Profile for Christopher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 106

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher RSS Feed (New York City Area)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Dreams From My Real Father:  A Story of Reds and Deception
Dreams From My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception
DVD ~ Frank Marshall Davis
Price: $9.95
32 used & new from $4.75

4.0 out of 5 stars The Circle of Socialism is Complete!, August 19, 2012
As with any of these videos about presidents or parties, they are more propaganda than anything else. However, I still like to watch them to see what may or may not be new. There was some stuff in this video that I never knew about!

I never knew that Obama's mother was taking nasty pictures in 1960! Obama and even Republicans (because they are all working together) never mentioned that! I never knew that Barack Obama never had a relationship at all with President Obama, which explains why he was not in Obama's life. The video says that Obama's grandfather was in the CIA, although I would assume that it was his mother who was in the CIA, which I still believe. Obama was chosen long ago to become president.

Another interesting thing is and Communists that Obama hung around, the main one having been Bill Ayers which you know Sean Hannity keeps mentioning to implant it into our minds. The interesting thing about Ayers is his connection to the Brinks Job in Nyack, NY in the early 80's. I found this fascinating because another famous person has connections to that same robbery - rapper Tupac! Since Tupac was clearly harassed by the powers that be and shot (not in a rap war mind you) to death, then we have to ask why Obama was picked to be president if socialisms were not the goal of those who control the US?

President John F. Kennedy was shot and killed for NOT being a so-called capitalist and accused of having been a Communist, yet Obama is around and they all claim that he was groomed as a socialist. Why did they kill JFK? Some alleged because he did not fully support or favor Israel above everything else. If true, and it appears to be true, then it should be noted that Bill Ayers and his fellow Communists are of the same type that began Communism in Russia - JEWS! Yes, it is not Obama who wants socialism, it is the Jews. Why? They own the Federal Reserve which has allowed them to legally buy up all properties and assets. Once you own everything, you want to protect it. The best way to make sure that you keep it is to collapse the economy, starve people out and make them accept socialism!

Socialism insures that no free spirit, enterprising people come about to challenge power. It is like welfare. Once people become depend on it and conditions are made so that they cannot accomplish much more than what welfare offers, they prefer the handouts. When you are used to handouts, you do not know how to do anything else so you won't strive for more. Socialism keeps people enslaved and dumbed down at the same time. What better way to introduce socialism than through a proxy, puppet "black" president? What better fall guy can you have? A Jewish president (but not mayors!) would be too obvious, so created a president with littl political experience to "change" America.

While I am convinced that Frank Marshall Davis is Obama's father, as Obama looks nothing like Barack Obama or any of his family, the video left out two things which I found interesting. There was not one word about Obama's grandmother - you know, the one who was talked about and who we saw throughout his presidential campaign? I found that to be a very strange omission. I wonder what was behind leaving her out? The other thing, which I was waiting for them to get to, was the DEATH of Barack Obama in Kenya! How can you say that Obama was paid to act like the lover and father of the president, yet fail to discuss if "convenient" death? It would seem more likely than not that Barack Obama was hit by the CIA in order to make sure that this story never got out since according to the video, he protested taking part in this scam.

Anyone with knowledge of power and the CIA and Jewish power should know frauds when they seem the by now. Many do not and refuse to accept that a president would have a made up story about his very existence and still make it in the White House - without the powers that be placing him there. They STILL think that they elect presidents. JFK had an election on November 22,1963 and it was not in his favor! Socialism is all by design and Obama is the latest president to continue to transformation. He has followed the rules and he will be reappointed. Romney if merely a formality, but if Obama goes off script, they already created more than a for scenarios for patsies in case they have to deal with him like they dealt with JFK.

