Profile for Wood Wren > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 401

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wood Wren "Wren" RSS Feed (U.S.A.)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DeLonghi America PACAN120HPE Portable Air Conditioner
DeLonghi America PACAN120HPE Portable Air Conditioner
Price: $499.95
2 used & new from $499.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed in our situation, March 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My companion and I live in a pretty good size home with central air and heat. We have one section of the home which is semi-detached which consists of a large bedroom and bath. This was apparently an add -on room which was built after the main house was built and it has no duct work leading to it. Cold and hot air must enter via the door from the rest of the house. This is not the best of situations but one we have had to live with unless we wanted to perform a major remodeling job.

This little unit is perfect for our needs. It cools the rooms quite well as well as gives an added heat boost in the winter. The unit is easy to install, or so I am told because we had our handyman perform this task.

The dehumidifier does work quite well.

The remote control works quite well and the unit does not take up all that much space and is attractive.

The only complaints I have is that it does require draining quite often due to the condensation. I would have preferred to have something a little quieter but I suppose you can't have everything.

All in all we are quite happy with this unit.

As an addendum: Read the review posted here by Desert Pig as to installation. Our handyman read it and it was invaluable as to installation tips. Nice job Desert Pig!

by David McCullough
Price: $13.98
676 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to read along with this author's John Adams, March 1, 2015
This review is from: 1776 (Paperback)
This work by David McCullough is really meant to be a companion book to his previous work on John Adams. This book covers the crucial year of 1776 and the plight that the American Army found itself at this time with the massive invasion from Britain. As I read this work I often wondered just how we survived those first years of the revolution. I read this book almost back to back with Joseph Ellis' work, Revolutionary Summer and found the two to be quite compatible. Ellis spends more time addressing the political side of this year, and a bit less time with the actual war, whereas McCullough devotes most of his pages to the actually war as it was unfolding. Both of these books are excellent and make a great introduction to the happenings of that time.

This is a well researched book and as with all of his other work, McCullough has paid very close attention to not only historical details, but that of the personality and background of the men and women involved in this pivotal point in our nation's history.

McCullough brings forth the fact that Washington may not have been the greatest general of all times and most certainly made his share of mistakes but without this great man it is unlikely that the Revolution would have been the success that it was. His dynamic personality and leadership abilities were what was needed at the time.

This is a popular history and is accessible to all. I am not a professional historian; merely a reader of history with a great interest in the subject. I like a readable book and this one most certainly falls into that category. While I don't feel that any new facts are brought to light with this work, it never the less acted as a great review and I was astounded at the obscure little facts that I had forgotten throughout the years. It was, for me, pure reading enjoyment.

The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog 1)
The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog 1)
by John R. Erickson
29 used & new from $8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Hnak is a hit in my house, February 23, 2015
I come from a large family and all of my brothers and sisters have children. I am the only single girl in the family (translate that to "free baby sitter") so I usually have a house filled with children of various ages. One of the things the kids like about my house is that I read to them and I always have books all over the place. They got tired of me reading the entire works of James Joyce to them rather quickly so I had to start making lots and lots of trips to the library. (I actually caught my oldest niece using Ulysses as a physical weapon against her older brother - which is probably the best thing that book has ever been used for.) That is where I discovered these Hank books.

Now these kids range in age from 4 to 11 (with the exception of my new niece who is only 4 months at this time). I started with his Hank book and we have gone through the first 36 volumes now. They can never seem to get enough of them. I must admit that I find myself laughing just as hard as the children do as I read (I use different voices - my Drover voice is their favorite).

Now what gets me really, really excited about these books is that when I am not reading to them from one volume or another, I find that the older kids will actually take the books and read them to the younger one, or will curl up in a chair and read them to themselves. It does not get much better than this!

I must admit though, that when the kids are not here, I, the ADULT aunt, read these things to myself! You just got to love these things.

Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Pink
Fisher-Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse, Pink
Price: $15.99
6 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect for my niece and the dogs are afraid of it which makes it even more perfect, February 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a large family. I am the only single and unmarried sister (translate - free baby sitter), so my house is filled with dog toys, baby toys and children's toys. My brothers and sisters do not seem to appreciate me letting their little ones chew on the same doggie toys "my babies" have, (go figure) so I keep things separate.

I got this one for my relatively new niece. I was raised with Fisher Price toys and still have some old ones stashed here and there throughout my home and my parent's home. Can't ever seem to go wrong with Fisher Price.

This is a neat little doll. It plays the most wonderful and gentle tunes with a squeeze of the belly and lights up into a gentle glow. The little seahorse is soft and cuddly and simply fun to hold. My niece is 6 months old and she seem delighted with the thing. The music sort of scares the dogs as does the light so they leave it alone, which is a real plus as far as I am concerned.

The runs of 2 AA batteries. After close inspections I found nothing on this you that could be a hazard.

Miracle-Gro 100125 Nature's Care Organic Bone Meal
Miracle-Gro 100125 Nature's Care Organic Bone Meal
Price: $12.87
9 used & new from $6.06

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so glad Miracle-Gro finally came out with this product, February 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Miracle-Gro products in my vegetable and flower gardens for years and never have I been disappointed with the results. Needless to day I was very pleased to see this company come out with an organic bone Meal.

Bone Meal...my secret weapon; there are not all that many things in this life that I do well, i.e. better than the average person, but two of those rare things are raising tomatoes and raising roses. One of my secrets for my growing success is bone meal. For my tomatoes I work just a bit of bone meal into the soil just under the roots when I first plant and then apply more around the plant - working it in the soil as the season progresses. I do the same with my rose bushes. It truly works! For a couple of years I did not use this stuff and my growing season was a complete disaster!

Do keep in mind that a little of this stuff goes a long, long way. I love the container with the handy pour spout on this product.

Since my gardening has gone almost 100 percent organic over the past several years, this meal will be on my garden shopping list from now on.

Fellowes Saturn3i 95 Laminator with Pouch Starter Kit (5735801)
Fellowes Saturn3i 95 Laminator with Pouch Starter Kit (5735801)
Price: Click here to see our price
10 used & new from $95.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for limited home use...maybe not so great for high volume office use, February 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For home use, i.e. limited use where volume and speed is not a factor, I can and do recommend this unit. I have limited documents that I like to laminate as well as photographs and art projects. For my needs I have very little to whine about.

I will say though that this machine does have a slight tendency to jam from time to time. As you laminate I would suggest you keep your eye on the thing until you see the finished product coming out. If it jams, you will be able to tell and stop the process before it becomes a semi-major project in removing the flawed document. This has happened to me twice out of the 40 some odd documents I have used it on. This is no real big deal in my case but is something you should be aware of.

I like this machine because it will handle a full page document on down. It is a bit slow but again, for me this is not a big factor.

The machine is simply to use and as I am not a rocket scientists nor very tech savvy, this is a blessing.

All in all a good product and I find it quite functional and useful

QuickDraw 25' Precision Measuring Tape-Contractor Grade, Features Self-Marking Technology, Tru-View Indicator, Nylon Coated Blade
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $17.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it says it will and is a pleasure to use., February 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do a tremendous amount of wood working; working on different projects from building chicken coops, rabbit cages, sheds, bird houses and outdoor furniture. It is a hobby I have had since a little girl working with my father. Because of this hobby I have quite a number of different tape measures of this ilk, of different sizes and different brands.

I must say that I am delighted with this well made and perfectly working version of a tool that has been around for years. I love the marking thingy. It saves a lot of time, is easy to use and is extremely accurate. I also love the well built quality (even though it has a plastic like housing...hey, I don't throw my tools up against walls and such), and love the stiffness of the actual tape.

