst book I've ever read it certainly wasn't among the best. There were a lot of grammatical errors and it just didn't grab me like I wanted it to.

American Crime
American Crime
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie but very disturbing, December 10, 2012
This is a great movie but a very sad story. I thought the acting was very well done but if you can't stomach all of the abuse that was going on then you shouldn't watch this movie. I saw the girl next door as well and that movie was a lot worse. This movie didn't show as much abuse as TGND but it was still a little tough to watch.

The Hanged Man
The Hanged Man
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Whack, September 5, 2012
This movie was very stupid and a waste of time. Please don't waste an hour and 30 minutes of your life like I did.

The Man From Nowhere (English Subtitled)
The Man From Nowhere (English Subtitled)
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 14, 2012
This was a good action movie and it also had some funny parts. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes action and even if you don't you will probably enjoy this movie.

Bible Mad Gab
Bible Mad Gab
Price: $26.96
20 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice family game, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Bible Mad Gab (Toy)
Great game, most words aren't too hard, but there is a challenge present. There is an "easy" side and a "hard" side, but even some of the easy ones aren't so easy lol. Nice for a family game night, and it definitely encourages me to stay in the Word! I gave the educational value 5 stars instead of 4 b/c it has the book chapter and verse on the card as well (tiny print for the person looking at the answer).

Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training
DVD ~ Mark Rippetoe
Price: $22.46
12 used & new from $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compliment to the book, well worth the $$, April 9, 2012
Other reviews on this DVD here on amazon go into great detail on the content of the DVD, so I won't waste space. I bought the Starting Strength book 2nd Edition here on Amazon first, and the DVD really makes everything in the book come to life. I would recommending purchasing the book (now 3rd edition at the time of this review) and also this DVD, b/c in the book Rippetoe also goes into further detail regarding different body types/physical limitations and how to overcome them.

This DVD walks through:
5)Press

Target Home Wood Hangers 24-pk. - Cherry
Target Home Wood Hangers 24-pk. - Cherry

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Hangers, December 30, 2011
I didn't get the hangers from Amazon, so I can't comment on the shipping prices. I bought them from Target, for the price they look nice and are sturdy. Everywhere else I have seen these style hangers they are about the same price, so I don't think you will find them too much cheaper.

Man Up
Man Up
Price: $10.00
32 used & new from $8.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., October 14, 2011
This review is from: Man Up (Audio CD)
I'll start with the DVD. As the preview says, it's a short film about Manhood. This is not a spoiler so don't worry. The DVD follows a young black/African-American man during his 1st summer after he graduates high school. He is staying in the 'hood and has to battle the common temptations/pressures that we have to face daily. It does have a low-budget feel to it, but for me the acting by the main character (and even the supporting cast at times) was so intense that after the first couple of minutes I was into the story and didn't even think about the low-budgetness(?) of it. The movie seeks to portray Jesus in a new way than he is typically shown, and also shows young black men can follow God and still be who they are (Without the sin, of course, but you will have to see the movie for yourself to see what I mean :- .

Also, I've watched movies like State Property back in the day and even though that had a low budget feel to it I allowed myself to be subjected to what they portrayed, so I was able to keep an open-mind to this movie and I have to say it's a blessing. One last thing about the movie is that it used real actors/actresses in the movie and didn't fill the cast with everyone on the recording label like other labels (mainly secular) do. I initially watched the movie w/out the reflections and I have to say depending on the audience that is a good idea. I went back and watched the reflections last and they were powerful.

Now the CD. First, let me say that yes, it's only 7 tracks long. The last 116 album I bought was only about 6 tracks long (Amped and it was different to buy an album that short but I wasn't disappointed. Again, this time around I wasn't disappointed. The 1st track is the Man Up Anthem, rough beat with the artists goin' hard with the lyrics. It does seem like they're tryin to one up each other but in the end it turned out to be a awesome track. The rest of the album follows this same suit and they do not neglect to give honor and praise to Jesus Christ. The theme of the album (which is an appropriate soundtrack) follows the theme of the movie to the T.

This is perfect for men ministries and youth ministries alike, especially for the young men that are too old for youth ministries and feel like they are too young for the mens ministries, we have a few of those at my church.

Well done Reach/116/Sho Baraka/Man Up cast&staff, well done.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2012 8:35 PM PST