Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Nick > Reviews

Browse

Nick's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick RSS Feed

Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound
Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound
Price: $79.99
128 used & new from $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Severly disappointed in Logitech, December 27, 2011
My computer desk has Logitech everything; mouse, keyboard, speakers, webcam, the works. I was really excited to add this headset to the collection given all the success I have had with all my other Logitech products.

Sadly, this headset did not live up to the standard of quality I have come to expect from Logitech. I had several gripes pertaining to the virtual 7.1 surround as well as general sound quality, along with the microphone not working in-game even after maxing all voice levels and fiddling with it for a good 20 minutes.

The surround works, just not well. Even after fine tuning all my settings, sounds were off. I could hear nothing directly in front of me and everything else sounded distant. Explosions didn't quite have the depth or presence that you would expect, often sounding hollow, like they were somewhere else rather than close by. General sound quality wasn't terrible. At times it was a little flat but what bugged me the most was that the speakers popped and buzzed right out of the box. Sometimes sound cut out all together making for a less than decent listening experience.

The thing I did like about this headset was the G-keys and volume control. Both being located on the side of the headset made it easy to perform commands or alter volume while still playing. Logitech put a lot of effort into the design of this headset; they just need to focus a little more on the functionality.

Overall, if you are looking into getting this headset I would recommend you go with the G35 instead. It is the wired version of these same headphones and I think many of my listening issues were caused by the wireless.

Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011112-WW)
Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011112-WW)
Offered by BinkieMelane

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Gaming Headset, December 11, 2011
I spent a lot of time trying to find a gaming headset that I really liked and I found it in the Corsair Vengeance 1500. They really hit the ground running with all their new gaming peripherals. This headset is both comfortable and very functional.

Very sturdy construction for being lightweight plastic. Very comfortable both along the headband and in the ear cups. The pads are very soft and breathable. Movement of the headband adjustment and the mic boom are nice and stiff but not difficult. Adjustments stay when you make them.

The inline control is nice but the lighting tends to glare in your peripheral vision, especially the blue lights indication the mic is active. The cord is nice and long and very pliable so it goes where you want it to.

The digital surround works pretty well and overall, sound quality is pretty good. Voice quality is nice as well and people are very easy to hear in game.

One oddity about the headset is that the ear cups rotate away from you rather than towards you for the lay flat design. It feels a little awkward since most headsets have the ear cups rotate towards you so they sit flat against your collar.

Overall, my favorite headset thus far. Corsair did a wonderful job and I look forward to using future Vengeance series products.