Profile for Amazon Fan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Fan RSS Feed (Houston TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2
COD(TM) Stand Leather Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch 8.0 (Brown)
COD(TM) Stand Leather Case For Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch 8.0 (Brown)
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $10.85
3 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case, May 28, 2014
Fits well for Samsung Galaxy Tablet 3 8". it doesn't feel like leather but for the price it is great and looks pretty good. It seems to provide good protection as opposed to not having your tablet in a case. At least my tablet is not getting all scratched up while bumping around in my purse with my wallet, keys, and stuff.

Raymond Weil Women's 5399-STP-00995 "Tango" Two-Tone Mother-Of-Pearl Diamond Dial Dress Watch
Offered by WatchInGo
Price: $891.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect 18th birthday gift, March 18, 2014
This watch is as beautiful in person as in the pics at the website and we cannot wait to give it to our daughter in a couple of weeks. She tried this watch on but in all silver tone at a store in our town and just loved it, but she had said she was hoping it would come in 2-tone which the store didn't have. She is 5"6" 115lbs and the watch looks great on her wrist so not sure why some reviews indicated that this watch is too small. Pretty sure she is going to be super happy to receive this gift.

Speck Products FabShell Fabric-Covered Case for iPhone 5 & 5S - Retail Packaging - LoveBirds Peacock Teal
Price: $29.95
6 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, February 7, 2014
Bought this case in November because I loved the winter feel the case gave. I always get compliments. I've had the case for three months and have not experienced any major wear or tear. I use my phone hourly (if not every ten minutes!). Very nice and slim but still does go over and covers the slightest bit of the screen to protect phone if it falls face down.

Life and Death Decisions: The Quest for Morality and Justice in Human Societies (Contemporary Sociological Perspectives)
by Sheldon Ekland-Olson
Price: $15.77
54 used & new from $9.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book written by a great professor, February 7, 2014
Professor Ekland-Olson (if you go to UT Austin teaches UGS: Life and Death Decisions) did an amazing job and cramming the history of intense topics such as eugenics, abortion, and capital punishment into a short, easy to read book. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn the moral imperatives between life and death and the justifications we use to help us make our decisions between right and wrong. If you are considering taking the class at UT that goes along with this book, I would highly recommend it. This book (and class) really helps you grow as an individual and become someone who is well educated and knowledgeable on tough topics.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
by Rebecca Skloot
Price: $9.04
1144 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, January 21, 2014
Our teen read this book and thought it was a good book. We decided to order a electronic version of this book to read on our recent vacation and thought it was very interesting as well.

925 Sterling Silver Green Malachite Gemstone Bali Inspired Diamond Shaped Filigree Dangle Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, January 21, 2014
The earrings are a little on a small side, but they are still lovely and are light on the ears.

Samsung Series 9 NP900X3B-A01US 13.3-Inch Laptop (Titan Silver)
Samsung Series 9 NP900X3B-A01US 13.3-Inch Laptop (Titan Silver)
4 used & new from $599.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with just a few nit picky issues, July 13, 2013
I chose the x3b over the x3c because after reading reviews I decided the x3c was not worth the extra money. I am a college student who was mainly looking for a good laptop to do basic tasks. Before this Samsung, I had a Dell with an i3 core processor. I have to say that I don't notice a huge difference in the speed between the two laptops but I have yet to heavily multitask on this Samsung so the difference may yet to be explored.
I've had this laptop for only a day so my review is mainly first impressions. This laptop is amazingly thin and light weight. The size and appearance of this laptop are even more sleek than in the pictures (which is saying a lot since even the pictures are extremely impressive).
There are only a few small negative aspects I've noticed. First off, I can see how people do not like the track pad. If you push too far in the bottom left or right corner to click, the track pad does have issues sensing your click. However, I think this just takes some user adjustment. I've decided to use a mouse when I'm seated at a desk. I do have small hands but for me, the track pad does not get in the way of typing.
This brings me to the keyboard. The keys are not as protruding from the board as I am used to on my Dell but I think this just takes some getting used to. The keys are well spaced out and I adjusted perfectly to their location. The keys do light up a nice aqua color. The only thing I noticed is that my space bar row does not light up as much as the letter keys. I'm not sure if this was by design or a manufacturing glitch but either way it is not a huge, noticeable problem.
In terms of how hot it gets, I have yet to explore. I've been using it unplugged now on a desk for about 30-45 minutes and the bottom does seem a little warm. Not burn your hand if you touch it hot but it is noticeably warm. Not necessarily a negative but definitely something I will keep an eye on.
The last "negative" I have about this laptop is the USB and power slots on either side of the laptop. While the power plug is very thin and small, it still does get in the way of plugging in my flash drive. Maybe my flash drive is a little thick but either way I was hoping this would not happen. Since there are two, I just plug my small mouse USB into the slot by the power cord and plug my flash drive on the other side to avoid the problem. Secondly, the slots themselves are very tight and you have to push really hard to get the power cord in or the flash drives in. The first time I plugged anything in, I thought I had broken my laptop because I had to push it in so hard. Maybe it will loosen up with time.
Overall this laptop is fantastic and I would recommend it to a friend. It is portable and functional and will do the job! I'm having a real issue rating this laptop because I feel like it deserves more than a 4 but less than a 5. Ideally, I'd give it a 4.5

