Profile for WRichBroome > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WRichBroome RSS Feed (CA, US)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective treatment, January 7, 2012
I am a long distance runner, and developed plantar fasciitis after a very hilly half marathon that I ran recently. I had felt some tightness in my arch during training (40+ mi a week), but after the race I developed daily heel pain.

At first, this pain was too much to bear while running. I did some research, and found that stretching, rest, and a night splint were the only realistic options. Stretching is easy, but I did not want to take any time off running. That left me with the night splint option. A hard splint seemed too uncomfortable, so I chose the Strassburg sock.

I have been wearing it every night for the past three weeks. I've also worn it around the house if I am just watching TV or on the computer. It is easy enough to get around in. The pain has not completely gone away, but it has improved. I am able to run daily, with minimal pain. If I do not run for a few days and wear the sock at night, the pain will be almost all gone, but will return after a hard workout. I feel that if I took a long enough break from running, my foot would completely heal. However, I am too impatient to do this.

As far as comfort goes, I find it very easy to wear and walk in. This is a benefit over any hard splint. I do not find that it gets too warm while sleeping, although it can make some sleeping positions difficult. The Velcro is a minor downside, as it can get caught on linens.

Overall, I would say that it is worth a try if you have plantar fasciitis. It is comfortable, not too expensive, and can provide some immediate pain relief. You can also wear it on the other foot if that one goes bad!

CTM® Unisex Cotton All-Purpose Solid Bandana, Black
CTM® Unisex Cotton All-Purpose Solid Bandana, Black
Offered by NYC SUPPLIES
Price: $5.50
3 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic bandana, September 26, 2011
These are good, basic, solid color bandanas. I use these as headbands while working out. They do a good job of absorbing sweat and I prefer the solid color look.
I bought two of these(black and white), and I have had them for a couple weeks now. They show no signs of wear, and are as good as when I bought them.
For a couple bucks, these will do the trick!

Remington MSC-140 Men's Titanium Battery Operated Foil Travel Shaver, Silver
Remington MSC-140 Men's Titanium Battery Operated Foil Travel Shaver, Silver
Price: $9.74
17 used & new from $9.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for a backup., September 25, 2011
Let me start by saying that this is my first purchase of an electric razor.

I read many positive reviews of this, and was hoping that this would replace my need to purchase manual blades. However, I found that this did not provide nearly a close enough shave to be appropriate for everyday use. It is good for traveling or for a backup at work or in your car, if you need a dry shave on the go. Also, if I forget to shave for a few days, it does a good job of shortening my beard to make my manual blade shaving easier.

I guess my beard hair may be different than others, and it may provide a close enough shave for some to be a daily shaver. For me it is not, but for ten dollars it is worth a try.

MyBat Samsung Intensity Phone Protector Cover - Carbon Fiber
MyBat Samsung Intensity Phone Protector Cover - Carbon Fiber

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the cheaper version., September 25, 2011
I bought a cheaper version of this for a dollar or two. It broke within a week. I then ordered this carbon fiber case for a couple dollars more, and I have had it for several months without any problems.

GE DV1-CO Waterproof/Shockproof 1080p Pocket Video Camera (Citrus Orange)
GE DV1-CO Waterproof/Shockproof 1080p Pocket Video Camera (Citrus Orange)
Offered by Focus Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Great underwater camera for the price., September 2, 2011
Length:: 2:18 Mins

This video I have uploaded is shot with this GE Video Camera. I used it while diving through caves on Santa Cruz Island off the coast of California. The caves are about 15 ft deep. I have since used this camera many times in the ocean, and it has held up like a champ. It is very durable and very waterproof, even when used in sandy and salty conditions.

This is a great and durable underwater video camera for the price. Still pictures are acceptable, but not great. It can take close range pictures in well lit conditions pretty well. In low light or when using the digital zoom, the quality is sacrificed a bit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2012 8:01 PM PST

Red State
Red State
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent Bob does more than comedy..., September 2, 2011
This review is from: Red State (Amazon Instant Video)
A very good movie by Kevin Smith (Silent Bob). It was not made or released in typical Hollywood fashion, and the end result is something much more entertaining and riveting than your typical Hollywood movie.

I went into this movie knowing nothing about it other than it was directed by Kevin Smith, and it was not a comedy. I was not prepared for how riveting this movie was going to be. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I recommend this to anyone who is a fan of Kevin Smith, action movies, or anything well made.