ARRAY(0x96e6e33c)

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

England "sciencebabe" RSS Feed (Northern California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Eat-a-Bug Cookbook, Revised: 40 Ways to Cook Crickets, Grasshoppers, Ants, Water Bugs, Spiders, Centipedes, and Their Kin
by David George Gordon
Price: $13.51
66 used & new from $8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy adventure!, November 23, 2013
Great information on collecting and using insects in food, plus the recipes work. I got it to use with my bug-loving grandson who was willing to give eating them a try. We made chocolate covered crickets as well as the stir-fried crickets. We made the meal-worm spaghetti too. They all turned out good. The chocolate covered crickets were much better than store bought. The stir fried crickets were reminiscent of shrimp. The mealworms were my least favorite but they worked well in the pasta b/c they have a cheesy kind of smell. The book also has resources for buying insects for cooking.

Chasing Ice [Blu-ray]
Chasing Ice [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ James Balog
Price: $24.96
40 used & new from $16.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and impressive, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Chasing Ice [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The photography is beyond beautiful. It's a movie both for those who want to see for themselves what's happening to the glaciers and for people who are interested in photography. There is a montage of images set to the song that is the theme for the movie included as a special feature that is so beautiful it moved me to tears.

SanDisk Extreme Plus 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 80MB/s (SDSDXS-032G-X46)
Price: $39.95
23 used & new from $23.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money., November 23, 2013
No complaints whatsoever. I used it in sub-zero temperatures and it performed beautifully. Believe it or not, I filled one whole card up taking aurora pictures as largest file size plus RAW.

OXO Good Grips Mini LiquiSeal Travel Mug, Silver
OXO Good Grips Mini LiquiSeal Travel Mug, Silver
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, November 23, 2013
Didn't keep my tea hot for very long at all - granted I was in very cold conditions. But worse, once I washed it with soap and water, I could not get the soap taste out of the lid.

Professional Timer Remote Control Shutter for PANASONIC Lumix (GH2, G2, GH3, G3, G1, GH1, GF1, GX1, G10, FZ50, FZ30, FZ20, FZ150, FZ100, LC1, L10, L1), LEICA Digilux (2, 3), and V-Lux (1, 2) + MagicFiber Microfiber
Offered by Digital Goja
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $21.15

5.0 out of 5 stars You will be happy with this!, November 23, 2013
I used this on my trip to the north to see and photograph aurora. It worked perfectly - even in the sub-zero temperatures. The instructions were a little hard to understand, but once I really sat down and tried, it was really easy to use. It's good on batteries too. I've used it as a traditional cable release and also for automatically taking a series of pictures to use in a time-lapse. It worked great and my results were exciting!

Plants of the Rocky Mountains (Lone Pine Field Guide)
Plants of the Rocky Mountains (Lone Pine Field Guide)
by Linda Kershaw
Price: $18.40
63 used & new from $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little guide, November 23, 2013
The Lone Star Field guides are great. They cover the most common things (in this case plants) and give special information about species that is not often covered in other field guides. We were able to use the information to correctly ID the plants we tried on our trip to Alberta.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, November 23, 2013
This product really tastes like scrambled eggs. It mixes easily. We used it for a long trip we went on in an RV and it worked out really well.

Keytag Blue Earth Marble, Full Color Natural Earth Continents, Silver-Plated Findings, 1 Inch
Offered by Scientifics Online
Price: $8.00
2 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A real beauty, November 23, 2013
This is beautiful. Maybe a little heavy for a keychain. I used it as a trackable geocaching novelty for which it's perfect.

12 Globe Metal Key Chain Party Favors keychain 1dz
12 Globe Metal Key Chain Party Favors keychain 1dz
Offered by Superdairyboy
Price: $4.90
4 used & new from $0.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice novelty toy., November 23, 2013
These are not the highest quality, but for the price they are great! I used them for SWAG in geocaches and they're perfect for that.

Reference Guide - Alberta Birds - 140 Species
Reference Guide - Alberta Birds - 140 Species
Offered by Bright Solutions Shopping Network LLC
Price: $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for taking on your hike, November 23, 2013
I love it, but it was not adequate for what I wanted. Still it is handy because it fits easily in a pack or bag. No complaints, just not as complete as an actual field guide.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8