Profile for Cricket > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 170

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cricket "Living life and loving it!" RSS Feed (The Great Pacific Northwest)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
T.S. Shure Wooden Magnetic World Map Puzzle
T.S. Shure Wooden Magnetic World Map Puzzle
Price: $49.11
4 used & new from $40.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh the places they'll go, right at home!, December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although the dimensions are clearly listed on the product page this puzzle was much bigger than I had anticipated and although it was sealed my first instinct was to make sure all of the pieces were there (And they were). Because of its size and it being magnetic, I decided to hang this in the room we have set up for our Grandkids. To make sure it was secure, we used the same hardware that you would use for a unframed mirror. Once it was up I decided I also wanted a small bin to store the puzzle pieces, so that it wouldn’t be necessary for them to always be on the board and hopefully they wouldn’t get lost as easily.

As for the puzzle itself, it’s pretty nice. The quality and detail is very good and with care I can see this lasting years. Additionally I think adding the bin to the puzzle to collect the pieces was great, because while it’s nice to have the puzzle already put together and for use as a map, it’s even better for learning by having to figure out where each piece goes in relation to the world. Overall a good item for a children’s room or school setting.

Canon imageFormula DR-C225 Document Scanner
Canon imageFormula DR-C225 Document Scanner
Price: $389.47
29 used & new from $289.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I'm going to need a new document shredder.., December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Prior to receiving the Canon imageFormula, my scanner experience had been with my home multifunction printer and the multifunction copiers in the offices I've worked. My goal for this scanner was to de-clutter our home of boxes, upon boxes of papers that we have kept for one reason or another.

I took my time with unboxing and set-up so that I could make sure I understood the directions, but even in doing that I still came here to Amazon to read some of the reviews for tips. I did the standard installation and I was up and running relatively quickly. To test it out I started by setting up a folder for tax documents that I had separated and began scanning. Within 5 minutes I had just under 100 pages scanned in to pdf files and the quality was very good.

I've been using this scanner now for close to a month and I have scanned in over 2000 pages. Not only has it eliminated 3 banker boxes of disorganized papers, but it has made it so easy for me to find documents when I need them and without the stress I used to feel. I know that this scanner wasn't necessarily meant for a small family home office, but accomplishing what I have with it definitely makes it seem like a cost effective item. Going forward I have set up a filing system that allows me to spend less than 15 minutes a week to keep up with the organization and fill my shredder.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, French Vanilla Table-Top Pump Bottle, 625ml, 21.1-Ounce
Price: $14.73
29 used & new from $7.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and ready to use flavored creamer, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I prefer half and half and brown sugar in my coffee because it allows me to control the sweetness and the cream, but every once in a while I do enjoy flavored creamers because they are quick and easy too use.

This French Vanilla creamer adds a nice sweetness and creaminess to my coffee. Depending on the mug size for me I find anywhere from 4-6 pumps to be the right amount for my taste preference. Because it doesn't need to be refrigerated this creamer can sit near our coffee maker and be ready to go when I am. It says that it has 125 servings in each bottle, so if used daily I would expect this bottle to last me about 3 weeks and for the price that seems acceptable.

Nivea Body In-Shower Smoothing Body Lotion for Dry Skin, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Nivea Body In-Shower Smoothing Body Lotion for Dry Skin, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much effort, for less than amazing results, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As someone that uses Nivea Creme on my hands and elbows several times a day, I had high hopes for this product when I requested it. This fall has been especially harsh on my skin, leaving it drier than normal and leaving me searching for a solution.

This first thing I noticed were the specific instructions for use. These are very important, so don't try and skip or speed through them. And although they appeared a bit more time consuming than I had expected, I committed to using this for 7 days straight so I set my morning alarm 15 minutes early.

Now a week later, here are my thoughts.

- The process of applying this after you are finished showering, but not yet out of the shower is inconvenient and wasteful of both time and water. I did end up turning off the water while applying the lotion the last 4 days because it bothered be so much, but that also added more time on.
- Rinsing off the lotion after applying did leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized, but I also felt like there was a film on my skin which I didn't care for.
- Having to clean the shower so as to remove the lotion residue after each use was irritating and again added more time onto my morning routine. Not cleaning wasn't an option since others will use the shower after me and having to use additional hot water to do this is again wasteful. Plus no matter how much time and effort I spent, I would still hear complaints of a "slippery shower".

The end result after a weeks use was - yes my skin felt less dry, but the added shower time, water consumption and cleaning time
outweighed any potential benefit.