Lastly, if you listen to so-called conservative (really Communist) talk-radio, they often speak of an "Obama trance" that people have been hit with. This means that you have bought into his story, the "hope," the blackness and the overall brainwashing campaign by those who own the media. I knew that these people did exist, but I did not realize just how much until I told people about this video and how convincing it was. They did not want to believe it. One person did not even want to watch it for fear of ruining HER dream that had been built be the Obama deception. Another made excuses like: "Even if that guy is his real father, what's the big deal?" I am sure that this woman would not ask what the big deal was if her boyfriend was really married! We know politicians lie. Most were attorneys and attorneys are professional liars, so what do you expect? However, manufacturing a family, as history about a president? That is like creating a Frankenstein, x-factor president that only those who created him know his true purpose. That is not cool, but neither is only having TWO choices for president - their man in red or their man in blue.

While this video explains a lot of things, it is also deceptive as well. They want to keep the focus on Obama as the mastermind of his own destiny and they want us to believe that a group of rag tag communist criminals with public records, engineered a young man to become president and it happened? Of course this is outrageous. Mutlu Shakur is in prison for life when he did nothing in that Brink's robbery. Tupac Shakur is dead just for being a revolutionary rapper. Obama is supposed to be a disciple of these groups, yet he is president? All of this should have been out there in the media but some things were only touched on. It is not Obama's doing, it is the REAL socialists who are behind it. Bush I said that the US won the Cold War. I think that he lied because clearly the enemy won, and they started winning long before the Cold War began.

The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Price: $8.65
153 used & new from $2.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair Film, not Great or Even That Good., August 18, 2012
As you know, this film made a lot of money, yet it looks like a low-budget film. It looks like a film from the early 80's and I see nothing that says 2012! I do not like the look of the film as many characters have strange hairdos which is the usual stereotypical "futuristic hairdo" which are complete with cuts that are weird.

This is one of those dystopian films where you assume it is the future, but by the looks of things, the time period is all over the place. On the on hand it looks like the future, on the other it looks like the 1940's or earlier. I really hate when films do this. The special effects were sorry as well. If there were some that I did not notice, then maybe they were great.

The story is one that we can relate to today. Athletes from poor communities compete for fame and wealth given by the elites in order to give them HOPE that they can be something that they are not and be on the side with the elite. Little do they realize that they are only entertainment and nothing more. They make no decisions, hold no power (only popularity), plan nothing and all they have comes from the elite in terms of money and fame. You go against the elite and they take it away, just ask Chad Johnson!

The Hunger Games world is one that we live in today, just not as stripped down and with the aura of freedom, but we are never free. Having to pay taxes when you don't want to is a prime example of not being free. Don't pay taxes and you are off to jail and everything that you worked for is taken away! Ask Red Foxx! What the Hunger Games does is to give us a glimpse into the madness of the ruling elite in their quest for one-world government (with them at the head of course - something has to lead it) with 'certain' people at the top and everyone else as slaves.

In order to bring about a world government, the rich - who literally own all of the money, but up everyone's property and possessions (Cash for Gold!), ruin the economy (one that they built in order to benefit ONLY them), make people desperate enough to accept socialism (with a patsy leader implementing it) which is CONTROLLED (rationed) wealth, which in turn makes people NOT want to compete, with the idea that the elite will have no future challengers to their rule! Of course no religion (except that of the elites, which only they can practice) also helps to eliminate any ideological opposition as well. Socialism does not allow the type of wealth which could create weapons, payoffs etc. of any would-be challenger to power. Hitler wanted a 1,000 reich, and so do the elite. The thing that has eluded empires throughout history was how to take the ENTIRE world and keep under their rule. This part is still being played out as they continue to take out "rogue" (not under their control) nations and nations with advanced war capability.

For pointing out the world that we live in and the sorry world that we may be headed towards, this film is good at pointing that out. As far as the presentation of the film - I don't like it. I also did not like the lone black girl in an every man for himself killing game, the black girl somehow finds some "good ol" fried chicken! They never forget to add that do they? The same could be said of the lame love story. There are 23 people in a game - a game of death, and they have to kill each other so that only one remains. Why are some people concerned about other people's well being? I know the point of the film was to show how the elites will make you do what they want, including becoming a killing machine, then they give you wealth, homes and you are deemed "OK," but why did some care about the other when their lives were on the line? I guess the ending gives us a clue. I won't tell that.