UPDATE:six months later
The size and weight is absolutely perfect- I carry it to class and barley feel a thing. If you are just using minor internet, Word, Powerpoint, the battery last for a good four hours or more. I complained earlier about the track pad location but at this point, I am so used to its location that it never gets in the way anymore when I am typing.
The only drawback I still notice about this laptop is that sometimes, when scrolling down a website using the mouse and side navigation bar, or when clicking a link, the mouse gets stuck and won't "unclick" whatever I clicked. After about a minute of randomly clicking around the screen, the mouse is back to working again but nonetheless it is a bit annoying. I would not change the rating but I would definitely recommend the laptop to a friend.

Via Spiga Women's Barbara Asymmetric Zip Trench, Pearl, S US
Via Spiga Women's Barbara Asymmetric Zip Trench, Pearl, S US

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge Trench, March 27, 2013
Love this trench coat. Beware that the size may be running a little big. Bought it for one daughter, but a small is stil too large for her so the other daughter kept it since she wears one size larger.

O-Cel-O No-Scratch Household Scrubbers SCRB02, 6-Count
O-Cel-O No-Scratch Household Scrubbers SCRB02, 6-Count
Price: $7.24

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, September 17, 2012
Have been using for several years and haven't found anything better. These scrubbers dry quickly so never get stinky like a sponge. They don't scratch the surface but strong enough to remove food grime.

Club Fun Table top Miniature Pool Table
Club Fun Table top Miniature Pool Table
Offered by EchoShop
Price: $49.50
6 used & new from $49.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun even for adults, September 13, 2011
The Club Fun table top miniature pool table arrived on time from The Price Pros. The $16+ shipping fee makes the price of this table a little high, but this little pool table is so much fun even for adults. The table arrived out of the box with 2 small damages (a tiny hole and a small dent in the inner lip of the table), but we were willing to overlook that because this table is so much fun and the accessories (balls and cues) and table itself look nice. The only part that looks of low quality is the pockets: the cheap vinyl pocket covers with the yellow tassels covering the cheap looking pocket net. Though we didn't want something cheap looking in our house, we enjoyed playing so much I was willing to spend the time and about $10 for supplies to replace the vinyl/cheap tassel pocket covers with real leather covers! The legs came unassembled (painted in very ugly reddish brown color that doesn't match the color of the table) and are easily screwed in to the bottom of the table (towards the middle of the table so you can set the pool table on a table that is shorter than the length of the pool table itself and now we don't really notice the ugly legs much once they are on). We only have the table for about a week so not sure how durable the felt will be and whether the pockets will hold up (the table is made of veneer plywood that seems to flake the first time we screwed in the 2 small side pocket brackets (only the corner pockets came assempbled but the two side pockets didn't; so even the first time we screwed them in before we decided to replace the pocket covers with leather).

Page: 1 | 2