Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Profile for H. McMahon > Reviews

Browse

H. McMahon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. McMahon RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

The Knitting Stitch Bible
The Knitting Stitch Bible
by Maria Parry-Jones
12 used & new from $24.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, January 3, 2010
My mom got me this book as a Christmas present. It has some really beautiful patterns with pictures of exactly what they're going to look like, however, as others have said, it has some problems.

I'm a beginner to intermediate knitter and have never worked from a chart before so I had to do a good bit of research online to try to figure out how to use the charts since, as others have said, some of the symbols aren't represented and there really isn't a good explanation of how to read the charts in the book.

After my research, I was ready to try the Raised Rib pattern on pg. 75. I tried this pattern, I think, 4 different ways and pulled it out & started over before I finally figured it out. From what I read online, charts should be read right to left for odd rows & left to right for even rows. After looking through some of the simpler patterns, I realized that her charts are all right to left for every row.

Once I figured that out, I started making some great headway. Perhaps this info may help others here who have had problems with the charts in this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2011 7:52 PM PDT