Profile for marginalian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

marginalian "marginalian" RSS Feed

TWIST Loofah 2-pack, Euro 3-pack, European 1-pack Kitchen Sponges Set (6 Sponges Total) 100% Biodegradeable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the sponges, but colors not the same as pictured, February 27, 2010
I'm a longtime lover of TWIST sponges, only have good things to say, so this review is only as a heads-up that the sponges are actually all white, not the colors pictured above. For most people, it shouldn't matter, but they do start showing wear-and-tear more easily than color ones.

Brain Pickings
Brain Pickings
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclectic Curiosity & Cultural Curation, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Brain Pickings (Kindle Edition)
There's never a guarantee what each daily article will be about - design, science, music, art, data visualization, photography, technology, or some other unimaginable cultural wild-card. It is, however, guaranteed to be curious, intriguing and, more often than not, something that makes you feel just a little bit more inspired, instigated and culturally enriched.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2010 6:52 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, spicy yet sweet flavor -- great hot or cold, January 28, 2008
True to all my previous Yogi experience, the green chai nails it. I've actually had it before many times, but I finally decided to "commit" and got it on Subscribe & Save. Very, very spicy but in a good way, totally invigorating without the caffeine jolt of regular pick-me-ups. I've even found it helps with digestion (which is no surprise, really, given it contains cinnamon, ginger and clove -- all used in traditional herbal digestive aids).

This is easily my all-time favorite green tea. (I also love the little pithy sayings on the tea bag tags -- nice stop-and-think moments when you least expect them.)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Despite claims of same taste, new tea fails, November 5, 2007
I've been hooked on this tea for 2 years, absolutely loved its bold taste and spicy warmth. (I gave the original formula 5 stars.) I just got my latest order of a case and was surprised to find the packaging was different.

Never one to be deterred by new packaging (products do this all the time, Yogi Tea did it and the tea was still the same great stuff), I gave it a try. Plus, the box reassuring says "NEW LOOK, SAME RICH TASTE".

Well, no. The formula is distinctly different. I drink at least 4 cups of this tea every day, so my palate is conditioned well enough to detect the change -- and there is one. The taste is MUCH weaker, not nearly as sweet, just less bold altogether.

What happened, Good Earth? Decided to dilute a bit? Not cool.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2008 12:42 PM PST

Stash Tea Melon and Green Chanakara Tea for Chakra 4, 18 Count Tea Bags in Foil (Pack of 6)
Price: $28.08
2 used & new from $27.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a bagged tea, even better if the melon was stronger, October 17, 2007
I'm a total tea snob, drink mostly loose and hardly ever buy bagged teas (especially green) but I figured I'd give this one a shot: green tea is my favorite, melon is my favorite flavor/scent, and I love yerba mate's natural energizer properties.
I've also had a great experience with Stash products before (LOVE their green chai tea), so I figured why not.

The tea is actually really good. The flavor and scent are very subtle. I know a lot of people prefer it that way, I just wish the melon came through more. There's no bitter aftertaste at all like some other yerba mate products tend to have. Overall, great tea.

NuGo Smarte Carb Bar, Sugar free Peanut Butter Crunch, 1.76-Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Price: $17.89
6 used & new from $14.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., July 30, 2007
As someone meticulous about the food they eat, I'd have to say these bars are both nutritionally sound (although I normally prefer whey protein over soy) and delicious. Great taste, great texture, love 'em.

Harbinger Pro Women's FlexClosure Wash & Dry Glove (Black/Purple, Small)
Harbinger Pro Women's FlexClosure Wash & Dry Glove (Black/Purple, Small)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, July 30, 2007
I've had my share of good and bad workout gloves and these score better than most. Leather and mesh are of a really nice quality and very soft, yet durable. Two gripes though: one, the cut is a bit odd, with no velcro strap and with this pointy thing instead, which (for me, at least) hits right at the bump of my wrist bone -- can be irritating. Two, the seams on the palm are a bit thick and rough, to the point of giving me blisters on my left hand. Other than that, though, the slip-on thing can actually be a plus as they're much easier to put on and take off than regular designs.