Profile for Erich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erich "pimpbot" RSS Feed (oakland, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Celestron FirstScope Telescope
Celestron FirstScope Telescope
Price: $45.99
17 used & new from $37.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I need to learn how to use it better, but all I see when I look at ..., March 27, 2015
Meh... I mean, there isn't much detail, even with the eyepiece kit. Maybe I need to learn how to use it better, but all I see when I look at stars and planets are bigger blurry bright dots for stars. I can't make out Saturn's rings, or Jupiter's spot. I guess I can see craters on the moon, but that is about it.

Homeland Season 1 [HD]
Homeland Season 1 [HD]
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, March 10, 2015
I really like this series.

Rola 59898  Universal Cross Bar RBU 47"/ 1200 mm
Rola 59898 Universal Cross Bar RBU 47"/ 1200 mm
Price: $248.13
7 used & new from $220.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid bars, for not a lot of money., January 22, 2015
My only complaint is that I have to fiddle with them a bit every time I put them on to get them adjusted. The Thule/Audi-VW factory bars I had on my other car were super easy once adjusted the first time. Once they were set, I didn't have to adjust anything... just slap them on the car's roof rails and snug them down. It seems I have to work with both sides of the rail clamps (since the are basically floating when loose) to get them in position before snugging them down.

I like that these bars are tool free on and off. You only have to use the key to unlock the tightening handles. The T-Handle is basically built into the clamp mechanism.

Audiovox AMBR-1503-AVW - MediaBridge with Bluetooth for AUDI and Volkswagen
Audiovox AMBR-1503-AVW - MediaBridge with Bluetooth for AUDI and Volkswagen
Offered by Global Audio Video LLC
Price: $129.00
5 used & new from $129.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Seriously half baked. Needs more development, bug fixers, charger circuit., January 22, 2015
Kinda works, but it's flaky. The Audi Symphony IIplus stereo often loses connection to it (and the connectors are fine) it doesn't let me use the Satellite receiver (but, no big loss for me), it would hardly charge my iPhone 4s. If my phone was at 50% charge, and I left it plugged into this for my 30 minute commute drive (with nothing running on my iPhone) I would arrive with a 55% charge. If I use my cig lighter charger, I would have an 80 or 90% charge in that same time. If I ran a mapping program while it was plugged in, it would only maintain the charge, and not actually charge the phone up. I just switched to an iPhone 6 (not the big one) get the same results. Audio track, playlist, folder, etc. controls don't work for my iPod Nano Gen6 (the little square one) and that thing is a PITA to browse songs on from the tiny touch screen.

AUX input does not work at all, even thought the Sat input doesn't work. I know you can't use both, but I can't use either.

I have all of the firmware updates. That has not fixed anything.

Instruction manual is lacking a lot of important information, and what information is there is not written very clearly. It took me like 30 minutes of fumbling around with it to figure out how to pair the bluetooth for the first time, and turn off the annoying spoken 'mode' messages every time it turned on or something changed. Imagine my disappointment when it once forgot my settings and I had to spend another half hour trying to figure it out again. I make my living with this sort of stuff, and I'm pretty dang good at it, but this is a serious challenge for me. Steering wheel track skip controls only seem to work about half the time, but at least the volume always works.

On the plus side, the bluetooth is pretty flawless in how it connects and operates once it is set up. It works much more seamlessly than my BlueAnt Commute. Audio quality is okay, but not stellar. Bluetooth audio is atrocious.... good only for talk radio. I know bluetooth audio is generally not of great quality, but I know it can sound a lot better than this.

If you want to integrate your iPhone with your Audi stereo, I would look at another brand.

ACDelco 18A1200A Advantage Rear Disc Brake Rotor
ACDelco 18A1200A Advantage Rear Disc Brake Rotor
Price: $16.88

4.0 out of 5 stars One single rotor, January 22, 2015
Fit perfectly, good price, good quality.

One thing that was not clear in the description: This is for one single rotor! I ordered two, just to be sure, and I'm glad I did. Funny thing is, ALL of the rotor listings are like this. I mean, who replaces one single rotor on their car? Fine, you can order one if needed, but how hard is it to at least include that very simple, but important bit of information in the listing?

