Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for J Burke > Reviews

Browse

J Burke's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J Burke "cookbook connoisseur" RSS Feed (St. Louis, MO)

Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
by Michael J. Losier
176 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless Reading, October 14, 2007
I have read several books on the subject of the law of attraction and this one by far is the best written. The author's writing style is so very easy to follow and understand. The book can easily be read in an hour or so all the while comprehending and processing his excellent advice. I highly recommend this book especially if you are just starting to investigate this idea. Mr. Losier's writing style flows so nicely and he presents ideas clearly so they are easy to understand and incorporate into life. I believe this book will give you a good foundation on which to build your own ways to attract things into your life.

The Secret of Letting Go
The Secret of Letting Go
by Guy Finley
138 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not helpful at all, October 14, 2007
I have had this book for a little more than two months and am not even half way through it. I was hoping for council and advice but if it's in this book, I can't find it. The book is so difficult to follow because it is so poorly written. I have had to re-read sections because I couldn't figure out what the author was saying. He uses very obscure similes and metaphors to compare things which caught me off guard and caused me to take extra time away from the reading so that I could figure out how the ideas were related. It is very difficult to follow his writing style. It was a complete waste of money and I'm sorry I didn't read the other one star reviews before I purchased this book. Their information was very truthful.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2008 7:09 PM PST

Cranium Pop 5
Cranium Pop 5
Offered by The Posh Hanger
Price: $18.99
116 used & new from $0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop 5 is tops on my chart, January 1, 2007
This review is from: Cranium Pop 5 (Toy)
I *love* this game. I think I might like it more than the regular Cranium game (but that is still loads of fun). My husband likes the regular Cranium game but isn't so talented in any part of the game except the Data Head. Pop 5 lets you act, draw, sculpt, hum, or give small clues with letters that you roll to help your partner guess the clue on the card. Given that information, my husband really enjoys this game even though these modes are not his strengths so don't dismiss this game because you are not a good actor or artist! I received this game only two days ago and have already played so much that I've made it through half of the clue cards. It really does make for a fun, laugh-filled time. I have to add, however, the subjects on the cards tend to be geared for those that have grown up or are pretty familiar with 1980's. I played with my little sister (born 1978) and she had a hard time with just a few of the clues. If you know what leg warmers are, who sings "When Doves Cry" and can hum the theme song from "Knight Rider" (or you can draw Kit), then you'll be able to play this game. It is *so* fun! I can't wait to play again.

George Stella's Livin' Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style
George Stella's Livin' Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style
by George Stella
Price: $13.29
286 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab-u-lous, November 19, 2005
I LOVE this book. My husband who, in theory, is anti-low carb, eats (and loves) the food I cook from this book. I have made the NY cheesecake several times with rave reviews from those with whom I share it. My husband had no idea it was even low carb when he first tried it. It goes excellently with fresh strawberries. :) Thankfully a real chef who understands the concept of low carbs and smart carbs came out with a cookbook that real people can use. Thanks, George.

Home on the Range
Home on the Range
Offered by NBB Media
Price: $11.94
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I know a place pretty as pie..., November 19, 2005
This review is from: Home on the Range (Audio CD)
I think the music is why I like the movie so much. It is fun and entertaining and "Patch of Heaven" puts me in a good mood as I listen to it just before I go into work. Who doesn't need that? Admittedly, I only listen regularly to the first six or seven tracks (they are the ones with lyrics with the exception of the last song but I don't care for that version) but I still love this CD.

Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine: 250 Recipes With Virtually No Carbohydrates
Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine: 250 Recipes With Virtually No Carbohydrates
by Sharron Long
90 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad I didn't pay for this, December 27, 2004
I received this book the other day as a Christmas gift. Boy am I glad I didn't waste my own hard earned money. I am quite disappointed with the recipes. Granted, I am a picky eater but I cannot find one thing in this book that I might even attempt to make. I don't even know if I can doctor one or two recipes so that it sounds somewhat appetizing. I noticed she uses some less-common ingredients and some, of which, I had never heard. I don't mind if an author suggests an "odd" ingredient, but at least tell me where I might find it. If you are strictly adhering to the Atkins guidelines and phases, most of these recipes are suitable for the lifetime maintenance phase and not much else. Just truly a disappointment.