Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Julian Janik > Reviews

Browse

Julian Janik's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Julian Janik RSS Feed (Ontario, Canada)

Shout at the Devil (Blu-ray/dvd Combo)
Shout at the Devil (Blu-ray/dvd Combo)
DVD ~ Lee Marvin
Price: $13.59
21 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE - Shout at the Devil - Blue Ray/DVD October 23, 2013, July 30, 2013
UPDATE: October 23, 2013. BLU-RAY + DVD - SHOUT AT THE DEVIL - Lee Marvin, Roger Moore....
Well!! I finally got my copy from Amazon, last week, of the new Blu-Ray + DVD version of Shout At The Devil.
The picture is clear and the sound is good on both versions.
Amazon shows it as 1.85 widescreen format, which should be corrected.
The Blu-Ray/DVD package description reads 2.35:1 Widescreen format, Dolby Digital Mono and Runtime approximate at 150 minutes. The full version.

SPECIAL FEATURES: they only got a Photo Gallery of scenes from the movie.
There are no Scene Selections or Subtitles to choose from, which would have been nice. But I can do without.

On the whole, it is great to see this movie as it should be seen. This is the full version. I totally enjoy it. I recommend this movie to all who have waited for this new Blu-Ray/DVD version to come out. ENJOY!!!

I never saw it in a theater, but have seen it on TV. Enjoyed this movie with Roger Moore and Lee Marvin. Great adventure story taking place in Africa just before and after the outbreak of World War One. Partially based on a true incident involving a German warship taking refuge in the Rufiji River to make repairs. Roger Moore and Lee Marvin are teamed up to help the British in trying to destroy the warship. There are other events in the movie that lead them to this final climax that makes for great adventure story.

There have been so many boot-legged versions over the years with poor quality and edited 2 hour versions, it's about time this movie got its full release.

I'm glad to see this movie finally coming out October 8, 2013 on Blue Ray and DVD. This will be the full version running at 150 minutes.
Looking forward to the October release of SHOUT AT THE DEVIL.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC Class 10/UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s- SDSDU-064G-U46 (Label May Change) [Old Version]
Offered by DAS DEALS
Price: $24.28
90 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No Reviews for SanDisk Ultra 64 GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Memory Card 30MB, May 8, 2013
Why are people reviewing the 16 & 32 gig cards on this page instead of reviews for the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Memory Card 30MB?
I want info for the 64 gig card not the 16 or 32 gigs.
Please apply your reviews to the proper memory card you are using.

I have the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB SDXC Class 10 Flash Memory Card 30MB. And it does what its meant to do. I'm amazed at the the amount of storage it has. I have used about 3 gigs so far for pictures and videos. Less worry about running out of space. So far it's great!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2013 1:00 PM PDT

PT 109 (Widescreen Edition) [VHS]
PT 109 (Widescreen Edition) [VHS]
VHS
Offered by maximumex_books
Price: $28.94
12 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars PT 109 - time for a dvd release, April 29, 2010
I saw this movie back in 1963 and stills remains a favourite.
When is PT 109 going to be released on dvd in widescreen format??
It is long over due.
Who ever is in charge, please release this movie on dvd as soon as possible.

Thank you!!!

World War II With Walter Cronkite: War in Europe
World War II With Walter Cronkite: War in Europe
DVD ~ War in Europe
12 used & new from $2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Wars Within a War - Get the Graf Spee - run time length info, October 28, 2009
WALTER CRONKITE's World War 11 - War in Europe and Pacific dvd sets are based on the stories from his TV show, THE TWENTIETH CENTURY. It was one of my favourite programs to watch on a Sunday afternoon back in the early 1960's.

I plan to buy this set, but I need information regarding the run time length of one episode that I am greatly interested in and which I have never seen.

On Disc 3 called, WARS WITHIN A WAR, there is a story called, GET THE GRAF SPEE.
About the German pocketbattleship GRAF SPEE - her raider career, naval battle with 3 British cruisers off Uruguay and eventual scuttling outside Montevideo harbour in December 1939.

