Profile for Tina M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tina M. RSS Feed (Reno, NV United States)

The Recipe Girl Cookbook: Dishing Out the Best Recipes for Entertaining and Every Day
by L. Lange
Price: $12.91
52 used & new from $4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Just one thing..., January 7, 2014
Half way through reading this cookbook and the recipes sound scrumptious. My only complaint is that the comments below the recipe titles are printed in a very light aqua/green color. They are difficult to read. I know it's a piddling complaint, but I enjoy reading them except that it irritates my eyes. Can't wait to try the recipes!

Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
by Giada De Laurentiis
Price: $24.50
83 used & new from $10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many photos of the family!, March 27, 2012
I will preface this review by saying that I love Giada's recipes and have all of her cookbooks. However, I buy cookbooks for the recipes and the photos of the FOOD. We all know that Giada is beautiful and has an amazing décolletage, Jade is a cutie-patootie, and Todd is a hunk. But how many photos do we need of them in a cookbook? There were at least 30 non-food pictures of them in this book, then additional pictures of them with food. Some memorable photos are of Jade's lower legs and sneakers by an empty plate, Jade blowing bubbles, Giada reading to Jade, and an almost empty container of raspberries. Plus there are many 2-page photo spreads. A lot more recipes could have filled the pages of this cookbook. After I try the recipes in this book, I may revise my rating. Until then, I would suggest that Giada publish a coffee table book called "Aren't We Beautiful?", and stick to recipes and food photos in her cookbooks.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2012 6:16 AM PST