Profile for gardengal55 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gardengal55 RSS Feed

Eat More of What You Love: Over 200 Brand-New Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
by Marlene Koch
Price: $21.33
182 used & new from $1.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it too soon to ask for more?, April 9, 2012
I have really enjoyed Eat What You Love, so I anticipated that I would also enjoy this book, but I have to say, Eat More of What You Love has exceeded my high expectations! I have had this book for a week, and so far I have made pasta pizza pie, spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, and cheddar bay biscuits (which are the perfect complement for the creamy tomato basil soup from EWYL) - all of which were AMAZING, and I have plans to make several more recipes in the near future. Seriously, no one would ever guess that this is "healthy" cooking, and it is wonderful to be able to plan a meal that easily incorporates the needs of diabetic and waistline-watching family members that everyone else will actually enjoy eating. I highly recommend this book (and its predecessor) to anyone looking for delicious and healthy meal ideas. Keep 'em coming, Marlene!

Something Blue
Something Blue
by Emily Giffin
Price: $12.01
1096 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly better than the first, June 13, 2011
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
I bought both this and Something Borrowed to read on a trip and absolutely LOATHED Something Borrowed. However, to my pleasant surprise, Something Blue was better. While the main character comes off as horribly flawed and completely unlikable upon introduction (in Something Borrowed), she does manage to somewhat redeem herself here. Still, this is not what I would describe as a fun read, so if you're looking for a fun, lighthearted escape - seriously, look elsewhere.

Something Borrowed
Something Borrowed
by Emily Giffin
Price: $10.28
1161 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like it..., June 13, 2011
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
Unfortunately, it was truly awful. I really wish I had stuck to the 50 page rule, but alas, I did not. The characters - all of them - are really REALLY unlikeable. Not funny or in any way uplifting - don't waste your time.