Profile for John Maliga > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Maliga "manskybook" RSS Feed (Los Angeles CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Moscow Mules 16 oz. Copper Moscow Mule Mug
Moscow Mules 16 oz. Copper Moscow Mule Mug
Offered by ClickToShop
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $17.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect proportions, June 6, 2014
I liked this more than I thought I would. The cup is just the right size for iced adult beverages, and the handle ample enough for my rather large hands. Not simply pleasing to look at, this cup seems to make iced beverages more refreshing, the copper to my lip a nicer sensation than a glass, with mixed drinks. Definitely a sharp addition to my kitchenware.

Westek OMLC3BC Outdoor Motion Activated Light Control
Westek OMLC3BC Outdoor Motion Activated Light Control
Price: $20.56
14 used & new from $12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars It works as advertised, May 16, 2014
I use these to bypass pull chains in closets. It's much easier, and it works most of the time with no intervention. Every once in a while I have to wave my hands, as the angle of the sensor is a bit difficult to adjust, especially in a narrow area like a closet. I recommend this product.

Delta Faucet U4929-PK Universal Showering Components 3-Way Shower Arm Diverter for Handshower, Chrome
Price: $28.06
25 used & new from $16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars handsome product, May 14, 2014
nicely designed, simple to use, easy to mount, and attractive. I would buy one for every shower I had (but I have only one).

InterDesign Self-Adhesive Towel Grabber, White, Set of 2
InterDesign Self-Adhesive Towel Grabber, White, Set of 2
Price: $5.56
12 used & new from $0.25

4.0 out of 5 stars simple and great product, May 14, 2014
second time I ordered these (well, my wife ordered the first batch). What could be simpler? They're almost invisible, but infinitely useful. I'm sure the brushed nickel would be classier, but I think their great advantage is when you can't see them. You can put almost any cloth in the "V" for a secure fit and easy retrieval.

Two suggestions: color-matching might be useful, or, at least, using a pattern or color that would blend invisibly into the field; also, they are hard to align perfectly - one that we mounted head-on looked so crooked we had to take it down; there are no marks or guides to make these things look straight, and they are best in hidden locations that aren't easily spied.

QVS PB9-03 9-Outlet Surge Protector Wall-Mount Power Bar
QVS PB9-03 9-Outlet Surge Protector Wall-Mount Power Bar
Offered by pcrush-outlet
Price: $31.35
34 used & new from $19.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Meets basic needs, May 14, 2014
the simple black line works for where I need it, and the spacing of the 9 generous outlets is perfect. I thought I'd avoid the most common complaint here: that the item arrived damaged. But no - the "bottom" end of the package wasn't packed well, and the tab that provides two mounting points on the right side was bent 90 degrees.

I don't think anyone who orders these can't deal with stupid oversights by the people who pack and ship this stuff - it took me 10 seconds to find a pliers to straighten this out. But, with so many complaints of poor customer service and inattention to detail, you might think these folks would eliminate the middle and poor reviews by simply packing the damn thing better. A potential 5 is now a 3.

InterDesign Gia Suction Sink Center, Polished Stainless Steel
InterDesign Gia Suction Sink Center, Polished Stainless Steel
Price: $6.99
30 used & new from $4.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, simple product, May 14, 2014
looks nice on my tile backsplash, keeps my sponges and scrubbies air-dry. doesn't work on laminate surfaces (they're too rough?), but that's not the fault of the design. I'd buy it again.

The Carbonater
The Carbonater
Offered by Etailz
Price: $12.65
9 used & new from $7.50

2.0 out of 5 stars it appears that the Carbonater is the problem - too stiff and inconsistent to provide a good airlock and to provide CO2, May 8, 2014
This review is from: The Carbonater
This item has doubtless been shipped to those who want to carbonate water or other liquids, and has been shipped as a result of an article on Popsci. It is often used with http://www.amazon.com/16-Gas-Line-Assembly-Ball/dp/B0064OI77Y/ref=pd_sim_k_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1X7FE89CNBNH1XP26ZTH

I found the connection very hard to make and, isolating problems in the chain, it appears that the Carbonater is the problem - too stiff and inconsistent to provide a good airlock and to provide CO2. Maybe mine is a dud, but I discovered that making bubbly water is an aerobic exercise, not easily repeated.

I could not imagine my wife having the strength to even provide the 50% success rate in connecting to the upline CO2. The only thing it does well is to screw onto a 2-liter Coke bottle. Everything else is a chore.

Japanese Hori Hori Garden Landscaping Digging Tool With Stainless Steel Blade & Sheath
Offered by UJC Mart Japan
Price: $24.30
12 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, January 1, 2014
This is a great, general purpose, trimming, planting, and pruning tool. It's great for close-in work, or for cutting soft plant roots and succulents, and for repotting and separating plants and bulbs that have become overgrown. It is the most useful tool I never knew I needed.

Homier - Leaf Bin Set
Homier - Leaf Bin Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Homier - Leaf Bin Set (Misc.)
Having three sizes is the set's most useful feature, besides its compact form when collapsed. I was surprised, however, that after only a few month's use, the largest one (mostly used by my wife, who does not like to carry heavy items) wore through on the bottom, and the wire spring was exposed. It is still functional, but I imagine only a few more months of occasional use will wear it through completely.

Griffin Technology PowerDuo 2 amp Power Charger for iPad, iPhone and iPod (Black)
Offered by Griffin Tech
Price: $12.99
26 used & new from $9.96

3.0 out of 5 stars functional, but cheap components, January 1, 2014
Both the car charger and the wall wart are functional. I use both as auxiliary chargers, so I don't abuse them. However, the lightweight, stiff plastic cable stopped working after a few months of light use. Griffin was quick to replace it and had good customer service, but I am not impressed with the quality of the whole setup, despite its attractive blacks and treys. The whole kit seems a bit expensive for what it is, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5