All parts work as they are suppose to work and I am quite happy with the large numbers as they are printing. This is quickly becoming my favorite measuring tape of this type.

Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes, 54 Count Box (Pack of 2)
Clorox Triple Action Dust Wipes, 54 Count Box (Pack of 2)
Price: $12.94

5.0 out of 5 stars These things do work the way they say they will and they make my life easier, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely hate dusting and rank it right up there with breaking ice off the watering troths in the dead of winter. But I have to tell you that these Clorox whips do a wonderful job of completing what I call an odious chore. If you got to do it, you might as well do it right and these little puppies do indeed do the job.

Right from the start I noticed that they pick up much more dust and - shall I say it...grime, than other like products I have used. And they last and last and last...it is amazing how much you can load into these little things.

Yes, these do leave a slight oily feel to your hands when you use them so some might want to wear gloves of some sort. I personally found that a good washing with soap and warm water removed the oily feeling quite well and quite quickly. Since I am somewhat of a hand freak anyway, it just gives me one more wonderful excuse to do so.

I like Clorox products and have used them since I have been on my own. My mother always used Clorox stuff so I suppose that is where I got it from.

I will be using this product from now on...or unless something better comes along. Five stars all the way with this one...they made my life easier.

1 Day Sale! Best Bird Feeder Squirrel Proof & Cage Repellent for Outside Wild Birds - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! - Top Rated - Perfect for Protecting Feeders for Woodpecker, Suet, Cardinal, Blue Jay, Goldfinch, Titmouse, Blackbird, Bluebird, Chickadee, Dove, Finch, Grackle, Hummingbird, Mockingbird, Oriole, Robin, Warbler from Red, Black, or White Squirrels! ORIGINAL "Skinny Squirrel" Model (Latest Version)
Offered by Stonebridge Mall
Price: $99.99
3 used & new from $75.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely effective and saves us a lot of money, February 3, 2015
When my friend told me she had ordered a squirrel proof feeder my first reaction was to laugh at her. I have yet found a feeder that is 100 percent squirrel proof. Well I was right - this was isn't but I will tell you the truth, it is by far the most effective feeder I have ever used as to keeping the squirrels away. Yes, they get a few seeds here and there but it is more luck than skill when it happens.

The loss of food to the bushy tailed little brats is actually of little moment as neither of us begrudges the little critters a snack now and then. We just don't like them stripping a feeder within a couple of hours after filling it as happens with many of the feeders we use.

I would recommend you use black oil sunflower seeds in this one as they fit the little wire squares perfectly. The squares are large enough for the birds to be able to work them out, but not so large that they spill out all over the place.

The feeder is easy to load and weathers well. We have ours hanging from a hank of close hanger wire; nothing fancy, just handy at the time.

I figure this feeder paid for itself after a little over one months use via the seed saved. And the birds love this thing. We have a lot of cardinals and the hit this thing in flocks in the fall and winter.

Highly recommend this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 10:41 AM PST

Victorinox Swiss Classic 3 1/4" Paring Knife, Spear Tip, Serrated
Victorinox Swiss Classic 3 1/4" Paring Knife, Spear Tip, Serrated
Price: $10.01
5 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent working knife does not have to cost more than my first car, February 3, 2015
When working in the kitchen I more often than not find myself with this little knife in my hand, no matter the job. This is sort of strange I suppose because I have a very large number of kitchen knives, many of them being quite expensive.

This is a small paring knife that, for its size, is sort of an all purpose utility knife. About the only thing I do not use it on is slicing Angel Food Cake and bread. I can actually do a very good job of completely stripping a turkey or cutting a roast up.

This knife is sharp, which is what you want and need because a dull knife is a very dangerous thing indeed. It is light, easy to hold and requires little maintenance. I hand wash all of my kitchen cutting tools because dishwashers, over time, will wreck any blade.

I very much recommend this one. You are getting quite a lot of knife for your money with this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20