Profile for RosieAndMe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 73

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RosieAndMe RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Jumbl High-Resolution 22MP All-In-1 Scanner/Digitizer - Converts 35mm Negative Films, 35mm Slides, 110, 126, and Super 8 Film to 22-Megapixel Digital JPEGs - No Computer/Software Required to Operate - Features 2.4" Color LCD & TV Out - Includes Speed-Load Adapters for Fast Repeat Scanning of Slides & Negatives
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $119.99
3 used & new from $87.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly mine was a dud, January 21, 2015
I give it 4 stars because everyone agrees it is worthy of 4 but my unit was a dud. The power would turn on but then none of the other buttons would do anything so sadly I returned it to Amazon which of course is very easy to do.

TP-LINK TL-WPA4220KIT ADVANCED 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, Repeater, AV500 Powerline Edition, Wi-Fi Clone Button, 2 LAN Ports
Price: Click here to see our price
83 used & new from $41.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Set Up, December 23, 2014
I could not get the Wi-Fi cloning to work. Everytime I tried the Wi-Fi Powerline Extender would go dead and I had to push the reset to get it going again. So this is how I got it to work.

1. Do not use power bars plug into wall outlets only.
2. Connect the Ethernet cable to the Router and to the Nano Powerline adapter.
3. Plug the Nano Powerline adapter into a wall outlet.
4. Plug the Wi-Fi Powerline Extender into a wall outlet.
5. Press Pair button on each unit and wait about two minutes for the pairing to complete.
6. Thats it they are ready to go. When connecting to the Wi-Fi Powerline Extender use the password printed on the bottom of the unit. In my case it was an eight digit number.

Supersonic SC-1311 13-Inch 60Hz LED-Lit TV
Supersonic SC-1311 13-Inch 60Hz LED-Lit TV
Offered by Outlet
Price: $97.89
27 used & new from $91.40

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 WATTS!!!!!, September 25, 2014
I like to comment on things that others don't. First, the power, it only takes 7 watts, the 16 inch TV this replaces took 19 watts. This is only important if you live in Southern California. Last month my power bill was $321.00 if I lived in Phoenix using the same amount of power my bill would have been $154.00. So for me power is very important. Second item all the controls besides those on the remote are clearly marked and conveniently located along the top of the TV. My 16 inch set has the controls along the bottom and they are virtually invisible. The inputs are extensive for a TV in this price class as others have noted. I use mine as a security camera monitor and then occasionally as a TV.

Philips Silver Plug-In Interview Microphone (LFH9171/00)
Philips Silver Plug-In Interview Microphone (LFH9171/00)
Price: $16.14
45 used & new from $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, September 11, 2014
Looks nice but the output is quite low. I think a better microphone is the Olympus ME-52W. I use the Olympus in a hearing aid and it works much better than the Philips.

La Crosse Technology WS-9023U-IT-CBP Wireless Thermometer with Outside Humidity
La Crosse Technology WS-9023U-IT-CBP Wireless Thermometer with Outside Humidity
Offered by newports
Price: $29.37
34 used & new from $17.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, July 10, 2014
I'm impressed with this unit. It has a solid hefty feel and setup was a breeze. This is the first unit ever (for me) to come with a weather resistant enclosure for the outdoor sensor along with screws anchors etc. Usually I've received the outdoor sensor and then I have to find a way to to keep it dry. That's the way my Ambient Weather WS-1171A indoor/outdoor thermometer came. I am disappointed with the WS-1171A it is only a few months old and is now intermittent in its operation and it cost three times as much.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Two things you MUST change, July 7, 2014
There are two Pocketalker's the Pro and the Ultra. The Ultra is by far the superior unit.

Most older people suffer from presbycusis or age-related high frequency hearing loss. This hearing aid, the Ultra is designed to address this common problem. My hearing loss is rated as severe, without a hearing aid I hear little and understand nothing so I have to wear a hearing aid 16 hours a day.