Planet Bike Tail Light Rack Bracket
Planet Bike Tail Light Rack Bracket
Offered by BikeZilla Bike Shop (Roy's Bike Shop)
Price: $6.99
29 used & new from $4.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit racks on a 29er. Wish I knew that going into this., October 13, 2014
The rack it goes on is billed as fitting 29ers. Well, it barely clears a 2" (not even a very big 29er) tire. So, I put this bracket on the rack and the bottom of the light hangs down so far it hits the tire. So, it's basically useless to me unless I drill new holes in the rack.

Man, I really wish somebody would make a beefy (like a 25kg weight limit) rack that fit 29ers with disc brakes (which is pretty much all of them these days) that didn't cost $200.

Ibera Bicycle Extra Lightweight Alloy Fusion Water Bottle Cage with Rubber Grip, 1.1-Ounce/31gm, Black/Lime Green
Price: $12.19
3 used & new from $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Light, works pretty well, but keep an eye on it, May 13, 2014
I bought two of these cages for my singlespeed 29er. The were a similar design to my Tacx Tao bottle cages that broke on me.

The cage in the vertical position on the seat tube started to bend as the weight of a full bottle would hammer on the bottom tab, bending it out. After a few rides, I noticed my water bottle pushed through the bottom tab, hammering it almost flat, so nothing was keeping the bottle in the cage.

On the plus side, none of my bottles ever bounced out of the cage. It kept a good grip around the bottle. They're pretty inexpensive and super light.

Spectra Premium CU2557 Complete Radiator
Spectra Premium CU2557 Complete Radiator
Price: $115.06
10 used & new from $107.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits, but not well, April 7, 2014
I was sent the wrong radiator initially, but I eventually got the right one. Double check your VINs, folks! Also, this radiator does not come with o-rings. You really want to replace those! Make sure you get the o-rings for your hoses.

The reason I gave this a sorta low rating was that the hose connectors were a smidge undersized. When I put my hoses on the connectors and filled the cooling system back up, I noticed I was getting a few drips from the top hose fitting if I wiggled the hose. Yes the hose was all the way home and locked.

After taking it apart, I found that the o-ring (the brand new o-rings from the Audi dealer) that was a snug fit my old factory radiator was a hair of a loose fit on the new one. I could spin the o-rings with my fingers on this radiator while I could not on the old one.

Luckily, I was able to find some o-rings from a Pep Boys 'Help' O-Ring kit by the Doorman company... Kit #80025, just in case you run into the same issue. The 'Help' kit has one o-ring that is oversized enough that I felt better about the seal. Just for extra credit security, I used some cooling system RTV sealant on them anyway. Not sure how wise that was, but it no longer leaks when I wiggle the hoses, unlike before. I would have returned it, but I already had 2 hours into removing the old radiator, and didn't want to do the job a third time.

Seems that Spectra needs to step up their QC.

HELLA 376720591 Radiator
HELLA 376720591 Radiator
Price: $113.05
3 used & new from $102.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit 2002 A4 1.8t as stated., February 25, 2014
The lower mounts are 2" too narrow, the top mounting points are different, and the lower hose flange has keys that are 90 degrees off of the original hose flange. It looked like a match before I spent 3 hours taking everything apart, but after finding out it was wrong, I had to spend another 2.5 hours putting it all back together. Now, I'm one day late on returning it, and I'm stuck with it.

I guess the radiator is fine, for whatever car it fits... but it doesn't fit mine.

AUDI A4 99-02 / VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT 01-05 SPEED SENSOR, Front ABS Sensor, R or L
AUDI A4 99-02 / VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT 01-05 SPEED SENSOR, Front ABS Sensor, R or L
Offered by movementauto
Price: $21.08

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits, and it works flawlessly. Good price, too!, January 29, 2014
Be sure you get the installation sleeve, tho. It's not included, and you're very likely to trash your existing one when you remove your old sensor.

Page: 1 | 2