Can anyone, who has seen this particular episode, tell me if this is the full story on the Graf Spee, run time at 25 minutes in length or just a short, condensed version of about a minute as shown on the program listing?

Thank you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2012 9:14 PM PDT

Old Spice Classic Scent After Shave 4.25 Fl Oz
Old Spice Classic Scent After Shave 4.25 Fl Oz
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $8.24
25 used & new from $5.41

1.0 out of 5 stars where is the original old spice?????, September 13, 2008
I bought this Old Spice Classic at a local store not from Amazon, because the store didn't have any of the original.
I thought this new Old Spice Classic was replacing the original.
What a disappointment.
It feels like the product was watered down, very, extremely, mild scent or none at all. Feels like water being splashed on - no scent.
Don't buy this Old Spice Classic. IT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL.
I hope the company releases the Original Old Spice soon - it was a better after shave.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 6:22 PM PDT

Darling Lili
Darling Lili
DVD ~ Julie Andrews
Offered by 86books
Price: $37.97
56 used & new from $4.54

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed by directors cut, March 25, 2008
This review is from: Darling Lili (DVD)
I saw this movie when it played in a theater and I totally enjoyed the movie. I was looking forward to its release on DVD.
Rock Hudson and Julie Andrews, along with Jeremy Kemp and a host other performers, were wonderful. The movie had a good combination of war, comedy, romance, music, adventure, scenery,and more to make it an very enjoyable movie to see.
Had I read the reviews beforehand, I never would have bought the Directors Cut. I was greatly frustrated and disappointed to find all the scenes that I remembered seeing in the original, theatrical release, were cut out. The movie had 30 minutes cut out of it. They were added as a Special Feature of Deleted Scenes.
I went on to [...] to buy the British PAL version of Darling Lili, which is the complete, full version of the movie.
Even though I don't have have a multi-region dvd player at the moment, I can still play the movie on my computer which accepts both NTSC and PAL
Formats.
Hopefully, somebody, with a proper state of mind, will restore this beautiful movie to it original, full-length theatrical release version.
Playable here in Region 1 areas, NTSC formats.

Samson & Delilah [VHS]
Samson & Delilah [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Simon House
Price: $10.32
47 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Samson & Delilah (1950) DVD , DVD DVD????? WHEN?, March 29, 2006
This review is from: Samson & Delilah [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I saw the the movie when it played in the theater.

I got the VHS version on 2 separate tapes which is frustrating to change tapes.

I see other movies on DVD by Victor Mature like Demetrius & The Gladiators, The Robe.

Other movies like Ten Commandments, Ben Hur.

All these releases on DVD and NO SAMSON & DELILAH!!!!!!ON DVD!!!!!!

When in the world are they going to release this movie on DVD???

I loved this movie and I keep asking, WHEN IS THIS MOVIE, "SAMSON & DELILAH" with Victor Mature & Hedy Lamaar are going to be released???? WHEN???

PLEASE MAKE IT SOON!!!!

Lost Continent
Lost Continent
DVD ~ Cesar Romero
9 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost Continent - Sid Melton gored by Triceratop is in DVD, August 19, 2005
This review is from: Lost Continent (DVD)
I just got my Lost Continent DVD today from Amazon. I saw this movie in a theater when I was young. It was good to see it again after some 50-years for the first time in a long time.
I had my concerns, by other reviews about the scene with Sid Melton being gored by the Triceratop would be cut out from the DVD version.
Well! the scene is in! The DVD shows Sid Melton behind a rock and a Triceratop coming in from behind him. The others tried to warn him, but too late. He gets gored.
The entire movie is as I remember seeing it back then, especially the tinted green scenery. I remember my brother coming home telling me about it which prompted me to go see the movie.
An interesting item that is inside the DVD case is the information sheet that gives a detailed account of how the movie was made, Sid Melton's role, and some disappointments that faced the directors and actors.
The stop-motion dinosaur sequence were not the best, it explains, but they didn't have the technology like they have now.
The movie was done in 11-days.
But they got a lot of praise for their efforts in making this movie when it was released in theaters.
Enjoy!

