Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Wood Wren > Reviews

Browse

Wood Wren's Profile

Customer Reviews: 462

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wood Wren "Wren" RSS Feed (U.S.A.)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Burton Honey Baked Hammock, Shrooms
Burton Honey Baked Hammock, Shrooms
Price: $59.95
4 used & new from $59.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sad to say, but I am not overly impressed with this hammock. It does not come with the proper hanging attachments (if you care about your trees), it is far too light weight for serious camping or pack-packing (the only use I personally put such an item to), and the directions are scant to the point that a person unfamiliar with hammock usage and hanging will struggle. Do keep in mind that most federal and state forest area will not allow this to be hung as is...you most have tree straps.

I don’t mind the pattern – actually I sort of like it, but the fabric is simply too thin.

On the other hand, this is ideal for younger kids to hang in the back yard. I am permanently loaning this thing to one of my nieces to use this summer.

Wish this thing could have been better.

Victoria: The Queen: An Intimate Biography of the Woman Who Ruled an Empire
Victoria: The Queen: An Intimate Biography of the Woman Who Ruled an Empire
by Julia Baird
Price: $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasing and informative read this one is, June 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Biographies are my favorite reads, being something of a history nerd. While not a historian, history teacher nor particularly formally educated in this discipline, I am, never-the-less what you might call a “reading” or “arm chair” historian. I’m not sure just how many biographies I have read concerning Queen Victoria but I can assure you that it is in the double digits.

Of all the biographies I have read concerning this fascinating individual, this was one of the most readable and in many ways, one of the most informative. This is not a dry academic test (something I personally like) but rather is classified as what we call “popular history.” This does not make it less valuable than the text versions of her story – no – it only means it is more readable and for most – more enjoyable.

The book is extremely well researched in indeed, has some information and documents stuck here and there that have never before been published...or at least the version of the story they represent.

While politics, both British and world are addressed in this one; they are primarily addressed coming from the angle of how they impacted Victoria’s life and the life of her family, in particular her beloved Albert. Actually, by taking this approach we get a good overview of British and world history during this pivotal time in our history, and make no mistake about it – during the time of Victoria Western civilization changed and would never be the same after. Those changes are still very much with us today!

I love the massive footnotes in this book. The author, along with being a very, very good writer, is most certainly an excellent researcher.

As others have said, this work addresses more of Victoria’s (and her family) personal life than many of the older biographies. We get to see her human side; the good, the bad and the ugly.

Highly recommend this one.

WORKPRO W009039A 136-Piece Heavy Duty 2-Drawer Creeper Seat w/ Tools
WORKPRO W009039A 136-Piece Heavy Duty 2-Drawer Creeper Seat w/ Tools
Offered by GreatStar Tools
Price: $149.99
2 used & new from $119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice creeper - useful and well made, June 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very well built and quite functional creeper-seat. I do a lot of work on my mowers and lawn tractors with the work being done on my patio and driveway. This little contraption saves me from sore knees and back-ache.

The castors work quite well on the cement (smooth) surface on which I work. The tool drawers are quite handy in the way they are placed and the overall operation, once the set is assembled, is quite smooth.

As pointed out by other reviewers, the tool count as stated in the product description is a bit misleading. It is sort of like selling a BB Gun and saying it has a couple of hundred elements, which indeed it does of you count a couple boxes of BBs which would be included.

But that is okay. The tools that are provided are nice – not top of the line, but all function as they should but to be quite frank, if you are at the mechanical level of using this creeper, you probably already have these tools on hand. On the other hand, if you are a complete new comer to this sort of thing, this would make a great starter set. Truth be told, I took the tools from this set out and replaced them with tools I already have; tools I know I will need and use on a consistent and regular basis.

Gourmet Basics by Mikasa 48 Monterey Bottle Wine Rack with Antique and Acacia Wood, Black
Offered by iConcure LLC
Price: $393.71
2 used & new from $226.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, May 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an excellent and unique wine rack which indeed holds 48 bottles of wine. I personally like this rack and if fills my needs perfectly. I personally have no complaints. There are some things to consider though before purchasing. These considerations are not necessarily negative...but hey, you need to think about them.

Fist, this thing takes up quite a bit of space. Unless you have a pretty good size room it may crowd things a bit. This rack is heavy and once it is filled with wine, it is REALLY heavy. If want to move it, you are talking a major project. I personally have enough room and a nice dark corner to set the rack in...I am lucky.

