Profile for Javier Rodriguez Paiva > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Javier Rodriguez Paiva "Goliath" RSS Feed (Pittsburgh, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $79.95
13 used & new from $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 6, 2014
I have had this scale for over a month and have no complaints. The only functionality I wish it had is displaying total muscle mass in pounds rather (or in addition to) as a percentage of body weight. One can increase muscle as a percentage but actually lose muscle mass, especially when on a fat loss regime, so this is something I like keeping an eye on. The scale already has the inputs it needs (total weight, and muscle as a percentage of it) so it just a matter of doing the multiplication.

Granted, a minor area of opportunity in an otherwise excellent appliance.

The Hunted (Tom Clancy's Endwar #2)
The Hunted (Tom Clancy's Endwar #2)
by David Michaels
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $9.35
281 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but departing in style from Endwar #1 (meh), December 7, 2013
The book is ok, yet not as good as the first one of the saga. Moreover, it is written in a very different style, which might throw some readers off.

The story departs from that "Red Storm Rising" vibe that Endwar #1 provided (techno-thriller covering large-scale conventional operations, seen from the personal POV of various parties involved), adopting more of a spec-ops or even spy-chase style (more of a Ghost-Recon meets The Cardinal of the Kremlin, if you know what I mean). Albeit interesting, it wasn't quite what I was looking forward to.

I bought the book to keep myself entertained during a long plane ride, and it did the trick well enough. That being said, I have re-read Endwar #1 several times, and this one I have only read once and never found myself craving to go back again.

Bottom-line, if you enjoyed Endwar #1, get Red Storm Rising. You will love it. You might as well get this one to get some sense of closure, just don't expect a classic. It is not.

LinenTablecloth 17-Inch Polyester Napkins (1-Dozen) Red
LinenTablecloth 17-Inch Polyester Napkins (1-Dozen) Red
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the product, August 4, 2013
I am giving this product 5 stars because I am overall very satisfied both with the quality and looks of the product, and it provides and excellent value for the money (considering that you get a dozen).

I certainly do not know much about cloth feels/texture, etc. or the fine details of tableware, so if you are looking for some specific fabric quality or any opinion in those lines, this review probably won't be of much use. However, if you are a person like me, merely looking for something that looks very nice for special occasions (e.g., when having a girl over, etc.), then take my word for it: Looks fancy and it is affordable. I don't see any reasons for it not getting 5 stars.

Men's Stainless Steel Railroad Bracelet with Rose Ion-Plated Center
Men's Stainless Steel Railroad Bracelet with Rose Ion-Plated Center
Price: $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It is nice - But there are some caveats, January 9, 2013
Some comments:
1. It is a nice bracalet and the seller delivered in time
2. It is a bit too big for my wrist (which I assume is normal-sized). In fact, I read a similar comment in here before buying, but didn't really pay attention to it. So keep in mind: If your wrist is normal-sized, it WILL be a bit too large. If your wrist is a bit large, it should fit perfectly.
3. The finish looks actually more golden than pink, i.e., the picture in the web is "pinker". I am not a big fan of carrying around a golden bracalet because may look sort of cheesy (too much bling). Pink is at least original in a guy (and a guy who is not able to rock pink is not a man).

All those things considered, it is a nice product. I use it to accesorize a bit when I go out. Chicks start conversations when one carries around eclectic stuff.

Clara Clark Microfiber Weave 4-Piece Bed Sheet Set, Queen, Burgundy Red
Clara Clark Microfiber Weave 4-Piece Bed Sheet Set, Queen, Burgundy Red
Price: $23.63
2 used & new from $17.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sheets, December 29, 2012
There isn't really a lot to say on a bed sheet recommendation. I am satisfied: these sheets are nice looking, the fabric feels good and the product is exactly as advertised. Great deal. I got the burgundy ones, and they work very well on black furniture in your bedroom (e.g.,bed, night tables, etc.)

#N/A
#N/A
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool posters, December 29, 2012
This review is from: #N/A (Kitchen)
I bought the three posters of the collection (Freedom is Peril ..., Keep Calm..., and Your Courage...) and I am very satisfied with the purchase. They are a great conversational topic -the story behind them is that they were originally part of British communication campaign geared towards maintaining the population morale during the German bombings of London- and give my pad a pretty cool hip/classy/wordly angle. It is also worth mentioning that the posters are different colors, so they work well as wall decoration for a living room/bedroom. Really like them.

Bulova Men's Diamonds Stainless Steel and Yellow Gold Plated Quartz Watch
Bulova Men's Diamonds Stainless Steel and Yellow Gold Plated Quartz Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, October 8, 2012
I keep getting complements on the watch. The watch is very stylish: it looks elegant/expensive without looking old-fashioned or over-the-top.

Ray-Ban Original 004/7758 Polarized Aviator Sunglasses,Gunmetal Frame/Blue Gradient Purple Lens,One Size
Price: $172.36
5 used & new from $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking sunglasses, October 8, 2012
You just can't go wrong with a pair of Aviators. These are the only sunglasses that I would buy without trying them on first. The blue-pink shade is very nice too. I thought that the pink shade would be a bit pinker, yet it still looks very nice. Highly recommended.

Honey Can Do BRD-01296 Ironing Board
Honey Can Do BRD-01296 Ironing Board
Price: $31.37
17 used & new from $31.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of wobbly, but it does its thing, October 15, 2010
Sort of wobbly, but it does its thing... especially considering its price. Good bang for the buck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2010 3:12 PM PDT

Generic HEPA Filter For All Bagless Hoover WindTunnels
Generic HEPA Filter For All Bagless Hoover WindTunnels
Offered by Allergy Be Gone
Price: $11.07
7 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as advertised, October 15, 2010
The product works and snaps in quite easily in the vacuum cleaner. I don't know what else is there to say about a HEPA filter, but I am happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2