Midway (Collector's Edition)
Midway (Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Charlton Heston
Price: $9.51
72 used & new from $3.32

3.0 out of 5 stars (UPDATE - Midway - Blu-Ray with Sensurround Sound Feb.. 20, 2014), January 9, 2005
This review is from: Midway (Collector's Edition) (DVD)
ATTENTION, ATTENTION!! NEW UPDATE February 20, 2014: Blu-Ray version MIDWAY......WITH SENSURROUND SOUND:
After all the Hoopla I did, eight years ago, on edited scenes and Sound, of the previous Mono version of Midway, that I had,
I finally, got myself to buy the newer, Blu-Ray version of Midway.
This newer version that came out last fall, has the original Sensurround Sound restored by Universal.
It sounds a lot better and is more enjoyable to watch with all the sound of gunfire and explosions.
It is still the edited version running at 2 hrs.12 min. minutes. But I have come to accept the fact that Universal
will never restore the deleted scenes I mentioned along with other reviewers.
But, at least, Universal was good enough to restore the Sensurround Sound on this Blu-Ray version, which I can, now, accept.
The thoughts of deleted scenes still linger, as I watch the movie, But, with this newly added Sensurround Sound,
I find that I enjoy the movie a lot more and I can set aside the deleted scenes.
There are Special Features which are worth watching, especially, on The Making of Midway.
Which explains how and why the director made this movie on Midway, which makes me appreciate Midway even more.
After reading some of the reviews regarding this Blu-Ray version with Sensurround, and much consideration in buying it,
I made up my mind to give it a try and buy it. I'm glad I did.
I would recommend this Blu-Ray version of Midway with the added Sensurround Sound.

=========================================================================================================================================================================================================

OLD UPDATE: January 9, 2005 - I saw the movie play in a theatre and I was greatly impressed.
I still enjoy the movie BUT! at the same time I am disappointed.

When it was released first on VHS and now on DVD I was greatly disappointed to see how much film footage has been cut out from the original theatrical release.
In its original release MIDWAY ran for almost 2 hours 45 minutes.
On VHS and DVD it runs for 2 hours 10 minutes. What happened to all the othe extra scenes???
Where is the Battle of the Coral Sea which was shown in the original movie?

Furthermore they cut out the surround sound and made it Mono.
It is ridiculous that the have a Special Feature on Surround Sound, but the DVD was made in Mono sound.

And they call this DVD a Special Collector's Edition???
Come on Universal give us the full extended theatrical release along with 5.1 Surround Sound.
Comment Comments (40) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 2:09 AM PDT

Hercules/Hercules Unchained
Hercules/Hercules Unchained
DVD ~ Hercules
16 used & new from $0.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Steve Reeves deserved better DVD tribute, July 22, 2004
This review is from: Hercules/Hercules Unchained (DVD)
I got Steve Reeves' Double Feature of HERCULES/HERCULES UNCHAINED DVD last week.
I saw these 2 movies when I was young and it was good to see Steve Reeves again.
HOWEVER!!!!! It is regretful and a disappointment that the DVD was not made in Widescreen Format with improved colour quality and soundtrack. Seemed like half the movie is missing in certain scenes.
Surely! Steve Reeves deserved better.
It looked like the company put the 2 movies on DVD in the quickest and cheapest way without any consideration for the actor.
It made the movies look......Cheapily Done like a B or C rated movie.
Here are items that need improvement.
COLOUR - the movie needs to be digitally enhanced to bring out a more sharper, krispier colour. When I watched the movies you can see tiny, white specks and lines dancing around which showed the DVD was made from films that were worn and fading. Also some scenes were blurred. Not very clear.
AUDIO - The soundtrack could be remastered to make it smoother.
I have other movies like JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH starring James Mason, Pat Boone; JASON and THE ARGONAUTS, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND are just a few that were made back in the sixties. All these and others that I have, have been digitally enhanced in widescreen format with sharper, clearer picture colour and improved soundtrack.
Why can't this company turn around and try some serious restoration to these HERCULES films and have a little more respect to STEVE REEVES - Mr. Hercules himself!!!!??????
I think he would appreciate it more.
Wouldn't we all?
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2011 4:10 PM PDT