The piece does have a stressed look and feel about it. I may no go with every décor and this should be considered. It is not a ‘formal’ looking piece of furniture.

There is absolutely no set up required which thrilled me to no end. You pop it out of the box, spread it open in the location of your choice and you are ready to go. I love that.

Bottom line...If you have the room, if this meets your taste in furnishings, if you like wine...well, go for it. If not...well, there are plenty of other rack available.

Pop-Tarts, Variety Frosted Strawberry and Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon, 32 Count, 57.50 Ounce
Price: $10.99
8 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Health Food? I think not., May 24, 2016
Okay, okay, okay...I KNOW these are not classified as health food. I really do not care! I love these things! My mom use to save these things like a miser and only give them out when I was a really, really good girl. Needless to say that seldom happened since I was not all that good; actually, I was sort of a rotten kid and then I got really bad when I went to H.S. and collage... but that is another story.

Anyway, I still love these things and have a never ending stash. For me these are the ultimate comfort food. They are sort of like a psychic drug for me. Yes, I have to run another six miles in my workout when I indulge but hey, it is worth the pain!

They will to pry my cold dead fingers from my pack of...no, wait....wrong product....sorry.

Now leave me alone and go pick your own poison...I have chosen mine!

Adventure Plus for Dogs 4pk 11-20lb
Adventure Plus for Dogs 4pk 11-20lb
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works quite well for now, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have three small dogs and two large dogs. Fleas in our house are an important subject...needless to say.

I have used this product before and found it to be quite effective. But that being said that does not mean that it will be effective forever. We have found that we must change brands and formulas quite often due to the fact that fleas seem to be adaptable little creatures and become quite immune rather quickly to anything we use, ergo we rotate often.

For now though this stuff is working and the smaller dogs have had no adverse reaction to this medication and neither have the people who they own.

Tribest DB-950 Dynablend Clean Blender, Stainless
Tribest DB-950 Dynablend Clean Blender, Stainless
Price: $199.95
6 used & new from $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I do love this blender...it is the best I have ever used., May 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve used a number of commercial grade blenders over the years and indeed have owned quite a number of “home grade” blenders. I use these kitchen appliances a lot – as a matter of fact, blenders are the most used (other than the stove) appliance in my kitchen. This blender has been out doing all home blenders I have used and is equal to almost all of the commercial grade I have used over the years.

This Tribest DB-950 may seem, at first, to be a bit pricy but I promise you that it is well worth the few extra dollars you spend. I cheated a bit on this one in that one of my sister-in-laws purchased one of these things a few days ago and I have had a chance to give it a try on several occasions. When it became available here I jumped right on it. Since I received this blender I have used it twice daily....I have already given it a pretty good workout. It should be noted that this has a 10 year warranty.

First, this thing does the job it was meant to do. The 1.1 H.P motor (23,000 r.p.m) is a rare thing for an appliance like this and it has more than enough power to accomplish any task I am likely to throw at it. The easy to use variable speed controls give you the exact combination of speed and frequency needed to accomplish any task. I make a lot of sauces and this thing works like a dream. I must say that the variable speed settings which have been provided are some of the most versatile I have ever used.

Do keep in mind that this stands a little over 16 inches tall so it you have low hanging cabinets over your work area you will have to make arrangements. The machine weighs a bit over 8 pounds which makes it on the heavy side which is a real advantage in that slippage and tipping is far less a problem than it is on a lighter machine.

The comparatively heavy duty cord on this machine is approximately 34 inches long which will be adequate for most kitchens...I know it is for mine.

I love the fact that they container is all glass...very, very heavy glass, and the food NEVER comes in contact with any plastic and you certainly do not have the problem you have with plastic growing dim and foggy over time and usage. The machine is a snap to use and clean. I personally run a couple of cups of water through it after every use and run it through the 60 second cycle. You can add detergent if so desired. In addition, if you note any food particles remaining, this machine comes with a heavy-duty wrench and wonderful instructions as to how to remove the blade assembly for further cleaning. This may sound complicated but it is not. As much as I have already used this thing I have only once removed the blades for further cleaning...was smushing up beets...arrrgh.

This does come with a stainless steel spoon/scoop which allows you to add or maneuver food in the processer without danger of it coming in contact with the spinning blades...this is a very handy feature!

If you review the short film clip on the product page here you will have most of your questions answered...I must say though that in real life the machine is actually better than the film clip indicates...go figure.