The Blu-Ray quality is good, but the picture is a little softer than I would prefer. Not a bad film overall, just nothing that I would add to my collection unless you are a fan of the book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2012 8:41 AM PDT

Tyler Perry's Good Deeds [Blu-ray + Digital Copy]
Tyler Perry's Good Deeds [Blu-ray + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Tyler Perry
Price: $14.51
29 used & new from $8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars You Know What to Expect!, June 8, 2012
Let's just start out flat and say that Tyler Perry is definitely not a dramatic actor and will never win an award. Hell, Will Smith has him beat on acting! With that said, Perry needs to do what George Lucas should have done for Attack of the Clones - hire a DIRECTOR!

From what I have read and heard from actors, Tyler Perry is cheap and pays them practically nothing! It is clear that he prefers to keep as much money from his films as much as possible which is why he writes, directs and produces all of them and even stars in them - all so that he gets most of the money! Yeah, he employs actors who otherwise would not have much higher profile work coming in or who otherwise would not get any TV or film work, but with him it is like getting below or minimum wage! That should end for a guy with an EGO like Perry!

Now, this film is another one of his hastily put together, predictable films. This film serves as a showcase for Perry to show off his real life wealth put in film. He is rich, owns a company, has a nice looking fiance, nice looking mother, fly rides, fly home, is intelligent, cannot relate to the common man and of course, has the ladies fighting over him. In other words, he is the top man! He meets a janitor played by another one of Perry's stable of actors (she is just getting by on the acting skills - but she is cute!), but of course in real life, a woman looking like this would never be stuck with a job of janitor! She would most certainly be someone's assistant some place!

It's the usual story. Rich man is rich, meets the poor, wants to help, the poor changes his worldly views, he has fun and resigns from his stiff life (that 99% of people would love to have!) and is a better and happier man. Hell, even his fiance is fine with his new decisions! Perry is a rotten actor and the guy who played his brother is even worse! In one dramatic scene, I was expecting more emotions out of Perry. If he would have had a director, he would have gotten it out of him, but when you are the boss, you can do it half "A."

Again, these are not Academy Award type films from Perry, just meant for quick money grabs. Even though this flopped, it still made money and he has another Medea film lined up right after. Medea is the anchor and Good Deeds is the experiment. It would not hurt to get a co-writer to polish the film up and to get rid of cliches and predictable story lines. In the first 40 minutes, I did not know where it was going, but I knew the ending. After 40 minutes, it was predictable as was the ending. In fact, when it ended, I could not believe that it was over with that ending!

It had my attention, but after it was over, it did not have my retention! This is another ego-driven film by the latest flavor of black directors. I guess the John Singleton's and Spike Lee's are not the order of today since they tackle real issues and Perry deals with largely foolishness. It is OK to laugh (although he needs a write for that too, because I don't laugh at his films, I am just entertained) and Perry does deliver positive messages, so I am not as hard on him as others. My main issues are with the quality.

EXTRA: I also noticed that Tyler Perry almost always has a mixed girl as the lead and as an example of optimum beauty. I hope he is not color struck. He also has a lot of the women in his films as prostitutes as if most black women do that if they are not a professional.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2012 8:44 AM PDT

Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son
Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son
DVD ~ Martin Lawrence
Price: $4.95
88 used & new from $0.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Horrible!, June 8, 2012
Man, I cannot believe that people can get away with making films this horrible these days! EVERYTHING about this films sucks! The story, the acting, the music, the plot, the fights, the cliches - EVERYTHING! The only good things about this film are the sexy females in here. If they were not in it, it would have been even harder to watch. Fazon Love was the only good actor in the film and HE was the ONLY one funny in the film! If he had not been in it, this film would have been even worse. He is the only one who took his role seriously regardless of the poor production.