The Ultra has a very effective Tone Control. This control actually controls the frequency response of the amplifier which is very important and you will use it often to compensate for your surroundings. For example in an automobile if you select the low frequencies all you will hear is low frequency road noise. But if you select the higher frequency response the road noise will disappear and you will hear others talking. The Ultra also has AGC or Automatic Gain Control. The way it works is that with any high noise the volume is automatically reduced.

But there are two things you should change right away and that is the headphone and the microphone.

The most important item to change is the headphone. What they send is dreadful. What I have used for years is the Panasonic RP-HJE120S In-Ear Headphone (earbuds) ($6.23). These are very rugged, have good frequency response and will fit tightly and comfortably in the ears. With these earbuds and the supplied microphone I can listen to a TV 20 ft distant with the TV volume set at normal level. So you do not need a 12 ft cord to hear TV just some good earbuds. The earbuds are stereo so you will also need a mono to stereo adapter such as the C2G / Cables to Go 03174 ($4.99). All of these items are available from Amazon. I do not wear the earbuds with the wires hanging down my face. I get T-shirts with a pocket to carry my hearing aid. The earbud wire is hidden by my shirt and I feed my left ear by bringing the wire up the right side of my neck around to the back of my neck and into my left ear and then the same procedure for my right ear.

Then there is the microphone. Others have noted how you pick up noise when the microphone rubs against a shirt or other garment. The microphone is a good one its just the style that is bad. What is needed is a microphone much like the TV news anchors use (a lavalier microphone with alligator clip). This type of microphone comes with about a three foot cord and is supplied with a alligator clip that can be attached to to the front of your shirt/blouse and in the winter to the outside of your coat. When I am in a restaurant I often place it in the center of the table. There are many to choose from and I have several. I like the Olympus ME-15 Microphone ($22.99) but I prefer the Olympus ME-52W Noise Canceling Microphone ($16.60). These will directly plug into the Pocketalker and replace the one that comes with the Pocketalker. On the ME-52W the cord has a plug on the end so you can exchange microphones if you wish. That is, you can unplug the Olympus microphone and plug in the Pocketalker microphone still using the alligator clip.

The bottom line is that I have a draw full of in-the-ear and behind-the-ear hearing aids that I spent thousands for and none are as good as the Ultra.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:10 PM PDT

Durherm Powerful USB Powered LCD LED Monitor Desktop PC Audio Sound Bar Speakers
Offered by DURHERM
Price: $29.95
4 used & new from $19.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of power, April 11, 2014
I was very surprised at the level of volume available. I use it to listen to voice not music and find it exceptionally clear and crisp. I plugged the USB into a powered USB adapter because the computer USB outlets are easily overloaded. I have been in the electronics business since the 1950s and find the construction to be excellent. The speakers that come with the computer monitors are woefully inadequate and this is a simple low cost fix.

LumiSource LS-LED-EMU BK LED Emu Desk Lamp, Black
LumiSource LS-LED-EMU BK LED Emu Desk Lamp, Black
Offered by OJ Commerce
Price: $28.29
9 used & new from $22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very low power, March 29, 2014
Its perfect, good light output and well constructed. I use it as a desk lamp and never turn it off it is so cheap to operate.

Lumatek LK1000 Dual Voltage HPS-MH Dial A Watt Dimmable, 1000W-750W-600W (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by HealthyHarvestFL
Price: $229.84
4 used & new from $229.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Emissions that exceeded FCC rules, March 20, 2014
The ARRL (American Radio Relay League) has formally complained to the FCC that a "grow light" ballast being widely marketed and sold is responsible for severe interference to the MF and HF bands. The League urged Commission action to halt sales of the Lumatek LK-1000 electronic ballast and to recall devices already on store shelves or in the hands of consumers. In a March 12 2014 letter, ARRL General Counsel Chris Imlay, W3KD, told the FCC Enforcement Bureau and its Office of Engineering and Technology (OET) that, during ARRL Laboratory testing, the Lumatek device exhibited conducted emissions that exceeded FCC rules.

Korean War: Part 1   June-November 1950
Korean War: Part 1 June-November 1950
DVD
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Liberal Spin, November 14, 2013
I was in that war and this is a Liberal spin on the war. They do not even mention that the war was started because of the blunders of Truman. The war was called Truman's War with good reason

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8