INGEAR Powerful LED Headlight. Easily Adjustable, with 3 Different Features for Bright, Dim, and Strobe. Great for Keeping Hands Free and Working on Projects. Great for Camping, Hunting, Cycling, Caving, Mining. Cree Q5 Brightest LED Flashlight; 120 Lumens Headlamp
Offered by INGEAR
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hands free lighting when and where you need it., December 7, 2014
I recently used this when I ventured up into our garage attic where the light is limited. I was attempting to find a stray box of Christmas decoration that had been shoved into a corner and this was exactly what I needed. It was comfortable to wear and provided ample light. The three settings are nice, but I can see us mainly using it on bright. My boyfriend has also used it when working on his car underneath and said that it was very helpful.

SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
SE Watch Link Remover with 5 Pins
Offered by smartshoponline
Price: $2.25
31 used & new from $2.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Do-it-yourself watch band sizing!, December 7, 2014
I bought this to take off some links on my Invicta watches. Although it seems cheaply made (which I kind of expected for the price) it was exactly what I needed. It made it very easy to remove several links and then put the watch back together in a relatively short time.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss, Smokey Taupe 215, 0.37 Ounce
Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss, Smokey Taupe 215, 0.37 Ounce
Price: $3.29
7 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Another polish to add to my collection., December 7, 2014
I was looking for a neutral color with some shine and this was perfect. At the time I ordered it, it had an additional coupon discount and it shipped along with some other items I was ordering. It goes on nicely, although the brush isn't the best and it dries pretty quickly. It also lasts without chipping or rubbing off for about a week on me.

15 Ounce Premium Stemless Wine Glasses Set of 4 - Designer Set Will Enhance Red and White Wine Taste

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful glasses, December 7, 2014
I prefer stemless glasses for the simple reason that they have less of a chance of being knocked over. These glasses are different than the others I already had in my collection and while I originally thought they would be a perfect gift, I kept them for myself. Inside of the glass are tiny bubbles that make them unique and very pretty. The size is average for stemless glasses and they are comfortable to hold. As for the claim that they "Enhance" the taste of your wine I find that hard to believe and when the same wine was poured into one of these and another glass nobody here could tell the difference. Beyond that though I do like these glasses and will probably buy some additional ones to gift this holiday.

BBQ Butler Premium Heat & Flame Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)
BBQ Butler Premium Heat & Flame Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)

4.0 out of 5 stars Full coverage for your hands, means no more burns!, December 7, 2014
Our oven is a bit on the small side so over the years I have received plenty of burns reaching in with regular pot holders to pull food out, but with these gloves that is no longer a problem! They are one size fits all so on me they are slightly too big, but for my boyfriend they fit perfectly. Either way I can still use them just fine and have had no problem. They do have some additional silicone "grip" on them which keeps things from slipping and I haven't been burned once since I started using them. Additionally I like that I can toss them into the washer to clean off any spilled food and then I air dry.

Toshiba Satellite Radius L15W-B1310 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop
Toshiba Satellite Radius L15W-B1310 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop
Price: $379.99
15 used & new from $379.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Just about the perfect combo for me!, December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It was just about 6 months ago that I purchased a Toshiba - Satellite 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop . I had done plenty of research and it seemed to be the best one for me based on both features and price. Since buying it I have used it plenty, but I also find myself using my Samsung Tab just as much for its convenience and size

When I first un-boxed the Toshiba Satellite Radius, I was most impressed with the size and how lightweight it was. Set up with registration and updates weren’t very time consuming and I was playing around with it in no time.

First off I have to say that I’m no fan of Windows 8, but nowadays it’s coming on most all new PC’s. That being said I am getting used to it and I’m sure in time I’ll accept it. On the sides you have a HDMI Out, USB 3.0, USB slot, Memory Card reader, Sound control and Headphone jack. The screen is a nice size at just over 11.5 inches and so far the touchscreen response has been excellent. Additionally the keyboard and touchpad are comfortable, only require a light touch and are relatively quiet.

For me though the selling point is being able to convert this from a laptop to a tablet and all the configurations in-between. I find plenty of use for this as a compact laptop, but within seconds I can flip the keyboard back and use it as a tablet or reader. I can also switch it to two different display angles which are great for use in the kitchen with recipes or showing off photos in a slideshow.

As for why this is a 4 star, not 5 star review? It comes down to the battery life. I didn’t expect anything too amazing for the size, but on battery with regular use I only get about 2.75 hours of use which limits me taking it without the charger.

Overall I am extremely happy with this Toshiba 2-in-1 Satellite Radius and have happily donated my other relatively new Toshiba Touchscreen laptop to someone who could use it.
Comment Comment | Permalink