As many people point out about men (black ones in particular) dressing up like women being a part of a plot and designed to get people used to homosexuality and cross-dressing - I believe it! I also believe that if some want a career in Hollywood, they must do things like this or be gone. I also saw evidence of what they call child programming as Fazon Love wore his headphones as Mickey Mouse ears at the end of the film. I am wearing DJ headphones as I type and I can tell you that it is hard to get those things in that position by accident. It really seems what they say about Disney is true and about Hollywood in general!

As a film, this was poorly written, very poorly directed (it seemed homemade) and the acting seem more like rehearsals or auditions! I TRULY hope that they do not make another one, but since this one made a profit, I am sure that they will. To me, Big Mamma seems more like a cartoon or horror character than a comedy! Big Mamma looks scary and the tacky wig has to go. Why does it wear the same dress in every film? Please - hire better screenwriters (me even), directors before you make another!

The Help (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
The Help (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Emma Stone
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $9.75
71 used & new from $4.32

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars for Content, Five Stars for Film Quality!, May 25, 2012
If you have seen any 1970's or 1980's film about blacks having been terrorized by whites in the 50's or 60's, then you kind of know what to expect from this. In short: Blacks are terrorized by racists (was the rule) whites in Jackson, MS, most whites are evil, some actually care, most who were evil ended up caring without traces of evil (although blacks are still the help and whites are the masters!) and blacks have something to smile about in the end - but whites end up looking like saints!

This is pretty much what I expected from this film before I saw it and it was as expected. I know it goes along with the story, but the black leads were so terrified of whites that they anticipated the feelings of the whites, did not talk back, did not think for themselves and were basically slaves in a new era. This was shameful to watch, but this type of thing was indeed real. THe actreses (black leads) were great and the acting was indeed worth of Oscars, but they played their parts a little too well, especially Octavia Spencer! She over-played that "fried chicken" scene too much. I would not have played that scene. With all of the hate from whites, it was shocking when we only heard the "N" word about once or twice!

Of course a feel good film about blacks getting an eas in racism from whites and white seeing some of the light while only one is still a hard-core racist, could not be comeplete without making the black MAN look the most evil of ALL! We did not see his face, but Minnie's husband was a woman beater and vicious, while the other black males in the films had minimal lines and were all willing servants and scared stright while the black women were strong! The only strong black man was the woman beater! This is a trend in Hollywood. I trend I don't like!

The picture quality was excellent and the film itself was great, just much of the content is what I don't like. Ocatavia Spence reminded me of some Amos N Andy type characters with her eye movements, body movements such as he acting nervous whenever something happened to a white character and he hands almost flailing up as well. Either she did some great acting or this reminded me of watchin blacks in a 1930's or 40's film! Sometimes you need to ease up on your performance!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2012 4:15 AM PST

Killer Elite (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
Killer Elite (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Jason Statham
Price: $14.98
64 used & new from $0.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Great, but SOmething to See to Say You Saw it., May 25, 2012
This film was supposed to be based on a true story although it is a remake with a different story than the original! I doubt most of the stunts in this film took place in real life. This film is the typical, 'trained' killers who are so well trained that they appear almost like super heroes with their fighting skills! We all know that they can only go as far as their weapons tkae them. This films is nothing to get excited about. What I really dislike about the hilm is the leader of Oman. Aside from having the wrong turban on, the Omani leader looked very weird. He did not look like a natural man.

Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
by Mark R. Levin
Price: $10.20
210 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Moshe Levinofsky is a Sucka Propagandist!, March 5, 2012
Mark Levine is nothing but a propaganda reader for his people and the corporate world! He and the rest of his ilk on WABC (24 hour a day right-wing radio propaganda!) and FOX NEWS do nothing but speak for the corporate world who run this country. The corporate world are the corporations, the bankers, the British since they own the most, the Germanic tribes, the CIA since they came out of the corporate world, the media and all types of industry!