Armitron Sport Men's 40/8284CMGY Digital Chronograph Matte Black and Grey Camouflage Resin Strap Watch
Price: $26.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent brand...have others and have been happy with them....I like this watch, April 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To begin with, and make no mistake about this; this is a large watch! This is not a watch I would wear if I were having tea with the Queen of England or strap on my wrist when I get all dressed up to go to town. That being said though, this is an ideal watch for tramping the bush, climbing or outdoor exercising.

It is extremely easy to read and is very, very accurate. I like the gray camouflage strap and the overall look of the watch. You of course get the time, in both regular and military time, the day, date, time and seconds. It does have a lap time function, an alarm and a feature I do like...back-lighting and yes; it has a compass!

All of the functions on this watch are quite easy to set with very little hassle. The band is strong and appears to be quite durable...of course time will tell.

It should be noted that this watch is water “resistant’ to 330 feet but is not rated at “water proof,” which is different. I have had this one down to five or six feet with out any problems and to be frank, that is as deep as I personally want.

This watch has a nice hefty feel to it and in a military/techy way is quite attractive. It most certainly is not classified as a “ladies” watch but it suits my needs perfectly...I actually hate placing a gender label on anything and to be quite frank, over half my watches could technically be classified as watches. I am much more interested in function than displaying the fact that I am a girl.

This is a very nice watch and I am quite happy with it.

Delonghi ECAM28465M Prima Donna Fully Automatic Espresso Machine with latte Crema System, Silver
Price: $2,594.95
6 used & new from $2,594.95

5.0 out of 5 stars You simply cannot go wrong with this one but READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE YOU USE IT!, April 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I suppose I should just cut to the chase on this review and state that this contraption creates one heck of a good cup of coffee/espresso, cappuccino et al. To be honest you can create a cup that is as good as anything you pay an arm and a leg for at Star Bucks and like establishments.

Now this is important...very, very, very important: READ THE DIRECTIONS and then READ THEM AGAIN! By doing this you will save yourself a lot of time, frustration and grief. I am one of those people who do not read directions and much to my chagrin I found with this thing it is absolutely necessary unless you are already familiar with this sort of machine; something I personally was not. This IS NOT a machine that you can just plug in, add water and go. It takes some thought and work!

One you READ THE DIRECTION and practice and then practice some more, you will end with a product that is quite wonderful and quite worth the trouble it took to learn to do things correctly and in the correct order.

A couple of things to note: Note the measurements of this machine before you purchase. This has a pretty good sized foot print so be sure you have the counter space required.

This has a removable integrated milk carafe which can be sorted in the fridge which is a wonderful feature.

This is good for two cups so it you are entertaining a group of people...well, everyone is going to have to wait their turn. There are only two of us here on a daily and nightly basis so it works out fine for us.

You are going to have to do some experimentation to discover the setting to brew the perfect cup for you. Fortunately this thing has a built in memory so once you discover just what suits you...you have it made.

If you plan to use this machine a lot...go ahead and purchase a supply of water filters because they do require changing quite often...again...READ THE DIRECTIONS!

Bottom line though is that this thing, once you learn the ins and outs, creates some great tasting beverages and is not a central prize in our kitchen!

Technomarine Men's TM-115213 Cruise Monogram Analog Display Swiss Quartz Black Watch
Price: $184.63
3 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice watch at a reasonable price for what you are getting, April 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The picture here on the product page is quite good and quite accurate. This is a very nice looking watch. Watches, by their nature, are a personal ‘thing’ and each of us has their own style and favorites. I like watches (always analog) without a lot of bling to them. While I do not like gigantic watches, I do like a nice heavy medium sized watch which is what you get with this one.

The band is of a back silicone type material which is slightly stretchy. I like it because I do sweat a lot and this is better than leather even though at first glance it might appear to be. The band is tough and should last a long, long time.

I have had this watch running now for a week or so and there has been no loss or gain of time. When I first received the watch it took some fiddling around with to learn how to set the time, date and day but after I figured it out it was not as difficult as I first thought.

This is supposedly water resistant to 660 feet, something I am certainly not able to test and have no intention of testing. I have had this watch submerged in two feet of water for about five minutes at a time and have had no problems what so ever.

The time dial is very easy to read as is the day and date. The watch has nice hefty feel, something I personally look for in a watch.

All in all this is a good watch at a very attractive price at this time. It is the style of watch I personally favor – others may like different styles and this is a good thing. I have absolutely no complaints as to the looks and workings of this nice time piece.

Watches are sort of ‘my thing’ and I am glad to add this one to my arsenal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20