Profile for K. Hill > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 757

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Hill RSS Feed (Windsor, NC USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Cleanser, 9 Fluid Ounce
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Cleanser, 9 Fluid Ounce
Price: $7.97
2 used & new from $7.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters Cleansers, March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, acrylates copolymer, cocomidopropyl betaine, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, disodium EDTA, citric acid, camellia sinensis leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben

PROS: It foams well and smells nice.

CONS: I in no way consider myself to be an expert on what ingredients we’re supposed to be avoiding now. I don’t even look up that sort of information because when I do I get the urge to start making my own soap. But I think most of us have heard about parabens. Recently I’ve heard more about sodium laureth sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate and had to struggle to give up body wash because of them.

2 STARS: The product’s claims may be true but I can’t see myself using it on a regular basis.

Fisher-Price Thomas Wooden Railway Set, Celebration on Sodor
Fisher-Price Thomas Wooden Railway Set, Celebration on Sodor
Price: $77.30
6 used & new from $76.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Thomas Wooden Railway Set, March 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Though my daughter has only occasionally watched Thomas the Train, she loves playing with trains. Each time we’ve taken her to a children’s museum, we always end up having to pull her away from the trains when we’re ready to leave. A couple of years ago I bought her an oval starter set and for her birthday this year, I bought her an expansion pack.

PROS: Kids are sure to enjoy it. It’s so simple yet my daughter is drawn to it again and again. The set is very durable and well made. Properly taken care of, you could probably pass it down for generations.

CONS: All of these sets are a little pricey. I think I bought my original oval on sale for about thirty dollars. It was a simple set with fewer parts.

BeoPlay H8 - Gray Hazel
BeoPlay H8 - Gray Hazel
Price: $499.00

4.0 out of 5 stars BeoPlay H8, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Bang & Olufsen H8 Wireless noise cancellation headset is comfortable to wear for long periods of time. I used it both wirelessly with my Galaxy Note 3 and wired with my computer. Using Bluetooth, the H8 paired with my phone easily. From the Note, I changed the Bluetooth settings so that it would not call out while I figured out how to adjust the volume and other settlings for music from my phone. (I accidently called a friend twice when I first started playing with the headphones.) In addition to an audio cable, there is a USB cable to charge the battery with.

CONS: For high-end audio equipment like this, I would expect an outlet plug and possibly a case, but their absences are not a deal-breaker for this headset – although I did take a star away for it.

Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Vacuum Cleaner
Miele Complete C3 Brilliant Vacuum Cleaner
Price: $1,499.00
14 used & new from $1,499.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Miele Complete C3, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PROS: It’s quiet. The suction is great and it pushes without too much effort. Our carpets looked fantastic.

I love that the smaller attachments are housed inside the vacuum body. Even the cord is stored on the inside and retracts with the touch of a button.

The cord is really long. We were able to do all the floors in the apartment with the vacuum plugged in at one central location.

CONS: Vacuum bags. They’re a pain. Having to find the right one for your model and the continual need to purchase them is no fun.

It’s a bit cumbersome. The special head is the heaviest I’ve ever experienced and moving around the canister body is something I’ll have to grow accustomed to doing.

The assembly instructions were basically pictures. I put it together without even glancing them because I’ve never found picture instructions to be particularly helpful.

Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc Eau de Toilette for Men, 3.3 fl. oz.
Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc Eau de Toilette for Men, 3.3 fl. oz.
Price: $69.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacoste Eau de Lacoste, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
PROS: My husband has sinus and allergy issues so he rarely wears scents. Fortunately, this didn’t bother him. It had a light clean scent.

CONS: Neither of us was blown away by this cologne. I didn't find it either offensive or attractive. It has a generic smell that didn’t impress.

3 - 3.5 STARS: It's simply okay. I don't think this is going to become my husband's signature fragrance.

Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes, 54 Count Box (Pack of 2)
Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes, 54 Count Box (Pack of 2)
Price: $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Clorox Dust Wipes, February 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The wipes are thin and soft. They come in a box that dispenses them like facial tissues.

These are great for dry dusting. They pick up dust, crumbs, and even glitter well, leaving surfaces looking clean. I did the majority of my dusting with just one wipe. (That included a desk, a printer, a monitor, a television, two television consoles, and a dresser.) The only shine they leave behind is whatever is natural to the wood or item that you’re dusting. Still, I was very happy with the results. With 54 wipes in the box, these will probably last me a very long time.

5 STARS: They’re very effective and especially useful for cleaning electronics. These are great for a quick and convenient cleaning.