All this guy does is speak about what's right for the corporate world and how they should have the freedom to do anything that they would like without answers! He is paid by the corporate world to spread propaganda and from what I hear, they pat pretty well so I can kind of understand why he would do it. This guy has a radio show and in Sean Hannity, Limbaugh fashion, their job is to NEVER let you get a point across that goes contrary to their orders! They must control the information and flow of the talk and when you outsmart them (that is, when they do not have their obviously phony callers on) they either "lost the call," try to talk over you, try to act like they want to teach you something in a calm manner (and long winded) hoping that you forget your main point and when that fails they ask you a question with one possible answer. If you don't answer that question, then they ALWAYS say "I've had enough of this foolishness, you are talking non-sense" and then they hang you up. That is their thing.

No matter how foolish their propaganda is, they just hope to keep repeating it hoping that some fool will believe it. Mark Levine (Moshe?) is one of those people and he has no shame. He is one of the great comedians of our time however! He is funnier than those who call themselves comedians like one of his people - Sarah Siverlman, who is just a viscious racist and general hater. I am sure that this guy does not believe most of what he has to say but he has a job to do. They only give him book deals in order to put some extra money in their pockest and to try and make these people seem legit, as well as to have yet another medium to brainwash. I'll bet that books sales are fake too since the corporate world can manipulate anything they they want.

THese guys hate so-called liberals, the poor, the working class, the middle-class, any person who is looking to do good for the country instead of the ruling class, anyone who does not like war, anyone who is against their sick agendas and 'others' in general. They never talk about Jews and what they are doing, gays (I thought that they were conservatives?), illegals (that is because the corporate world brought them in for slavery!) and they deny being racists while they say and do racist things all of the time! I must admit that their racism against blacks seem more like an "oh, I forgot - I have to take a shot at blacks" just because thing. If guys like Levine were gone (especially that sick dog Hannity!!) then there would be more peace in this country and in this world. You rule, how come you can't be happy and live it up instead of terrorising us?

One more note, you can tell that the so-called liberal and so-called conservatives (generally known s Democrats and Republicans) are working together because these guys were order to agree that Obama killed Bin Laden when they know that it did not happen, but that was an issue that they had to go with or the whole 911 (inside job - YEAH I SAID IT!!! Lol!) and current middle-eastern wars and the future war with Iran would be blown. Other than the phantom terrorist issues, they ACT like they disagree. Now they do really disagree with some of them which is why JFK and his brother had to be eliminated and not ONE Democrat or so-called liberal has attempted to dig into the real truth because they are on the take - just look at Clinton now! They may be overplaying their hands just as Rome had and you know what happened to them!

I called this guy about health insurance and I took this guy to school but of course I had to get hung up on because it went against his agenda for which he is paid to have. Let him or any of these others go against the agenda and they will be the new Rick Sanchez! Yes - even Makr Levine - for a little while anyway. Don't buy this peddler's book!
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2012 2:03 PM PDT

In Time [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital copy]
In Time [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital copy]
DVD ~ Justin Timberlake
Price: $4.99
60 used & new from $3.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept - Poorly Executed!, March 3, 2012
I, like most had seen the trailer for this in theaters and put this on my "must see" list! I did not make it to see this in the theaters and I am kind of glad that I did not.

This film had a good concept which of course is based on current events like the 1% vs. the 99% - the very greedy haves vs. the have-nots/can't let them get! This film is clearly and overt political film which should have been more covert in order to truly get it's point across. This film touches on the mega rich vs. the poor and how the mega rich not only keep the poor down and away from them, but they also make sure that they can never achieve anything in life - unless allowed by the mega rich! It is art imitating life - albeit financed by the 1%!
The idea of the film is that time is used as currency to determine how long you are to live. The more that you make, the longer you live. The more you make, the more things that you can do. Of course in real life, the more that you make the more that you can do and the longer you CAN live due to better health care and other factors. There is no paper money or anything called money it is just time that you deal with. Of course the mega rich horde all of the time for themselves and they could care less who has any.

