Profile for Buck Winthrop > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Buck Winthrop "Author of Ocean Drive-A Novel" RSS Feed (Beverly Hills, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Santangelos: A Novel
The Santangelos: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky is Back in The Sizzling "The Santangelos", June 24, 2015
Jackie Collins most engaging character of all "Lucky Santangelo" began in the intoxicating "Chances" seemingly a million light years away. It was my first Collins book and one I have read over and over and over again. Now, the story continues in the latest offering "The Santangelos" and like all of her books, it delivers all the bells and whistles of her sizzling storytelling. It is page-turning and hilarious in spots with biting dialogue and ultra sexy-characters. We love and hate many of them at the same time and before long you are hooked and forget about life for a few hours. In that department, Jackie Collins is and always has been the "Master of The Game"

Red Carpets & White Lies : A Novel
Red Carpets & White Lies : A Novel
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Frothy Miami Beach Cocktail Of A Novel, May 21, 2015
Lea Black knows Miami. As a pivotal "character" on Bravo's Real Housewives of Miami she was clearly taking notes to continue the antics once her show ended. In Red Carpets & White Lies, she delivers a fun, dishy walk down the red carpet into the lives of her frothy, larger than life characters. She gets the setting just right (no surprise there) and refrains (disappointingly) from trashing anyone too harshly. It is like a cool, breezy tropical drink with a dolphin sticking out of it. It is pretty to look at, fun to hold and delicious to drink--with a zingy effect afterwards.

The Case of Lucy Bending
The Case of Lucy Bending
by Lawrence Sanders
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Chilling, Brilliant Masterpiece., February 2, 2015
I will always remember reading this book way back when it came out. It was so dark and disturbing and in less capable hands might have sunk into sleazy territory. Instead, it is by far one of Lawrence Sanders best books and one of the best such books ever. I often wonder why it was not made into a major film. Perhaps they could never find the actress to play it. I wish it would come out on Kindle and get a whole new life of readers.

Jarrow Formulas Nac Sustain 600mg, 100 Tablets
Jarrow Formulas Nac Sustain 600mg, 100 Tablets
Price: $18.17
27 used & new from $16.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best N.A.C. on The Market., February 2, 2015
Several years ago when I had serious liver problems i started with Jarrow products beginning with this one. I had tried several others and for one reason or another I didn't keep using them. The time release delivery of this important nutrient has been a real game changer for me and my health. I take it first thing in the morning with Green Tea and Alkaline water, B12, and SamE. I think this really gets the liver flushing out toxins that were processed during the night. To this day, my liver function tests have been perfect. I will be taking it every day for the rest of my life. I feel it is that crucial to my health.

Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum -- 30 mL
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum -- 30 mL
Offered by TheNewMall
Price: $26.58
25 used & new from $21.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Hippie is Mad Good., February 2, 2015
There are many Vitamin-C serums on the market. I have tried and reviewed many. From the minute I emptied the dropper into a damp hand I could tell this product was superior. Less than a minute after massaging into face, neck and hands you feel an instant hydration, and a cool refreshing feeling. After several days of twice daily use I notice a definite difference in the texture and appearance of my skin. The product smells great, has a wonderful consistency and gets 5 stars on every level. I am anxious to try the other products in the line and will be updating the results.

The Star Spangled Banner
The Star Spangled Banner
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $4.23
118 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Rendition Of All Time, February 2, 2015
What can one say except that Whitney Houston's version of The Star Spangled Banner is not just the greatest rendition ever performed, it ranks as one of the greatest live performances of all time. One that will never be matched. I can listen to it again and again and never get sick of hearing her voice.

SOYJOY Snack Bar, Cranberry, 1.05 Ounce, 12 Count
SOYJOY Snack Bar, Cranberry, 1.05 Ounce, 12 Count
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $22.42
3 used & new from $12.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Soy Based Products Are Not Healthy, February 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As any savvy health and fitness goer knows Soy can be the kiss of death. For myself, being over 40 I had issues with hormone imbalance which we discovered was coming from Soy which carries estrogens into the body an/or converts to estrogen. In females this extra presence of estrogen is dangerous. On this basis, it is a total pass. I did not like the taste or texture or the smell of the bar. I think anyone thinking of trying this needs to do research on the dangers of Soy.

Heart's Desire: The Bold and the Beautiful
Heart's Desire: The Bold and the Beautiful
Price: $4.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A Soap Fan Delight., January 19, 2015
If you are a soap fan not getting enough drama, Heart's Desire might fill the void. This is my first try at one of these books and I feel for what it is, it delivers a decent story without a lot of smoke and mirrors. You know what it is going in and that is what you get. The Bold and The Beautiful is a sleek, beautifully produced show popular around the world. This book is a perfect alignment for the brand. A fast, easy read.

The Forgotten Place
The Forgotten Place
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Josh Griffith Title Thus Far., January 19, 2015
To my surprise, after starting with the Jason Chance books "The Forgotten Place" turns out to be my favorite so far. Jimmy Conner's plight revolving around his high school reunion and the twists around a murder are the stuff of great storytelling. Once everything is set in place, the book is tightly woven and suspenseful yet, as with the authors other books, interjected with dry humor whether intentional or not I find really entertaining. TV writer authors have the gift of giving it to us straight but with a twist. Engrossing book I do not think anyone will be disappointed in.

An Awesome Wave
An Awesome Wave
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This Alt-J Late Bloomer Is Obsessed., December 19, 2014
This review is from: An Awesome Wave (MP3 Music)
I got into the Alt-J game late. I didn't know much about them until one day I was in a friends car and An Awesome Wave was on. I was drawn right in (which is very odd for me) It has been a very long time since I heard music then picked up my iPhone and bought a CD within 30 minutes. But hat is exactly what I did and I listened to it non-stop for days. It is just everything. I just ordered two more and will get the whole list in time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6