Sieged by Rym
Sieged by Rym
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sieged by Rym, February 9, 2015
This review is from: Sieged by Rym (Kindle Edition)
PLOT: Krysteena kidnapped Rym from his planet as her chosen mate. Her planet is low on males and his is low on females. When he refuses to be Krysteena's mate, Krysteena’s mother makes both of them spend a year on Earth as housecats.

PROS: The idea is good and the world building is very well done. The story is incredibly creative. I loved all the little details that enhanced the tale. The connection between Rym and Krysteena was steamy. As always with this author, the hero sounded yummy.

CONS: So much is packed into this in this short story, it feels like it should be longer. I wanted to see more interaction between Rym and Krysteena.

Krysteena treats Rym rather poorly and doesn’t take a second to consider how she would feel in his situation. It’s not until the end that she seems to feel any remorse. It made her difficult to like at times.

4 STARS: I enjoyed Sieged by Rym and would like to see more stories in this series.

Rochas Eau Sensuelle Eau de Toilette, 1.6 fl. oz.
Rochas Eau Sensuelle Eau de Toilette, 1.6 fl. oz.
Price: $51.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Rochas Eau Sensuelle, February 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked the smell very much. It’s soft, sweet, and warm. I don’t notice it for very long but then I don’t tend to use very much—just a spray behind the ears and on the wrists. By the end of the day, it’s subtle but still smells very good.

5 STARS: My favorite fragrance at the moment is J’adore. I think this fragrance is similar in its sensuality. It’s not a sharp or aggressive smell. I love it.

Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow Plus Primer, Mink Brown, 0.24 Ounce
Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow Plus Primer, Mink Brown, 0.24 Ounce
Price: $8.90
4 used & new from $8.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Neutrogena Eye Shadow Plus Primer, January 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve always found the smoky eye look very attractive and wanted to try it. But I’m no makeup artist and poorly applied eye shadow is a frightening thing. So I’ve avoided it for years.

PROS: I liked that this came with four different shades with directions for application.

CONS: This is probably operator error, but I never could achieve a look that I liked. I couldn’t get it to smear properly. In fact, I could only get it to smear when I was struggling to remove it.

I didn’t feel that the color had enough impact on my skin tone. My husband could barely tell I had it on. I guess that could also be considered a good thing since I’d prefer that to looking like I had a black eye.

3.5 STARS: I experimented with this several times and never liked the look.

The Sims 4 Premium Edition
The Sims 4 Premium Edition
Offered by Bezerker's Game Sales
Price: $100.00
21 used & new from $69.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Sims 4, January 12, 2015
PROS: I like the graphics and the look of the Sims. The scenery is beautiful. The homes are beautiful. I love the new roof styles.

Customizing the Sims is fun. A great deal has already been said about creation so I won’t add to that. There is a decent variety of clothing. Eventually you will find many of your Sims wearing similar clothes because you can pick out multiple outfits for them. As I like a certain look, it gets repeated often.

Load times are quick. I’m running it on a Windows 7 system and find the load times acceptable.

CONS: It has been one glitch after another. I could care less about the loss of toddlers. They were the most difficult to care for anyway. I’m happy they added pools. But what would make me really happy is not to have to go from one issue to the next. First it seemed that the game crashed constantly. I’ve never had a Sims game crash this much. Move a Sim into a new home. Crash! Try to save a game. Crash! Try to exit to the neighborhood. Crash! Okay. Then that was fixed to a certain extent. Then I couldn’t get it to shut down. That was fixed. Then Sims couldn’t get food from the fridge without forgetting everything in their queue. Last week, I created a Sim using a Sim I’d created previously in CAS. I changed his name, personality, eye color, hair color and hair style. Who knew that this would cause his alter ego (who was now an elder) to disappear altogether and be replaced by him? My new Sim was at once a new person and the old Sim. He was sort of in the old house with a grayed out picture and his wife was in love with him. And he was in the new home where he did not know anyone and was not married. And now I can’t play at all. I click on a house and it acts like it’s going to load only to put me back at the neighborhood screen.

There are minor details that are so annoying. When Sims marry their last name doesn’t change. And the person they marry doesn’t move into the house. You have to go to the neighborhood screen to move them. (And probably initiating a crash.) Throwing parties is a chore since you have a specific set of goals to achieve to make the party a success. There are a limited number of lots and Maxis filled many of them with expensive homes your Sims won’t be able to afford right away. I could go on with the issues…

2 STARS: I skipped Sims 3 because I thought the Sims were ugly so I’ve been looking forward to this game for a REALLY long time. As a fan that started playing with the original game, it pains me to say that this game sucks. I preordered Sims 4 a year in advance but if this latest glitch isn’t addressed soon, I’m going to uninstall and go back to Sims 2.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20