The film takes place in a place called Dayton - although we can clearly see the Los Angeles skyline in the background! That is the ghetto, and there is the wealthy suburb of "New Greenwich" which I assume is supposed to be a place like Greenwich, CT where the mega rich live and they do what they can to keep "others" out of the town and they know instantly if you do not `belong' there!

The scope of the film was large, but the execution was small. I do not know if this is due to the budget, the producer's vision of the limited L.A. scenery, but the film does not LOOK good! It takes place 150 years from now, but it looks like it takes place 50 years ago! 150 years from now and they ride in cars from the 80's, 60's and 70's? I guess that is a part of the budget. I also hate it when films that take place in the future always have the same look with the long coat cops and plain vehicles.

I know that parts of this future are based on what many say people are planning which includes biochips (available), population reduction (so that the rich will have less challengers), economic collapse (to make people rebel so that they can be killed), increasing the cost of living while keeping pay the same and a police state! I hope those are not the plans because that would be a foolish thing to do for the US. This film touches on it but the setting, look and "futuristic" design do not translate well in 2011/2012 given that things look a lot better now. They should have spent more or chosen a different city to film in and it should have been done iRobot style.

The BD picture quality is of course A1 since this is a new release and they are not really going to look bad most times. This is something to see, but not anything to buy. Timberlake's acting is not too bad if you keep in mind that he was a signer first. His first few acting roles, his timing was off, now that he has that together he may have a future in acting.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2012 6:07 AM PST

Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America
by Mark R. Levin
301 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Propaganda Piece to Make this Guy Legit!, February 11, 2012

Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2012 12:18 PM PST

Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and Its Aftermath
Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and Its Aftermath
by Mimi Alford
359 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not Buying it!, February 10, 2012
I am not buying this book and I am not buying the story! This book is yet ANOTHER attempt by the right to continue to at least to try and make the general public NOT like JFK and to feel good (as they do) about them having blown his head off! We know his affairs are not the reason they killed him in Dallas, it was because they could not pimp him like every president after him - INCLUDING Obama!

If you have not been paying attention over the past ten years, there have been story after story or TV show (The so-called History Channel and Nation Geographic Channel) about JFK having been a drug fiend in the White House, a sex fiend in the White House and an all-around immoral guy. Which president was straight and narrow? JFK was the only modern president who actually cared about the country and governed according to what is best for the general population as opposed to a few extremely greedy business people! Shame on them for hiring this woman to go out here with this BS!

Like Judith Exner who claims to have had a secret lover affair with Lee Harvey Oswald, this woman claims that JFK more or less raped her! Ask yourselves one question - does a president have to rape? These people are not only borderline calling JFK a rapist, but they are also getting into pedophile territory! Like Exner, Alford speaks about a dead man who cannot tell his side of the story and they both position themselves to be in these men's lives when no one else can verify any of their claims except for the deceased! Judith and Mimi can only show us ONE thing - that they were both living at the time of these men and could have run across them. Mimi more likely than not did meet JFK on occasions, but there were much finer women out there that JFK was dealing with. Judith put's herself in New Orleans but that's about it.

What neither of these frauds do is to show us the MEAT! Judith (to my knowledge) has not produced ONE picture of her and Oswald together or a picture of her and anyone else of note in the JFK assassination arena! Mimi may be able to produce a picture of her at the White House and even a pic with her and JFK, but what we have here is similar to CIA operations like we saw with Herman Cain, which was all an act anyway. Those women accused Cain of having had sex with them but no proof was presented, just the accusations. This is all that is needed to plant seeds. We can all accuse the dead of having done anything since no one can prove it - not even the accuser.

This book, like many TV shows, articles etc., are just smear campaigns to make the general public dislike JFK so that we can feel better that he was taken out in Dallas instead of still wanting to get at the treasonous forces that killed him and run this country with endless wars today!
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2012 8:04 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11